Guest guest

Results

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This is so inane. Read what I wrote in the previous post and then

read how others glorify certain treatments, while making others sound

as if they sound not be given the time of day. This is a foolish way

to encourage those looking for assistance. I did not mention, Zang

or Weil, as they are definitely not mail order docs.

The name of the game here is to for those suffering from HCV to have

the ability to participate in our society, both economically and

socially. There are arrays of treatment options open, but at present

the only ones with clinical evidence that seem to be effective are

the interferons. Good science does not work on anecdotal evidence or

claims of individual cures. These proclamations have the effect of

seeming to be real, as do those who suggest they are suffering from

the post treatment trauma. To date all we have are comments from

individual persons and this being the internet, we are without the

ability to confirm people's suspicions.

I might suggest you actually read what people write before responding

to their comments, as your response speaks to nothing that was in my

previous post.

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

You know what, Andy? You are full of it, and full of yourself. I notice you're not picky when it comes to YOU using anecdotes: as you state "There are many who have used supplements similar to the ones you are presently using and they in fact did nothing to slow the progress of the disease". How scientific is THAT statement/observation? In fact, I know of no one who uses my specific protocol, as it is a blend of many different ones, plus other holistic/energetic healing methods, which I've stated many times, and which I'm pretty sure hardly any have tried in combination. What I'm doing is working for ME. This is a place for sharing, that's what I'm doing, and that's what I have the right to do. Just like people have the choice to do treatment or not. I respect whatever one chooses and respect that choice--I have said this in each of my posts warning of the side-effects that tx CAN present (and this is NOT anecdotal)--along with SHARING what has worked for ME. As I said before, Andy, you are a troublemaker, because I am simply sharing and giving examples of what has worked for me. Apparently you like to "come out and play nasty" whenever I try to post......every time....it's even getting boring....ho hum, same old blah blah.....At this time, many "protocols" cannot be studied, because there is not one fixed protocol that everyone on natural treatment uses.(and Dr. Zhang's DOES have studies proving the efficacy of his protocol) The only thing all these protocols have in common is that they all facilitate the body's natural tendency toward healing. Nuff said here. Blessings, Satya

[ ] Re: Results

It is not my concern what anecdotal evidence you continue to present on this site. Those who are seeking answers for the care and treatment of the Hepatitis C virus may, if they so desire, follow the protocols you have outlined. These protocols are not based on any form of science and those who profit from them are generally frauds that use degrees that were purchased at a degree mill.To constantly brand those who would differ with your utopian vision of a hepatitis c cure, as troublemakers is beyond comment. There are many who have used supplements similar to the ones you are presently using and they in fact did nothing to slow the progress of the disease. They may in fact have contributed to its progress. Thousands of people have used interferon and ribavirin treatments successfully and some have not been successful. These are drugs that are not to used in a fashion similar to aspirin, then again, HCV is not a headache or cold. It can and does kill. As it stands at this moment the only effective, peer reviewed treatment for the Hepatitis C virus available in North America at this time is either Pegetron or Pegasys combination therapies. There are thousands of herbal diet supplements that can be purchased via the web or on the street, but none has ever shown to be in the least effective in the control of the Hepatitis C virus. I would venture that they may give a person a feeling of some control over the virus, but only in a "placebo effect".Reality is that a large majority of health care consumers will visit their western educated and certified docs, for the care, management and treatment of their HCV. Being an educated health care consumer will of course assist them to understand the procedures and treatment options. When the alternative medicine practitioners actually use scientific peer reviewed studies of their treatments and cures, then I suspect others and I will look at their findings. The problem is that most medical reviews will not accept treatments that come from docs who bought their degrees off the internet, as they look down on them for what their really are, snake oil salespersons.> > > > >

Guest guest

That was very eloquently said, Michele! And VERY true! The writer of the post you refer to doesn't know the meaning of respecting anything HE DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT OR HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH. He is obviously STUCK on his mission of TX FOR ALL.....typical pharmer.....as you say, respect is the key. I respect the right for each to do as one wishes, and not to be ridiculed for it. Blessings, Satya

