RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

- Sleep disorders

Rate this topic

Guest guest

AHHHHH.......Total taco kid here too!

Did you see the post (maybe on NADS?) of the little girl who diappeared in the night from her bed only to be found in the morning under the bed folded in half ......happily asleep!!!

nnaMommy to Freddie 6 yrs Full Inclusion KindyThe Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Subject: Re: [DownSyndromeInfoEx change] Sleep disorders

To: DownSyndromeInfoExc hange@yahoogroup s.com

Date: Friday, June 13, 2008, 8:33 AM

My son Reece is 3 yrs old and doesn't sleep through the night. He'll wake up 1 to 2 times a night. Yes, it has gotten old and it's gotten to a point where if he gets up once a night, we call it a good night! It's all relative!!! I read a sleep study recently where they found that children with down syndrome wake more often and spend less time in REM sleep than the average child.

Here's the link:

http://www.aasmnet. org/Articles. aspx?id=903

Judy

[DownSyndromeInfoEx change] Sleep disorders

Hi-

My daughter was just diagnosed with sleep arousal disorder and disorder of the maintenace of sleep. We did a sleep study to rule of apnea. The report says that she only had one apnea and 11 hypopneas but that was normal. I am waiting to talk to the doctor and then I hope I will get more info about what if anything we can do.

My daughter is 4 1/2 and has been waking up everynight and that means that we are waking up too. I am so tired of not getting enough sleep. She has reflux, if she doesnt have bad sleep apnea, then could it be reflux causing her sleep disorders.

Anyone have the same issues?

thank you

Dawn