RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re: not treating

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Treatment with the newer meds like Infergen especially for someone who hasn't treated yes is good with aprox 70% "cure" rate . Treatment side effects can range from flu like symptoms to hemolytic anemia , each person responds differently . Since you are young you should have no problems during treatment . Do you know what your geno type is and what is your viral load ? These are questions for your doc if you don't know them . Also depression shouldn't keep you from treating although your doc may want to up the dose in case you get depressed during treatment . Liver enzymes are good to know but don't always correspond to the damage in your liver , so the best way to tell if you have damage is to get another biopsy done . Jackie was very sick and went through the treatment and is now virus free , I am sure she will come along and tell you her story . Welcome to the group , I am the medical researcher here and one of the co-owners ., If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask that is what this group is for ... take care

Re: not treating

Thanks for all your replies.I really do not know anything about the treatment, but I find myselfbeing pulled towards it. How many people are cured, what sort of sideeffects are there? So many questions, but I don't know where to begin. I have suffered from depression for most of my life, but I amcurrently doing okay, I am on antidepressants though. Does that countme out of treatment? This whole hep c business is really starting to worry me. I have hadit since I was about 15 or 16, I am 29 now, will be 30 April 3nd. I was diagnosed when I was 17, so I have known for a while that I amhep c positive, but I led a pretty wild life, and didn't think much ofit. I gave up alcohol and drugs at the age of 23.My diet has been pretty crap, but I am working on that. My weight isdisgusting, but I will conquer that. I am unfit, but will fix that. I did have a liver biopsy done in 96, not sure of the results, but Iam getting that info, hopefully within the month. I get my LFT results this sunday. My other LFT results the past 3years have been mildly elevated, the AST and ALT parts of it anyway.Everything else was normal. Are there many success stories with treatment? People that have beencured? What about Naomi Judd? I heard she was cured. Any people on theboard that were once very sick, but now better? Would love to hearsome inspiring stories, as lately I feel very worried. Now that Iactually care about myself, I feel like I have been diagnosed with hepc all over again. When I was first diagnosed, I went in denial andtook some more drugs to live life numb. I had a pretty horriblechildhood, and lived on the streets, so I never payed any attention tomy diagnosis at the age of 16. But now that I have been in therapy for 2 years, sober for almost 7years, I want to take charge of my health. I also have a 10 year oldson and would love to be able to be around for him for many manyyears. I am also in university studying psychology, and now see lifeas a good thing.Sorry for the rambling post and so many questions.God Bless :)

Guest guest

Treatment with the newer meds like Infergen especially for someone who hasn't treated yes is good with aprox 70% "cure" rate . Treatment side effects can range from flu like symptoms to hemolytic anemia , each person responds differently . Since you are young you should have no problems during treatment . Do you know what your geno type is and what is your viral load ? These are questions for your doc if you don't know them . Also depression shouldn't keep you from treating although your doc may want to up the dose in case you get depressed during treatment . Liver enzymes are good to know but don't always correspond to the damage in your liver , so the best way to tell if you have damage is to get another biopsy done . Jackie was very sick and went through the treatment and is now virus free , I am sure she will come along and tell you her story . Welcome to the group , I am the medical researcher here and one of the co-owners ., If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask that is what this group is for ... take care

Thanks for all your replies.I really do not know anything about the treatment, but I find myselfbeing pulled towards it. How many people are cured, what sort of sideeffects are there? So many questions, but I don't know where to begin. I have suffered from depression for most of my life, but I amcurrently doing okay, I am on antidepressants though. Does that countme out of treatment? This whole hep c business is really starting to worry me. I have hadit since I was about 15 or 16, I am 29 now, will be 30 April 3nd. I was diagnosed when I was 17, so I have known for a while that I amhep c positive, but I led a pretty wild life, and didn't think much ofit. I gave up alcohol and drugs at the age of 23.My diet has been pretty crap, but I am working on that. My weight isdisgusting, but I will conquer that. I am unfit, but will fix that. I did have a liver biopsy done in 96, not sure of the results, but Iam getting that info, hopefully within the month. I get my LFT results this sunday. My other LFT results the past 3years have been mildly elevated, the AST and ALT parts of it anyway.Everything else was normal. Are there many success stories with treatment? People that have beencured? What about Naomi Judd? I heard she was cured. Any people on theboard that were once very sick, but now better? Would love to hearsome inspiring stories, as lately I feel very worried. Now that Iactually care about myself, I feel like I have been diagnosed with hepc all over again. When I was first diagnosed, I went in denial andtook some more drugs to live life numb. I had a pretty horriblechildhood, and lived on the streets, so I never payed any attention tomy diagnosis at the age of 16. But now that I have been in therapy for 2 years, sober for almost 7years, I want to take charge of my health. I also have a 10 year oldson and would love to be able to be around for him for many manyyears. I am also in university studying psychology, and now see lifeas a good thing.Sorry for the rambling post and so many questions.God Bless :)

Guest guest

Guest guest

There are so many success stories! There

may be more people on these lists that may not have not been successful or are in

the processing of treating since I’m guessing the success stories tend to

move away from the list as they no longer have HCV to think about. Some stay

to encourage others and pass on their experiences and knowledge.

I have been HCV positive for many years –

first got hep B around 1970 so I’ve been around the block a few times. I

am now on my first tx and will be finished in just a few more weeks. After the

first 4 weeks, my HCV tested undetectable! That is a great indicator that I

will achieve success long-term. It’s certainly not a guarantee, but it

was such a positive reinforcement.

And despite other physical medical issues,

I pretty much breezed through the first 4 months of tx. I only hit a brick wall

around the holidays, but I’ve been doing OK and will do my last Pegasys

shot on Feb 22nd………..come hell or high water!

Don’t ask IF there are success

stories…………there are so many, but on these lists, you

may hear more negatives. And don’t misunderstand…….these

support lists are a Godsend and I’d have been lost without the support I

got that kept me going when I wanted to throw in the towel. Just don’t

feel that complaints and some failures are the norm. When you read a positive

report from someone – like me! – let that be one you remember.

