RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re: Not a Hippie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/7/2006 4:45:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, no_reply writes:

Gen 9:5 And murder is forbidden. Animals that kill people must die, and any person who murders must be killed.

That is the distinction. The prohibition is against murder, not killing in war or self-defense.

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/7/2006 5:20:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, ender@... writes:

9:3 Says we are suppose to be vegetarians and 9:4 Says we shouldn't eat animals that have blood... Oh, I'm aware that as part of the process of butchering an animal you drain their blood but there is really no way to get it all out...Ender

All animals are bled after they are killed but before they are butchered and cooked. The blood will spoil the meat if it is left in and can cause other problems. That is why it is drained off. The point is not to get all of it out, but most of it. If you read the dietary laws, they are actually fairly sound by today's medical standards. I don't remember them all since it has been a while, but many of them do sound like modern food safety standards.

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/7/2006 5:53:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, ender@... writes:

All animals are bled after they are killed but before they are butchered and cooked. The blood will spoil the meat if it is left in and can cause other problems. That is why it is drained off. The point is not to get all of it out, but most of it. If you read the dietary laws, they are actually fairly sound by today's medical standards. I don't remember them all since it has been a while, but many of them do sound like modern food safety standards.

Ender,

I was backing you up. I was explaining the reason why the blood is drained and why it makes sense to do so.

Guest guest

Other then that I am sort of "upset" at the hippies for there greeting to those that came from vietnam. environmental1st2003 <no_reply > wrote: This is actually more true than you realize. Hitler's closest doctor, Dr. Morell, a man who didn't believe in washing and who had other odd beliefs, kept Hitler wired on cocaine and meth-amphetamines for the latter part of his reign.TomThe hippies solution to World War II:Try to get a secret hippie agent to talk to hitler and try to dope him up, then tickle him hoping that after the high passed that he would end the war.Laugh SnortI'm from this planet,

the rest of you are not.Please go back to Mars or Venushttp://www.simplecomplexities.org/community/

Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.

Guest guest

>From: " Rainbow . " <rainbow@...>

>> Stan: " For one thing, they don't think killing is ever justified. "

> " Thou shalt not kill " is the popular expression of

one of the ten commandments given by God to Moses.

I was just trying a bit of reflective humor in response to the earlier post.

>I believe that this statement was originally meant to include killing animals

as well as murdering humans.

There is other suggestion of that in the Bible, IIRC.

- s

Guest guest

Re:

> I think clearing kudzo wouldn't be random, it would take a huge

> determined, definite, methodical, systematic, ordered, particular

> effort! LOL!

Did you know that, in some Asian countries, people consider kudzu a

valuable natural resource? In Japan (where kudzu originated), people

eat it in salads, make flour and fiber out of it, cook it in soup and

as a vegetable, and do other things that I have forgotten.

So if we want to control kudzu (as the Japanese have done for

centuries), we don't need to clear it away ... we just need to learn

how to use it!

Or if we didn't want to use our kudzu (if most Americans just couldn't

learn to like the taste, or something), we could just export it to

Asian countries that *do* like it and use it ... (not to Japan: they

have various trade embargoes on crops and livestock from the USA - but

to other countries that would buy our kudzu if we had the wit to sell

it to them).

Yours for better letters,

Kate Gladstone

Handwriting Repair and the World Handwriting Contest

handwritingrepair@...

http://learn.to/handwrite, http://www.global2000.net/handwritingrepair

325 South Manning Boulevard

Albany, New York 12208-1731 USA

telephone 518/482-6763

AND REMEMBER ...

you can order books through my site!

(Amazon.com link -

I get a 5% - 15% commission on each book sold)

Guest guest

I knew what to do fortunately. I talked to the two people she'd talked to and explained how the lady was a liar and also explained to two other workers and they empathized with me and told me about how something similar had happened to them. I'd call that a success. Inger Lorelei <inglori@...> wrote: A name: > I just tried a random act of kindness and the lady called it harassment. LOL! (Sorry, but that just sounded so funny, though it's really very sad.) Inger FAM Secret Society is a community based on respect, friendship, support and acceptance. Everyone is valued. Don't forget, there are links to other FAM sites on the Links page in the folder marked "Other FAM Sites."

Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.

Guest guest

> Tom: "You told half the truth."The whole truth as I see it!> "Genesis 9:4: But you must never eat animals that still have theirlifeblood in them." You are telling me that birds and fish have NO blood?How about: Lev 3:17[it shall be] a perpetual statute for your generations throughout all your dwellings, that ye eat neither fat nor blood.Lev 7:26Moreover ye shall eat no manner of blood, [whether it be] of fowl or of beast, in any of your dwellings.  Rainbow

Guest guest

I've heard of that too Kate. Kate Gladstone <handwritingrepair@...> wrote: Re:> I think clearing kudzo wouldn't be random, it would take a huge> determined, definite, methodical, systematic, ordered, particular> effort! LOL!Did you know that, in some Asian countries, people consider kudzu avaluable natural resource? In Japan (where kudzu originated), peopleeat it in salads, make flour and fiber out of it, cook it in soup andas a vegetable, and do other things that I have forgotten. So if we want to control kudzu (as the Japanese have done forcenturies), we don't need to clear it away ... we just need to learnhow to use it!Or if we didn't want to use our kudzu (if most Americans just couldn'tlearn to like the taste, or something), we could

just export it toAsian countries that *do* like it and use it ... (not to Japan: theyhave various trade embargoes on crops and livestock from the USA - butto other countries that would buy our kudzu if we had the wit to sellit to them). Yours for better letters, Kate Gladstone Handwriting Repair and the World Handwriting Contest handwritingrepair@... http://learn.to/handwrite, http://www.global2000.net/handwritingrepair 325 South Manning Boulevard Albany, New York 12208-1731 USA telephone 518/482-6763 AND REMEMBER ... you can order books through my site! (Amazon.com link - I get a 5% - 15% commission on each book sold)

Guest guest

I've heard of that too Kate. Kate Gladstone <handwritingrepair@...> wrote: Re:> I think clearing kudzo wouldn't be random, it would take a huge> determined, definite, methodical, systematic, ordered, particular> effort! LOL!Did you know that, in some Asian countries, people consider kudzu avaluable natural resource? In Japan (where kudzu originated), peopleeat it in salads, make flour and fiber out of it, cook it in soup andas a vegetable, and do other things that I have forgotten. So if we want to control kudzu (as the Japanese have done forcenturies), we don't need to clear it away ... we just need to learnhow to use it!Or if we didn't want to use our kudzu (if most Americans just couldn'tlearn to like the taste, or something), we could

just export it toAsian countries that *do* like it and use it ... (not to Japan: theyhave various trade embargoes on crops and livestock from the USA - butto other countries that would buy our kudzu if we had the wit to sellit to them). Yours for better letters, Kate Gladstone Handwriting Repair and the World Handwriting Contest handwritingrepair@... http://learn.to/handwrite, http://www.global2000.net/handwritingrepair 325 South Manning Boulevard Albany, New York 12208-1731 USA telephone 518/482-6763 AND REMEMBER ... you can order books through my site! (Amazon.com link - I get a 5% - 15% commission on each book sold)

Guest guest

At 04:44 PM 3/7/2006, you wrote:

>Rainbow,

>

>You told half the truth.

>

>Here is the rest of it:

>

>Gen 9:1 God blessed Noah and his sons and told them, " Multiply and

>fill the earth.

>

>Gen 9:2 All the wild animals, large and small, and all the birds

>and fish will be afraid of you. I have placed them in your power.

>

>Gen 9:3 I have given them to you for food, just as I have given

>you grain and vegetables.

>

>Gen 9:4 But you must never eat animals that still have their

>lifeblood in them.

>

>Gen 9:5 And murder is forbidden. Animals that kill people must

>die, and any person who murders must be killed.

Hmmm... I didn't realize that Genesis had a prohibition on eating meat...

