son's case) the kids for some reason do not absorb calcium, even though they

are being heavily supplemented. My son gets two glasses of calcium oj daily,

1 tablespoon of a liquid supplement, and then some of Kirkman's powdered

calcium mixed into his nightly " ice cream " dessert...and HE'S STILL

DEFICIENT. If I'm remembering correctly, according to Doctor's Data, it may

be because he has malabsobtion, NO LACTOBACTILLUS (which I know is true in

his case), or a deficiency of digestive acids (maybe for my poor kiddo, all

of the above? :-(

Just something to watch for and be aware of....good luck!

Guest guest

Judy - I received this morning test results which show my daughter

has increased lead--.6 on a scale of 0-.5. I am hoping this would be

considered a " mild case of lead overload " as suggested in Dr. Baker's

book (which I'm buying this weekend). I actually received another

lab report which showed my daughter needed reduced glutathione. If

you have put your little one on glutathione, from where did you

obtain it? I don't have a doc yet, but may need to get one. You're

right--I too wish I had learned of Jessi's problem earlier. She'll

be 8 on Sunday.

Thanks in advance,

Carol in Florida

Supplements of vitamin C, B vitamins and

> reduced glutathione may be sufficient to get rid of lead in mild

cases of

> Lead overload. Various chelating agents are used when the problem

is severe

> or when there is a need to remove a number of heavy metals from the

body.

>

> All of you who like me have no idea where to start healing your

children or

> yourselves I wish this is the book I would have got at the regional

center 7

> years ago when Levi was diagnosed with possible Autism. Sid Baker

has made

> the discussion of " healing " easy for me to comprehend. I can

understand what

> happens when we get sick from strange foreign chemicals, all those

dyes, fake

> sugars, aged cheeses et. How the stuff effects us and what to do

about it. He

> explains the Detox subject in a way that makes the light go on in

your head.

> I wish I could say it better guys. This book has been a great gift

to me.

> Judy Braun

> I hope he writes a book about amalgam removal by Thursday HAHA HA HA

Guest guest

Sydney,I just had my ICD replaced on Dec 19th as an outpatient.  I am on blood thinners and was happy to hear that I only had to reduce my dosage rather than be completely off of the blood thinners.  I went for a follow up this past Monday and I can resume normal activities.  The last time I had to be off of the blood thinners it was multiple days in the hospital but things are always changing.

I did not have to have any leads replaced.I thought it to be an easy process.  Good luck with your surgery.Joe Schmidt

God Loves Us All

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Sydney <konkontu2011@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since I have seen a post on the list.  I hope you are all doing well. I forgot to change my email address for the group.

I have to have a replacement ICD, but first I will have to have two leads removed.  There are only a couple of doctors in my area who do the procedure.  I have a consultation with the one my cardiologist recommended on Feb 29th.  I would love to hear about the procedure and the recovery and such from anyone who has undergone the surgery.

Sydney

------------------------------------

Be sure to visit and use other ZapLife.org services:

The ZapperBBS at

http://zaplife.org/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1

1 - Email list forum at

/

2 - Email delivery of the Zapper Newsletter at

2/

3 - Email list forum for those involved in ICD litigation at

3/

ZapChat - Real time online support group (Thursdays 8PM EST) at

http://www.zaplife.org/chat.html

ZapFAQs - A glossary of ICD/arrhythmia terms and abbreviations at

http://www.zaplife.org/zap4.htm

The ZAPPER Home page at

http://www.zaplife.org/

Guest guest

I had my ICD replaced last year because of a low battery and the whole thing was pretty much a piece of cake. I did not have to have any leads replaced however, so I can’t speak to that part of it. Good luck.

Brenta

Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 5:56 PM

Subject: Lead Removal

Hello Everyone,It has been a while since I have seen a post on the list. I hope you are all doing well. I forgot to change my email address for the group.I have to have a replacement ICD, but first I will have to have two leads removed. There are only a couple of doctors in my area who do the procedure. I have a consultation with the one my cardiologist recommended on Feb 29th. I would love to hear about the procedure and the recovery and such from anyone who has undergone the surgery.Sydney

Guest guest

That's great to hear. I'm glad that you are doing well. With any luck, my husband won't have to have his replaced for a few years.BonnieSent from my Samsung Epicâ„¢ 4G Touch --- Re: Lead Removal From: Joe Schmidt <glua.joe@...> CC:

Sydney,I just had my ICD replaced on Dec 19th as an outpatient. I am on blood thinners and was happy to hear that I only had to reduce my dosage rather than be completely off of the blood thinners. I went for a follow up this past Monday and I can resume normal activities. The last time I had to be off of the blood thinners it was multiple days in the hospital but things are always changing.