You’re so young and you’ve got

a son to raise and enjoy. You’ve made the best first step in asking your

questions so I think you’ll be just fine. You sound like you’ve

been getting your act together and making some really positive changes. Don’t

worry so much! I tend to see the glass as half empty, but when it comes to

this subject, I am really, really positive because I KNOW that so many of us

will beat it!

Interestingly, I recently spoke to an old

friend who had been the Best Man at my wedding in 1973……..had been

out of touch for about 15 years. He told me that he did the tx about 6 or 7 years

ago and has been free of the virus now since then and hasn’t felt better

in his life! Just another success story………..

Dorothy

Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ]

On Behalf Of samanthascott23

Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008

1:05 AM

To:

Hepatitis_C_Central

Subject: Re:

not treating

Thanks for all your replies.

I really do not know anything about the treatment, but I find myself

being pulled towards it. How many people are cured, what sort of side

effects are there? So many questions, but I don't know where to begin.

I have suffered from depression for most of my life, but I am

currently doing okay, I am on antidepressants though. Does that count

me out of treatment?

This whole hep c business is really starting to worry me. I have had

it since I was about 15 or 16, I am 29 now, will be 30 April 3nd.

I was diagnosed when I was 17, so I have known for a while that I am

hep c positive, but I led a pretty wild life, and didn't think much of

it. I gave up alcohol and drugs at the age of 23.

My diet has been pretty crap, but I am working on that. My weight is

disgusting, but I will conquer that. I am unfit, but will fix that.

I did have a liver biopsy done in 96, not sure of the results, but I

am getting that info, hopefully within the month.

I get my LFT results this sunday. My other LFT results the past 3

years have been mildly elevated, the AST and ALT parts of it anyway.

Everything else was normal.

Are there many success stories with treatment? People that have been

cured? What about Naomi Judd? I heard she was cured. Any people on the

board that were once very sick, but now better? Would love to hear

some inspiring stories, as lately I feel very worried. Now that I

actually care about myself, I feel like I have been diagnosed with hep

c all over again. When I was first diagnosed, I went in denial and

took some more drugs to live life numb. I had a pretty horrible

childhood, and lived on the streets, so I never payed any attention to

my diagnosis at the age of 16.

But now that I have been in therapy for 2 years, sober for almost 7

years, I want to take charge of my health. I also have a 10 year old

son and would love to be able to be around for him for many many

years. I am also in university studying psychology, and now see life

as a good thing.

Sorry for the rambling post and so many questions.

God Bless

:)

Guest guest

sam, you pretty much told alot of my story, i didnt care either when i was younger never looked in to just how serious hep c is and didnt have a income, living carefree and drinking and drugs didnt help either, but i to am clean and sober for a number of years, and i do care this is the group that i found and am gratefull for everyday, a month before i started treatment i researched and asked tons and tons of questions,this group helped me with the questions that i needed to ask dr's etc,,,,,,,this friday will be my 5th week wow!!!!!amazing and i have it very easy, just alot of naps and feeling tired, and some low blood labs but thats ok,,,,i am doing the right thing for me for a change, i am taking care of myself amd im definately not taking years off my life by doing this,,,,,,,,joycesamanthascott23 wrote: Thanks for all your replies.I really do not know anything about the treatment, but I find myselfbeing pulled towards it. How many people are cured, what sort of sideeffects are there? So many questions, but I don't know where to begin. I have suffered from depression for most of my life, but I amcurrently doing okay, I am on antidepressants though. Does that countme out of treatment? This whole hep c business is really starting to worry me. I have hadit since I was about 15 or 16, I am 29 now, will be 30 April 3nd. I was diagnosed when I was 17, so I have known for a while that I amhep c positive, but I led a pretty wild life, and

didn't think much ofit. I gave up alcohol and drugs at the age of 23.My diet has been pretty crap, but I am working on that. My weight isdisgusting, but I will conquer that. I am unfit, but will fix that. I did have a liver biopsy done in 96, not sure of the results, but Iam getting that info, hopefully within the month. I get my LFT results this sunday. My other LFT results the past 3years have been mildly elevated, the AST and ALT parts of it anyway.Everything else was normal. Are there many success stories with treatment? People that have beencured? What about Naomi Judd? I heard she was cured. Any people on theboard that were once very sick, but now better? Would love to hearsome inspiring stories, as lately I feel very worried. Now that Iactually care about myself, I feel like I have been diagnosed with hepc all over again. When I was first diagnosed, I went in denial andtook some more drugs to live life

numb. I had a pretty horriblechildhood, and lived on the streets, so I never payed any attention tomy diagnosis at the age of 16. But now that I have been in therapy for 2 years, sober for almost 7years, I want to take charge of my health. I also have a 10 year oldson and would love to be able to be around for him for many manyyears. I am also in university studying psychology, and now see lifeas a good thing.Sorry for the rambling post and so many questions.God Bless :)

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

sam, you pretty much told alot of my story, i didnt care either when i was younger never looked in to just how serious hep c is and didnt have a income, living carefree and drinking and drugs didnt help either, but i to am clean and sober for a number of years, and i do care this is the group that i found and am gratefull for everyday, a month before i started treatment i researched and asked tons and tons of questions,this group helped me with the questions that i needed to ask dr's etc,,,,,,,this friday will be my 5th week wow!!!!!amazing and i have it very easy, just alot of naps and feeling tired, and some low blood labs but thats ok,,,,i am doing the right thing for me for a change, i am taking care of myself amd im definately not taking years off my life by doing this,,,,,,,,joycesamanthascott23 wrote: Thanks for all your replies.I really do not know anything about the treatment, but I find myselfbeing pulled towards it. How many people are cured, what sort of sideeffects are there? So many questions, but I don't know where to begin. I have suffered from depression for most of my life, but I amcurrently doing okay, I am on antidepressants though. Does that countme out of treatment? This whole hep c business is really starting to worry me. I have hadit since I was about 15 or 16, I am 29 now, will be 30 April 3nd. I was diagnosed when I was 17, so I have known for a while that I amhep c positive, but I led a pretty wild life, and

