RemedySpot.com

& YCFE

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This morning was cardio and my plan was to return to my roots with one of the first videos I used, Sansone's Walk the Walk. I haven't done this in a long time. I thought I was just going to do 2 miles for about 30 minutes but silly me, even with reading the box I still seemed to miss that it was 2 SEPARATE workouts, 1 mile and a 2 mile (so, if you do the math, that makes 3 miles for the entire tape). I got it confused, I guess, with some of her other workouts where she tells you that you can stop after the 1 mile mark or keep going for the entire 2 miles. So, if you haven't figured it out yet, I ended up doing both workouts (including cool downs, warm ups and stretches for both) for 45 minutes instead. It was fine though a bit more than I'd planned. The 2 mile is faster than the 1st but both are very beginner-oriented (in the 1 mile she even demonstrates side steps one movement at a time, I wish step instructors would do that more often), which was just right for my recovery week. Doing them reminded me of how successful I felt every time I did these when I first started. 's encouragement meant so much to me then (and still feels good). She's still one of my favorites even when her chatter makes me crazy.

After that I did a hip workout from Yoga Complete for Everybody. This was my first time doing a workout from this video and I LOVED it! I had wanted to do a 15-20 minute routine but on the beginner 30 minutes and under menu there were only 30 minute routines so I did this one. I'm glad I did. I feel a lot less discomfort in my hips, learned how to do leg stretches with the strap the right way (not pulling it with your arms but letting your leg determine where it will be) and the shavasana felt soooooo good. I'm glad they transition the music from the routine's music to the main menu's music when it is over otherwise I might not have gotten up (and would have been late for work because a 75 minute workout was not in my plans today and I was running quick after that)!

I also did my pushups in between the walking and the yoga. Only got 11 or 12 on my toes today. I think the 3 miles tired me out or it is just a wimpy day. Oh well. No big deal.

Tomorrow is a circuit day and I'm going to do either Austin Sizzler or Kathy Fat Burning Workout. Both are virgins to me and I've watched at least parts of both. Neither look too intense and I want to keep things low key but interesting this week and I think either of these will work.

Off to get ready for work part 2.