RemedySpot.com

Re: feeling terrible today

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am so sorry you are having to go thru this all over again, I can't imagine. I had a horrible time with sleep for the longest time then someone (here I think) made a real good suggestion. The Riba is what causes the insomnia so instead of taking it in the morning and b4 bed, I started taking it in the morning and then in the midafternoon. It really did help and I get sleep most nights now which has totally improved how I feel during the day.

Take care, Ally

On 10/6/06, us4heavenbound@... <us4heavenbound@...> wrote:

I guess maybe I was too quick to judge the other day...cuz I feel terrible tonight. As you know, I went off my meds for two weeks because of the swelling issue that wouldnt go away, well, this is my second shot since starting again, and it is like I started all over again.. I have terrible aches and pains, quesyness, head, and neck aches. Just plain uck. I havent slept well in about 2 weeks, staying up until 4-6, and then sleeping maybe 3 hours during the day. I need to sleep, and just feel better..gosh I hate this tx...thanks geri

I take wellbutrin as well! I take it 3xs a day so switched it around to take the lowest dosage at night. It definitely can be effecting you too. Can you take it all during the day rather then at night?

Ally

On 10/6/06, us4heavenbound@... <us4heavenbound@...> wrote:

cool thanks..i will try that..i am also on wellbutrin and that maybe doing it too..geri

thanks gav,,,i have some anti inflammatory, not motrin, and a muscle relaxor that I took and that helped..unfortunitly i cant take benadryl it gives me terrible restless legs..i am better today..thanks geri

Geri,

Sorry you are feeling so bad. I, too, had major ickies

when I started treatment. Try some asprin or tylenol

for the pain and take one or two benedryl before bed

to knock you out. With the asprin or tylenol, you may

have to get yourself on a daily regime of it to build

it up. I know I did and it didn't effect the liver

panel tests.

Good luck.

Gav

In a message dated 10/7/2006 7:09:45 PM Central Daylight Time, denisa_dodd@... writes:

pain and sleep

HA he wouldnt give me a pain pill if I blew him for it..sorry..just an ass..geri

find another doc, these meds cause SEVERE body pain,, you need pain management and YOU have A RIGHT TO IT... Remind him that HE is there to HELP YOU!us4heavenbound@... wrote: In a message dated 10/7/2006 7:09:45 PM Central Daylight Time, denisa_dodd writes: pain and sleep HA he wouldnt give me a pain pill if I blew him for it..sorry..just an ass..geri Jackie

Ally, Riba is supposed to be taken EXACTLY 12 hours apart to keep your blood level at the optimal level, its not good to move it around,, I hope you discussed this with your doc,, I would never recommend that,, Ally <4thMoon@...> wrote: I am so sorry you are having to go thru this all over again, I can't imagine. I had a horrible time with sleep for the longest time then someone (here I think) made a real good suggestion. The Riba is what causes the insomnia so instead of taking it in the

morning and b4 bed, I started taking it in the morning and then in the midafternoon. It really did help and I get sleep most nights now which has totally improved how I feel during the day. Take care, Ally On 10/6/06, us4heavenboundaol <us4heavenboundaol> wrote: I guess maybe I was too quick to judge the other day...cuz I feel terrible tonight. As you know, I went off my meds for two weeks because of the swelling issue that wouldnt go away, well, this is my second shot since starting again, and it is like I started all over again.. I have terrible aches and

pains, quesyness, head, and neck aches. Just plain uck. I havent slept well in about 2 weeks, staying up until 4-6, and then sleeping maybe 3 hours during the day. I need to sleep, and just feel better..gosh I hate this tx...thanks geri Jackie

Geri Riba is to be taken EXACTLY 12 hours apart to keep the blood levels optimal,, and while it may cause you trouble with sleep, ask your doc for something for sleep instead of taking your Riba earlier in the day., ITS SO IMPORTANT to keep your blood levels correct,, I took Restoril 30 mg at nite for sleep..us4heavenbound@... wrote: I guess maybe I was too quick to judge the other day...cuz I feel terrible tonight. As you know, I went off

my meds for two weeks because of the swelling issue that wouldnt go away, well, this is my second shot since starting again, and it is like I started all over again.. I have terrible aches and pains, quesyness, head, and neck aches. Just plain uck. I havent slept well in about 2 weeks, staying up until 4-6, and then sleeping maybe 3 hours during the day. I need to sleep, and just feel better..gosh I hate this tx...thanks geri Jackie

In a message dated 10/8/2006 12:57:46 AM Central Daylight Time, redjaxjm@... writes:

find another doc, these meds cause SEVERE body pain,, you need pain management and YOU have A RIGHT TO IT... Remind him that HE is there to HELP YOU!