I did not have to have any leads replaced.I thought it to be an easy process. Good luck with your surgery.Joe Schmidt

God Loves Us All

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Sydney <konkontu2011@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since I have seen a post on the list. I hope you are all doing well. I forgot to change my email address for the group.

I have to have a replacement ICD, but first I will have to have two leads removed. There are only a couple of doctors in my area who do the procedure. I have a consultation with the one my cardiologist recommended on Feb 29th. I would love to hear about the procedure and the recovery and such from anyone who has undergone the surgery.

Sydney

The ZapperBBS at

1 - Email list forum at

/

2/

3/

The ZAPPER Home page at

Guest guest

Where r u located? I too have to have mine replaced probably by April and they want to remove a faulty fidelis lead at that time but I don't think I can go through with that, I am going to ask them to leave old lead in. My doc does a lot of removals but I am terrified...not of the replacement but the lead removal. Not much help, but in my case I am older and it is an option.Judi McIntosh, President/CEOSwimsational Swim School, LLCwww.swimsational.netOn Jan 13, 2012, at 7:00 PM, "Brenta " <bdavis66@...> wrote:

I had my ICD replaced last year because of a low battery and the whole thing was pretty much a piece of cake. I did not have to have any leads replaced however, so I can’t speak to that part of it. Good luck.

Brenta

Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 5:56 PM

Hello Everyone,It has been a while since I have seen a post on the list. I hope you are all doing well. I forgot to change my email address for the group.I have to have a replacement ICD, but first I will have to have two leads removed. There are only a couple of doctors in my area who do the procedure. I have a consultation with the one my cardiologist recommended on Feb 29th. I would love to hear about the procedure and the recovery and such from anyone who has undergone the surgery.Sydney

Guest guest

Hi Judy,

I am afraid too because it is a risky surgery. I had a a faulty fidelis lead also and when my doctor put in a new lead he left the fidelis in. So now there are two leads in the vein and they can not put in a third. My choices are to either have the leads removed or not have a functioning ICD. I am older also .... over 65.

I am about 30 miles outside of Boston and the surgery will be done at Brigham and Womens' hospital in Boston. The most important thing is to be sure you are using a very experienced doctor to do the surgery.

Sydney

Lead Removal

Guest guest

I do know more and more are doing this surgery. It used to be only a few. Cleveland Clinic I think were the pioneers. I flew from Louisiana to Rochester, NY to confirm my diagnosis and they implanted icd/pacemaker. I believe I would choose only the best for the situation as well! I'm 61 and have long QT. I'm in an online support group for long qt'rs and have seen Cleveland mentioned a lot. Best of luck! I'm hoping in the future(for our younger friends, lol) there will be wireless technology. My 31 year old daughter also has icd/pacemaker for same:(JudiSent from my iPadOn Jan 13, 2012, at 8:47 PM, "Sydney" <konkontu2011@...> wrote:

Hi Judy,

I am afraid too because it is a risky surgery. I had a a faulty fidelis lead also and when my doctor put in a new lead he left the fidelis in. So now there are two leads in the vein and they can not put in a third. My choices are to either have the leads removed or not have a functioning ICD. I am older also .... over 65.

I am about 30 miles outside of Boston and the surgery will be done at Brigham and Womens' hospital in Boston. The most important thing is to be sure you are using a very experienced doctor to do the surgery.

Sydney

Lead Removal

Guest guest

But if you need additional sets in your future, it is best to remove

them while you are young and while they have not been in too long. 

I am young (53) and am on my 4th ICD - original leads, my veins are

small so when I need another set of leads I will have my old ones

removed from an experienced Doc who specializes in this.  I want

them removed sooner rather than later, so I will have room for

others when I am older...