didn't think much ofit. I gave up alcohol and drugs at the age of 23.My diet has been pretty crap, but I am working on that. My weight isdisgusting, but I will conquer that. I am unfit, but will fix that. I did have a liver biopsy done in 96, not sure of the results, but Iam getting that info, hopefully within the month. I get my LFT results this sunday. My other LFT results the past 3years have been mildly elevated, the AST and ALT parts of it anyway.Everything else was normal. Are there many success stories with treatment? People that have beencured? What about Naomi Judd? I heard she was cured. Any people on theboard that were once very sick, but now better? Would love to hearsome inspiring stories, as lately I feel very worried. Now that Iactually care about myself, I feel like I have been diagnosed with hepc all over again. When I was first diagnosed, I went in denial andtook some more drugs to live life

numb. I had a pretty horriblechildhood, and lived on the streets, so I never payed any attention tomy diagnosis at the age of 16. But now that I have been in therapy for 2 years, sober for almost 7years, I want to take charge of my health. I also have a 10 year oldson and would love to be able to be around for him for many manyyears. I am also in university studying psychology, and now see lifeas a good thing.Sorry for the rambling post and so many questions.God Bless :)

Guest guest

Guest guest

, First of all never apologize for asking questions. Hon that is what we are here for. Second of all congrats on your years of sobriety. Third, I have bipolar disorder, maintained by medication. And I treated twice. I did not reach SVR either time. But the treatment actually helped my liver and I am here to tell you I would do it again if I could afforded it (I have no insurance, I use the Indian Health Care System, and they are not keen on treatment because it is so expensive). I have a 12 year old daughter who I adore and I know that I will be around to see her to adulthood. Okay a little advice. People who are overweight sometimes do not do as well as those that are fit. But I reached undetectable and I was as fat as

a water rat. LOLI weight 265 at the end of the last treatment. Because of the fatigue I gained up to 286. Wow that is a lot honey. I have now lost over 86 lbs. If I can do anyone can!!! My weight goal is 145. I am tall and that would be a great weight for me. As far as fitness goes, do anything that makes your heart rate increase. You don't have to join fitness clubs. I walk, I dance (I really look funny when I dance!!!) that is why I close the curtains so the neighbors can't see me. LOLI ride my bike. My neighbors gifted me with a new bike when mine got stolen from the front yard. I do anything that increases my heart rate for at least 30 mins a day. Rake the yard, pull weeds, mow it. I love to mow the yard. Silly huh. Course it is the dead of winter here. So right now I just get out in the yard, and weed

by hand. And prepare my kitchen garden by hand. I am I pro treatment. Yes dear I am. Although I use Alternative stuff to keep my health good. I know that using the current treatments is the only thing that will clear the virus, from my liver. You want some real life survivor stories, they are here. We have many heros of treatment in this group. Jackie is one of them, she is one of the co owners in this group. We have many others Lee, he owns a plant nursery,Oh I could name a lot of names. Many folks leave the group after they have reached their goals of SVR. Some stay. And I hope they speak up to you. By the way, I am Janet one of the co owners here. Feel free to ask me and other questions. Love Janetsamanthascott23 wrote: Thanks for all your replies.I really do not know anything about the treatment, but I find myselfbeing pulled towards it. How many people are cured, what sort of sideeffects are there? So many questions, but I don't know where to begin. I have suffered from depression for most of my life, but I amcurrently doing okay, I am on antidepressants though. Does that countme out of treatment? This whole hep c business is really starting to worry me. I have hadit since I was about 15 or 16, I am 29 now, will be 30 April 3nd. I was diagnosed when I was 17, so I have

known for a while that I amhep c positive, but I led a pretty wild life, and didn't think much ofit. I gave up alcohol and drugs at the age of 23.My diet has been pretty crap, but I am working on that. My weight isdisgusting, but I will conquer that. I am unfit, but will fix that. I did have a liver biopsy done in 96, not sure of the results, but Iam getting that info, hopefully within the month. I get my LFT results this sunday. My other LFT results the past 3years have been mildly elevated, the AST and ALT parts of it anyway.Everything else was normal. Are there many success stories with treatment? People that have beencured? What about Naomi Judd? I heard she was cured. Any people on theboard that were once very sick, but now better? Would love to hearsome inspiring stories, as lately I feel very worried. Now that Iactually care about myself, I feel like I have been diagnosed with hepc all over again. When I

was first diagnosed, I went in denial andtook some more drugs to live life numb. I had a pretty horriblechildhood, and lived on the streets, so I never payed any attention tomy diagnosis at the age of 16. But now that I have been in therapy for 2 years, sober for almost 7years, I want to take charge of my health. I also have a 10 year oldson and would love to be able to be around for him for many manyyears. I am also in university studying psychology, and now see lifeas a good thing.Sorry for the rambling post and so many questions.God Bless :)"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber

Guest guest

, First of all never apologize for asking questions. Hon that is what we are here for. Second of all congrats on your years of sobriety. Third, I have bipolar disorder, maintained by medication. And I treated twice. I did not reach SVR either time. But the treatment actually helped my liver and I am here to tell you I would do it again if I could afforded it (I have no insurance, I use the Indian Health Care System, and they are not keen on treatment because it is so expensive). I have a 12 year old daughter who I adore and I know that I will be around to see her to adulthood. Okay a little advice. People who are overweight sometimes do not do as well as those that are fit. But I reached undetectable and I was as fat as

a water rat. LOLI weight 265 at the end of the last treatment. Because of the fatigue I gained up to 286. Wow that is a lot honey. I have now lost over 86 lbs. If I can do anyone can!!! My weight goal is 145. I am tall and that would be a great weight for me. As far as fitness goes, do anything that makes your heart rate increase. You don't have to join fitness clubs. I walk, I dance (I really look funny when I dance!!!) that is why I close the curtains so the neighbors can't see me. LOLI ride my bike. My neighbors gifted me with a new bike when mine got stolen from the front yard. I do anything that increases my heart rate for at least 30 mins a day. Rake the yard, pull weeds, mow it. I love to mow the yard. Silly huh. Course it is the dead of winter here. So right now I just get out in the yard, and weed

by hand. And prepare my kitchen garden by hand. I am I pro treatment. Yes dear I am. Although I use Alternative stuff to keep my health good. I know that using the current treatments is the only thing that will clear the virus, from my liver. You want some real life survivor stories, they are here. We have many heros of treatment in this group. Jackie is one of them, she is one of the co owners in this group. We have many others Lee, he owns a plant nursery,Oh I could name a lot of names. Many folks leave the group after they have reached their goals of SVR. Some stay. And I hope they speak up to you. By the way, I am Janet one of the co owners here. Feel free to ask me and other questions. Love Janetsamanthascott23 wrote: Thanks for all your replies.I really do not know anything about the treatment, but I find myselfbeing pulled towards it. How many people are cured, what sort of sideeffects are there? So many questions, but I don't know where to begin. I have suffered from depression for most of my life, but I amcurrently doing okay, I am on antidepressants though. Does that countme out of treatment? This whole hep c business is really starting to worry me. I have hadit since I was about 15 or 16, I am 29 now, will be 30 April 3nd. I was diagnosed when I was 17, so I have

known for a while that I amhep c positive, but I led a pretty wild life, and didn't think much ofit. I gave up alcohol and drugs at the age of 23.My diet has been pretty crap, but I am working on that. My weight isdisgusting, but I will conquer that. I am unfit, but will fix that. I did have a liver biopsy done in 96, not sure of the results, but Iam getting that info, hopefully within the month. I get my LFT results this sunday. My other LFT results the past 3years have been mildly elevated, the AST and ALT parts of it anyway.Everything else was normal. Are there many success stories with treatment? People that have beencured? What about Naomi Judd? I heard she was cured. Any people on theboard that were once very sick, but now better? Would love to hearsome inspiring stories, as lately I feel very worried. Now that Iactually care about myself, I feel like I have been diagnosed with hepc all over again. When I

was first diagnosed, I went in denial andtook some more drugs to live life numb. I had a pretty horriblechildhood, and lived on the streets, so I never payed any attention tomy diagnosis at the age of 16. But now that I have been in therapy for 2 years, sober for almost 7years, I want to take charge of my health. I also have a 10 year oldson and would love to be able to be around for him for many manyyears. I am also in university studying psychology, and now see lifeas a good thing.Sorry for the rambling post and so many questions.God Bless :)"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dorothy, Did you know you are my hero???? Thank you for sharing your story. I told that folks would speak up with their stories. And you did. I love you girl. Love JanetDorothy wrote: There

are so many success stories! There may be more people on these lists that may not have not been successful or are in the processing of treating since I’m guessing the success stories tend to move away from the list as they no longer have HCV to think about. Some stay to encourage others and pass on their experiences and knowledge. I have been HCV positive for many years – first got hep B around 1970 so I’ve been around the block a few times. I am now on my first tx and will be finished in just a few more weeks. After the first 4 weeks, my HCV tested undetectable! That is a great indicator that I will achieve success long-term. It’s certainly not a

guarantee, but it was such a positive reinforcement. And despite other physical medical issues, I pretty much breezed through the first 4 months of tx. I only hit a brick wall around the holidays, but I’ve been doing OK and will do my last Pegasys shot on Feb 22nd………..come hell or high water! Don’t ask IF there are success stories…………there are so many, but on these lists, you

may hear more negatives. And don’t misunderstand…….these support lists are a Godsend and I’d have been lost without the support I got that kept me going when I wanted to throw in the towel. Just don’t feel that complaints and some failures are the norm. When you read a positive report from someone – like me! – let that be one you remember. You’re so young and you’ve got a son to raise and enjoy. You’ve made the best first step in asking your questions so I think you’ll be just fine. You sound like you’ve been getting your act together and making some really positive changes. Don’t worry so much! I tend to see the glass as half empty,

but when it comes to this subject, I am really, really positive because I KNOW that so many of us will beat it! Interestingly, I recently spoke to an old friend who had been the Best Man at my wedding in 1973……..had been out of touch for about 15 years. He told me that he did the tx about 6 or 7 years ago and has been free of the virus now since then and hasn’t felt better in his life! Just another success story……….. Dorothy From:

Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of samanthascott23Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 1:05 AMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: not treating Thanks for all your replies.I really do not know anything about the treatment, but I find myselfbeing pulled towards it. How many people are cured, what sort of sideeffects are there? So many questions, but I don't know

where to begin. I have suffered from depression for most of my life, but I amcurrently doing okay, I am on antidepressants though. Does that countme out of treatment? This whole hep c business is really starting to worry me. I have hadit since I was about 15 or 16, I am 29 now, will be 30 April 3nd. I was diagnosed when I was 17, so I have known for a while that I amhep c positive, but I led a pretty wild life, and didn't think much ofit. I gave up alcohol and drugs at the age of 23.My diet has been pretty crap, but I am working on that. My weight isdisgusting, but I will conquer that. I am unfit, but will fix that. I did have a liver biopsy done in 96, not sure of the results, but Iam getting that info, hopefully within the month. I get my LFT results this sunday. My other LFT results the past 3years have been mildly elevated, the AST and ALT parts of it anyway.Everything else was normal. Are there many

success stories with treatment? People that have beencured? What about Naomi Judd? I heard she was cured. Any people on theboard that were once very sick, but now better? Would love to hearsome inspiring stories, as lately I feel very worried. Now that Iactually care about myself, I feel like I have been diagnosed with hepc all over again. When I was first diagnosed, I went in denial andtook some more drugs to live life numb. I had a pretty horriblechildhood, and lived on the streets, so I never payed any attention tomy diagnosis at the age of 16. But now that I have been in therapy for 2 years, sober for almost 7years, I want to take charge of my health. I also have a 10 year oldson and would love to be able to be around for him for many manyyears. I am also in university studying psychology, and now see lifeas a good thing.Sorry for the rambling post and so many questions.God Bless