OOH i read him the riot act,, I basicly told him I wish he could feel the way I had for just one week and see if he could function..he wwould have been curled up on the couch crying for chicken soup and a back rub...the problem is that my insurance only allows me to go to his office,, there are 3 doctors there, and he was the only one taking patients..I feel pretty good now, and my PCP had given me naproxin and anti spasm for my back it seems to help, but not like it could..it is really only shot day now...geri

In a message dated 10/8/2006 1:26:06 AM Central Daylight Time, redjaxjm@... writes:

Geri

Riba is to be taken EXACTLY 12 hours apart to keep the blood levels optimal,, and while it may cause you trouble with sleep, ask your doc for something for sleep instead of taking your Riba earlier in the day., ITS SO IMPORTANT to keep your blood levels correct,, I took Restoril 30 mg at nite for sleep..

Oh I know I started taking a clonipine at bed and that is helping the last couple days...geri

In a message dated 10/8/2006 8:28:44 AM Central Daylight Time, 4thMoon@... writes:

I take wellbutrin as well! I take it 3xs a day so switched it around to take the lowest dosage at night. It definitely can be effecting you too. Can you take it all during the day rather then at night?

Ally

well he wanted me to take 2 in the morning and 1 right before bed..I will call and ask..I am actually only taking 2...seemed like a lot to start out with..450mg?? geri

Oh my goodness!!! I had no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I think I can still swing somethng then because I get up at 430am so if I take it as soon as I wake up then I can take it again at 430pm, hmmm. I will call my Dr and let her know what I have been doing. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Ally

On 10/8/06, Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote:

Ally,

Riba is supposed to be taken EXACTLY 12 hours apart to keep your blood level at the optimal level, its not good to move it around,, I hope you discussed this with your doc,, I would never recommend that,,

Ally <4thMoon@...> wrote:

I am so sorry you are having to go thru this all over again, I can't imagine. I had a horrible time with sleep for the longest time then someone (here I think) made a real good suggestion. The Riba is what causes the insomnia so instead of taking it in the morning and b4 bed, I started taking it in the morning and then in the midafternoon. It really did help and I get sleep most nights now which has totally improved how I feel during the day.

Take care, Ally

On 10/6/06, us4heavenbound@... <

us4heavenbound@...> wrote:

I guess maybe I was too quick to judge the other day...cuz I feel terrible tonight. As you know, I went off my meds for two weeks because of the swelling issue that wouldnt go away, well, this is my second shot since starting again, and it is like I started all over again.. I have terrible aches and pains, quesyness, head, and neck aches. Just plain uck. I havent slept well in about 2 weeks, staying up until 4-6, and then sleeping maybe 3 hours during the day. I need to sleep, and just feel better..gosh I hate this tx...thanks geri

Jackie

450mg is extremely high for wellbutrin. They generally don't let people go above 400 because of the possibility of seizures so I am surprised but I have heard of one other person also taking that dose. I don't see why you couldn't take it in the afternoon rather then at night but it is good to check with the Dr first. My Dr lets me arrange it according to what works best for me as long as I take it so I am grateful for that.

Good luck! Ally

On 10/8/06, us4heavenbound@... <us4heavenbound@...> wrote:

In a message dated 10/8/2006 8:28:44 AM Central Daylight Time, 4thMoon@... writes:

Ally

well he wanted me to take 2 in the morning and 1 right before bed..I will call and ask..I am actually only taking 2...seemed like a lot to start out with..450mg?? geri

well thats good but DONT YOU FORGET that there is a patients RIGHT TO PAIN CONTROL! NO GOOD DOC would let you suffer,, period!us4heavenbound@... wrote: In a message dated 10/8/2006 12:57:46 AM Central Daylight Time, redjaxjm writes: find another doc, these meds cause SEVERE body pain,, you need pain

management and YOU have A RIGHT TO IT... Remind him that HE is there to HELP YOU! OOH i read him the riot act,, I basicly told him I wish he could feel the way I had for just one week and see if he could function..he wwould have been curled up on the couch crying for chicken soup and a back rub...the problem is that my insurance only allows me to go to his office,, there are 3 doctors there, and he was the only one taking patients..I feel pretty good now, and my PCP had given me naproxin and anti spasm for my back it seems to help, but not like it could..it is really only shot day now...geri Jackie

