RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

prayers needed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

,A pastor has authority with regards to teaching at his parish (the parish buildings) but he has to have good cause to prohibit the natural regulation of childbirth respecting natural law explicitly recognized by Popes Pius XI, Pius XII, VI and II. His teaching can be appealed to the bishop.

The bishop has authority over organizations within his diocese that are called " Catholic. " Bishops make mistakes and also receive bad advice.

Although I agree with some of 's advice, I would arrange a meeting with the bishop and take with you a good Catholic physician. may be able to provide you with good material that she has compiled, although One More Soul has more than ample and good material.

Before the meeting, I would write a polite letter asking the director of family life for the reasons for his action. I would be willing to make suggestions to your letter.

We must be fortes in fide (strong in the faith) as St. teaches us. With prayers for you,Fr.

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Kippley <jfkippley@...> wrote:

, Welcome to the club.  You can, of course, exercise your rights and ask for an explanation.  Or appeal to your bishop.  Or ask him for an appointment to discuss the matter. 

But you also might consider yourself lucky.  You were only suspended for a short time.  Letters were not sent by the bishop to every parish telling them not to run your bulletin announcements or make referrals, as has happened.  You have not been forced to send your announcements through a diocesan NFP person who just happens to get them out to the parishes after the course has already started, as has happened. 

Relax and enjoy your children.  Or look at the first reading for July 22nd and apply it to the shepherds of the Church in the West who have treated the teaching of Humane Vitae with benign neglect for some 44 years and are now reaping the harvest of Melinda Gates and her counterparts in Congress and the Cabinet.  My first suggestion was better -- relax and enjoy your children.  And of course, continue to pray for the conversion of our bishops and priests. 

Kippley

Prayers needed

Dear fellow NFP professionals, I am not quite certified yet with Marquette, just waiting on hearing the word from my professors. My pastor has suspended me from teaching and his best friend, the new Executive Director of Marriage, Family & Life, has suspended me from promoting NFP or facilitating groups for the next six months - without much explanation, and no prior counseling. Our diocese is in a transition with new committee for NFP/Marriage, Family & Life. I really need prayers as I struggle to accept this with grace. I am curious, has anyone else ever faced a suspension in any diocese? I am certified with CCL, along with my husband, and through my Marquette training, I have been certified in SDM. I haven't taught anything out of Church teachings, and I feel that I know them well. I try to add some personal witness into my teaching, and I tell my clients that NFP is difficult, it takes commitment and lots of prayer. I guess I'm looking for some support during this time of " trial " . Thank you,

-- Fr. R. Vélez765 14th Ave, Apt 1San Francisco, CA 94118Website: www.newmanbiography.com

Guest guest

,Difficult to comment without knowing more and have no reason to doubt you.  I will include you and your husband in my Mass intentions. The Lord be with you.Fr. Tom Bartolomeo

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 4:42 PM, cindy4lifeoconnor <oconnor1124@...> wrote:

Dear fellow NFP professionals, I am not quite certified yet with Marquette, just waiting on hearing the word from my professors. My pastor has suspended me from teaching and his best friend, the new Executive Director of Marriage, Family & Life, has suspended me from promoting NFP or facilitating groups for the next six months - without much explanation, and no prior counseling. Our diocese is in a transition with new committee for NFP/Marriage, Family & Life. I really need prayers as I struggle to accept this with grace.

I am curious, has anyone else ever faced a suspension in any diocese? I am certified with CCL, along with my husband, and through my Marquette training, I have been certified in SDM. I haven't taught anything out of Church teachings, and I feel that I know them well. I try to add some personal witness into my teaching, and I tell my clients that NFP is difficult, it takes commitment and lots of prayer. I guess I'm looking for some support during this time of " trial " .

Thank you,