To deny the value of Dr-Zhang's work and results with HepC is to bury one's head in the sand. I chose to think you did not mean him when you wrote about "frauds", it would make you a very "ignorant" person. Making the informed choice, after much research, of taking his protocol instead of the "treatment" is everybody's right. His protocol does not work for everyone, but neither does the treatment. People feel better on his protocol, can't say that for the "treatment"... Respect for other people's choices is the key here. We all have to reach deep inside to make such an important decision and once we make it, we don't need this kind of talk. Blessings!> > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

You order Dr. Zhang's products online. What's your point? just more blah blah from Andy......

This is so inane. Read what I wrote in the previous post and then read how others glorify certain treatments, while making others sound as if they sound not be given the time of day. This is a foolish way to encourage those looking for assistance. I did not mention, Zang or Weil, as they are definitely not mail order docs. The name of the game here is to for those suffering from HCV to have the ability to participate in our society, both economically and socially. There are arrays of treatment options open, but at present the only ones with clinical evidence that seem to be effective are the interferons. Good science does not work on anecdotal evidence or claims of individual cures. These proclamations have the effect of seeming to be real, as do those who suggest they are suffering from the post treatment trauma. To date all we have are comments from individual persons and this being the internet, we are without the ability to confirm people's suspicions.I might suggest you actually read what people write before responding to their comments, as your response speaks to nothing that was in my previous post. > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

You really must a have a majestic view of yourself, as what it seems

you are suggesting is that you are not open to being convinced

regardless of evidence? You seem to that imply that your mind is

closed to challenges to alt-speak and selective affirmation? Calling

something " alternative " or " complementary " does not mean it is a

suitable substitute or adds to outcomes when using appropriate

healthcare. Those who choose not to feed at your table of wonder are

simpletons and not worthy of your divine guidance. Your claims seem

to grow as over the months, teacher, University grad, Minister and

certified some kind of therapist. What new trade or shingle will you

hang out this week to support your claims? Is it not possible to just

stick to the substance of the argument, or must you always denigrate

to attacking the messenger when you have no rebuttals to provide?

Keep in mind that absence of inserts providing adverse event info

does not

imply absence of risk of adverse events. And absence of inserts with

indications do not imply effectiveness for any intended purpose.

Nasty, troublemaker, pharmer...send your boy friend to beat me up

again...what next? Sorry I'm not biting, as when you have no

empirical evidence of your claims, your usual MO is to attack the

messenger. Seems that now you have gone as far as placing my name on

other in some sort of feeble attempt to support your

utopian claims.

If you want to play Doctor, then buy a Fisher Price doctor set at

Toys R' Us and have fun.

For the many of us, we have to deal with reality and have not chosen

the road of playing make believe, as this method does make the

disease go away. It's still there doing its thing.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

you make yourself sick with your stinkin thinkin

You really must a have a majestic view of yourself, as what it seems you are suggesting is that you are not open to being convinced regardless of evidence? You seem to that imply that your mind is closed to challenges to alt-speak and selective affirmation? Calling something "alternative" or "complementary" does not mean it is a suitable substitute or adds to outcomes when using appropriate healthcare. Those who choose not to feed at your table of wonder are simpletons and not worthy of your divine guidance. Your claims seem to grow as over the months, teacher, University grad, Minister and certified some kind of therapist. What new trade or shingle will you hang out this week to support your claims? Is it not possible to just stick to the substance of the argument, or must you always denigrate to attacking the messenger when you have no rebuttals to provide?Keep in mind that absence of inserts providing adverse event info does not imply absence of risk of adverse events. And absence of inserts with indications do not imply effectiveness for any intended purpose.Nasty, troublemaker, pharmer...send your boy friend to beat me up again...what next? Sorry I'm not biting, as when you have no empirical evidence of your claims, your usual MO is to attack the messenger. Seems that now you have gone as far as placing my name on other in some sort of feeble attempt to support your utopian claims. If you want to play Doctor, then buy a Fisher Price doctor set at Toys R' Us and have fun. For the many of us, we have to deal with reality and have not chosen the road of playing make believe, as this method does make the disease go away. It's still there doing its thing.> > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Andy - It would seem to me that SSKT, a Chinese treatment which is

currently in phase II trials at Sloan Kettering for cancer and HCV

treatment, must have some merit if it is being so studied. Of course,

we will know more in the future. However, wouldn't it seem that

treatments that have been used for thousands of years might be worth

mention and given some kind of respect?

