RemedySpot.com

Re: We are losing the war on terror!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Noooo...go back there and reread...well, if my english is bad and leading to this understanding of yours, I promise I will correct that. If not, you misread me.

For your confort I went back there and found it

"If I sadi british were anti american I guess I was then a bit out of my mind. What I said is that people in my place, most, are anti american-. An artcle I sent Tom explains that a little better. In fact not just us: the day that the twin towers went down I was watching a french chanel, and the french too believed that it is US fault to be attacked.

These days my husband was in the USA for a meeting in California and then there was no flight to come back home. I was so scared...all that was a shock for everybody.

But then, to relax me from the fear, I went that night to hear a lady from Australia who was here lecturing. While she was lecturing she said maybe US would learn compassion from this experience, as it has always been a brutal nation.

(she came back here the folowing year and she started political issues again, in spite of not being political the reason we went to hear her, and then again she pointed white house was wrong in this and that. I even wrote her an email asking her that I thought she was wrong in some of her views...but she disagrees)"...

Marilia

Say whatever you like Marilia,

The point you originally made was that the majority of Australian and British were "anti-USA"

which was a silly statement. Not you, the statement.

Then I asked if you lived in either Australia or the UK. Then you said you'd been to the UK.

Then you tried to justify everything you wrote, no need to, I got your jist in a couple of sentences.

Hey, but what would I know.

Shaun.Marilia Tavares <marilia.trp@...> wrote:

Well, folks, after Tom suggested we should not go on in this converstion I decided not even read the posts related to this subject, after I was called silly and delusional, which I find it is a bad argument.

(argument here, as it has a few meanings, doesn´t mean fight or debate. When I say bad argument I mean more a poor way to defend one´s views)

But well, decided for some reason read the post people found offensive...maybe I will not find this one offensive as I found the other one using the words silly and delusional.

(by the way, it is curious what words people in certain places use to offend people. Once a was at a psychologist house and she was annoyed with her brother and the words she chose to offend him was 'squizofrenic' and stuff like that). In all the lists I participated is the first time someone called me silly and delusional was in this list. Interesting!

OK Marilia if you want to play the semantics game,

So you lived in the States for one year

Also I didnt say been to London, I said lived in London. How long where your stays in the UK

Now I realise Marilia you might see yourself as super smart, remember, there is always someone smarter

How dare I , having lived in Australia for over 28 years and having lived in the USA for 7 and the UK for 4, assume I may know about these countries

Yet lia is right, show knows more

Must be hard to know everything huh Marilia

I did not say I knew more, I said I did not believe one necessarily had to live in a place in order to know certain things about that place. If I believed that I would have to believe no one could ever speak anything, nowadays, on ancient Greece, or talk about how things are in Iraq, unless been there. No one could know of atom unless that person had actually seen it, touched it, or know anything about whatever in the space if that person had never been there.

I know many people from my country, or many people from other specific country, and each has different views on that same place, in spite of living all their lives there.

How can you explain that?

While I was in the States I was invited once for a literature class at Madison university when some students would expose somehting they studied of an author from my country and students were all americans...and I was amazed on how many details they knew about this authour and the period he lived...most who live here do not know.

After one year we lived abroad in a school everyone was local my aspie kid got first in the class in their language, which he had never studied before and that language his class mates have spoken all their lives-and in their history.

So, when you asked me how many years I lived in these places as this could be credentials for what one would post, if that in itself could give someone 'authority' in the subject...in my reply I said not that I was smarter than anyone else, but that this in itself is poor reasoning

I suggest Marilia that federal elections are a good example of what the people are thinking

Well, am not sure to what part of my post this is related....

Nowadyas there is all evidence that our president has lots to do with corruption, but some classes do not believe so and will vote for him next year. We all live here...each believes to know the truth.

Just like it was in Iraq

Shaun

Where do you live Marilia?

I have already posted this, but I guess you missed it.

http://www.riodejaneirovirtual.com/

Guest guest

Marilia, as the old adage goes, "you can see a person by the company they keep."

Marilia Tavares <marilia.trp@...> wrote:

Noooo...go back there and reread...well, if my english is bad and leading to this understanding of yours, I promise I will correct that. If not, you misread me.

For your confort I went back there and found it

"If I sadi british were anti american I guess I was then a bit out of my mind. What I said is that people in my place, most, are anti american-. An artcle I sent Tom explains that a little better. In fact not just us: the day that the twin towers went down I was watching a french chanel, and the french too believed that it is US fault to be attacked.

These days my husband was in the USA for a meeting in California and then there was no flight to come back home. I was so scared...all that was a shock for everybody.

But then, to relax me from the fear, I went that night to hear a lady from Australia who was here lecturing. While she was lecturing she said maybe US would learn compassion from this experience, as it has always been a brutal nation.

(she came back here the folowing year and she started political issues again, in spite of not being political the reason we went to hear her, and then again she pointed white house was wrong in this and that. I even wrote her an email asking her that I thought she was wrong in some of her views...but she disagrees)"...