9:3 Says we are suppose to be vegetarians and 9:4 Says we shouldn't

eat animals that have blood... Oh, I'm aware that as part of the

process of butchering an animal you drain their blood but there is

really no way to get it all out...

Ender

Guest guest

You only read half of my statement... and where in 9:4 does say " but

it's okay if... " it says no blood and there is no way to get it ALL

out... You are reading things into the words that aren't

there...

Ender

At 05:25 PM 3/7/2006, you wrote:

In a message dated 3/7/2006 5:20:08

P.M. Eastern Standard Time, ender@... writes:

9:3 Says we are suppose to be vegetarians and 9:4 Says we shouldn't

eat animals that have blood...

Oh, I'm aware that

as part of the

process of butchering an animal you drain their blood but there is

really no way to get it all out...

Ender

All animals are bled after they are killed but before they are

butchered and cooked. The blood will spoil the meat if it is left in and

can cause other problems. That is why it is drained off. The point is not

to get all of it out, but most of it. If you read the dietary laws, they

are actually fairly sound by today's medical standards. I don't remember

them all since it has been a while, but many of them do sound like modern

food safety standards.

Guest guest

My point was you are reading 9:4 to mean what you want not what it

says... " no blood " ... not " just a little bit is okay " ... taken

together 9:3 and 9:4 say people should be vegetarians...

But most Jews and Christians have no problem chowing down on a dead

cow... even though The Book says rather plainly that it's a No...No...

If it's okay for one person to ready it that way there is no reason

some one else can't read that line or any other line to mean what

they want it to mean

At 06:01 PM 3/7/2006, you wrote:

>In a message dated 3/7/2006 5:53:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

>ender@... writes:

>All animals are bled after they are killed but before they are

>butchered and cooked. The blood will spoil the meat if it is left in

>and can cause other problems. That is why it is drained off. The

>point is not to get all of it out, but most of it. If you read the

>dietary laws, they are actually fairly sound by today's medical

>standards. I don't remember them all since it has been a while, but

>many of them do sound like modern food safety standards.

>

>

>

>Ender,

>

>I was backing you up. I was explaining the reason why the blood is

>drained and why it makes sense to do so.

>

>

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/7/2006 6:41:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, ender@... writes:

Sorry I mistook you for the poster I was replying to in the first placeEnder

No problem, that happens.

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/7/2006 9:35:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, ravenmagic2003@... writes:

KUDZO

Kudzo is a very nasty week that was imported from Asia in the early 1900's or there about for erosion control. The problem is that it has few limits to its growth and it can grow so fast you can sometimes actually see it grow from morning to evening, meaning you can see how far it has spread in a single day. It was a real problem in the South where it was most widely used due to favorable climate. The stuff is next to impossible to kill, so once it gets established it will cover acres in relatively little time.

Guest guest

Re:

> > : " kudzo "

>

>

> Is this an " Alpha Chain Game " word?

I don't think so - kudzu (most, but not all, dictionaries spell it

that way) grows wild in the southeastern USA, and a recent message

here talked about clearing it out of one's garden.

Yours for better letters,

Kate Gladstone

Handwriting Repair and the World Handwriting Contest

handwritingrepair@...

http://learn.to/handwrite, http://www.global2000.net/handwritingrepair

325 South Manning Boulevard

Albany, New York 12208-1731 USA

telephone 518/482-6763

AND REMEMBER ...

you can order books through my site!

(Amazon.com link -

I get a 5% - 15% commission on each book sold)

Guest guest

How well I know being from Ga....

VISIGOTH@... wrote:

> In a message dated 3/7/2006 9:35:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

> ravenmagic2003@... writes:

>

> KUDZO

>

> Kudzo is a very nasty week that was imported from Asia in the early

> 1900's or there about for erosion control. The problem is that it has

> few limits to its growth and it can grow so fast you can sometimes

> actually see it grow from morning to evening, meaning you can see how

> far it has spread in a single day. It was a real problem in the South

> where it was most widely used due to favorable climate. The stuff is

> next to impossible to kill, so once it gets established it will cover

> acres in relatively little time.