Love & Blessings, Karolyn

> > >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Karolyn,

What I'm at a loss to understand is why you believe that I'm for some

reason against treating HCV with methods that may seem unconventional.

I have never ever suggested that other forms of treatment other than

Schering's or Roche's interferons are not useful. This was a tactic

used by Jeanine and Satya, when confronted by those who ask

questions. If you read my posts, you may find there is an underlying

theme, which is that most people suffering from HCV will not be

successful in eradicating the virus using combo interferon

treatments. With this in mind, many are searching for methods to keep

their liver in the best shape possible. This will assist them in

leading fairly normal lives. By investigating other possibilities,

does not mean that these persons will jump right into the non-

traditional mindset. To expect people to do this is fantasy.

I'm looking for real answers to real problems, and these answers

should be answered by competent persons, not those whose interest is

to fill their wallets with ill-gotten gains at the expense of those

suffering from HCV.

It seems anytime anyone questions those who disgorge their claims,

that all though they have HCV, they in fact will live forever,

because they are unique, their answers usually contain a reference to

the questioner being a pharmer or some other such nonsense. From

these persons you may have got the impression that I favor one style

of TX over another. This is not the case, as I'm an intelligent

person, who has far more education than others who feel the need to

present their educational status when queried. I'm just looking for

the truth. In looking for the truth, I have been attacked,

threatened, accused of murder and been called all sorts of derogative

names. All this from those who claim to live lifestyles that would

seem to disfavor this kind of activity. They are always wishing folks

peace and happiness, when in fact their comments suggest the

opposite. From these comments one can only imagine what the protocols

they ingest has on their physical and emotional well-being. It would

make one most hesitant to indulge in whatever they are taking as it

would seem to render them mentally, emotionally and spiritually

unbalanced.

Respect is something one is not granted because they claim something.

It is conditional and not earned by adding silly letters to the end

of ones name, in an effort to command instant respect. The number of

people in the alternative health field who have used this formula to

market their products has resulted in those like myself being

slightly skeptical of anyone who uses or promotes their products for

the HCV condition. This is what they have earned. I didn't do it;

they did by using those who were not in a position to question their

wares. This is your problem, not mine, so excuse me if I feel the

need to request real evidence as to claims of cures etc.

andy

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

Andy - Point taken. What I think may cause my perceptions is your

reaction to what certain people say in defense of something you may

be skeptical about. I don't think you're an unreasonable person;

however, I don't know if you understand how strongly many people feel

about the medical establishment - a lot of that feeling based on

actual bad experience - and how strongly they feel about the

alternative mthods they may be using to combat HCV. I think it

creates extremism, which, warranted or not, is what it is. And, call

me crazy, but I still tend to think that Jeanine London is just a

misguided self-appointed messiah who really believes what she is

doing is right.

I know that you speak and act from strong feelings also; and there

really is nothing wrong with healthy debate, as long as it doesn't

hurt anyone.

Personally, I tend to go by faith, intuition and my gut feelings; and

I'm comfortable with that. There's room for all of us.

I'm sitting here wondering if what I've written makes any sense at

all. I hope so. I feel like I'm just rambling, but I wanted to say

something.

Blessings to you, Andy

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

Guest guest

You are so kind. And from my observation over here, I think you are right about a lot of what you have said.