~guin

On 1/13/2012 6:04 PM, McIntosh wrote:

Where r u located?  I too have to have mine replaced

probably by April and they want to remove a faulty fidelis

lead at that time but I don't think I can go through with

that, I am going to ask them to leave old lead in.  My doc

does a lot of removals but I am terrified...not of the

replacement but the lead removal.  Not much help, but in

my case I am older and it is an option.

Judi McIntosh, President/CEO

Swimsational Swim School, LLC

www.swimsational.net

On Jan 13, 2012, at 7:00 PM, "Brenta " <bdavis66@...>

wrote:

I had my ICD replaced last year because of a

low battery and the whole thing was pretty much

a piece of cake. I did not have to have any

leads replaced however, so I can’t speak to that

part of it. Good luck.

Brenta

Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012

5:56 PM

Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since I have seen a post

on the list. I hope you are all doing well.

I forgot to change my email address for the

group.

I have to have a replacement ICD, but first

I will have to have two leads removed. There

are only a couple of doctors in my area who

do the procedure. I have a consultation with

the one my cardiologist recommended on Feb

29th. I would love to hear about the

procedure and the recovery and such from

anyone who has undergone the surgery.

Sydney

Guest guest

Good Morning All hope all is well with everyone. and a HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! I have heard that changing leads is a tricky business, and have been told ot use either a EP or a thoratic surgon. these drs are the most experience to do such work, just in case something goes wrong. noticed i said just in case. not that anything will but i would want the best doing this work, Am on my second ICD now. no zaps lately thank you Lord lol . My dr wont put me on blood thinners just said to take a asprin everyday. so what the hell why not lol. take a 325mg. not the low dosage per dr advice. i take the coated ones since my stomach is sensitive, had ableeding uncler one time that broke open, not sure if that was more scary or having my first heart attack., scared

the livng B-G-Bees out of me. lol. so not sure what is worse. lol anyway like i said i would use a experienced EP dr or a thoratic surgon to do the replacement. Take Care all and lets get a new President this year God knows we need one.

Guest guest

Thanks . I will check and see if the surgeon recommended is a thoracic surgeon. My cardiologist said that he is one of the few in the area who does the removals and that he is very experienced.

Sydney

Re: Lead Removal

Good Morning All hope all is well with everyone. and a HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! I have heard that changing leads is a tricky business, and have been told ot use either a EP or a thoratic surgon. these drs are the most experience to do such work, just in case something goes wrong. noticed i said just in case. not that anything will but i would want the best doing this work, Am on my second ICD now. no zaps lately thank you Lord lol . My dr wont put me on blood thinners just said to take a asprin everyday. so what the hell why not lol. take a 325mg. not the low dosage per dr advice. i take the coated ones since my stomach is sensitive, had ableeding uncler one time that broke open, not sure if that was more scary or having my first heart attack., scared the livng B-G-Bees out of me. lol. so not sure what is worse. lol anyway like i said i would use a experienced EP dr or a thoratic surgon to do the replacement. Take Care all and lets get a new President this year God knows we need one.

Guest guest

That does sound like a good idea. Mine have both been in for over 5 years.

Lead Removal

Guest guest

Hi Judi,

I am surprised they don't have some sort of wireless technology yet. I bet they are working on it because this is a problem most ICD users will face at some point.

Sydney

Lead Removal

Guest guest

My doc also told me that if i do it, He has cardiac surgeons in operating room always "if ever needed". Judi McIntosh, President/CEOSwimsational Swim School, LLCwww.swimsational.netOn Jan 14, 2012, at 9:19 AM, "Sydney" <konkontu2011@...> wrote:

Hi Judi,

I am surprised they don't have some sort of wireless technology yet. I bet they are working on it because this is a problem most ICD users will face at some point.

Sydney

Lead Removal

Guest guest

Hi -

Not sure this is exactly the same, but I had a lead repositioned after about 3

months. The lead wasn't completely removed, but was de-inserted (?!?) and

reinseted in a different location. I seemed to throw a lot of PVCs, and felt

pretty crummy in general for about 4 weeks.

That said, it was back in 2005 and I'd received a bunch of inappropriate shocks

in a very short time (which led to the repositioning). I didn't have any

additional meds to address the PVCs (which I'm guessing were due to irritation

after the lead was removed and reinserted) -- if the lead had been in for longer

than a few months I'm guessing the recovery might have been a little different;

plus I don't know how much of it was psychological stuff left over from the ICD

storm.

