RemedySpot.com

- THANK YOU

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, this helps tremendously!  Thank you!  I too was under the impression that Tortoise was fewer reps, heavier weights and Hare was more endurance.  Now I know it's the percents that are the differentiators!

Lightbulb's On,

LOL! It took me a while to get it figured out too!

They do both have cardio and weights. The difference is the proportion of weights to cardio in the entire workout. In Tortoise workouts you do weights 75% of the time and cardio 25% of the time. Hare are 25% weights and 75% cardio.

My big confusion was I thought Hare lifted less weight for more reps or a faster tempo because in the 90 Day Rotation (and now, the FIRM Ultimate Compendium), it defines them this way:

Aerobic Weight Training (Cardio + Sculpt)

Tortoise – Slow & Heavy. 75% Weights/25% Aerobic. These workouts include

aerobic intervals and weight training with primary emphasis on total body

sculpting

Hare – Fast & Light. 75% Aerobic/25% Weights. These workouts include aerobic

intervals with weight training with primary emphasis on aerobic intervals.

I think when I did the original Hare and Tortoise workouts back to back it seemed like I was lifting just as heavy, just as many and at the same tempo in Hare as in Tortioise so I was REALLY confused by the " Slow & Heavy " and " Fast & Light " designations. I think the most important thing about the difference is that in Tortoise workouts, the emphasis is on sculpting. About 75% of the workout will be sculpting and 25% of it will be cardio. In Hare workouts, it is the opposite, with about 75% of the workout being cardio and 25% being sculpting.

HTH!

Re: Donna / the low down on Fit Primes

, I STILL don't get the difference between Tortoise and Hare!!!  They both seem to have cardio and weights..