RemedySpot.com

Re: sort of giving up until Jan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

I'm sort of in the same boat w/ you only I'm in it w/ food. I find it easy enough to do the exercise since I'm so conditioned to workout first thing in the morning (and, generally, I feel kind of "off" when I don't, unless I'm super sleep deprived), but the food is a struggle. I'm just letting it go until Monday the 5th when life returns to normal. I went to the movies yesterday w/ DD - she wanted popcorn, which I could easily have skipped, but, we only go to the movies a couple of times a year - so I figured "why not" There's plenty of time after this week to get on track and stay there!

Donna

Subject: sort of giving up until JanTo: exercisevideos Date: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 5:46 PM

Ugh. My workouts are totally sabotaged this week (and last week). Partly my own fault (okay, mostly) but I've decided to divest myself of the guilt associated with missing them and am just going to enjoy the extra time with my family and doing other things I want to do. My schedule is soooo totally messed up right now that trying to keep any semblance of a routine seems impossible. If I feel like working out then I will but I'm constantly trying to push myself to work out in the afternoon or evenings and then I don't want to and it takes time away from my family and other things I want to do. I'm working so much lately that too that I'm just feeling constantly rushed and I'm sick of it. The self-imposed pressure to work out isn't helping my mood either. So... Monday the kids go back to school and my routines will start to normalize. Of course, the Friday school was supposed to end for the break turned out to be a snow day so

DD's teacher rescheduled their holiday breakfast party to this coming Monday and I'm already signed up to do it so I will. That means I might not actually start my regular workouts again until next Wednesday (Tuesdays are too insane to even consider getting in a workout). Yeah, I could force myself to get up at 5 in the morning and work out but I know I'm not going to do that too. Okay, being totally realistic as I write this, I've decided my January schedule starts with the week of the 11th. My 42nd birthday is the 12th so that will be a great time to get myself going more regularly again. I should be able to workout the week of the 4th some, just not as much as I'd like. I'll start the rotation that I wrote up on the 11th though and will shift leftover weeks planned for January to February. All will be well. Just wanted to formally announce this for my own sake, so I can totally get rid of the guilt! :-)

If and when I workout over the next two weeks I will post them. In the meantime, I'm sort of working out with the new Wii my dad and stepmother gave us for Christmas!! We're playing bowling as a family as I type this (I keep getting up to take my turn, I was doing great for a while, now it is not going so well, I think I'm curving my wrist). It is more fun than I thought it would be! We don't have the Wii Fit but maybe after DH gets another job (whenever that is, the economy here is absolutely horrible) we'll get that too. Not a big deal to me now though. Maybe I'll use some of my newly released time over the next 2 weeks to plan workouts into the rest of February and further, ala Sara! :-) If I do, you'll all hear about them for sure!