:) "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber

Guest guest

Dorothy, Did you know you are my hero???? Thank you for sharing your story. I told that folks would speak up with their stories. And you did. I love you girl. Love JanetDorothy wrote: There

are so many success stories! There may be more people on these lists that may not have not been successful or are in the processing of treating since I’m guessing the success stories tend to move away from the list as they no longer have HCV to think about. Some stay to encourage others and pass on their experiences and knowledge. I have been HCV positive for many years – first got hep B around 1970 so I’ve been around the block a few times. I am now on my first tx and will be finished in just a few more weeks. After the first 4 weeks, my HCV tested undetectable! That is a great indicator that I will achieve success long-term. It’s certainly not a

guarantee, but it was such a positive reinforcement. And despite other physical medical issues, I pretty much breezed through the first 4 months of tx. I only hit a brick wall around the holidays, but I’ve been doing OK and will do my last Pegasys shot on Feb 22nd………..come hell or high water! Don’t ask IF there are success stories…………there are so many, but on these lists, you

may hear more negatives. And don’t misunderstand…….these support lists are a Godsend and I’d have been lost without the support I got that kept me going when I wanted to throw in the towel. Just don’t feel that complaints and some failures are the norm. When you read a positive report from someone – like me! – let that be one you remember. You’re so young and you’ve got a son to raise and enjoy. You’ve made the best first step in asking your questions so I think you’ll be just fine. You sound like you’ve been getting your act together and making some really positive changes. Don’t worry so much! I tend to see the glass as half empty,

but when it comes to this subject, I am really, really positive because I KNOW that so many of us will beat it! Interestingly, I recently spoke to an old friend who had been the Best Man at my wedding in 1973……..had been out of touch for about 15 years. He told me that he did the tx about 6 or 7 years ago and has been free of the virus now since then and hasn’t felt better in his life! Just another success story……….. Dorothy From:

Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of samanthascott23Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 1:05 AMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: not treating Thanks for all your replies.I really do not know anything about the treatment, but I find myselfbeing pulled towards it. How many people are cured, what sort of sideeffects are there? So many questions, but I don't know

where to begin. I have suffered from depression for most of my life, but I amcurrently doing okay, I am on antidepressants though. Does that countme out of treatment? This whole hep c business is really starting to worry me. I have hadit since I was about 15 or 16, I am 29 now, will be 30 April 3nd. I was diagnosed when I was 17, so I have known for a while that I amhep c positive, but I led a pretty wild life, and didn't think much ofit. I gave up alcohol and drugs at the age of 23.My diet has been pretty crap, but I am working on that. My weight isdisgusting, but I will conquer that. I am unfit, but will fix that. I did have a liver biopsy done in 96, not sure of the results, but Iam getting that info, hopefully within the month. I get my LFT results this sunday. My other LFT results the past 3years have been mildly elevated, the AST and ALT parts of it anyway.Everything else was normal. Are there many

success stories with treatment? People that have beencured? What about Naomi Judd? I heard she was cured. Any people on theboard that were once very sick, but now better? Would love to hearsome inspiring stories, as lately I feel very worried. Now that Iactually care about myself, I feel like I have been diagnosed with hepc all over again. When I was first diagnosed, I went in denial andtook some more drugs to live life numb. I had a pretty horriblechildhood, and lived on the streets, so I never payed any attention tomy diagnosis at the age of 16. But now that I have been in therapy for 2 years, sober for almost 7years, I want to take charge of my health. I also have a 10 year oldson and would love to be able to be around for him for many manyyears. I am also in university studying psychology, and now see lifeas a good thing.Sorry for the rambling post and so many questions.God Bless

:) "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber

Guest guest

Wow all my heros are standing up and telling their stories. That is why I love this group. You go Joyce. You are a sweety for sharing. Love Janetjoyceann silva wrote: sam, you pretty much told alot of my story, i didnt care either when i was younger never looked in to just how serious hep c is and didnt have a income, living carefree and drinking and drugs didnt help

either, but i to am clean and sober for a number of years, and i do care this is the group that i found and am gratefull for everyday, a month before i started treatment i researched and asked tons and tons of questions,this group helped me with the questions that i needed to ask dr's etc,,,,,,,this friday will be my 5th week wow!!!!!amazing and i have it very easy, just alot of naps and feeling tired, and some low blood labs but thats ok,,,,i am doing the right thing for me for a change, i am taking care of myself amd im definately not taking years off my life by doing this,,,,,,,,joycesamanthascott23 <samanthascott23hotmail> wrote: Thanks for all your replies.I really do not know anything about the treatment, but I find myselfbeing pulled towards it. How many people are cured, what sort of sideeffects are there? So many

questions, but I don't know where to begin. I have suffered from depression for most of my life, but I amcurrently doing okay, I am on antidepressants though. Does that countme out of treatment? This whole hep c business is really starting to worry me. I have hadit since I was about 15 or 16, I am 29 now, will be 30 April 3nd. I was diagnosed when I was 17, so I have known for a while that I amhep c positive, but I led a pretty wild life, and didn't think much ofit. I gave up alcohol and drugs at the age of 23.My diet has been pretty crap, but I am working on that. My weight isdisgusting, but I will conquer that. I am unfit, but will fix that. I did have a liver biopsy done in 96, not sure of the results, but Iam getting that info, hopefully within the month. I get my LFT results this sunday. My other LFT results the past 3years have been mildly elevated, the AST and ALT parts of it anyway.Everything else was

normal. Are there many success stories with treatment? People that have beencured? What about Naomi Judd? I heard she was cured. Any people on theboard that were once very sick, but now better? Would love to hearsome inspiring stories, as lately I feel very worried. Now that Iactually care about myself, I feel like I have been diagnosed with hepc all over again. When I was first diagnosed, I went in denial andtook some more drugs to live life numb. I had a pretty horriblechildhood, and lived on the streets, so I never payed any attention tomy diagnosis at the age of 16. But now that I have been in therapy for 2 years, sober for almost 7years, I want to take charge of my health. I also have a 10 year oldson and would love to be able to be around for him for many manyyears. I am also in university studying psychology, and now see lifeas a good thing.Sorry for the rambling post and so many questions.God

