RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Movies are boring

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The last 3 times I have watched movies I have wanted to just leave. This evening as to get away from the house as that is the least I am trying to do to improve. I went and saw a movie called the hills have eyes. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10006072-hills_have_eyes/ This was the most disgusting and despicable movie I have ever seen. I wanted to leave, it was just guts and people dieing and mutants killing. Yet the movie is about nuke tests and the

effects, really things governments do that effect environment and people. Still the move was disgusting, I would not suggest it to anyone. Movies seem to be about similar things ultimately, there need be more inspiring not duranged. Yet it is just a flicker screen. Now it's just better!AspergersHosting.com

Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.

Guest guest

The Hills Have Eyes is yet another Hollywood remake. The original came out in 1977, though I have never seen it, even when I was in my horror movie phase in high school. I'm sure like most recent Hollywood remakes, it will be pure trash and too foul to even be sent to a landfill. I'm loathe to even think about the Pink Panther remake that's coming out soon. It's got to be so PC it won't be funny: Kato isn't even Asian in it, I guess that would have been racist in some way.

Most movies I have seen lately haven't been worth it either. The last movie that I saw that actually was worth something was Gladiator, well that an Blackhawk Down. There might be one or two others, but not many given the some 600 films per year made in the US alone. I rented Doom the other day and it was dreadful. The premise in the game is that a jump gate opened a portal to hell and demons came through. In the movie, the Martians had genetically altered themselves, some becoming superbeings and others monsters. I guess mentioning Hell in other than a curse is too close to religion.

I agree though, most movies these days stink, which is why I rent rather than waste money over twice that on a theatre ticket to sit a big room full of rude and noisy people.

Guest guest

I find in exception for educational items, such as intellectual thought stimulations, the T.V boring as well. If the U.S is going to compete with the world in the years to come, society needs to implore more so educationally rather then violence and sexual provocations. When I went to the theatre I figured that dispite my complaint to myself of the expense that instead I was supporting the local economy. Especially consideringa hot dog and a soda it was $6.geekers-crowVISIGOTH@... wrote: The Hills Have Eyes is yet another Hollywood remake. The original came out in 1977, though I have never seen it, even

when I was in my horror movie phase in high school. I'm sure like most recent Hollywood remakes, it will be pure trash and too foul to even be sent to a landfill. I'm loathe to even think about the Pink Panther remake that's coming out soon. It's got to be so PC it won't be funny: Kato isn't even Asian in it, I guess that would have been racist in some way. Most movies I have seen lately haven't been worth it either. The last movie that I saw that actually was worth something was Gladiator, well that an Blackhawk Down. There might be one or two others, but not many given the some 600 films per year made in the US alone. I rented Doom the other day and it was dreadful. The premise in the game is that a jump gate opened a portal to hell and demons came through. In the movie, the Martians had genetically altered themselves, some becoming superbeings and others monsters. I guess mentioning Hell in other than a curse is too close to religion.

I agree though, most movies these days stink, which is why I rent rather than waste money over twice that on a theatre ticket to sit a big room full of rude and noisy people. Aspie Owned, Aspie Operated.AspergersHosting.comA.S.W.C Autism Advocacy & Exchangehttp://www.simplecomplexities.org/ASWC

Brings words and photos together (easily) with PhotoMail - it's free and works with .

Guest guest

Just a few miles from where I live there's a 50 cent theatre and it plays movies recently taken off the main theatres. The latest one was Sahara and it was fun to watch. I think Clive Cussler or someone else wrote Sahara. Anyway, it was fun. Then, my Aunt rented it at the house. That's when I was living with 4 women. Needless to say, someone was talking or making noise on their cellphone or taking a cigarette break every minute of the movie until the end. After the movie was finished they said it wasn't very good. I don't have to go to a theatre now because they don't live with me anymore. Two days ago I went out and bought "The Shining" poster from Vintage Stock. It's the one with Jack Nicholson and Duvall and it's the part where he's saying: "Here's ny" :On the other side of the picture is 's horrified face and the axe busting the door open is in the middle. Someone told me he improvised that part. Gladiator was decent. If you liked that movie you may like

