RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

- roundaboutsRe: Borders dealios

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi , actually I was on Maple Road (15 mile) and there are 3 of those evil inventions on that road all near each other! I was driving West on Maple from Orchard Lake road going to a building where I had an interpreting assignment. There was a roundabout not too far from Orchard lake (I don't remember the name of that road) Then another one at Farmington and yet another one at Drake and Farmington road! UGH! I got all turned around going through the stupid roundabout I guess and past the building, so I had to turn around and go through another roundabout and drive back. I finally found it. It was near one of the stupid roundabouts and I missed it cuz I was worried about one of these crazy Michigan drivers hitting me! Anyway, next time I think I will try taking Farmington and turning into the buildings parking lot before THE CIRCLE/INTERSECTION OF HELL! I'm getting dizzy just thinking about the roundabouts! Jen nancydewolf wrote: Let me guess where you were... the mall in Green Oak Township. I think it is the only place in Michigan (or probably anywhere on the planet) with 3 roundabouts all together like that. Horrible isn't it? You were about 10 minutes from my house. I COMPLETELY avoid the roundabouts. One of my friends calls them the circles of death, I think she's right too. (I'm on the same side of 23 as Costco so I can get there by backroads and, if I desperately want to go to that mall, which I don't, I have a way of going through just one of them.) Somehow that configuration won an engineering award. They must have been drunk (both when they designed it and when they handed out that award). For those unfamiliar with

Michigan, we don't do roundabouts. These are a new thing here and most of us hate them. These are particularly evil because there are multiple lanes in each one and they are fairly narrow too. Yuck. I could go on all day about how they spoiled what used to be a very quiet little ramp off the expressway with a single gas station that always had the lowest prices anywhere around and turned into suburban hell with roundabouts but I won't! Borders dealios> > > Oh boy! The person who helped me at Borders was> super nice! I got 3 dvd's for 14.99! > > On

the 3 for 2 deal she gave me the expensive one> free ($20) the other two were 14.99 but I had $15 in> survey money so the total was $14.99 for all 3!> > Under Donna and Kassia's influence I picked up:> > Dance Off the Inches Hip Hop Party w/ > Galardi> > Kundalini Yoga to Detox and Destress w/ Maya Fiennes> > Transform Yourself w/Jivamukti Yoga w/ Life> and Sharon Gannon (this was the $20 one)> > God I'm so broke! Off to Amazon!> > Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile> > > >