Bless :) Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber

Guest guest

Wow all my heros are standing up and telling their stories. That is why I love this group. You go Joyce. You are a sweety for sharing. Love Janetjoyceann silva wrote: sam, you pretty much told alot of my story, i didnt care either when i was younger never looked in to just how serious hep c is and didnt have a income, living carefree and drinking and drugs didnt help

either, but i to am clean and sober for a number of years, and i do care this is the group that i found and am gratefull for everyday, a month before i started treatment i researched and asked tons and tons of questions,this group helped me with the questions that i needed to ask dr's etc,,,,,,,this friday will be my 5th week wow!!!!!amazing and i have it very easy, just alot of naps and feeling tired, and some low blood labs but thats ok,,,,i am doing the right thing for me for a change, i am taking care of myself amd im definately not taking years off my life by doing this,,,,,,,,joycesamanthascott23 <samanthascott23hotmail> wrote: Thanks for all your replies.I really do not know anything about the treatment, but I find myselfbeing pulled towards it. How many people are cured, what sort of sideeffects are there? So many

questions, but I don't know where to begin. I have suffered from depression for most of my life, but I amcurrently doing okay, I am on antidepressants though. Does that countme out of treatment? This whole hep c business is really starting to worry me. I have hadit since I was about 15 or 16, I am 29 now, will be 30 April 3nd. I was diagnosed when I was 17, so I have known for a while that I amhep c positive, but I led a pretty wild life, and didn't think much ofit. I gave up alcohol and drugs at the age of 23.My diet has been pretty crap, but I am working on that. My weight isdisgusting, but I will conquer that. I am unfit, but will fix that. I did have a liver biopsy done in 96, not sure of the results, but Iam getting that info, hopefully within the month. I get my LFT results this sunday. My other LFT results the past 3years have been mildly elevated, the AST and ALT parts of it anyway.Everything else was

normal. Are there many success stories with treatment? People that have beencured? What about Naomi Judd? I heard she was cured. Any people on theboard that were once very sick, but now better? Would love to hearsome inspiring stories, as lately I feel very worried. Now that Iactually care about myself, I feel like I have been diagnosed with hepc all over again. When I was first diagnosed, I went in denial andtook some more drugs to live life numb. I had a pretty horriblechildhood, and lived on the streets, so I never payed any attention tomy diagnosis at the age of 16. But now that I have been in therapy for 2 years, sober for almost 7years, I want to take charge of my health. I also have a 10 year oldson and would love to be able to be around for him for many manyyears. I am also in university studying psychology, and now see lifeas a good thing.Sorry for the rambling post and so many questions.God

Bless :) Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber

Guest guest

Thanks, Janet, but I’m no hero!!

LOL

Every single person here is a hero in

their own way…..I’ve always said, “Everybody has a story.”

Every single story is important and maybe sometimes, a story will inspire or

encourage someone. I know I’ve been both inspired and encouraged here

and hope I can return those blessings to someone. And maybe in the process, we

can help save a few lives………now, that might be heroic!!

Dorothy

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On

Behalf Of Janet

9:10 AM

To:

Hepatitis_C_Central

Subject: RE:

Dorothy,

Did you know you are my hero????

Thank you for sharing your story. I told that folks would

speak up with their stories. And you did.

I love you girl.

Love

Janet

Guest guest

LOL

Dorothy

Behalf Of Janet

To:

Hepatitis_C_Central

Dorothy,

I love you girl.

Love

Janet

Guest guest

LOL

Dorothy

Behalf Of Janet

To:

Hepatitis_C_Central

Dorothy,

I love you girl.

Love

Janet

Guest guest

i agree, we all come from dif walks of life, and sometimes someone touches someone in a certain way or says something that sparks something, ive gotten something out of everyone janet, dorothy, sam, mike, linda, liz etc and steve, i esp felt like we all came on together on roll call day!!!!!!!! some of us live in ohio, mass, newyork, texas wherever, but we all are in 1 place here together! love joyceDorothy wrote: Thanks, Janet, but I’m no hero!! LOL Every single person here is a hero in their own way…..I’ve always said, “Everybody has a story.” Every single story is important and maybe sometimes, a story will inspire or encourage someone. I know I’ve been both inspired and encouraged here and hope I can return those blessings to someone. And maybe in the process, we can help save a few lives………now, that might be heroic!! Dorothy From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of JanetSent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 9:10 AMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: Re: not treating Dorothy, Did you know you are my hero???? Thank you for sharing your story. I told that folks would speak up with their stories. And you did. I love you girl. Love Janet

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

i agree, we all come from dif walks of life, and sometimes someone touches someone in a certain way or says something that sparks something, ive gotten something out of everyone janet, dorothy, sam, mike, linda, liz etc and steve, i esp felt like we all came on together on roll call day!!!!!!!! some of us live in ohio, mass, newyork, texas wherever, but we all are in 1 place here together! love joyceDorothy wrote: Thanks, Janet, but I’m no hero!! LOL Every single person here is a hero in their own way…..I’ve always said, “Everybody has a story.” Every single story is important and maybe sometimes, a story will inspire or encourage someone. I know I’ve been both inspired and encouraged here and hope I can return those blessings to someone. And maybe in the process, we can help save a few lives………now, that might be heroic!! Dorothy From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of JanetSent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 9:10 AMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: Re: not treating Dorothy, Did you know you are my hero???? Thank you for sharing your story. I told that folks would speak up with their stories. And you did. I love you girl. Love Janet

