RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Neurontin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I take 600mg at bedtime, helps with my sleep, neuropathy and restless leg. I have no side effects from it. It has helped with all 3 conditions. Sandie Neurontin does anyone here take neurontin....or Gabapentin is the generic name ? what mg ?.My doctor has raised my meds by about 1/3 and i think its helping some.Does anyone else take this?.... Reveal your inner athlete and share it with friends on Windows Live. Share now!

Guest guest

I take Neurontin at night and it does not make me groggy in the morning. When I first started taking this med, it made me groggy all day long. After a month or two, that didn't happen any more. It was worth the wait for me.

Pam

Neurontin>>does anyone here take neurontin....or Gabapentin is the generic name ? what>mg ?.My doctor has raised my meds by about 1/3 and i think its helping some>Does anyone else take this?....>>>>Reveal your inner athlete and share it with friends on Windows Live. Share>now!>

Guest guest

I am wondering what dosage does everyone take? dominie From: pmarshall@...Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 16:13:16 -0400Subject: Re: Neurontin

I take Neurontin at night and it does not make me groggy in the morning. When I first started taking this med, it made me groggy all day long. After a month or two, that didn't happen any more. It was worth the wait for me.

Pam

Neurontin>>does anyone here take neurontin....or Gabapentin is the generic name ? what>mg ?.My doctor has raised my meds by about 1/3 and i think its helping some>Does anyone else take this?....>>>>Reveal your inner athlete and share it with friends on Windows Live. Share>now!>

Your PC, mobile phone, and online services work together like never before. See how Windows® fits your life

Guest guest

I take 400 mg 4x daily.

Pam

Your PC, mobile phone, and online services work together like never before. See how Windows® fits your life

Guest guest

, I do not feel any more sluggish in the morning, unless I get less than 5 hours sleep. I take 600mg at night. Sandie -- Neurontin > >does anyone here take neurontin....or Gabapentin is the generic name ? what >mg ?.My doctor has raised my meds by about 1/3 and i think its helping some >Does anyone else take this?.... > > > >Reveal your inner athlete and share it with friends on Windows Live. Share >now! > ------------------------------------

Guest guest

> >Thanks Sue:)

> I checked in my PDR nothing about this so thanks for

> letting me and others know.

>

> Like with elavil causes heart palpitations too is a rare side

effect.

>

> IS this a rare side effect of gabapentin or a regular side effect?

>

> Also what are you doing for pain now?

>

> Heidi

>

>

>

> > --- In dominie ,

> >

> > I took Gabapentin for 5 years. It was a huge help with pain and

and

> > sleep for me. Then I started having word retrieval and memory

> issues

> > beyond my Fibro fog. I did some research and found out that this

is

> > an issue with Gabapentin. I made the decision with my doctor to

> wean

> > myself off. Which was long and very painful. I miss the

> > Gabapentin,the pain has been off the charts ever since. The word

> > retrieval did get gradually better though. I am not willing to

mess

> > with my head and I am working on other options for pain. However

if

> > it does not have that effect on others I think it works really

> really

> > well.

> > Sue

> >

> >

> >

> > e:

> > >

> > > I take 300 mg of Gabapentin 5-6 times a day

> > >

> > > I take one in Am 30 Min after I take my thyroid medication

> > > 1 to 2 in afternoon depending on my pain level

> > > 1 to 2 at night also depending on my pain level.

> > >

> > > Then if I am really aching or in a bid bag ugly flare where you

> > hurt

> > > from your eyelashes down to your toenails where it even hurts

> to

> > sit

> > > down.

> > > I can take one to two extra.

> > >

> > > Myself is prior medical and I know my body so well I can tell

> when

> > > something is up so my Dr. told me I could do this. Yes it

helps

> > me.

> > >

> > > Gentle {{{{Fibro Hugs}}}}

> > >

> > > Heidi

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

--I take the generic form and I take 1200 3 times a day. Bad me

though forgets to take the afternoon one most of the time and then I

regret it.

Leah T.

- In dominie , " Pam Horne " <pmarshall@...> wrote:

>

> I take 400 mg 4x daily.

>

> Pam

>

> Neurontin

> >

> >does anyone here take neurontin....or Gabapentin is the

generic name ? what

> >mg ?.My doctor has raised my meds by about 1/3 and i think

its helping some

> >Does anyone else take this?....

> >

> >

> >

> >Reveal your inner athlete and share it with friends on

Windows Live. Share

> >now!