Cinderella Man starring Crowe and Zelwegger. VISIGOTH@... wrote: The Hills Have Eyes is yet another Hollywood remake. The original came out in 1977, though I have never seen it, even when I was in my horror movie phase in high school. I'm sure like most recent Hollywood remakes, it will be pure trash and too foul to even be sent to a landfill. I'm loathe to even think about the Pink Panther remake that's coming out soon. It's got to be so PC it won't be funny: Kato isn't even Asian in it, I guess that would have been racist in some way. Most movies I have seen lately haven't been worth it either. The last movie that I saw that actually was worth something was Gladiator, well that an Blackhawk

Down. There might be one or two others, but not many given the some 600 films per year made in the US alone. I rented Doom the other day and it was dreadful. The premise in the game is that a jump gate opened a portal to hell and demons came through. In the movie, the Martians had genetically altered themselves, some becoming superbeings and others monsters. I guess mentioning Hell in other than a curse is too close to religion. I agree though, most movies these days stink, which is why I rent rather than waste money over twice that on a theatre ticket to sit a big room full of rude and noisy people.

Travel Find great deals to the top 10 hottest destinations!

Guest guest

May have mentioned these earlier but here are some non-boring films

I've seen in the last few years:

" Luther " with ph Fiennes as a surprisingly convincing Luther.

" Bicentennial man " with Robin . If anyone hasn't seen it yet,

I warmly recommend it. It's just too cute.

" I, Robot " with Will was also good (though I wish they would

have cooled it a bit with the computer animations).

" The red violin " is an odd film from the 90's, following a violin

over centuries up until contemporary time, with an interesting twist

at the end.

" Q " with Denzel Washington.

" The last castle " unusual prison film with Redford.

That's all I can think if off the top of my head.

Most films don't leave enough of an impression for me to remember

them at all.

And I prefer to see them at home so that I can turn off if they are

too boring or disgusting.

Inger

Guest guest

" " Bicentennial man " with Robin . If anyone hasn't seen it

yet, I warmly recommend it. It's just too cute. "

That film had both my son and I in tears. The dancing female robot

was funny though.

" " I, Robot " with Will was also good (though I wish they would

have cooled it a bit with the computer animations). "

I was surprised at how much I liked 'I Robot' :-)

Watched a run of videos/DVD's recently 'Corpse Bride' - reminded me

very much of 'Nightmare Before Christmas' and in my

opinion 'Nightmare Before Christmas' was better. 'Nanny McPhebe(sp?)'

was okay-ish; but 'Were Rabbit' with 'Wallance and Grommit' had both

my son and I in fits of laughter :-) My mum said she'd get 'Were

Rabbit' for my son for Easter.

>

> May have mentioned these earlier but here are some non-boring films

> I've seen in the last few years:

>

> " Luther " with ph Fiennes as a surprisingly convincing Luther.

>

> " Bicentennial man " with Robin . If anyone hasn't seen it

yet,

> I warmly recommend it. It's just too cute.

>

> " I, Robot " with Will was also good (though I wish they would

> have cooled it a bit with the computer animations).

>

> " The red violin " is an odd film from the 90's, following a violin

> over centuries up until contemporary time, with an interesting

twist

> at the end.

>

> " Q " with Denzel Washington.

>

> " The last castle " unusual prison film with Redford.

>

> That's all I can think if off the top of my head.

>

> Most films don't leave enough of an impression for me to remember

> them at all.

>

> And I prefer to see them at home so that I can turn off if they are

> too boring or disgusting.