Thank you

D

Andy - Point taken. What I think may cause my perceptions is your reaction to what certain people say in defense of something you may be skeptical about. I don't think you're an unreasonable person; however, I don't know if you understand how strongly many people feel about the medical establishment - a lot of that feeling based on actual bad experience - and how strongly they feel about the alternative mthods they may be using to combat HCV. I think it creates extremism, which, warranted or not, is what it is. And, call me crazy, but I still tend to think that Jeanine London is just a misguided self-appointed messiah who really believes what she is doing is right. I know that you speak and act from strong feelings also; and there really is nothing wrong with healthy debate, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.Personally, I tend to go by faith, intuition and my gut feelings; and I'm comfortable with that. There's room for all of us.I'm sitting here wondering if what I've written makes any sense at all. I hope so. I feel like I'm just rambling, but I wanted to say something.Blessings to you, Andy> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

as usual andy, I have no time for your bullshit--Satya

You really must a have a majestic view of yourself, as what it seems you are suggesting is that you are not open to being convinced regardless of evidence? You seem to that imply that your mind is closed to challenges to alt-speak and selective affirmation? Calling something "alternative" or "complementary" does not mean it is a suitable substitute or adds to outcomes when using appropriate healthcare. Those who choose not to feed at your table of wonder are simpletons and not worthy of your divine guidance. Your claims seem to grow as over the months, teacher, University grad, Minister and certified some kind of therapist. What new trade or shingle will you hang out this week to support your claims? Is it not possible to just stick to the substance of the argument, or must you always denigrate to attacking the messenger when you have no rebuttals to provide?Keep in mind that absence of inserts providing adverse event info does not imply absence of risk of adverse events. And absence of inserts with indications do not imply effectiveness for any intended purpose.Nasty, troublemaker, pharmer...send your boy friend to beat me up again...what next? Sorry I'm not biting, as when you have no empirical evidence of your claims, your usual MO is to attack the messenger. Seems that now you have gone as far as placing my name on other in some sort of feeble attempt to support your utopian claims. If you want to play Doctor, then buy a Fisher Price doctor set at Toys R' Us and have fun. For the many of us, we have to deal with reality and have not chosen the road of playing make believe, as this method does make the disease go away. It's still there doing its thing.> > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

what is going on here is andy fearing some plot against traditional medicine--he seems to clump me with Jeannine, lord knows why--actually, as I'm sure Karolyn would agree, I'm on a path more similar to hers than Jeannine's--I have no website, sell no supplements, nor have any public advocacy of alternatives--I'm just a simple person living life, trying to treat myself and to teach others so inclined to heal themselves holistically.. Notice the difference in tone when he writes to you, Karolyn, as opposed to when he writes to me, considering we basically advocate the same things. Here again it becomes evident that Andy is selfishly using this forum to BASH for no reason but to satisfy his own sick needs. It really is a form of censorship, in that I am not allowed to publish my views without being bashed. Too bad we all have to go thru this every time I post. ....Blessings, Satya

Karolyn,What I'm at a loss to understand is why you believe that I'm for some reason against treating HCV with methods that may seem unconventional.I have never ever suggested that other forms of treatment other than Schering's or Roche's interferons are not useful. This was a tactic used by Jeanine and Satya, when confronted by those who ask questions. If you read my posts, you may find there is an underlying theme, which is that most people suffering from HCV will not be successful in eradicating the virus using combo interferon treatments. With this in mind, many are searching for methods to keep their liver in the best shape possible. This will assist them in leading fairly normal lives. By investigating other possibilities, does not mean that these persons will jump right into the non-traditional mindset. To expect people to do this is fantasy. I'm looking for real answers to real problems, and these answers should be answered by competent persons, not those whose interest is to fill their wallets with ill-gotten gains at the expense of those suffering from HCV.It seems anytime anyone questions those who disgorge their claims, that all though they have HCV, they in fact will live forever, because they are unique, their answers usually contain a reference to the questioner being a pharmer or some other such nonsense. From these persons you may have got the impression that I favor one style of TX over another. This is not the case, as I'm an intelligent person, who has far more education than others who feel the need to present their educational status when queried. I'm just looking for the truth. In looking for the truth, I have been attacked, threatened, accused of murder and been called all sorts of derogative names. All this from those who claim to live lifestyles that would seem to disfavor this kind of activity. They are always wishing folks peace and happiness, when in fact their comments suggest the opposite. From these comments one can only imagine what the protocols they ingest has on their physical and emotional well-being. It would make one most hesitant to indulge in whatever they are taking as it would seem to render them mentally, emotionally and spiritually unbalanced.Respect is something one is not granted because they claim something. It is conditional and not earned by adding silly letters to the end of ones name, in an effort to command instant respect. The number of people in the alternative health field who have used this formula to market their products has resulted in those like myself being slightly skeptical of anyone who uses or promotes their products for the HCV condition. This is what they have earned. I didn't do it; they did by using those who were not in a position to question their wares. This is your problem, not mine, so excuse me if I feel the need to request real evidence as to claims of cures etc.andy> > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