ANOTHER REASON this group is so good,, we DONT want you to compromise your chance at SVR honey,, Please remember that in order for this treatment to work properly, you MUST take the meds exactly as RX'd and its supposed to be 12 hours apart to keep your blood levels stable so that the virus doesnt have a chance to start replicating again because your blood levels are low,, now didnt you say that you still have viral load? Hmmm,, IM wondering if your moving your second dose earlier had anything to do with it,, because doing that would make it a LONGER time between your evening dose of Riba and the next dose in the morning,, Also, are you taking the Riba with a small amount of fat? It works better with a small amount,, say a tablespoon of peanut butter or cream cheese on toast,, and by eating you will help prevent the nausea,, most people only get nauseated if they dont get enough protein... Ally

<4thMoon@...> wrote: Oh my goodness!!! I had no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I think I can still swing somethng then because I get up at 430am so if I take it as soon as I wake up then I can take it again at 430pm, hmmm. I will call my Dr and let her know what I have been doing. THANKS SO MUCH!!!! Ally On 10/8/06, Jackie on <redjaxjm >

wrote: Ally, Riba is supposed to be taken EXACTLY 12 hours apart to keep your blood level at the optimal level, its not good to move it around,, I hope you discussed this with your doc,, I would never recommend that,, Ally <4thMoongmail> wrote: I am so sorry you are having to go thru this all over again, I can't imagine. I had a horrible time with sleep for the longest time then someone (here I think) made a real good suggestion. The Riba is what causes the insomnia so instead of taking it in the morning and b4 bed, I started taking it in the morning and then in the midafternoon. It really did help and I get sleep most nights

now which has totally improved how I feel during the day. Take care, Ally On 10/6/06, us4heavenboundaol < us4heavenboundaol> wrote: I guess maybe I was too quick to judge the other day...cuz I feel terrible tonight. As you know, I went off my meds for two weeks because of the swelling issue that wouldnt go away, well, this is my second shot since starting again, and it is like I started all over again.. I have terrible aches and pains, quesyness, head, and neck aches. Just plain uck. I havent slept well in about 2 weeks,

staying up until 4-6, and then sleeping maybe 3 hours during the day. I need to sleep, and just feel better..gosh I hate this tx...thanks geri Jackie Jackie

Hello Everyone: I am new to the group and have had HepC about 30 years, I suspect. I am a 3a geno and at level 3 fibrosis. I've been in a couple of other online support groups and quit all but two and this one looked active and there are lots of members to give input so I thought I'd try it out. I have tried and failed treatment twice now - once in 2001 and then, in January of 2006 I had to quit at about three months because I landed in the hospital with an opportunistic infection (MRSA) that nearly killed me - then it was months of recovery from all the effects of the antibiotics I had to take to kill the staph infection which also nearly killed me (I was hospitalized with critically low potassium.) Anyway, I may try again but I am taking my time now getting psyched for it and still underweight from the months of intestinal toxin (C-Diff) that I got from the antibiotics that killed all my intestinal bacteria except for that particular toxin. I felt terrible the first time I did treatment (Rebetron) and didn't clear the virus. I learned some tricks though - to help with side effects - and this last time I was on Pegasys and felt just fine until I got the fever and the staph infection. Leave it to me to get an infection and not recognize it. Anyway, my LFTs are only moderately elevated but my viral load went to 2 million something - twice what it was before treatment - because of all the meds including steroids I had to take for the intestinal problems. Now the doc says I have Crohn's disease. I am 54, female, divorced, and live in Florida. I blame the ribavirin for all the big problems. Trouble is that waiting for protease inhibitors to become available would be an option BUT they are testing the protease inhibitors in conjunction with the standard interferon/ribavirin mode, and there seems to be no way to escape ribavirin. Glad to meet you all and hope that I

can contribute information and learn from the group also. e (Marty)

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business.

No, I am clear now thank goodness but it took till my 20th week. I am also taking my Riba with a little Boost Plus which has fat in it so as to metabolise it better.