I'm probably due for an ICD and Fidelis lead replacement. They've mentioned

something about capping the Fidelis lead and if there's not enough room for yet

another lead, just moving everything over to the other side (right side). (I've

already got 1 capped lead in place.) When the time comes, I'd rather they leave

the Fidelis lead in place, cap it and put another one in. Not thrilled about the

possibility of moving everything over to the other side either though -- I'm

hoping they can stick just 1 more lead in! :-)

Don't know if that helps.

- Roxe

ICD since 1996

>

> Hello Everyone,

> It has been a while since I have seen a post on the list. I hope you are all

doing well. I forgot to change my email address for the group.

>

> I have to have a replacement ICD, but first I will have to have two leads

removed. There are only a couple of doctors in my area who do the procedure. I

have a consultation with the one my cardiologist recommended on Feb 29th. I

would love to hear about the procedure and the recovery and such from anyone who

has undergone the surgery.

>

> Sydney

>

Guest guest

For what it is worth I have a 

Fidelis lead  and it was reused during the recent replacement of the ICD.My ICD was placed on my right side when I understand that most people have theirs on the left side.  I'm not a doctor but I guess they could put the ICD on the opposite side if necessary.

My hope is that in another six years or so years when I need the next replacement that they have a wireless ICD. I have learned to never try to out guess the doctors until I get my MD degree.  I do check stuff to try to understand. what they are saying and develop my list of questions.

I think this has been out for awhile but my new ICD communicates wirelessly to the Carelink monitor so I don't have to remember to do a manual monitoring.  I didn't think that was a big deal but the doctor can also set conditions which will cause the ICD to contact Medtronic, so it is a two way communication.

Who knows how smart the ICD will be in the future.

Joe SchmidtGod Loves Us All

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 12:59 PM, rm_reppin <roxe@...> wrote:

Hi -

Not sure this is exactly the same, but I had a lead repositioned after about 3 months.  The lead wasn't completely removed, but was de-inserted (?!?) and reinseted in a different location.  I seemed to throw a lot of PVCs, and felt pretty crummy in general for about 4 weeks.

That said, it was back in 2005 and I'd received a bunch of inappropriate shocks in a very short time (which led to the repositioning).  I didn't have any additional meds to address the PVCs (which I'm guessing were due to irritation after the lead was removed and reinserted) -- if the lead had been in for longer than a few months I'm guessing the recovery might have been a little different; plus I don't know how much of it was psychological stuff left over from the ICD storm.

I'm probably due for an ICD and Fidelis lead replacement. They've mentioned something about capping the Fidelis lead and if there's not enough room for yet another lead, just moving everything over to the other side (right side).  (I've already got 1 capped lead in place.) When the time comes, I'd rather they leave the Fidelis lead in place, cap it and put another one in. Not thrilled about the possibility of moving everything over to the other side either though -- I'm hoping they can stick just 1 more lead in! :-)

- Roxe

ICD since 1996

>

> Hello Everyone,

> It has been a while since I have seen a post on the list.  I hope you are all doing well. I forgot to change my email address for the group.

>

> I have to have a replacement ICD, but first I will have to have two leads removed.  There are only a couple of doctors in my area who do the procedure.  I have a consultation with the one my cardiologist recommended on Feb 29th.  I would love to hear about the procedure and the recovery and such from anyone who has undergone the surgery.

>

> Sydney

>

The ZapperBBS at

1 - Email list forum at

/

2/

3/

The ZAPPER Home page at

Guest guest

These new devices are almost spooky! Recently, unbeknownst to me, mine contacted my dr’s office to let them know I was in atrial fibrillation. They called about the time I figured out that something was amiss and was getting ready to call them. I’m so grateful to have it, but it really does spook me a little bit. I’m wary of machines that are smarter than me, so I’m wary alot these days!

Brenta

Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 12:41 PM

Subject: Re: Re: Lead Removal

For what it is worth I have a Fidelis lead and it was reused during the recent replacement of the ICD.

My ICD was placed on my right side when I understand that most people have theirs on the left side. I'm not a doctor but I guess they could put the ICD on the opposite side if necessary.

My hope is that in another six years or so years when I need the next replacement that they have a wireless ICD.

I have learned to never try to out guess the doctors until I get my MD degree. I do check stuff to try to understand. what they are saying and develop my list of questions.

