RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

/ DH and cardio

Rate this topic

Guest guest

do you have bikes you can ride around your 'hood (or is it snowy there now)? How far away is work? Can he ride his bike to work? A lot of people in PDX ride their bikes to work, rain or shine. In spite of the bike lanes I still get a bit anxious about road rage during rush hour - that's my biggest barrier to riding to work. I used to live literally 10 minutes or less away from downtown by bike, but now I live further out and I'm guessing it would take around 25-35 minutes? There is a big biking community here. ON Friday mornings before work they all hang out at the foot of the Hawthorne bridge and someone brings them free coffee and donuts and they stand around on their bikes and chit-chat before going into the office. There are tons of cycling clubs and rides people do.I also worry about getting my bike stolen. It's so not the latest and greatest or anything, but since I don't have cars I have

sentimental attachments to my bikes! It's like a person to me, silly I know but I would be crushed if someone stole my Blue Marvel! It's my 10 year anniversary where I work in '09 and I get to pick a bike as my anniversary gift if I want, and I'm gonna pick that. I figure I'll have an extra one if someone comes over and wants to bike up Mt. Tabor (right near me) and maybe I can ride the cheap bike to work and not worry if that one gets stolen (It's a $200 bike, mine was $500 thirteen years ago when I bought it, wow time flies! )Anyway, cycling is a fun romantic thing to do on the weekends with someone. Do you think DH would be interested in that for cardio?I know he's slender, so maybe some weight training might be nice for DH, to tone up what he already has?