>

>

>

>

> FAM Secret Society is a community based on respect, friendship,

> support and acceptance. Everyone is valued.

>

> Don't forget, there are links to other FAM sites on the Links page in

> the folder marked " Other FAM Sites. "

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

China is not free speech...greebohere <julie.stevenson16@...> wrote: Now this is where I get confused - to me killing is killing, plain and simple - people just chose to justify it within war and self defence - the lines become blurred. It is saying - it's wrong to kill, but if you are at war then hey fine and also if someone punches you, you can kill them? I would kill in self defence, but only if I had to - as for war - war appals me. I forgot earlier to comment on an article you posted about the possibility of war with China - so I'll comment now :-) Why do people focus on the idea of war with China? What about making China allies and working together - is that not a possibility? I'm from this planet, the rest of you are

not.Please go back to Mars or Venushttp://www.simplecomplexities.org/community/

Guest guest

China is not free speech...greebohere <julie.stevenson16@...> wrote: Now this is where I get confused - to me killing is killing, plain and simple - people just chose to justify it within war and self defence - the lines become blurred. It is saying - it's wrong to kill, but if you are at war then hey fine and also if someone punches you, you can kill them? I would kill in self defence, but only if I had to - as for war - war appals me. I forgot earlier to comment on an article you posted about the possibility of war with China - so I'll comment now :-) Why do people focus on the idea of war with China? What about making China allies and working together - is that not a possibility? I'm from this planet, the rest of you are

not.Please go back to Mars or Venushttp://www.simplecomplexities.org/community/

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/8/2006 3:20:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, julie.stevenson16@... writes:

Now this is where I get confused - to me killing is killing, plain and simple - people just chose to justify it within war and self defence - the lines become blurred. It is saying - it's wrong to kill, but if you are at war then hey fine and also if someone punches you, you can kill them?I would kill in self defence, but only if I had to - as for war - war appals me.I forgot earlier to comment on an article you posted about the possibility of war with China - so I'll comment now :-) Why do people focus on the idea of war with China? What about making China allies and working together - is that not a possibility?

If someone punches you, you can punch back. Killing someone for hitting you, unless their intent is to beat you to death, is both unethical and against the law, though the law may be lenient in some cases, such as if someone breaks into the house of an elderly person and is beating them senseless and the elderly person kills them. But then again, the law does take a more lenient stance in general on harm visited upon home invaders.

Its good that war is appalling to you. It should be. However, war, like self-defense, sometimes necessary. Hitler's wars of conquest were not justifiable, but the war to stop him was.

We focus on China right now, because China is admittedly setting itself up as our rival. As such, China could threaten our interests and allies in Asia. There are advantages and disadvantages for both sides in such a war, but that will become clearer in the last two bits of that article.

Unfortunately, nations usually compete with each other rather than cooperate, and when they do cooperate, it is usually for short term reasons (like WWII) and soon they fall to competing again. China may become an ally one of these days, but for now their government and goals are not compatible with ours or their neighbors.

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/8/2006 1:32:38 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, no_reply writes:

It strikes me that protestors that would behave in such a fashion were an unsympathetic mob intent on promoting their own ideas, insulting anyone who didn't believe as they do, and generally raising a stink without recognizing that their right to behave so rudely was being preserved by the people they were protesting against.

Just like today protesters are showing up at funerals of service men and women who have died in the line of duty. This strikes me as completely crass and undignified and will certainly reflect very negatively on the peace movement they claim to be representing.

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/8/2006 3:09:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, drumthis2001@... writes:

I find it hard to believe that people so 'enlightened' would display such blatant idiocy, hatefulness, and closed minded apathy.

A very good observation. I often thought it odd that peace supporters would so often resort to riots and other violent acts.

Guest guest

Even though I wasn't alive at the time of the protests, I still would say the people who did it were infantile and cruel.Inger Lorelei <inglori@...> wrote: I agree. They could not help having been sent there and just did their job. Demonstrations should have been directed at those responsible. Inger Re: Re: Not a Hippie Other then that I am sort of "upset" at the hippies for there greeting to those that came from vietnam.