RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Information on gert Kolbel

Rate this topic

Guest guest

To the best of my knowledge,Gert is still alive and is an inventor,coming out with new fitness devises you see on the German site. I,too,would like more information on him. Richfloridalog123 wrote: Does anyone have any background/bio information on the creator of thebullworker? I am specifically interested in what he did prior todeveloping this device to verify the claims made in original manualthat he proved the value of the bullworker by using it to develop hisown body.As a bullworker

fan I hope its true as his physique is/was amazing,however I suspect he may have been a weightlifter/gymnast and got thebulk of his development from those practices.Also any info on Gert today - is he still alive? Any recent pictures?I know about the German site selling exercise equipment but no info onthe man himself there, how come he is no longer involved withbullworker today - did he sell his interests?Any info at all would be appreciated, many thanks __________________________________________________

Guest guest

An interesting question… Gert Kolbels is a very large man, about 6’2” and easily over 200 lbs. He is in his 70’s and still in very good shape; Broad shoulders, straight posture and an iron handshake. He appears very fit and powerful. I have never asked him what he did prior to the Bullworker, but let me pose this question to you… why would it be unusual for an athletic body to devise a fitness piece of equipment? I know many former athletes from their college days who are woefully out of shape… some bordering on rotund. That Gert designed a device that helped build and maintain such a physique, should not be predicated on him being a

former 90 lb weakling (the Atlas story), but rather a strapping young specimen of physical fitness that understood an isometric principle and designed a product around it… and had the proven research to support his product. I do not know if he was an engineer, but his mind seems to design like one. He always has the research to back up his products. To me, he is a testimony of his products… all of them and an inspiration to stay fit. Just a different spin to your question. Eugen Sandow used the same spring compression theories in his dumbbells in the late

1890’s. The first spring loaded exercise bar actually is patented in 1912. It just does not have the cables. The spring-loaded resistance device is actually over 100 years old. Gert just put it all together with the cables and straps. It is my understanding Gert sold the Bullworker in the 1970’s and spent the next 20 years designing and selling fitness products under his own name and company. He did design the X-5 in 1979, but I believe it was as a consultant to the current Bullworker owners. In the

1990’s he formed NewBody and currently is marketing Newbody fitness products. I have had the pleasure of his company twice in the last 5 years and have found him extremely bright and fit for a man in his 70’s. I found him to be a "Gentleman" of the utmost degree. I have spoken to him on the phone recently and he sounded very well and alert. I believe he also made a post on this site several months back. He is a very professional and personable individual whom appears busier than ever in his pursuit of fitness. He also seemed to be an individual who wanted the focus to be on the product... not the inventor. Just my observations. As I cannot speak for him, I do feel he has a soft spot for the Bullworker and what it accomplished, but he has been removed from it since the X-5 and has since designed some very innovative fitness products that are truly unique. However, it would not surprise me if he has one more “new Bullworker” incubating in the back of his mind… I found him that creative. Who knows, maybe he will post here

again… BullworkerUSAfloridalog123 wrote: Does anyone have any background/bio information on the creator of thebullworker? I am specifically interested in what he did prior todeveloping this device to verify the claims made in original manualthat he proved the value of the bullworker by using it to develop hisown body.As a bullworker fan I hope its true as his physique is/was amazing,however I suspect he may have been a weightlifter/gymnast and got thebulk of his development from those practices.Also any info on Gert today - is he still alive? Any recent pictures?I know about the German site selling exercise equipment but no info onthe man himself there, how come he is no longer involved withbullworker today - did he sell his interests?Any info at all would be appreciated, many thanks __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Thanks for the information , please note i do agree with you that

for a fitness device to be proven it does not have to have transformed

a 90lb weakling into the incredible hulk!! In fact I believe if the

bullworker can be shown to have maintained/improved an already

impressive physique such as Herr Kolbels this in itself is a great

claim. What I was really getting at was exactly what was meant by the

claims in the 1980's manual that Herr Kolbel was " first man to prove

the success of it on his own body " this is unusually vague for

promotional literature of the time, perhaps this was because by then

Gert Kolbel was no longer involved with bullworker and they simply did

not have more exact information to publish.

However it would be really interesting to find out what improvements

Herr Kolbel noticed from his own training with the bullworker and also

what training regimes he found most productive, especially now thanks

to your post we know that he has not been directly involved with

bullworker since the 70's - he may have many a new take on training

methods and routines.

By the way I am so jealous of you actually meeting this legend of

fitness in the flesh, when I posted my questions I never dreamed

somebody would post a reply and have first hand information on the man

himself!!!!!

Board moderators can you please let us know if in fact Herr Kolbel did

in fact make a post on this board previously and if so where can we

find it please?

Does anyone have

any background/bio information on the creator of the

> bullworker? I am specifically interested in what he did prior to

> developing this device to verify the claims made in original manual

> that he proved the value of the bullworker by using it to develop his

> own body.

>

> As a bullworker fan I hope its true as his physique is/was amazing,

> however I suspect he may have been a weightlifter/gymnast and got the

> bulk of his development from those practices.

>

> Also any info on Gert today - is he still alive? Any recent pictures?