>

> Inger

>

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/14/2006 9:48:11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, ender@... writes:

For what it's worth... I saw about 5-10 minutes of the original "The Hills Have Eyes," I happened on it in progress on cable many years ago... It was so gross I turned it off... I like a lot of horror movies... "Nightmare on Elm Street," "Hellriser," "... Living Dead...," etc... They can be "clever," How many interesting ways can you slice and dice teenagers in ironic ways, I consider them funny in a sort of dark way...But "Hills..." was just a bunch of sicko freaks hacking people up without any reason or finesse... I agree most of the current "remakes" don't live the originals. And few recent movies are worth the time to watch...Ender

The first few Nightmare on Elm Street movies were ok, the first being the best. After that they turned into a joke, like the Friday the 13th series. Hellraiser is much the same. The first movie was good but went downhill fast. I noticed a few days ago that I think it was the Sci-fi Channel was running a Hellraiser marathon and they are still making movies in that series, several of them since 2000. Just reading the promo was enough to convince me not to waste my time though. Again, night of the living dead was the same. The first movie was good, but the rest got worse and worse. There was a recent remake that had the people trapped in a shopping mall and that one wasn't bad though it had a darker ending.

The Hills Have Eyes sounds a lot like Motel Hell. That was a movie about this out of the way hotel run by a family of cannibalistic psychos who turned their guests into their award winning chili. It was more of a gorefest than anything clever. Even the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre was better than that.

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/14/2006 9:48:11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, ender@... writes:

For what it's worth... I saw about 5-10 minutes of the original "The Hills Have Eyes," I happened on it in progress on cable many years ago... It was so gross I turned it off... I like a lot of horror movies... "Nightmare on Elm Street," "Hellriser," "... Living Dead...," etc... They can be "clever," How many interesting ways can you slice and dice teenagers in ironic ways, I consider them funny in a sort of dark way...But "Hills..." was just a bunch of sicko freaks hacking people up without any reason or finesse... I agree most of the current "remakes" don't live the originals. And few recent movies are worth the time to watch...Ender

The first few Nightmare on Elm Street movies were ok, the first being the best. After that they turned into a joke, like the Friday the 13th series. Hellraiser is much the same. The first movie was good but went downhill fast. I noticed a few days ago that I think it was the Sci-fi Channel was running a Hellraiser marathon and they are still making movies in that series, several of them since 2000. Just reading the promo was enough to convince me not to waste my time though. Again, night of the living dead was the same. The first movie was good, but the rest got worse and worse. There was a recent remake that had the people trapped in a shopping mall and that one wasn't bad though it had a darker ending.

The Hills Have Eyes sounds a lot like Motel Hell. That was a movie about this out of the way hotel run by a family of cannibalistic psychos who turned their guests into their award winning chili. It was more of a gorefest than anything clever. Even the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre was better than that.

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/14/2006 10:26:40 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, no_reply writes:

Was the fall of true artistry what brought the empire down? Perhaps. But I think it just as likely that the artistry reflected the fall of the empire, much the way movies and art today reflect a lesser importance on art and a greater insistence on punching the clock in and out in order to cater to the mob.TomAdministrator

I think it is more of a symptom than a cause. The people were just running out of ideas and also becoming jaded. I think this is why we are seeing so much blood, violence and sex in the movies: they are basic things that get most people fired up and it doesn't take a lot of creativity to make up such things. Detailed plots and character development takes work and planning. A lot of writers don't seem willing to put forth the effort, which explains all the rewrites with more sex and violence added in.

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/14/2006 10:26:40 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, no_reply writes:

Was the fall of true artistry what brought the empire down? Perhaps. But I think it just as likely that the artistry reflected the fall of the empire, much the way movies and art today reflect a lesser importance on art and a greater insistence on punching the clock in and out in order to cater to the mob.TomAdministrator

I think it is more of a symptom than a cause. The people were just running out of ideas and also becoming jaded. I think this is why we are seeing so much blood, violence and sex in the movies: they are basic things that get most people fired up and it doesn't take a lot of creativity to make up such things. Detailed plots and character development takes work and planning. A lot of writers don't seem willing to put forth the effort, which explains all the rewrites with more sex and violence added in.