> >

>

>

>

>

>

> -------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------

> Your PC, mobile phone, and online services work together like

never before. See how Windows® fits your life

>

Guest guest

I have been taking Neurontin for about a year.When i posted to ask everyone else about taking it, I wanted to know their dosage .My doctor raised my dosage, and i think its helping.Neurontin has helped me more than anything.Lyrica only made me gain weight. I have 4 bad disks in my neck, and this is why i have a lot of muscle spasms throughout my body, With Neurontin i definitely have less. Or at least i feel less of them...Thanks everyone for posting back about Neurontin.....dominie From: southernyankee7457@...Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 04:23:58 -0700Subject: Neurontin

If taking Neurontin helps both the sleeping problem and the restless leg problem, this is something I definitely want to try. I take 2 Requip a day to control the RLS but need more. I try NOT to sit or lay down too much, as that increases the RLS. On the other hand, walking and standing cause my feet and knees to hurt more.

I have to keep reading this site to remind myself I'm not having a mental/physical breakdown. I read where some are having trouble with words ... what about having stupid words/sentences that pop out of your mouth that you did not say? For ex: My daughter asked me what I was going to do that day. I responded with, "I have to finish the laundry and then see what the birds are doing." "see what the birds are doing???" I felt like an idiot!

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group

Health

Early Detection

Know the symptoms

of breast cancer.

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Group

to share and learn.

Learn to live

a full life with these

healthy living

groups on

Guest guest

Hey, me too! I almost always forget to take the afternoon dose of Neurontin and about 6:00 I'm suffering for it, but too late to do anything about it. I just took mine. Now go take yours.

Pam

Neurontin> >> >does anyone here take neurontin....or Gabapentin is the generic name ? what> >mg ?.My doctor has raised my meds by about 1/3 and i think its helping some> >Does anyone else take this?....> >> >> >> >Reveal your inner athlete and share it with friends on Windows Live. Share> >now!> >> > > > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------> Your PC, mobile phone, and online services work together like never before. See how Windows® fits your life>

Guest guest

One time when I walked from a building with several other people and we discovered it was raining, I told them: "Don't worry, I have my lawnmower in my purse." My lawnmower. Instead of my umbrella. At least you can see what the birds are doing. But I'd have some trouble getting the lawnmower into my purse.

Pam

Neurontin

If taking Neurontin helps both the sleeping problem and the restless leg problem, this is something I definitely want to try. I take 2 Requip a day to control the RLS but need more. I try NOT to sit or lay down too much, as that increases the RLS. On the other hand, walking and standing cause my feet and knees to hurt more.

I have to keep reading this site to remind myself I'm not having a mental/physical breakdown. I read where some are having trouble with words ... what about having stupid words/sentences that pop out of your mouth that you did not say? For ex: My daughter asked me what I was going to do that day. I responded with, "I have to finish the laundry and then see what the birds are doing." "see what the birds are doing???" I felt like an idiot!

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group

Health

Early Detection

Know the symptoms

of breast cancer.

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Group

to share and learn.

Learn to live

a full life with these

healthy living

groups on

Guest guest

> > >Thanks Sue:)

> > I checked in my PDR nothing about this so thanks

for

> > letting me and others know.

> >

> > Like with elavil causes heart palpitations too is a rare side

> effect.

> >

> > IS this a rare side effect of gabapentin or a regular side effect?

> >

> > Also what are you doing for pain now?

> >

> > Heidi

> >

> >

> >

> > > --- In dominie ,

> > >

> > > I took Gabapentin for 5 years. It was a huge help with pain and

> and

> > > sleep for me. Then I started having word retrieval and memory

> > issues

> > > beyond my Fibro fog. I did some research and found out that

this

> is

> > > an issue with Gabapentin. I made the decision with my doctor to

> > wean

> > > myself off. Which was long and very painful. I miss the

> > > Gabapentin,the pain has been off the charts ever since. The

word

> > > retrieval did get gradually better though. I am not willing to

> mess

> > > with my head and I am working on other options for pain.

However

> if

> > > it does not have that effect on others I think it works really

> > really

> > > well.

> > > Sue

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > e:

> > > >

> > > > I take 300 mg of Gabapentin 5-6 times a day

> > > >

> > > > I take one in Am 30 Min after I take my thyroid medication

> > > > 1 to 2 in afternoon depending on my pain level

> > > > 1 to 2 at night also depending on my pain level.

> > > >

> > > > Then if I am really aching or in a bid bag ugly flare where

you

> > > hurt

> > > > from your eyelashes down to your toenails where it even

hurts

> > to

> > > sit

> > > > down.

> > > > I can take one to two extra.

> > > >

> > > > Myself is prior medical and I know my body so well I can tell

> > when

> > > > something is up so my Dr. told me I could do this. Yes it

> helps

> > > me.

> > > >

> > > > Gentle {{{{Fibro Hugs}}}}

> > > >

> > > > Heidi

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I’ve been on Neurontin for close to 2 ½ years and I have not found that it

causes weight gain.