I think this has been out for awhile but my new ICD communicates wirelessly to the Carelink monitor so I don't have to remember to do a manual monitoring. I didn't think that was a big deal but the doctor can also set conditions which will cause the ICD to contact Medtronic, so it is a two way communication.

Hi -Not sure this is exactly the same, but I had a lead repositioned after about 3 months. The lead wasn't completely removed, but was de-inserted (?!?) and reinseted in a different location. I seemed to throw a lot of PVCs, and felt pretty crummy in general for about 4 weeks.That said, it was back in 2005 and I'd received a bunch of inappropriate shocks in a very short time (which led to the repositioning). I didn't have any additional meds to address the PVCs (which I'm guessing were due to irritation after the lead was removed and reinserted) -- if the lead had been in for longer than a few months I'm guessing the recovery might have been a little different; plus I don't know how much of it was psychological stuff left over from the ICD storm.I'm probably due for an ICD and Fidelis lead replacement. They've mentioned something about capping the Fidelis lead and if there's not enough room for yet another lead, just moving everything over to the other side (right side). (I've already got 1 capped lead in place.) When the time comes, I'd rather they leave the Fidelis lead in place, cap it and put another one in. Not thrilled about the possibility of moving everything over to the other side either though -- I'm hoping they can stick just 1 more lead in! :-)Don't know if that helps.- RoxeICD since 1996>> Hello Everyone,> It has been a while since I have seen a post on the list. I hope you are all doing well. I forgot to change my email address for the group.>> I have to have a replacement ICD, but first I will have to have two leads removed. There are only a couple of doctors in my area who do the procedure. I have a consultation with the one my cardiologist recommended on Feb 29th. I would love to hear about the procedure and the recovery and such from anyone who has undergone the surgery.>> Sydney>------------------------------------Be sure to visit and use other ZapLife.org services:The ZapperBBS at http://zaplife.org/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=11 - Email list forum at /2 - Email delivery of the Zapper Newsletter at 2/3 - Email list forum for those involved in ICD litigation at 3/ZapChat - Real time online support group (Thursdays 8PM EST) at http://www.zaplife.org/chat.htmlZapFAQs - A glossary of ICD/arrhythmia terms and abbreviations at http://www.zaplife.org/zap4.htmThe ZAPPER Home page at http://www.zaplife.org/

Guest guest

What kind of device do you have and when did you get the "smarty" one, lol?Judi McIntosh, President/CEOSwimsational Swim School, LLCwww.swimsational.netOn Jan 14, 2012, at 12:47 PM, "Brenta " <bdavis66@...> wrote:

These new devices are almost spooky! Recently, unbeknownst to me, mine contacted my dr’s office to let them know I was in atrial fibrillation. They called about the time I figured out that something was amiss and was getting ready to call them. I’m so grateful to have it, but it really does spook me a little bit. I’m wary of machines that are smarter than me, so I’m wary alot these days!

Brenta

For what it is worth I have a Fidelis lead and it was reused during the recent replacement of the ICD.

My ICD was placed on my right side when I understand that most people have theirs on the left side. I'm not a doctor but I guess they could put the ICD on the opposite side if necessary.

My hope is that in another six years or so years when I need the next replacement that they have a wireless ICD.

I have learned to never try to out guess the doctors until I get my MD degree. I do check stuff to try to understand. what they are saying and develop my list of questions.

I think this has been out for awhile but my new ICD communicates wirelessly to the Carelink monitor so I don't have to remember to do a manual monitoring. I didn't think that was a big deal but the doctor can also set conditions which will cause the ICD to contact Medtronic, so it is a two way communication.