This one needs no reply...your doing fine all by yourself Satya.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

Guest guest

What program are you following? I am reading Dr. Pagano now but can't imagine

it becoming a part of my life but then I never say never. Cheri

[ ] results

After one week of new supplements (milk thistle and bromelain) and nightly

coffee enemas, I cannot believe the reduction in pain and swelling and the

increase in energy.

The last few months, going down stairs required a firm grip on the handrail to

take the weight off my right knee. I don't even notice the level of pain now.

My two sausage toes (one 6 months old and the other three months) have almost

returned to normal and are almost the same color as my other toes.

Unfortunately, I tried three things at once, so I don't know which one or what

combo is responsible. Of course, with this disease, it could also have just

been my time to feel better. If I were to guess, however, I would say it is the

coffee enema. Although I dreaded this like the plague, it is not bad at all. I

look forward to the way I feel after. The author of the book said it was almost

immediate relief from pain. I do it right before crawling in to bed for the

night.

I am about ready to give up Vioxx and replace it with white willow bark. I'll

keep you posted.

Ks Di

Guest guest

You made reference to a book by Dr. Pagano in your email. I would like the

title and/or a bit more information about the book.

I am interested in life style andor diet change that can help in the

management of PA. The meds don't seem to be that permanent an answer.

Phyllis, the book is " Healing Psoriasis the Natural Alternative " . I am

reading it this weekend. It had been mentioned here from time to time so

thought I would find out about it. I always take these theories with a grain of

salt but it is intriguing to think we can control a disease with such simple

approaches. Anyway, the author is Dr. O.A. Pagano.

Guest guest

Guys,

Below is the results and a short message from a friend on my

small " Fibromyalgia " list. This lady has got many of the same

symptoms I have-- muscle pain, sleep disorders, fatigue, etc. and has

just received the results of her thyroid check. I said I'd send the

results to you. What does anybody here advise?

Gail

Ok, I received the test results copy today. Here they are:

T-3 UPTAKE 31.5 Ref Range 25.0-35.0 % UPTAKE

T-4 TOTAL 7.0 Ref Range 4.5-12.0 MCG/DL

FREE THYROXINE INDEX 2.21 Ref Range 1.12-4.20

TSH 2.71 Ref Range 0.40-5.5 MU/L

TSH 1.86 March 9, 2004 test.

So, that is the story. Copied just as the results have it.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I think I will have the

specialist

look at it and get a second opinion.

If this is completely " normal " then what???????

The pain is getting to be too much. IF this is just plain ole'

Arthritis

and/or FMS I think it is getting time to do something different. I

can keep

working with the thought of getting on Thyroid pills and feeling

better (yes, I

know, in time), but if I don't have that to look forward to I don't

think I can

go on working like this. I can hardly get up and down and that is

required of

my job. I just don't know where to turn next.

--- End forwarded message ---

Guest guest

Hi, Tell your friend to have her doctor test her for thyroid antibodies,

specifically, anti-TPO antibodies. She may have Hashimoto's Disease. If she has

all the symptoms of hypoT but a " normal " TSH, then it's likely she has Hashi's.