I did put on some weight; however, it was due to my inability to exercise.

I had been a 6-day-a-week exerciser and when I developed peripheral

neuropathy, I was using a walker. Needless to say, I wasn’t able to

exercise.

I found that Prednisone caused me to gain weight and I think it was mostly

water weight, but it does increase appetite at higher doses.

Of course……your mileage may vary!

_____

Behalf Of

Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 9:45 AM

Subject: [ ] neurontin

Does neurontin cause weight gain? And if so what about it causes weight

gain? Are you waning to eat more or is it just water gain?

Guest guest

Hi - I experienced water weight gain from the Neurontin - only in

the beginning, though and then the fluid accumulation seemed to subside

over time. Hope this helps to answer your question....Doreen :)

>

> Does neurontin cause weight gain? And if so what about it causes

weight gain? Are you waning to eat more or is it just water gain?

>

>

Guest guest

Hi ,

I don't know what about the Neurontin causes weight gain but I do know

that I gained 10-20 lbs when I started it. It has leveled off now thank God.

I take 2700mg a day.

Heidi M

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 9:44 AM, <jaayimee@...> wrote:

> Does neurontin cause weight gain? And if so what about it causes weight

> gain? Are you waning to eat more or is it just water gain?

>

>

> ********************************************************

> http://jaayimeeslife.blogspot.com/

> See my photos @ http://community.webshots.com/user/jaayimee

> __________________________________________________________

> Click here to find a huge selection of computer desks & furniture.

>

>

http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/fc/Ioyw6i4uVR16yhgylZubzR3ibCdFWrzLt\

NbCVuIhgh1RVSJWv7J32n/

>

>

Guest guest

I tried Neurontin also. Bad side effects from neurontin. I made my

legs swell so badly I ended up with lymphadema. I quit taking it and

the swelling went right now.

Susie

>

> From: Pam Horne <pmarshall@...>

> Subject: Re: Lyrica

> dominie

> Date: Friday, November 14, 2008, 8:38 PM

Guest guest

I had the very same reaction from neurontin. Swelling,major water retention,etc...and it also went right away as soon as I stop this med. Take care All! Pam.S

Fibromyalgia Awareness Items!

Please Checkout My Store For

Many Unique Items At= http://www.zazzle.com/pammys*

New Items Created Daily! Shipping Offer Going On

Right Now! Use Code: HOLIDAYSHIPS

Thanks so much!! Pam

Guest guest

Neurontin is much better for me. I gained 25 lbs in two months..Which i don't gain weight with Neurontin, and it controls my mucle spasms, Lyrica didn't...dominie From: southernyankee7457@...Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 16:06:27 -0800Subject: Neurontin

I had no luck whatsoever with Neurontin ... Palm

From: Pam Horne <pmarshall@...>Subject: Re: Lyricadominie Date: Friday, November 14, 2008, 8:38 PM

I take Neurontin and although it's not as good as Lyrica for the pain, it's acceptable. I don't have side effects with Neurontin.

Pam

Lyrica

Hello Everyone!!!I have been wondering if anyone has had any luck with Neurontin? The Lyrica worked well but the weight gain! whew! 10 lbs a month? ANy help would be appreciated!

See how Windows® connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life Click here

Guest guest

hey i am back on neurotin 600 but i need to find out if there is a liquid or gel cap or something to make it easier to swallow iwas on lyrica and i gained weight with lyrica but i have lots almost 25 pounds so far but doc says its the depression

shelly

From: melanie ellis <crazyhouse@...>dominie Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 6:59:25 AMSubject: RE: Neurontin

Neurontin is much better for me. I gained 25 lbs in two months..Which i don't gain weight with Neurontin, and it controls my mucle spasms, Lyrica didn't...

dominie@groups .comFrom: southernyankee7457Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 16:06:27 -0800Subject: Neurontin

I had no luck whatsoever with Neurontin ... Palm

From: Pam Horne <pmarshallnc (DOT) rr.com>Subject: Re: Lyricadominie@groups .comDate: Friday, November 14, 2008, 8:38 PM

I take Neurontin and although it's not as good as Lyrica for the pain, it's acceptable. I don't have side effects with Neurontin.

Pam

Lyrica

Hello Everyone!!!I have been wondering if anyone has had any luck with Neurontin? The Lyrica worked well but the weight gain! whew! 10 lbs a month? ANy help would be appreciated!

