RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

- stretches, etc.Tuesday- Rael Pilates System 27

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi!

The chiro hasn't really given me anything to do - he's not good about that (and I have toyed on and off w/ seeing someone else, but his office and office hours are so convenient for me that it is hard to change) - but when I ask him about a specific exercise he'll tell me if it is good for me or not. I have sort of found things by trial and error - mostly anything that lengthens my spine is good, and anything that gets into "unlock" my hips is good. When I work at home I make it a point of getting up after each task I do to walk around, do a house chore, etc. just so I'm not sitting for prolonged periods of time (which is one of the worst thigns for your back!) I also sometimes just lay on the floor and do stretches. It is harder to do that when in the office though. Our floors are really icky so I wouldn't be too quick to lay down on them.

Oh - just as a "mother hen" thing - please, all of you, keep up w/ your flexiblity training. it really is VERY important. I suspect some of my issues were the result of neglecting flexibility training - part of it may be structural (just how I'm made) but I'm sure that stretching more certainly couldn't have hurt and probably would have helped to re-align and adjust my spine. So please keep up the stretching and yoga!!!

Darcy, I have to admit I've been worried about you - you have mentioned having a "tight" back more than once. That is where I started - I don't want you to end up sidelined like me! You're about 10 years younger than me, but time flies fast and tight backs catch up to youso please stretch it out and keep all your joints mobile. Sorry to rant but i don't want to see anyone end up with hip and back issues - it is a pain!!

Take care,

Donna

Subject: Re: Tuesday- Rael Pilates System 27To: exercisevideos Date: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 12:48 PM

Great review, Donna! I'd never heard of Rael Pilates before! Are there stretches that you do daily for your back that the chiro gave you, and of so, what are they?Lumbarly,