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/14/2006 12:42:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, no_reply writes:

Here is the bewildering thing about today's movies: People LIKE the sex and swearing. I don't. But most people do. Yours truly is always the one in a crowd who is called a prude because I think they needlessly show more body than necessary sometimes. Or I am called a "saint" because I don't like to see God's name taken in vain. Or I am called "innocent" because I don't like to hear the F-word.It's funny though. You go through the Bible Belt and seldom is heard a discouraging word. Lots of pleases and thank you sir's and yes ma'am's. No sh*t, f*ck, G*d damn it, etc. And no strip clubs either.Also, there seem to be churches every other block.Could there be a correlation here?I think maybe the only reason I keep hearing that religion is dead is because I live near a big city where so many people have congregated to kill it.TomAdministrator

You could have a point there Tom. Cities have always had the reputation of being "hives of scum and villainy." Even in Biblical times cities were terrible places of vice and violence. The first written legal code (known that is) wasn't written until the reign of Hammurabi who found his cities to be so wretched that they needed draconian laws to keep order.

A friend of mine who was at the time in the US Special Forces was sent to Africa many times. He said that the villages and small towns almost always had their acts together, were clean and the people polite and friendly. The cities on the other hand, were dirty, streets full of trash and human waste and the people unfriendly and more likely to rob you than say hello.

I think a lot of it also has to do with that in a small town, everyone knows everyone else by at most one or two degrees of separation. This has the effect of keeping people a bit more sedate because their business will be known by all in a short time. Cities on the other hand, people often don't even know who is living right next door to them. People come and go all the time and anonymity is easy. Also, there are people more willing to cater to all the various vices, taking advantage of that anonymity for themselves and their clients.

Research also shows that the more people you cram into an area, the more problems you will have. Add in poverty, drugs and little or no ethics, and you have a real mess on your hands. This area of town, until recently, has been very calm where the other side of town is dangerous. I fear that the steady creep of the other side and the flight of the middle class, is causing it to spread ever more in this direction. Unfortunately, the law also bends over backwards to protect the bad people and victimize the good.

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/14/2006 12:42:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, no_reply writes:

Here is the bewildering thing about today's movies: People LIKE the sex and swearing. I don't. But most people do. Yours truly is always the one in a crowd who is called a prude because I think they needlessly show more body than necessary sometimes. Or I am called a "saint" because I don't like to see God's name taken in vain. Or I am called "innocent" because I don't like to hear the F-word.It's funny though. You go through the Bible Belt and seldom is heard a discouraging word. Lots of pleases and thank you sir's and yes ma'am's. No sh*t, f*ck, G*d damn it, etc. And no strip clubs either.Also, there seem to be churches every other block.Could there be a correlation here?I think maybe the only reason I keep hearing that religion is dead is because I live near a big city where so many people have congregated to kill it.TomAdministrator

You could have a point there Tom. Cities have always had the reputation of being "hives of scum and villainy." Even in Biblical times cities were terrible places of vice and violence. The first written legal code (known that is) wasn't written until the reign of Hammurabi who found his cities to be so wretched that they needed draconian laws to keep order.

A friend of mine who was at the time in the US Special Forces was sent to Africa many times. He said that the villages and small towns almost always had their acts together, were clean and the people polite and friendly. The cities on the other hand, were dirty, streets full of trash and human waste and the people unfriendly and more likely to rob you than say hello.

I think a lot of it also has to do with that in a small town, everyone knows everyone else by at most one or two degrees of separation. This has the effect of keeping people a bit more sedate because their business will be known by all in a short time. Cities on the other hand, people often don't even know who is living right next door to them. People come and go all the time and anonymity is easy. Also, there are people more willing to cater to all the various vices, taking advantage of that anonymity for themselves and their clients.