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

All of yall have great feed back, That really helps me. I'am on 9 shots a week and that is tuff. tThanks for listening. jkost1959 wrote: To treat or not to treat is a personal decision and it is good that you are weighing all opnions and options before making that decision. In my case, I was diagnosed in the early 90's and went on treatment (before riba) and was a non responder. Shortly after that riba was approved and we tried again, again non responder. But walked away thinking that it takes

decades to do any real damage. Now I am in ESLD and on a transplant list (though low), with tumors starting to form.My best friend went through treatment a number of years ago, and is still undetectable. At the same time another friend refused treatment, remained a heavy drinker and passed away last October. They won't treat me at this point.I wish they had the treatment options then that they do now. My story may have turned out very differently.Always remember that life has a funny way of surprising when we least expect it to. One thing that I would strongly suggest that you consider when deciding about treatment.........is a year of not feeling all that great with treatment worth it in the long run if there is a chance that you can clear the virus or wait and see what happens? Another words pro-active or re-active? Judy Thanks for all your replies.> I really do not know anything about the treatment, but I find myself> being pulled towards it. How many people are cured, what sort of side> effects are there? So many questions, but I don't know where to begin. > I have suffered from depression for most of my life, but I am> currently doing okay, I am on antidepressants though. Does that count> me out of treatment? > This whole hep c business is really starting to worry me. I have had> it since I was about 15 or 16, I am 29 now, will be 30 April 3nd. > I was

diagnosed when I was 17, so I have known for a while that I am> hep c positive, but I led a pretty wild life, and didn't think much of> it. I gave up alcohol and drugs at the age of 23.> My diet has been pretty crap, but I am working on that. My weight is> disgusting, but I will conquer that. I am unfit, but will fix that. > I did have a liver biopsy done in 96, not sure of the results, but I> am getting that info, hopefully within the month. > I get my LFT results this sunday. My other LFT results the past 3> years have been mildly elevated, the AST and ALT parts of it anyway.> Everything else was normal. > Are there many success stories with treatment? People that have been> cured? What about Naomi Judd? I heard she was cured. Any people on the> board that were once very sick, but now better? Would love to hear> some inspiring stories, as lately I feel very worried. Now

that I> actually care about myself, I feel like I have been diagnosed with hep> c all over again. When I was first diagnosed, I went in denial and> took some more drugs to live life numb. I had a pretty horrible> childhood, and lived on the streets, so I never payed any attention to> my diagnosis at the age of 16. > But now that I have been in therapy for 2 years, sober for almost 7> years, I want to take charge of my health. I also have a 10 year old> son and would love to be able to be around for him for many many> years. I am also in university studying psychology, and now see life> as a good thing.> Sorry for the rambling post and so many questions.> > God Bless> :)> > > > > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

> > > > > "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"> Frederick Faber>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

All of yall have great feed back, That really helps me. I'am on 9 shots a week and that is tuff. tThanks for listening. jkost1959 wrote: To treat or not to treat is a personal decision and it is good that you are weighing all opnions and options before making that decision. In my case, I was diagnosed in the early 90's and went on treatment (before riba) and was a non responder. Shortly after that riba was approved and we tried again, again non responder. But walked away thinking that it takes

decades to do any real damage. Now I am in ESLD and on a transplant list (though low), with tumors starting to form.My best friend went through treatment a number of years ago, and is still undetectable. At the same time another friend refused treatment, remained a heavy drinker and passed away last October. They won't treat me at this point.I wish they had the treatment options then that they do now. My story may have turned out very differently.Always remember that life has a funny way of surprising when we least expect it to. One thing that I would strongly suggest that you consider when deciding about treatment.........is a year of not feeling all that great with treatment worth it in the long run if there is a chance that you can clear the virus or wait and see what happens? Another words pro-active or re-active? Judy Thanks for all your replies.> I really do not know anything about the treatment, but I find myself> being pulled towards it. How many people are cured, what sort of side> effects are there? So many questions, but I don't know where to begin. > I have suffered from depression for most of my life, but I am> currently doing okay, I am on antidepressants though. Does that count> me out of treatment? > This whole hep c business is really starting to worry me. I have had> it since I was about 15 or 16, I am 29 now, will be 30 April 3nd. > I was

diagnosed when I was 17, so I have known for a while that I am> hep c positive, but I led a pretty wild life, and didn't think much of> it. I gave up alcohol and drugs at the age of 23.> My diet has been pretty crap, but I am working on that. My weight is> disgusting, but I will conquer that. I am unfit, but will fix that. > I did have a liver biopsy done in 96, not sure of the results, but I> am getting that info, hopefully within the month. > I get my LFT results this sunday. My other LFT results the past 3> years have been mildly elevated, the AST and ALT parts of it anyway.> Everything else was normal. > Are there many success stories with treatment? People that have been> cured? What about Naomi Judd? I heard she was cured. Any people on the> board that were once very sick, but now better? Would love to hear> some inspiring stories, as lately I feel very worried. Now

that I> actually care about myself, I feel like I have been diagnosed with hep> c all over again. When I was first diagnosed, I went in denial and> took some more drugs to live life numb. I had a pretty horrible> childhood, and lived on the streets, so I never payed any attention to> my diagnosis at the age of 16. > But now that I have been in therapy for 2 years, sober for almost 7> years, I want to take charge of my health. I also have a 10 year old> son and would love to be able to be around for him for many many> years. I am also in university studying psychology, and now see life> as a good thing.> Sorry for the rambling post and so many questions.> > God Bless> :)> > > > > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

> > > > > "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"> Frederick Faber>