Hi -Not sure this is exactly the same, but I had a lead repositioned after about 3 months. The lead wasn't completely removed, but was de-inserted (?!?) and reinseted in a different location. I seemed to throw a lot of PVCs, and felt pretty crummy in general for about 4 weeks.That said, it was back in 2005 and I'd received a bunch of inappropriate shocks in a very short time (which led to the repositioning). I didn't have any additional meds to address the PVCs (which I'm guessing were due to irritation after the lead was removed and reinserted) -- if the lead had been in for longer than a few months I'm guessing the recovery might have been a little different; plus I don't know how much of it was psychological stuff left over from the ICD storm.I'm probably due for an ICD and Fidelis lead replacement. They've mentioned something about capping the Fidelis lead and if there's not enough room for yet another lead, just moving everything over to the other side (right side). (I've already got 1 capped lead in place.) When the time comes, I'd rather they leave the Fidelis lead in place, cap it and put another one in. Not thrilled about the possibility of moving everything over to the other side either though -- I'm hoping they can stick just 1 more lead in! :-)Don't know if that helps.- RoxeICD since 1996>> Hello Everyone,> It has been a while since I have seen a post on the list. I hope you are all doing well. I forgot to change my email address for the group.>> I have to have a replacement ICD, but first I will have to have two leads removed. There are only a couple of doctors in my area who do the procedure. I have a consultation with the one my cardiologist recommended on Feb 29th. I would love to hear about the procedure and the recovery and such from anyone who has undergone the surgery.>> Sydney>------------------------------------Be sure to visit and use other ZapLife.org services:The ZapperBBS at http://zaplife.org/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=11 - Email list forum at /2 - Email delivery of the Zapper Newsletter at 2/3 - Email list forum for those involved in ICD litigation at 3/ZapChat - Real time online support group (Thursdays 8PM EST) at http://www.zaplife.org/chat.htmlZapFAQs - A glossary of ICD/arrhythmia terms and abbreviations at http://www.zaplife.org/zap4.htmThe ZAPPER Home page at http://www.zaplife.org/

Guest guest

I have a Medtronic combination pacemaker and ICD. It was replaced last year because of a low battery and I was given a new transmitter that automatically interrogates my device on some schedule of my dr’s while I’m sleeping. They told me it is wireless and could communicate with them if I was having a problem but I didn’t pay alot of attention at the time. They were telling the truth!

Brenta

Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 12:55 PM

What kind of device do you have and when did you get the "smarty" one, lol?Judi McIntosh, President/CEO Swimsational Swim School, LLC

www.swimsational.net

On Jan 14, 2012, at 12:47 PM, "Brenta " <bdavis66@...> wrote:

Brenta

Guest guest

Hi Brenta,

I hope I get one of those this time around.

Sydney

Re: Re: Lead Removal

Guest guest

For what it is worth it is possible to register the ICD at Medtronic and receive an email when a transmission is received.  I think this can be setup on the new wireless ICD's or the older Medtronic ICDs.  It was reassuring to receive and email to be sure that my transmission had been received.

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Brenta <bdavis66@...> wrote:

I have a Medtronic combination pacemaker and ICD. It was replaced last year because of a low battery and I was given a new transmitter that automatically interrogates my device on some schedule of my dr’s while I’m sleeping. They told me it is wireless and could communicate with them if I was having a problem but I didn’t pay alot of attention at the time. They were telling the truth!

Brenta

Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 12:55 PM

What kind of device do you have and when did you get the " smarty " one, lol?Judi McIntosh, President/CEO Swimsational Swim School, LLC

www.swimsational.net

On Jan 14, 2012, at 12:47 PM, " Brenta " <bdavis66@...> wrote:

These new devices are almost spooky! Recently, unbeknownst to me,  mine contacted my dr’s office to let them know I was in atrial fibrillation. They called about the time I figured out that something was amiss and was getting ready to call them. I’m so grateful to have it, but it really does spook me a little bit. I’m wary of machines that are smarter than me, so I’m wary alot these days!

Brenta

For what it is worth I have a  Fidelis lead  and it was reused during the recent replacement of the ICD.

My ICD was placed on my right side when I understand that most people have theirs on the left side.  I'm not a doctor but I guess they could put the ICD on the opposite side if necessary.

I have learned to never try to out guess the doctors until I get my MD degree.  I do check stuff to try to understand. what they are saying and develop my list of questions.

I think this has been out for awhile but my new ICD communicates wirelessly to the Carelink monitor so I don't have to remember to do a manual monitoring.  I didn't think that was a big deal but the doctor can also set conditions which will cause the ICD to contact Medtronic, so it is a two way communication.

