RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Mixing DMSO - MSM and MMS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Only for your information and to remind you about mixing DMSO, MSM and MMS.----- Forwarded Message ----From: silverfox_science <poast@...> Sent: Sun, January 30, 2011 11:59:58 PMSubject:

[ ] Re: Methylsulfonylmethane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hello Jean-Claude,

It appears that both colloidal silver and DMSO use up some of the chlorine dioxide in solution, but not as much as MSM does.

Starting with 0.88 ml (15 drops) of MMS and activating it with 0.88 ml 10% citric acid, I ended up with 1 liter that had 240 PPM available chlorine dioxide and about 24 PPM of that as free chlorine dioxide.

The first test involved adding 10 ml of colloidal silver to the liter of solution. This dropped the free chlorine dioxide to 20 PPM. So colloidal silver used up around 16% of the free chlorine dioxide.

The next test involved adding 10 ml of 90% DMSO. This time the free chlorine dioxide dropped to 6 PPM. This is a reduction in free chlorine dioxide of around 75%.

What was interesting was that neither solution recovered to its original concentration of free chlorine dioxide over a period of 4 hours. This would suggest that not only was the free chlorine dioxide effected, but also the chlorous acid.

The colloidal silver is home made that comes in at around 15 PPM, then it was concentrated to 30 PPM. This is used for topical applications.

Even though the colloidal silver only had a minor reaction with the chlorous acid, I don't think I would recommend this combination be mixed together. I am not sure what changes happened with the colloidal silver. Since sodium chlorite is in the salt family, it could be similar to adding salt to colloidal silver.

Tom

>

> Hi Tom,

>

> what you have writen below is very interesting. However I would be grateful if

> you eventually have an answer to me about if DMSO and Colloid silver are

> neutralizing the effect of MMS chlorine dioxid like with MSM?

>

> /Jean-Claude

> Hello Humberto,

MSM neutralizes MMS just like an antioxidant does.

Here are some tests that I ran.

The first test used chlorous acid (MMS). In 1 liter of water, I added 1000 mg of MSM and I started with 0.88 ml (15 drops) of MMS activated with 0.88 ml of 10% citric acid. I let the activation continue for 10 minutes before adding this mixture to the MSM solution. In 1 liter of water this produces about 120 PPM available chlorine dioxide with about 24 PPM of that as free chlorine dioxide.

When this was added to the MSM solution, there was no indication of any free chlorine dioxide initially, or after 4 hours of sitting on the counter.

I then mixed up a chlorine dioxide solution of 120 PPM. I put 4 ml of 5% sodium chlorite

in a glass and activated it with 4 ml of 6% hydrochloric acid. I then added this to the 1 liter of water that had 1000 mg MSM dissolved in it.

When I measured the free chlorine dioxide it was 10 PPM. After waiting 4 hours the concentration of chlorine dioxide remained at about 10 PPM, so that would indicate that all of the antioxidant capability of

the MSM could have been used up.

I repeated each of these tests 4 times and the results were consistent each time.

The first test indicates that with acidified sodium chlorite technology (MMS) the addition of MSM reduces the chlorine dioxide from 24 PPM down to 0 PPM, and the remaining chlorous acid solution does not recover to produce measurable chlorine dioxide over a period of 4 hours.

The second test involved chlorine dioxide technology. The initial concentration of 120 PPM chlorine dioxide was reduced to 10 PPM when it came into contact with the MSM. This is about a 92% reduction in chlorine dioxide.

The addition of MSM to MMS does eliminate 92% of the odor and taste, but

it does so by neutralizing the chlorine dioxide in the solution.

Tom