Research also shows that the more people you cram into an area, the more problems you will have. Add in poverty, drugs and little or no ethics, and you have a real mess on your hands. This area of town, until recently, has been very calm where the other side of town is dangerous. I fear that the steady creep of the other side and the flight of the middle class, is causing it to spread ever more in this direction. Unfortunately, the law also bends over backwards to protect the bad people and victimize the good.

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/14/2006 12:50:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, kbtoni@... writes:

I haven't see either of those, I do like horror movies(some). I could never understand why so many people complained about the violence in The Passion of The Christ(maybe because it looked so real and made people uncomfortable) but you can blow 12 peoples heads off and noone complains

A very good point. Also the way people complained about Gladiator being violent. Well, what did they think Gladiators did, play Patty Cake or hop scotch? Same about the WWII movies. Those people needed to get real. The movies were about war. War is nasty and brutal and those movies portrayed it well, even if the landing scene in Saving Private was watered down for the final cut. But, I'm willing to bet that those same people will go and watch a horror movie and a gangster shoot-'em-up like the Four Brothers, and think its the best movie ever.

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/14/2006 12:50:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, kbtoni@... writes:

I haven't see either of those, I do like horror movies(some). I could never understand why so many people complained about the violence in The Passion of The Christ(maybe because it looked so real and made people uncomfortable) but you can blow 12 peoples heads off and noone complains

A very good point. Also the way people complained about Gladiator being violent. Well, what did they think Gladiators did, play Patty Cake or hop scotch? Same about the WWII movies. Those people needed to get real. The movies were about war. War is nasty and brutal and those movies portrayed it well, even if the landing scene in Saving Private was watered down for the final cut. But, I'm willing to bet that those same people will go and watch a horror movie and a gangster shoot-'em-up like the Four Brothers, and think its the best movie ever.

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/14/2006 1:09:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, mikecarrie01@... writes:

It's true about there being not much swearing in the south. When I hear it now I'm shocked. But I don't think a blanket statement can be made because while swearing is a point with them, something else is not. Like I've noticed often that swearing is a no-no but dirty jokes are okay. There's also the problem of many being outwardly polite but talking about you behind your back. Often I long for someone to speak honestly and outrightly with me. And I had to learn that offers of hospitality weren't really meant, they were just said to sound nice. Also, more churches mean more chances of hypocritical or self-righteous behavior. I don't know if there's less strip clubs here but they definitely are here. NOTE: I'm not cutting down southerners, just being real. Northerners and Southerners both have their (different) good and bad points, in the end just people.

Strip clubs are around, but most are in the cities. There are also more regulations on them than in many places regarding just how far the stripper can strip and such. The vices are still around, though again mainly in the bigger cities or the lower class sections of other towns, they just aren't as overt.

Cussing is also more relegated to the lower classes. Exceptions would be pain or great anger, but even then it is best to avoid it. Gossip goes on just like anywhere else. I would rather the feigned politeness than the overt rudeness that I encountered on my trips north. In Pennsylvania and New York there seemed to be as many rude people as polite ones in the South. The Midwest was more like the South in that people were generally more polite or at least didn't glare at you just for walking by.

But in general, cussing is viewed roughly the same as piercings and tattoos: the more there is, the lower one's class.

Guest guest

For what it's worth... I saw about 5-10 minutes of the original " The

Hills Have Eyes, " I happened on it in progress on cable many years

ago... It was so gross I turned it off... I like a lot of horror

movies... " Nightmare on Elm Street, " " Hellriser, "

" ... Living Dead..., " etc... They can be

" clever, " How many interesting ways can you slice and dice

teenagers in ironic ways, I consider them funny in a sort of dark

way...

But " Hills... " was just a bunch of sicko freaks hacking people

up without any reason or finesse...

I agree most of the current " remakes " don't live the

originals. And few recent movies are worth the time to

watch...

