Guest guest

Sue,

I take the antihistamine Benadryl almost every night and I have not

noticed that causing any problems with my LDN. I know that some people

use histamine on their skin for their MS, but I think that when you're

talking about using antihistamines to block allergic responses, it must

be a somewhat different form of histamine that you're dealing with. I

can't say for sure about that, but I can not see any reason why using

antihistamines would be harmful for MS patients.

Vali

Date: Mon May 2, 2005 4:34 pm

Subject: allergys-antihistamine and LDN

Hello, Does anyone know if it is ok to take antihistimne when you

are

taking LDN.

I have read where some people tout Histimine for MS as a immune

system

enhancer, So I am reluctant to take OTC antihistimine for my

allergies,But sure would like to.

LDN has restored my life

Any comments appreceiated,

Sue

Guest guest

Sue, there are no contraindications with an antihistamine and LDN. Kathy

[low dose naltrexone] allergys-antihistamine and LDN

Hello, Does anyone know if it is ok to take antihistimne when you aretaking LDN.I have read where some people tout Histimine for MS as a immune systemenhancer, So I am reluctant to take OTC antihistimine for myallergies,But sure would like to.LDN has restored my lifeAny comments appreceiated,Sue

Guest guest

That's my Opinion, too :)

I was wondering about that when I first heard.... was like, Hey, wait a sec... for allergy I take ANTIhistamine, and when I went for allergy testing, every day there was a Histamine shot used as a control because we're guaranteed to react to it. So why would I want to us histamine when the whole world seems antihistamine.

Apparently there are 3 different types of Histamine. The ones that cause the allergy are one type, the other type is supposedly beneficial. There's also Levels of histamines.... if you are sub par in your histamines, you'd take histamines. If you have too much production of histamines (allergy type), then you take an antihistamine... not to remove all histamines, just knock it down to more normal levels.

Just like LDN... we want it to Orchestrate our immune system, not just take us from one side of the pendulum (too little) to the other (drowning in it).

Balance... it's all about balance.

The way I see LDN is that it simply orchestrates your immune system... any other drugs you put in your body are usually Reactionary drugs, so you will just get the Same reaction that someone "normal and healthy" would get, if they take the same drug.

So if you have MS and are on LDN, and have an allergic reaction to something... you will get a more normal reaction, as if someone who was otherwise healthy, had an allergic reaction. Each of you take benedryl, and because your immune system response is proper, you'll get the same benefit from the benedryl as the healthier allergy sufferer.

JMHO... I could be wrong :) YMMV.

allergys-antihistamine and LDN Hello, Does anyone know if it is ok to take antihistimne when you aretaking LDN.I have read where some people tout Histimine for MS as a immune systemenhancer, So I am reluctant to take OTC antihistimine for myallergies,But sure would like to.LDN has restored my lifeAny comments appreceiated,Sue