Ally

On 10/9/06, Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote:

ANOTHER REASON this group is so good,, we DONT want you to compromise your chance at SVR honey,, Please remember that in order for this treatment to work properly, you MUST take the meds exactly as RX'd and its supposed to be 12 hours apart to keep your blood levels stable so that the virus doesnt have a chance to start replicating again because your blood levels are low,,

now didnt you say that you still have viral load? Hmmm,, IM wondering if your moving your second dose earlier had anything to do with it,, because doing that would make it a LONGER time between your evening dose of Riba and the next dose in the morning,, Also, are you taking the Riba with a small amount of fat? It works better with a small amount,, say a tablespoon of peanut butter or cream cheese on toast,, and by eating you will help prevent the nausea,, most people only get nauseated if they dont get enough protein... Ally <4thMoon@...> wrote:

Oh my goodness!!! I had no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I think I can still swing somethng then because I get up at 430am so if I take it as soon as I wake up then I can take it again at 430pm, hmmm. I will call my Dr and let her know what I have been doing. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Ally

On 10/8/06, Jackie on <redjaxjm@...

> wrote:

Ally,

Riba is supposed to be taken EXACTLY 12 hours apart to keep your blood level at the optimal level, its not good to move it around,, I hope you discussed this with your doc,, I would never recommend that,,

Ally <4thMoon@...> wrote:

Take care, Ally

On 10/6/06, us4heavenbound@... <

us4heavenbound@...> wrote:

Jackie

Jackie

He wanted me to take it like 10 min before bed for some reason.. like I said tho I am only taking 300mg...the main reason was because I was getting shaky in the afternoons..and he said that taking two in the am and one at night would help that..geri

In a message dated 10/9/2006 3:29:19 AM Central Daylight Time, redjaxjm@... writes:

well thats good but DONT YOU FORGET that there is a patients RIGHT TO PAIN CONTROL! NO GOOD DOC would let you suffer,, period!

OH I know...Arkansas is really wierd about pain meds..there just was a doctor that had his license taken away for pt abuse of meds..I survive so far, and just try what I can to get by..geri

In a message dated 10/9/2006 9:20:34 PM Central Daylight Time, marticos2002@... writes:

I am a 3a geno

Ahhh another one...I havent had it that long tho..ours comes from Australia..at least a nice place to come from..LOL...sounds like you really got sick from all of this crap..I have no scarring, and my levels are fine..I was at 4 mill when I started this time around..which is not really high I guess. I did about 3 months too in 04 but stopped because I just couldnt function and my kids werent driving yet..and got bad heart palps..could have been low K too.. I started taking K this time, and my blood pressure is normal now. If you read my new post about going to the doc today you will see what is happening now..please tell me your secrets for sx..I could use them since I am basicly starting over from scratch..oh joy..geri welcome

well still hon,, its NOT right that you should have to have pain on this treatment,, I'd like to see the docs do this tx without any pain meds,, Tell him that there IS a thing called the "Patient Rights" and that you DO have a right to have your pain treated,, believe me, the government doesnt take away a docs license for med's unless he is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY out in left field giving them to everyone.. but YOU have a REASON to need them,, interferon is what causes the pain in your muscles and joints and you are injected yourself with it every week! If you can manage on tylenol and advil, thats great, but if not,, YOU DEMAND some help honey!us4heavenbound@... wrote: In a message dated 10/9/2006 3:29:19 AM Central Daylight Time, redjaxjm writes: well thats good but DONT YOU FORGET that there is a patients RIGHT TO PAIN CONTROL! NO GOOD DOC would let you suffer,, period! OH I know...Arkansas is really wierd about pain meds..there just was a doctor that had his license taken away for pt abuse of meds..I survive so far, and just try what I can to get by..geri Jackie

Good,, and congrats on the undetectibility!!! whoo hooo,,, another one bites the dust,, hehe,,, I ate toast with pb on it with my riba, it was all I could get down,, lol,, Ally <4thMoon@...> wrote: No, I am clear now thank goodness but it took till my 20th week. I am also taking my Riba with a little Boost Plus which has fat in it so as to metabolise it better. Ally On 10/9/06, Jackie

on <redjaxjm > wrote: ANOTHER REASON this group is so good,, we DONT want you to compromise your chance at SVR honey,, Please remember that in order for this treatment to work properly, you MUST take the meds exactly as RX'd and its supposed to be 12 hours apart to keep your blood levels stable so that the virus doesnt have a chance to start replicating again because your blood levels are low,, now didnt you say that you still have viral load? Hmmm,, IM wondering if your moving your second dose earlier had anything to do with it,, because doing that would make it a LONGER time between your evening dose of Riba and the next dose in the morning,, Also, are you taking the Riba with a small amount of fat? It works better with a small