Ender

At 08:28 PM 3/13/2006, you wrote:

The Hills Have Eyes is yet another

Hollywood remake. The original came out in 1977, though I have never seen

it, even when I was in my horror movie phase in high school. I'm sure

like most recent Hollywood remakes, it will be pure trash and too foul to

even be sent to a landfill. I'm loathe to even think about the Pink

Panther remake that's coming out soon. It's got to be so PC it won't be

funny: Kato isn't even Asian in it, I guess that would have been racist

in some way.

Most movies I have seen lately haven't been worth it either. The last

movie that I saw that actually was worth something was Gladiator, well

that an Blackhawk Down. There might be one or two others, but not many

given the some 600 films per year made in the US alone. I rented Doom the

other day and it was dreadful. The premise in the game is that a jump

gate opened a portal to hell and demons came through. In the movie, the

Martians had genetically altered themselves, some becoming superbeings

and others monsters. I guess mentioning Hell in other than a curse is too

close to religion.

I agree though, most movies these days stink, which is why I rent rather

than waste money over twice that on a theatre ticket to sit a big room

full of rude and noisy people.

Guest guest

I think what we are seeing is a sort of fall of the Roman Empire in

modern day times.

If you look at Greco-Roman art at its inception, while the tools

sculptors had to work with were primitive, the sculptures themselves

were very well done. Skin looked soft and velvety, muscles were in

proper proportion to the body, and men and women were depicted with

almost Godlike grace and solemnity.

Toward the end a representative rougher form was deemed sufficient.

People still looked like people, in other words, but less care was

taken to make skin look like skin and hair look like hair. Muscles

hung on the body like drapes. Additionally, scars were freely

depicted on warriors, and these warriors didn't look battle worn or

weary as we would expect, but sort of like a bushes with Christmas

lights on them; Mannequins wearing armor.

Was the fall of true artistry what brought the empire down? Perhaps.

But I think it just as likely that the artistry reflected the fall

of the empire, much the way movies and art today reflect a lesser

importance on art and a greater insistence on punching the clock in

and out in order to cater to the mob.

Tom

Administrator

" I agree most of the current " remakes " don't live the originals.

And few recent movies are worth the time to watch...

Ender "

" I agree though, most movies these days stink, which is why I rent

rather than waste money over twice that on a theatre ticket to sit a

big room full of rude and noisy people.

"

Guest guest

Most films don't leave much of an impression on me, either, but I

don't mind being entertained. I liked Bicentennial Man and Q, I

haven't seen the others you mention. Red Eye, The Interpreter and

Monster-in-Law are recent popular movies I've seen that are okay. I

just saw Citizen Kane, which some say is the best movie ever made but

I didn't think that much of it.

>

> May have mentioned these earlier but here are some non-boring films

> I've seen in the last few years:

>

> " Luther " with ph Fiennes as a surprisingly convincing Luther.

>

> " Bicentennial man " with Robin . If anyone hasn't seen it

yet,

> I warmly recommend it. It's just too cute.

>

> " I, Robot " with Will was also good (though I wish they would

> have cooled it a bit with the computer animations).

>

> " The red violin " is an odd film from the 90's, following a violin

> over centuries up until contemporary time, with an interesting

twist

> at the end.

>

> " Q " with Denzel Washington.

>

> " The last castle " unusual prison film with Redford.

>

> That's all I can think if off the top of my head.

>

> Most films don't leave enough of an impression for me to remember

> them at all.

>

> And I prefer to see them at home so that I can turn off if they are

> too boring or disgusting.

>

> Inger

>

Guest guest

>

> I think what we are seeing is a sort of fall of the Roman Empire in

> modern day times.

So do I. I've noticed there are fewer people than 10 or 20 years ago

who say that things are getting better or that that believe things are

going to improve.