> I know about the German site selling exercise equipment but no info on

> the man himself there, how come he is no longer involved with

> bullworker today - did he sell his interests?

>

> Any info at all would be appreciated, many thanks

>

>

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Mr. Mark Korda

80 Reverse St.

04102 Portland, Maine

USA

via mark. korda@...

Dear Mr. Korda – or better – „ Hi Mark! "

Here is Bullworker-Inventor Gert F. Kölbel speaking from Wedemark in

Germany! I know all about the bodies of your club members, except

all about good English! Therefore excuse please my inelegant

wording.

It is a very great honour for me, to hear about the existence of a

Bullworker Club in the USA.

I send my best and powerful wishes for all your members! I hope all

the fellows (male and female) in good shape and condition. If not

here and there, make two repetitions more…

Some of you can be proud, to look after personal fitness even in a

time, when the most people didn't know the word " Fitness " . And I

am proud of you all. I wish, one day I could be a honorary member in

your club.

I am 72 this year, but people say, I am looking biological like 45 –

okay, 46! I'll bet you anything that many of your members must have

the same experiences for themselves. When we should be further in

contact, I will send you one near day my photo.

In the meantime I developed further and strange exercisers. Very

compact (like a mobile) and up to the size of an umbrella. One of

these exercisers has his own meaning and is able, to give you

advices for your training. Some of these new designs are just in a

developing phase and your members should be the first people in the

world, to see them before any marketing. Are you interested in?

I foresee a time of very good exchange of ideas for all of us.

Best regards and athletic handshakes

for all the members of the Bullworker Club USA

Your friend and inventor of the Bullworker:

Gert

(Gert F. Kölbel)

P.S.: When anyone want to send a message, please email to

info@...

Later on I will give you also my private address…

>

> Does anyone have any background/bio information on the creator of

the

> bullworker? I am specifically interested in what he did prior to

> developing this device to verify the claims made in original manual

> that he proved the value of the bullworker by using it to develop

his

> own body.

>

> As a bullworker fan I hope its true as his physique is/was amazing,

> however I suspect he may have been a weightlifter/gymnast and got

the

> bulk of his development from those practices.

>

> Also any info on Gert today - is he still alive? Any recent

pictures?

> I know about the German site selling exercise equipment but no info

on

> the man himself there, how come he is no longer involved with

> bullworker today - did he sell his interests?

>

> Any info at all would be appreciated, many thanks

>

Guest guest

Very,very interesting and enlightening. Thanks much,,that was a fast answer. Rich wrote: An interesting question… Gert Kolbels is a very large man, about 6’2” and easily over 200 lbs. He is in his 70’s and still in very good shape; Broad shoulders, straight posture and an iron handshake. He appears very fit and powerful. I have never asked him what he did prior to the

Bullworker, but let me pose this question to you… why would it be unusual for an athletic body to devise a fitness piece of equipment? I know many former athletes from their college days who are woefully out of shape… some bordering on rotund. That Gert designed a device that helped build and maintain such a physique, should not be predicated on him being a former 90 lb weakling (the Atlas story), but rather a strapping young specimen of physical fitness that understood an isometric principle and designed a product around it… and had the proven research to support his product. I do not know if he was an engineer, but his mind seems to design like one. He always has the research to back up his products. To me, he is a testimony of his products… all of them and an inspiration to stay fit. Just a different spin to your question. Eugen Sandow used the same spring compression theories in his dumbbells in the late 1890’s. The first spring loaded exercise bar actually is patented in 1912. It just does not have the cables. The spring-loaded resistance device is actually over 100 years old. Gert just put it all together with the cables and straps. It is my understanding Gert sold the Bullworker in the 1970’s and spent the next 20 years designing and selling fitness products under his own name and company. He did design the X-5 in 1979, but I believe it was as a consultant to the current Bullworker

owners. In the 1990’s he formed NewBody and currently is marketing Newbody fitness products. I have had the pleasure of his company twice in the last 5 years and have found him extremely bright and fit for a man in his 70’s. I found him to be a "Gentleman" of the utmost degree. I have spoken to him on the phone recently and he sounded very well and alert. I believe he also made a post on this site several months back. He is a very professional and personable individual whom appears busier than ever in his pursuit of fitness. He also seemed to be an individual who wanted the focus to be on the product... not the inventor. Just my observations. As I cannot speak for him, I do feel he has a soft spot for the Bullworker and what it accomplished, but he has been removed from it since the X-5 and has since designed some very innovative fitness products that are truly unique. However, it would not surprise me if he has one more “new Bullworker” incubating in the back of his mind… I found him that creative. Who knows, maybe he will post here again… BullworkerUSAfloridalog123 wrote: Does anyone have any background/bio information on the creator of thebullworker? I am specifically interested in what he did prior todeveloping this device to verify the claims made in original manualthat he proved the value of the bullworker by using it to develop hisown body.As a bullworker fan I hope its true as his physique is/was amazing,however I suspect he may have been a weightlifter/gymnast and got thebulk of his development from those practices.Also any info on Gert today - is he still alive? Any recent pictures?I know about the German site selling exercise equipment but no info onthe man himself there, how come he is no longer involved withbullworker today - did he sell his

interests?Any info at all would be appreciated, many thanks __________________________________________________