Marilia

The point you originally made was that the majority of Australian and British were "anti-USA"

Then I asked if you lived in either Australia or the UK. Then you said you'd been to the UK.

Then you tried to justify everything you wrote, no need to, I got your jist in a couple of sentences.

Well, folks, after Tom suggested we should not go on in this converstion I decided not even read the posts related to this subject, after I was called silly and delusional, which I find it is a bad argument.

(argument here, as it has a few meanings, doesn´t mean fight or debate. When I say bad argument I mean more a poor way to defend one´s views)

But well, decided for some reason read the post people found offensive...maybe I will not find this one offensive as I found the other one using the words silly and delusional.

(by the way, it is curious what words people in certain places use to offend people. Once a was at a psychologist house and she was annoyed with her brother and the words she chose to offend him was 'squizofrenic' and stuff like that). In all the lists I participated is the first time someone called me silly and delusional was in this list. Interesting!

Also I didnt say been to London, I said lived in London. How long where your stays in the UK

Now I realise Marilia you might see yourself as super smart, remember, there is always someone smarter

How dare I , having lived in Australia for over 28 years and having lived in the USA for 7 and the UK for 4, assume I may know about these countries

I did not say I knew more, I said I did not believe one necessarily had to live in a place in order to know certain things about that place. If I believed that I would have to believe no one could ever speak anything, nowadays, on ancient Greece, or talk about how things are in Iraq, unless been there. No one could know of atom unless that person had actually seen it, touched it, or know anything about whatever in the space if that person had never been there.

I know many people from my country, or many people from other specific country, and each has different views on that same place, in spite of living all their lives there.

While I was in the States I was invited once for a literature class at Madison university when some students would expose somehting they studied of an author from my country and students were all americans...and I was amazed on how many details they knew about this authour and the period he lived...most who live here do not know.

After one year we lived abroad in a school everyone was local my aspie kid got first in the class in their language, which he had never studied before and that language his class mates have spoken all their lives-and in their history.

So, when you asked me how many years I lived in these places as this could be credentials for what one would post, if that in itself could give someone 'authority' in the subject...in my reply I said not that I was smarter than anyone else, but that this in itself is poor reasoning

I suggest Marilia that federal elections are a good example of what the people are thinking

Nowadyas there is all evidence that our president has lots to do with corruption, but some classes do not believe so and will vote for him next year. We all live here...each believes to know the truth.

Just like it was in Iraq

Shaun

Guest guest

The choice is that there is no choice. You still have to attend the voting booth by legal coercion.

Murdoch was fairly balanced in his media representation but Rupert is another case again. The fact is that he has opened sided with one party against another and no I vote against that party myself. Rival news outlets of course paint him a devil rather obliquely and there has been a lot of study of his news practises with Fox news in the US, Britain and Australia but the summiing up would be best described by teh practise of all his outlets to defer opinion solely to his viewpoint away from that of his Editors. Free media for ONE man. Even state controlled outlets like PRAVDA had a board. Whether he sponsors charities or not does not ameliate his business practises. Even though his views reflect a lot of my own I feel uncomfortable with his News monopoly within his empire.

For the record Im 41 and voted National Party up to about two elections ago in the seat covering borough QLD and since have refused to vote.

EvanS W <scwmachinations@...> wrote:

Evan it is not a choice by knifepoint at all. You have the choice to do a "donkey" vote to express your sentiment. What you say about Rupert Murdoch is totally spurious and I don't know where you get your information from. Maybe another rival newspaper.

In fact I have been a regular at the American and Australian Club set up by Murdoch. They sponsor exceptional academics and scholars from Australia, usually young people.

They also had a benefit for tsnuami relief.

How old are you Evan?

I bet you vote independant parties.

Shaun.__________________________________________________

Guest guest

>Evan writes:  "..... since have refused to vote."You're the man!!! I'm with ya all the way. The only man I ever voted FOR ran on a platform to abolish the office if he won.  Rainbow

Guest guest

Very interesting your comment. So, everyone you hang with or have seen lecturing, etc, have to think exatcly like you do in every way....

Great point that.

Well, guess I have nothing to add to you, then....

Marilia

Just like it was in Iraq

Shaun

Guest guest

Hi all warring factions,

At the end of the day no matter where we are from we all here have more in common I believe with each other than we have with general members of the public in our respective homelands that we bump into everyday. It pains me to see infighting when we should be forwarding our interests together. I myself enjoy a good political discussion more than anyone but cant and wont put down another aspie. Bury the hatchet (not in each others heads) and chill out.

EvanMarilia Tavares <marilia.trp@...> wrote:

Very interesting your comment. So, everyone you hang with or have seen lecturing, etc, have to think exatcly like you do in every way....

Great point that.

Well, guess I have nothing to add to you, then....

Marilia

Just like it was in Iraq

Shaun