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi judy How sad is your story honey,, one that we've heard before too.. I was diagnosed just prior to Peg-intron coming out with Riba and I feel that had I been diagnosed before that, I would have treated and been unsuccessful and be in a very bad way too... Im just one of the very lucky ones in that I was able to treat successfully and my virus is in remission, altho Im not well.. far from it! hopefully something better will be found sooner rather than later,, jax jkost1959

wrote: To treat or not to treat is a personal decision and it is good that you are weighing all opnions and options before making that decision. In my case, I was diagnosed in the early 90's and went on treatment (before riba) and was a non responder. Shortly after that riba was approved and we tried again, again non responder. But walked away thinking that it takes decades to do any real damage. Now I am in ESLD and on a transplant list (though low), with tumors starting to form.My best friend

went through treatment a number of years ago, and is still undetectable. At the same time another friend refused treatment, remained a heavy drinker and passed away last October. They won't treat me at this point.I wish they had the treatment options then that they do now. My story may have turned out very differently.Always remember that life has a funny way of surprising when we least expect it to. One thing that I would strongly suggest that you consider when deciding about treatment.........is a year of not feeling all that great with treatment worth it in the long run if there is a chance that you can clear the virus or wait and see what happens? Another words pro-active or re-active? Judy Thanks for all your replies.> I really do not know anything about the treatment, but I find myself> being pulled towards it. How many people are cured, what sort of side> effects are there? So many questions, but I don't know where to begin. > I have suffered from depression for most of my life, but I am> currently doing okay, I am on antidepressants though. Does that count> me out of treatment? > This whole hep c business is really starting to worry me. I have had> it since I was about 15 or 16, I am 29 now, will be 30 April 3nd. > I was diagnosed when I was 17, so I have known for a while that I am> hep c positive, but I led a pretty wild life, and didn't think much of> it. I gave up alcohol and drugs at the age of

23.> My diet has been pretty crap, but I am working on that. My weight is> disgusting, but I will conquer that. I am unfit, but will fix that. > I did have a liver biopsy done in 96, not sure of the results, but I> am getting that info, hopefully within the month. > I get my LFT results this sunday. My other LFT results the past 3> years have been mildly elevated, the AST and ALT parts of it anyway.> Everything else was normal. > Are there many success stories with treatment? People that have been> cured? What about Naomi Judd? I heard she was cured. Any people on the> board that were once very sick, but now better? Would love to hear> some inspiring stories, as lately I feel very worried. Now that I> actually care about myself, I feel like I have been diagnosed with hep> c all over again. When I was first diagnosed, I went in denial and> took some more drugs to live

life numb. I had a pretty horrible> childhood, and lived on the streets, so I never payed any attention to> my diagnosis at the age of 16. > But now that I have been in therapy for 2 years, sober for almost 7> years, I want to take charge of my health. I also have a 10 year old> son and would love to be able to be around for him for many many> years. I am also in university studying psychology, and now see life> as a good thing.> Sorry for the rambling post and so many questions.> > God Bless> :)> > > > > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. > > > > > "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"> Frederick

Faber>Jackie

Guest guest

Hi judy How sad is your story honey,, one that we've heard before too.. I was diagnosed just prior to Peg-intron coming out with Riba and I feel that had I been diagnosed before that, I would have treated and been unsuccessful and be in a very bad way too... Im just one of the very lucky ones in that I was able to treat successfully and my virus is in remission, altho Im not well.. far from it! hopefully something better will be found sooner rather than later,, jax jkost1959

wrote: To treat or not to treat is a personal decision and it is good that you are weighing all opnions and options before making that decision. In my case, I was diagnosed in the early 90's and went on treatment (before riba) and was a non responder. Shortly after that riba was approved and we tried again, again non responder. But walked away thinking that it takes decades to do any real damage. Now I am in ESLD and on a transplant list (though low), with tumors starting to form.My best friend

went through treatment a number of years ago, and is still undetectable. At the same time another friend refused treatment, remained a heavy drinker and passed away last October. They won't treat me at this point.I wish they had the treatment options then that they do now. My story may have turned out very differently.Always remember that life has a funny way of surprising when we least expect it to. One thing that I would strongly suggest that you consider when deciding about treatment.........is a year of not feeling all that great with treatment worth it in the long run if there is a chance that you can clear the virus or wait and see what happens? Another words pro-active or re-active? Judy Thanks for all your replies.> I really do not know anything about the treatment, but I find myself> being pulled towards it. How many people are cured, what sort of side> effects are there? So many questions, but I don't know where to begin. > I have suffered from depression for most of my life, but I am> currently doing okay, I am on antidepressants though. Does that count> me out of treatment? > This whole hep c business is really starting to worry me. I have had> it since I was about 15 or 16, I am 29 now, will be 30 April 3nd. > I was diagnosed when I was 17, so I have known for a while that I am> hep c positive, but I led a pretty wild life, and didn't think much of> it. I gave up alcohol and drugs at the age of

23.> My diet has been pretty crap, but I am working on that. My weight is> disgusting, but I will conquer that. I am unfit, but will fix that. > I did have a liver biopsy done in 96, not sure of the results, but I> am getting that info, hopefully within the month. > I get my LFT results this sunday. My other LFT results the past 3> years have been mildly elevated, the AST and ALT parts of it anyway.> Everything else was normal. > Are there many success stories with treatment? People that have been> cured? What about Naomi Judd? I heard she was cured. Any people on the> board that were once very sick, but now better? Would love to hear> some inspiring stories, as lately I feel very worried. Now that I> actually care about myself, I feel like I have been diagnosed with hep> c all over again. When I was first diagnosed, I went in denial and> took some more drugs to live

life numb. I had a pretty horrible> childhood, and lived on the streets, so I never payed any attention to> my diagnosis at the age of 16. > But now that I have been in therapy for 2 years, sober for almost 7> years, I want to take charge of my health. I also have a 10 year old> son and would love to be able to be around for him for many many> years. I am also in university studying psychology, and now see life> as a good thing.> Sorry for the rambling post and so many questions.> > God Bless> :)> > > > > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. > > > > > "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"> Frederick

Faber>Jackie

Guest guest

Faber>Jackie