Guest guest

What I can't stand about movies these days is the fact that they can't

tell a story without saying the " F " word and GD ever other word. I

can't enjoy a movie because I'm so put off by the language and sex and

violence. It looks like the makers of movies would see that some of

the best selling movies are the ones that don't have all this cr*p in

them..

Guest guest

Here is the bewildering thing about today's movies:

People LIKE the sex and swearing.

I don't. But most people do. Yours truly is always the one in a crowd

who is called a prude because I think they needlessly show more body

than necessary sometimes. Or I am called a " saint " because I don't

like to see God's name taken in vain. Or I am called " innocent "

because I don't like to hear the F-word.

It's funny though. You go through the Bible Belt and seldom is heard a

discouraging word. Lots of pleases and thank you sir's and yes

ma'am's. No sh*t, f*ck, G*d damn it, etc. And no strip clubs either.

Also, there seem to be churches every other block.

Could there be a correlation here?

I think maybe the only reason I keep hearing that religion is dead is

because I live near a big city where so many people have congregated

to kill it.

Tom

Administrator

What I can't stand about movies these days is the fact that they can't

tell a story without saying the " F " word and GD ever other word. I

can't enjoy a movie because I'm so put off by the language and sex and

violence. It looks like the makers of movies would see that some of

the best selling movies are the ones that don't have all this cr*p in

them..

Guest guest

Exactly. Even PG-13 movies are getting out of hand with curse words and horribly weighted down with a sexual innuendo. The violence could be somewhat worse. The latest Texas Chainsaw Massacre did a decent job and then there was house of 10,000 corpses which was halfway decent. tsbthatsme <kbtoni@...> wrote: What I can't stand about movies these days is the fact that they can't tell a story without saying the "F" word and GD ever other word. I can't enjoy a movie because I'm so put off by the language and sex and violence. It looks like the makers of movies would see that some of the best selling movies are the ones that don't have all this cr*p in them..

Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.

Guest guest

The original " Hills " is loosely based on the legend of Sawney

Beane,although Beane lived in Scotland,i think,not the USA.i rather

liked the original movie,but not as much as the " Hellraiser " series.It

was sort of repetitive.There is a good actor in it,who is deformed in

real life and seemed to really enjoy playing the Sawney Beane

character. Kajira

Guest guest

- " The Liberine " is fun if you are into history(it is very accurate)

and don't mind lots of sex.ny Depp is an excellent actor and

really throws himself into every part. Kajira

-- In , VISIGOTH@... wrote:

>

> The Hills Have Eyes is yet another Hollywood remake. The original

came out

> in 1977, though I have never seen it, even when I was in my horror

movie phase

> in high school. I'm sure like most recent Hollywood remakes, it

will be pure

> trash and too foul to even be sent to a landfill. I'm loathe to

even think

> about the Pink Panther remake that's coming out soon. It's got to

be so PC it

> won't be funny: Kato isn't even Asian in it, I guess that would

have been

> racist in some way.

>

> Most movies I have seen lately haven't been worth it either. The

last movie

> that I saw that actually was worth something was Gladiator, well

that an

> Blackhawk Down. There might be one or two others, but not many

given the some 600

> films per year made in the US alone. I rented Doom the other day

and it was

> dreadful. The premise in the game is that a jump gate opened a

portal to hell

> and demons came through. In the movie, the Martians had genetically

altered

> themselves, some becoming superbeings and others monsters. I guess

mentioning

> Hell in other than a curse is too close to religion.

>

> I agree though, most movies these days stink, which is why I rent

rather

> than waste money over twice that on a theatre ticket to sit a big

room full of

> rude and noisy people.

>

>

>

Guest guest

a-name> house of 10,000 corpses which was halfway

decent

I haven't see either of those, I do like horror movies(some).

I could never understand why so many people complained about the

violence in The Passion of The Christ(maybe because it looked so real

and made people uncomfortable) but you can blow 12 peoples heads off

and noone complains