Treatment is the same as for hypoT...thyroid hormones. Good luck to her, Sheila

& Gail on <harrison@...> wrote:Guys,

Below is the results and a short message from a friend on my

small " Fibromyalgia " list. This lady has got many of the same

symptoms I have-- muscle pain, sleep disorders, fatigue, etc. and has

just received the results of her thyroid check. I said I'd send the

results to you. What does anybody here advise?

Gail

Ok, I received the test results copy today. Here they are:

T-3 UPTAKE 31.5 Ref Range 25.0-35.0 % UPTAKE

T-4 TOTAL 7.0 Ref Range 4.5-12.0 MCG/DL

FREE THYROXINE INDEX 2.21 Ref Range 1.12-4.20

TSH 2.71 Ref Range 0.40-5.5 MU/L

TSH 1.86 March 9, 2004 test.

So, that is the story. Copied just as the results have it.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I think I will have the

specialist

look at it and get a second opinion.

If this is completely " normal " then what???????

The pain is getting to be too much. IF this is just plain ole'

Arthritis

and/or FMS I think it is getting time to do something different. I

can keep

working with the thought of getting on Thyroid pills and feeling

better (yes, I

know, in time), but if I don't have that to look forward to I don't

think I can

go on working like this. I can hardly get up and down and that is

required of

my job. I just don't know where to turn next.

--- End forwarded message ---

Guest guest

Fibro patients always are told they are " normal " on tests. The info is

somewhere, maybe http://www.drlowe.com ?? She will feel better on thyroid

meds with T3 in them.

Gracia

> Guys,

> Below is the results and a short message from a friend on my

> small " Fibromyalgia " list. This lady has got many of the same

> symptoms I have-- muscle pain, sleep disorders, fatigue, etc. and has

> just received the results of her thyroid check. I said I'd send the

> results to you. What does anybody here advise?

> Gail

>

>

> Ok, I received the test results copy today. Here they are:

> T-3 UPTAKE 31.5 Ref Range 25.0-35.0 % UPTAKE

> T-4 TOTAL 7.0 Ref Range 4.5-12.0 MCG/DL

> FREE THYROXINE INDEX 2.21 Ref Range 1.12-4.20

> TSH 2.71 Ref Range 0.40-5.5 MU/L

> TSH 1.86 March 9, 2004 test.

>

> So, that is the story. Copied just as the results have it.

> Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I think I will have the

> specialist

> look at it and get a second opinion.

> If this is completely " normal " then what???????

> The pain is getting to be too much. IF this is just plain ole'

> Arthritis

> and/or FMS I think it is getting time to do something different. I

> can keep

> working with the thought of getting on Thyroid pills and feeling

> better (yes, I

> know, in time), but if I don't have that to look forward to I don't

> think I can

> go on working like this. I can hardly get up and down and that is

> required of

> my job. I just don't know where to turn next.

> --- End forwarded message ---

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks Gracia,

This is one of the first websites I found, before coming onto this

list. It is excellent, and I have sent it on.

Gail

>

> Fibro patients always are told they are " normal " on tests. The

info is

> somewhere, maybe http://www.drlowe.com ?? She will feel better on

thyroid

> meds with T3 in them.

> Gracia

>

> >

Guest guest

LOL, Kathy. Damn that Tom! What next?

Not an MD

I'll tell you where to go!

Mayo Clinic in Rochester

http://www.mayoclinic.org/rochester

s Hopkins Medicine

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org

[ ] results

> well my results are in. he is 4 inches and i've named him tom!! i have a

> uterine fibroid! boy all of a sudden he has really wanted to show himself.

> i

> could feel it all night.

>

> kathy in il

Guest guest

hopefully something equally as fun!!! i wouldn't want it any other way!!! ok

i'm really stretching here!!!

kathy in il

Guest guest

Unless you live in the UK doing shots every month is to me criminal. Putting

you on a roller coaster ride up after the shot and down low until the next one.