Hi -Not sure this is exactly the same, but I had a lead repositioned after about 3 months.  The lead wasn't completely removed, but was de-inserted (?!?) and reinseted in a different location.  I seemed to throw a lot of PVCs, and felt pretty crummy in general for about 4 weeks.That said, it was back in 2005 and I'd received a bunch of inappropriate shocks in a very short time (which led to the repositioning).  I didn't have any additional meds to address the PVCs (which I'm guessing were due to irritation after the lead was removed and reinserted) -- if the lead had been in for longer than a few months I'm guessing the recovery might have been a little different; plus I don't know how much of it was psychological stuff left over from the ICD storm.I'm probably due for an ICD and Fidelis lead replacement. They've mentioned something about capping the Fidelis lead and if there's not enough room for yet another lead, just moving everything over to the other side (right side).  (I've already got 1 capped lead in place.) When the time comes, I'd rather they leave the Fidelis lead in place, cap it and put another one in. Not thrilled about the possibility of moving everything over to the other side either though -- I'm hoping they can stick just 1 more lead in! :-)Don't know if that helps.- RoxeICD since 1996>> Hello Everyone,> It has been a while since I have seen a post on the list.  I hope you are all doing well. I forgot to change my email address for the group.>> I have to have a replacement ICD, but first I will have to have two leads removed.  There are only a couple of doctors in my area who do the procedure.  I have a consultation with the one my cardiologist recommended on Feb 29th.  I would love to hear about the procedure and the recovery and such from anyone who has undergone the surgery.>> Sydney>------------------------------------Be sure to visit and use other ZapLife.org services:The ZapperBBS at  http://zaplife.org/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1

1 - Email list forum at  /

2 - Email delivery of the Zapper Newsletter at  2/

3 - Email list forum for those involved in ICD litigation at  3/

ZapChat - Real time online support group (Thursdays 8PM EST) at  http://www.zaplife.org/chat.html

ZapFAQs - A glossary of ICD/arrhythmia terms and abbreviations at  http://www.zaplife.org/zap4.htm

The ZAPPER Home page at   http://www.zaplife.org/

Guest guest

I agree with whole heartedly -- PUN intended....

I have discussed this at length with my Doc at Stanford Hospital. y

EP is experienced with removing leads with laser, however he only

operates with a Thoracic surgeon with him, in case there is a

problem they can get it sorted out quickly... Notice I chose my

words carefully... He said there is only abut a 1% (1 on 100)....

~guin

On 1/14/2012 6:34 AM, wrote:

Good Morning All hope all is well with everyone.

and a HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! I have heard that changing

leads is a tricky business, and have been told ot use

either a EP or a thoratic surgon. these drs are the

most experience to do such work, just in case something

goes wrong. noticed i said just in case. not that

anything will but i would want the best doing this

work, Am on my second ICD now. no zaps lately thank you

Lord lol . My dr wont put me on blood thinners just

said to take a asprin everyday. so what the hell why not

lol. take a 325mg. not the low dosage per dr

advice. i take the coated ones since my stomach is

sensitive, had ableeding uncler one time that broke

open, not sure if that was more scary or having my first

heart attack., scared the livng B-G-Bees out of me.

lol. so not sure what is worse. lol anyway like i said

i would use a experienced EP dr or a thoratic surgon to

do the

replacement.

Take Care all and lets get a new President this year God

knows we need one.

Guest guest

** Mine have been in for over 12 years and am told they could last

20 years...  When put in they said 15 years...   We shall see.  Yes,

I too will be afraid....On 1/14/2012 7:12 AM, Sydney wrote:

That does sound like a good idea. 

Mine have both been in for over 5 years.

Lead

Removal

Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since I have

seen a post on the list. I hope you

are all doing well. I forgot to

change my email address for the

group.

I have to have a replacement ICD,

but first I will have to have two

leads removed. There are only a

couple of doctors in my area who do

the procedure. I have a consultation

with the one my cardiologist

recommended on Feb 29th. I would

love to hear about the procedure and

the recovery and such from anyone

who has undergone the surgery.

Sydney

Guest guest

Sounds interesting Rox but when you have two and sometimes three

leads for each of your devices, and you need say even three sets in

your life time, assuming each set will last 15 years -- that is 9

leads -- really where will they put them all, when they need to

attached at a specific place in the heart? I'd rather get them out

and no impede blood flow...

I too was wishing for wireless but my engineering husband said the

energy need a lead to transmit therapy to a specif part of the

heart.... Oh well.... As Wireless as it is going to get is remote

monitoring....

