RemedySpot.com

- Day 1 of Bootcamp ramblings about running

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi ,

Great job! Yes, this one is not overly difficult, in fact, I think it was my first FIRM after NOT FIRMing for several months last year. But, something to be said about starting out slow and building up from there. You also need variety of exercise intensity in any rotation so as not to burn out/get injured.

I'm so wishing i were joining you, but I did promise myself I'd make sure my calf was fully healed before I did anything crazy. So far so good.

I'm also now sort of wondering if I should try the Couch to 5K again this year. I don't know. I really want to run and I'd like to run outdoors sometimes, but it is so hard to find the time to get outdoors for a run with my schedule. yes, I work at home on Tues/Thurs so that makes it possible, but I'm also *supposed* to be working and with my job there are lots of last minute things that come up. I can start the day thinking it will be smooth sailing and that I will have time to fit in a run, but then something can come up that would foul up my plans. And, since there is an element of trust in the working at home agreement, I feel I can't just be off doing my thing when people are looking for me.....so...that leaves me w/ the treadmill in the a.m. which is not exactly the greatest substitute. I'll have to mull this over a bit.......maybe I'll go ahead with the Bootcamp rotation and just run whenever I

can.....Or, I can likely do a run outdoors on Saturday or Sunday every week, but that tends to be difficult b/c of family obligations. Or maybe with the longer daylight hours I can do a Thurs evening run. (Tues is swim lessons, so that is out!) Long story short, finding the time to run outdoors is likely to make me stressed, but I also don't want to just run on the TM as I don't think it produces the same results.

Take care!Donna