Also the converson to E2 Estradiol this is a road to disaster. No one can start

to feel better on this. Please go to this site and read TRT: A Recipe for

Success and the HCG Update is at the bottom of the site.

www.allthingsmale.com

Phil

guesser12001 <guesser12001@...> wrote:

I have had a testosterone shot every month for the past 3 months. I

have had severe depression for a long time and was referred to a

urologist who said my blood test showed a slightly low T level. He had

no qualms at all about giving me the T. At the same time I began a

serious exercise and walking program. Although I was steadily getting

stronger and more fit, I didn't really notice anything different in the

way I felt until the other morning. I got up and felt better and

stronger than I have in years. I feel the old confidence coming back.

I have lost 40 pounds and am very happy with the treatments.

I have a question. Do any of you have any opinions about whether a

shot once a month at the doc's or a patch or cream or giving youself

shots will give better results? For instance, does a shot give a full

month's worth or does it diminish in effectiveness over time?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

G

Guest guest

Hey Phil,

That is still criminal regardless of where you live, even the

British are human, well sometimes and they play cricket.

Later.

Magenta.

> I have had a testosterone shot every month for the past 3

months. I

> have had severe depression for a long time and was referred to a

> urologist who said my blood test showed a slightly low T level. He

had

> no qualms at all about giving me the T. At the same time I began a

> serious exercise and walking program. Although I was steadily

getting

> stronger and more fit, I didn't really notice anything different

in the

> way I felt until the other morning. I got up and felt better and

> stronger than I have in years. I feel the old confidence coming

back.

> I have lost 40 pounds and am very happy with the treatments.

>

> I have a question. Do any of you have any opinions about whether a

> shot once a month at the doc's or a patch or cream or giving

youself

> shots will give better results? For instance, does a shot give a

full

> month's worth or does it diminish in effectiveness over time?

>

> Thanks in advance for any advice.

>

> G

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Guesser,

In 1971 I was told to inject myself once a month with 200mg, or

one CC of Depotestosterone, for the rest of my life. I did so, once a

month until 2003 when I stumbled across this forum and quickly got

educated on doing it more often with a smaller dose. Now, I inject

about a half a CC, or 100mg into my upper thigh every 8 or nine days or

so. Most men self inject on the once a week program. I was treated

four times in my life for depression, all in my opinion because of

being on the initial rush of tesosterone from a shot, and then the

rapid fall off over the next three weeks until the next shot. This

yoyoing plays hell with both your brain and your body. Injecting

testosterone is the cheapest way to go by far, and doing it yourself

saves the constant hassle, and expense, or having to go to your doctors

to have it done. It is so easy to do. But, the guys are telling you

right, you and I and everyone else is MUCH better off maintaining a

level, constant, and reasonable amount of testosterone, not too much,

and certainly not too little. Please discuss self injecting once a week

or so 100mg or one half of one CC with your doc.

Best to you, and please let us know whats going on!

Norton

Guest guest

Hey Guesser - How much do you get every month? It is becoming standard practice

to inject a smaller amount more frequently. Also, the reduced dose minimizes the

conversion to estradiol (E2) which in high concentrations is not good for you

either. I started self injecting and it is my preferred method. I inject ~ 60 mg

every 7 days (0.3 cc) of the Depo (200 mg/cc). The body likes consistency and

will take several weeks to stabilize usually. When you decide to make a change,

give it 4-6 weeks before making another change. Just my 2 cents.

Arkansas

guesser12001 <guesser12001@...> wrote:

I have had a testosterone shot every month for the past 3 months. I

have had severe depression for a long time and was referred to a

urologist who said my blood test showed a slightly low T level. He had

no qualms at all about giving me the T. At the same time I began a

serious exercise and walking program. Although I was steadily getting

stronger and more fit, I didn't really notice anything different in the

way I felt until the other morning. I got up and felt better and

stronger than I have in years. I feel the old confidence coming back.

I have lost 40 pounds and am very happy with the treatments.

I have a question. Do any of you have any opinions about whether a

shot once a month at the doc's or a patch or cream or giving youself

shots will give better results? For instance, does a shot give a full

month's worth or does it diminish in effectiveness over time?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

G