~guin

On 1/14/2012 9:59 AM, rm_reppin wrote:

Hi -

Not sure this is exactly the same, but I had a lead

repositioned after about 3 months. The lead wasn't

completely removed, but was de-inserted (?!?) and

reinseted in a different location. I seemed to throw a lot

of PVCs, and felt pretty crummy in general for about 4

weeks.

That said, it was back in 2005 and I'd received a bunch of

inappropriate shocks in a very short time (which led to

the repositioning). I didn't have any additional meds to

address the PVCs (which I'm guessing were due to

irritation after the lead was removed and reinserted) --

if the lead had been in for longer than a few months I'm

guessing the recovery might have been a little different;

plus I don't know how much of it was psychological stuff

left over from the ICD storm.

I'm probably due for an ICD and Fidelis lead replacement.

They've mentioned something about capping the Fidelis lead

and if there's not enough room for yet another lead, just

moving everything over to the other side (right side).

(I've already got 1 capped lead in place.) When the time

comes, I'd rather they leave the Fidelis lead in place,

cap it and put another one in. Not thrilled about the

possibility of moving everything over to the other side

either though -- I'm hoping they can stick just 1 more

lead in! :-)

- Roxe

ICD since 1996

>

> Hello Everyone,

> It has been a while since I have seen a post on the

list. I hope you are all doing well. I forgot to change my

email address for the group.

>

> I have to have a replacement ICD, but first I will

have to have two leads removed. There are only a couple of

doctors in my area who do the procedure. I have a

consultation with the one my cardiologist recommended on

Feb 29th. I would love to hear about the procedure and the

recovery and such from anyone who has undergone the

surgery.

>

> Sydney

>

Guest guest

I’m lucky as I only need one lead

for my device. Unfortunately there was an advisory on the last one as well, so

they’ve just disconnected it and put in the Fidelis. As I understand it

kids with ICDs really have it rough – as they grow the leads have to be

replaced if for no other reason than insufficient length!

I’m still at least a year off from

having to have things replaced, so I’m hoping to ignore the question of

removal for a while longer. ;-)

Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012

8:17 PM

Cc: rm_reppin

Subject: Re: Re: Lead

Removal

Sounds interesting Rox but when you have two and

sometimes three leads for each of your devices, and you need say even three

sets in your life time, assuming each set will last 15 years -- that is 9 leads

-- really where will they put them all, when they need to attached at a

specific place in the heart? I'd rather get them out and no impede blood

flow...

I too was wishing for wireless but my engineering husband said the energy

need a lead to transmit therapy to a specif part of the heart.... Oh

well.... As Wireless as it is going to get is remote monitoring....

~guin

On 1/14/2012 9:59 AM, rm_reppin wrote:

Hi -

Not sure this is exactly the same, but I had a lead repositioned after about 3

months. The lead wasn't completely removed, but was de-inserted (?!?) and

reinseted in a different location. I seemed to throw a lot of PVCs, and felt

pretty crummy in general for about 4 weeks.

That said, it was back in 2005 and I'd received a bunch of inappropriate shocks

in a very short time (which led to the repositioning). I didn't have any

additional meds to address the PVCs (which I'm guessing were due to irritation

after the lead was removed and reinserted) -- if the lead had been in for

longer than a few months I'm guessing the recovery might have been a little

different; plus I don't know how much of it was psychological stuff left over

from the ICD storm.

I'm probably due for an ICD and Fidelis lead replacement. They've mentioned

something about capping the Fidelis lead and if there's not enough room for yet

another lead, just moving everything over to the other side (right side). (I've

already got 1 capped lead in place.) When the time comes, I'd rather they leave

the Fidelis lead in place, cap it and put another one in. Not thrilled about

the possibility of moving everything over to the other side either though --

I'm hoping they can stick just 1 more lead in! :-)

- Roxe

ICD since 1996

>

> Hello Everyone,

> It has been a while since I have seen a post on the list. I hope you are

all doing well. I forgot to change my email address for the group.

>

> I have to have a replacement ICD, but first I will have to have two leads

removed. There are only a couple of doctors in my area who do the procedure. I

have a consultation with the one my cardiologist recommended on Feb 29th. I

would love to hear about the procedure and the recovery and such from anyone

who has undergone the surgery.

>

> Sydney

>