See how Windows® connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life Click here

Guest guest

don't know about liquid etc, but do know that it does come in a capsule that could be broken apart. I am on 600 mg and when I am having trouble swallowing, I break in it half. Sandie -- Re: Lyricadominie@groups .comDate: Friday, November 14, 2008, 8:38 PM I take Neurontin and although it's not as good as Lyrica for the pain, it's acceptable. I don't have side effects with Neurontin. Pam Lyrica Hello Everyone!!!I have been wondering if anyone has had any luck with Neurontin? The Lyrica worked well but the weight gain! whew! 10 lbs a month? ANy help would be appreciated! See how Windows® connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life Click here Easy_Incredimail_With_Judy/

Guest guest

i do that and i still gag i am going to ask the doc

shelly

From: memommy1947 <MEMOMMY1947@...>dominie Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:49:36 AMSubject: Re: Neurontin

don't know about liquid etc, but do know that it does come in a capsule that could be broken apart.

I am on 600 mg and when I am having trouble swallowing, I break in it half.

Sandie

-- Re: Lyricadominie@groups .comDate: Friday, November 14, 2008, 8:38 PM

Pam

Lyrica

http://groups. / group/Easy_ Incredimail_ With_Judy/

Guest guest

When i took Lyrica it my part...with insurance was $66.oo. I take Gabapentin, which is generic Neurontin , And it is $ 5.oo at local drug store . For me the Gabapentin works so much better....dominie From: davidbrecker@...Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 10:57:34 -0800Subject: Re: Neurontin

i do that and i still gag i am going to ask the doc

shelly

From: memommy1947 <MEMOMMY1947@...>dominie Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:49:36 AMSubject: Re: Neurontin

don't know about liquid etc, but do know that it does come in a capsule that could be broken apart.

I am on 600 mg and when I am having trouble swallowing, I break in it half.

Sandie

-- Re: Lyricadominie@groups .comDate: Friday, November 14, 2008, 8:38 PM

Pam

Lyrica

http://groups. / group/Easy_ Incredimail_ With_Judy/Color coding for safety: Windows Live Hotmail alerts you to suspicious email. Sign up today.

Guest guest

I took Neurontin for awhile. It didn't give me any relief.

Caren

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of DutcherSent: Monday, December 01, 2008 5:38 PM Subject: [ ] Neurontin

Anyone taking Neurontin for pain relief?If so - how is it working for you?Side effects?Thanks for any info you can give.SF Bay Area

Guest guest

I took it at differing times for nerve pain during my surgical recoveries. It helped me quite a bit. It can affect ones mood, so be aware of that. I had trouble with memory with it, and that is why I went off it, besides I went on to have more surgery and I didn't need it anymore. I had trouble with words being on the tip of my tongue, and I couldn't find them. When reading up on it it says you should have a medical alert braclet while on it, as it's used for seizures besides nerve pain, and medical people should be kept aware you are on this med. My Mom has used it for years for neuropathy pain from Diabetes, and it helped her a great deal. As with any med, when I'm prescribed something, I go home and read, read, read, ask questions of my doc and the pharmacy staff. Just because one or two of us have a unpleasant side affect doesn't mean you will, but you should be aware that sideaffects do happen, but might not for you, and the drug will give you great results. If it gives you relief, and minimal sideaffects, it may be worth it to you. Might be good to write down any changes you have to discuss with your doc, if you have any. You might also go to the site, to messages, and in the search box type in "Neurontin" as we have had many conversations through the years on this drug. I hope you find relief with it.

Colorado Springs

[ ] Neurontin

Anyone taking Neurontin for pain relief?If so - how is it working for you?Side effects?Thanks for any info you can give.SF Bay Area

Guest guest

I was prescribed Neurontin for nerve pain. I have a hyper-sensitivity to some drugs and that turned out to be one that didn't agree with me. I felt extremely "loopy" and scatter brained. So much to the point that I was afraid I might do something like "break wind" or snort & snicker in public without giving it a second thought. I drove like someone intoxicated. The prescribing doctor said that all of that would level out but I just couldn't function so I quit taking it. I don't recall it helping the nerve pain in my leg, but I only took it for about a week - and when the doctor wanted to increase the dosage I just couldn't imagine what state of mind I'd get in...but that is just my experience. I know one person who took it and didn't have those type of side effects and got a lot of nerve pain relief. I don't know anyone who has taken it for a long time though, it was prescribed to her for nerve pain relief prior to surgery by her neurosurgeon for a herniated disc (non scoli or flatback related) and the surgery was sucessful, and once healed there was no need for it (about 3 months of taking it).

G

[ ] Neurontin

Guest guest

I went back and read the posts in the archives about Neurontin. The

side effects are not encouraging. However, we all react differently

to the drugs we take.

It really comes down to " the devil you know " doesn't it?

If you hurt, you don't want to hurt, BUT you still want quality. At

least we live in a time where we all have options.

Thanks for the info.

SF Bay Area