amount,, say a tablespoon of peanut butter or cream cheese on toast,, and by eating you will help prevent the nausea,, most people only get nauseated if they dont get enough protein... Ally <4thMoongmail> wrote: Oh my goodness!!! I had no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I think I can still swing somethng then because I get up at 430am so if I take it as soon as I wake up then I can take it again at 430pm, hmmm. I will call my Dr and let her know what I have been doing. THANKS SO MUCH!!!! Ally On 10/8/06, Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Ally, Riba is supposed to be taken EXACTLY 12 hours apart to keep your blood level at the optimal level, its not good to move it around,, I hope you discussed this with your doc,, I would never recommend that,, Ally <4thMoongmail> wrote: I am so sorry you are having to go thru this all over again, I can't imagine. I had a horrible time with sleep for the longest time then someone (here I think) made a real good suggestion. The Riba is what causes the insomnia so instead of taking it in the morning and b4 bed, I started taking it in the morning and then in the midafternoon. It really did help and I get sleep most nights now which has totally improved how I feel

during the day. Take care, Ally On 10/6/06, us4heavenboundaol < us4heavenboundaol> wrote: I guess maybe I was too quick to judge the other day...cuz I feel terrible tonight. As you know, I went off my meds for two weeks because of the swelling issue that wouldnt go away, well, this is my second shot since starting again, and it is like I started all over again.. I have terrible aches and pains, quesyness, head, and neck aches. Just plain uck. I havent slept well in about 2 weeks, staying up until 4-6, and then sleeping

maybe 3 hours during the day. I need to sleep, and just feel better..gosh I hate this tx...thanks geri Jackie Jackie Jackie

WELCOME Marty! Im glad you found out group,, we ARE a GREAT group of people who will do our darndest to help ya! Its really late right now and so Im going to just say welcome and will try to post more to you tomorrow,, we had a neighbors huge oak tree crash tonite almost hitting our fence and took out the powerlines etc,, so I didnt get in here until very late and Im pretty tired and am headed to bed,, Ill try to write more tomorrow,, anyway,, WELCOME!Marty <marticos2002@...> wrote: Hello Everyone: I am new

to the group and have had HepC about 30 years, I suspect. I am a 3a geno and at level 3 fibrosis. I've been in a couple of other online support groups and quit all but two and this one looked active and there are lots of members to give input so I thought I'd try it out. I have tried and failed treatment twice now - once in 2001 and then, in January of 2006 I had to quit at about three months because I landed in the hospital with an opportunistic infection (MRSA) that nearly killed me - then it was months of recovery from all the effects of the antibiotics I had to take to kill the staph infection which also nearly killed me (I was hospitalized with critically low potassium.) Anyway, I may try again but I am taking my time now getting psyched for it and still underweight from the months of intestinal toxin (C-Diff) that I got from the antibiotics that killed all my intestinal bacteria except for that particular toxin. I felt terrible the first

time I did treatment (Rebetron) and didn't clear the virus. I learned some tricks though - to help with side effects - and this last time I was on Pegasys and felt just fine until I got the fever and the staph infection. Leave it to me to get an infection and not recognize it. Anyway, my LFTs are only moderately elevated but my viral load went to 2 million something - twice what it was before treatment - because of all the meds including steroids I had to take for the intestinal problems. Now the doc says I have Crohn's disease. I am 54, female, divorced, and live in Florida. I blame the ribavirin for all the big problems. Trouble is that waiting for protease inhibitors to become available would be an option BUT they are testing the protease inhibitors in conjunction with the standard interferon/ribavirin mode, and there seems to be no way to escape ribavirin. Glad to meet you all and hope that I can contribute information

and learn from the group also. e (Marty) Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business. Jackie

In a message dated 10/10/2006 3:37:44 AM Central Daylight Time, redjaxjm@... writes:

well still hon,, its NOT right that you should have to have pain on this treatment,, I'd like to see the docs do this tx without any pain meds,, Tell him that there IS a thing called the "Patient Rights" and that you DO have a right to have your pain treated,, believe me, the government doesnt take away a docs license for med's unless he is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY out in left field giving them to everyone.. but YOU have a REASON to need them,, interferon is what causes the pain in your muscles and joints and you are injected yourself with it every week! If you can manage on tylenol and advil, thats great, but if not,, YOU DEMAND some help honey!

Thanks what I think I will do is go to my PCP and ask him..he is more reasonable..but actually I felt so bad I oculdnt even drive to get there..he is about 25-30 miles from me..geir