RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

New to Group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Melynda: Yes, you were missed so much, and so important to all of

us. I keep praying that you will get out of all that terrible pain.

You have suffered much too long. Yes, you certainly have helped lots of

people here. Now we will help you all we can. You are much loved, and

have been such a good friend to me.

I will call you Sun. or Monday. I look forward to our chatting. Say

hello to Alyssa and for me. I know it is hot as h

> > > >

> > > > hi roby, welcome to our group. i hope you get some info. that

> might

> > > > help you.

> > > > god bless,melynda gamez

> > >

> > > _

> > >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

instead of preschool, you should check out your elementary school to see if they

have a program you qualify for. When we were done with early intervention, that

was the next step. It is a program specifically for speech issues. He was

approved for 5 days a week for 3 hours, on top of that, they are giving him

speech therapy one on one 3 days a week. I am about to have him tested to see if

he qualifies for an ot/pt for his sensory issues.

>

> Hi and welcome!

>

> My son is 2 and also has apraxia and sensory issues. In addition to

speech twice a week, he does OT with an OT who specializes in sensory issues.

Guest guest

Hi Sharen,

Boy does your story sound familiar! We hear it all too often, and I'm

sorry for that. I wish you didn't have to suffer in the same way that

so many women have after getting breast implants of any kind.

All of this is very common, and it is not a good thing at all...your

body is laboring under the burden of those implants, and your immune

system may be very negatively affected...sometimes for life. It is not

something to play around with.

I am glad to hear that you are under the care of a holistic doctor.

They are the most knowledgeable and most effective in understanding what

is going on with us and how to deal with it. You are on the right

track.

I wish there was an easy answer to confirm it is the implants making you

ill...but it is just not that simple. That is why there has been court

cases and lawsuits stuck in some kind of strange limboland

forever...because the manufacturer's have exploited the fact that the

implants can't be PROVEN to have caused all of these symptoms and

illnesses for women. If we had a few simple tests to do to point

directly to the implants, the manufacturers would have been in deep doo

doo a long time ago, and women would have won in court easily. I

WISH!!!! Alot of suffering could have been avoided.

So, the mystery remains and women all over the planet are getting sick

from their implants and nobody really quite understands it or cares

enough in the medical world to stop the insanity. Thus the need for

support groups like this one.

You can get tests for autoimmunity...these are the most common areas of

concern for women getting sick from implants. Many women have

autoimmune thyroid disease, such as Hashimoto's, some have lupus, some

have ms-like diseases, a few have gotten sjogren's syndrome, or

scleroderma....fibromyalgia is rampant, as is chronic fatigue syndrome

or multiple chemical sensitivity. Connective tissue disease is another

term used for our particular kind of autoimmunity.

so, any tests in this area might reveal something. Although there are

many women who have completely normal blood tests while feeling like

they are ready to die. This reason alone makes me believe that

hormonal issues are huge.

There is also a possibility of parasites, overloads of fungus, viruses,

or other pathogens that are subclinical in nature.

I hope this helps you get started on the pathway to healing and a

greater understanding of what is happening with you. It is going to be

important for you to consider completely removing the implants for good.

I say this because in the long run, breast implants do nothing at all to

contribute toward good health, and as we get older, well, let's just say

that it never gets any easier to stay in good health. Every advantage we

can get is a good one, and breast implants just gotta go eventually.

The safest route is to be completely implant free for life.

I wish you well, and welcome. I hope you find our group enlightening.

Warmly,

Patty

>

> Hi-

>

> I'm Sharen, a 48 y.o. with saline implants (BA in July 2008). In

February 2009, I started to develop panic attacks, depression, inability

to handle stress, hypersensitivity to noise, MS-like symptoms of

alternating pain and feeling like my legs were going to sleep, muscle

twitching, insomnia, nightsweats, fatigue, digestive problems. I have

undergone all kinds of testing for thyroid, hormones, etc. and am

actually getting a little better under the care of a holistic M.D. here

in Virginia. I still have problems with insomnia, depression and some

anxiety, as well as the nightsweats. These problems were originally

attributed to fluctuating hormones and adrenal insufficiency, but I'm

starting to wonder if my body may be reacting to the silicone bags

housing the saline. My question is: What tests do I have my doctor

request to find out if my implants are causing me problems? Thanks!

>

Guest guest

Dear Patty,

I've been reading your responses to other people who are suffering with all these problems and really wanted to say: Bless your heart for taking your time out to help others and create awareness for what implants can do one's health. I've been considering implants for several years and after reading your blogs I got convinced to stay from implants. Thanks for so much for your kind hearted advices! I will continue to recommend this group to my friends who are considering implants.

We just have to remember that we're all beautiful naturally :)

From: glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401@...>Subject: Re: New to Group Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 5:44 PM

Hi Sharen,Boy does your story sound familiar! We hear it all too often, and I'msorry for that. I wish you didn't have to suffer in the same way thatso many women have after getting breast implants of any kind.All of this is very common, and it is not a good thing at all...yourbody is laboring under the burden of those implants, and your immunesystem may be very negatively affected...sometime s for life. It is notsomething to play around with.I am glad to hear that you are under the care of a holistic doctor. They are the most knowledgeable and most effective in understanding whatis going on with us and how to deal with it. You are on the righttrack.I wish there was an easy answer to confirm it is the implants making youill...but it is just not that simple. That is why there has been courtcases and lawsuits stuck in some kind of strange limbolandforever...because the

manufacturer' s have exploited the fact that theimplants can't be PROVEN to have caused all of these symptoms andillnesses for women. If we had a few simple tests to do to pointdirectly to the implants, the manufacturers would have been in deep doodoo a long time ago, and women would have won in court easily. IWISH!!!! Alot of suffering could have been avoided.So, the mystery remains and women all over the planet are getting sickfrom their implants and nobody really quite understands it or caresenough in the medical world to stop the insanity. Thus the need forsupport groups like this one.You can get tests for autoimmunity. ..these are the most common areas ofconcern for women getting sick from implants. Many women haveautoimmune thyroid disease, such as Hashimoto's, some have lupus, somehave ms-like diseases, a few have gotten sjogren's syndrome, orscleroderma. ...fibromyalgia is rampant,

as is chronic fatigue syndromeor multiple chemical sensitivity. Connective tissue disease is anotherterm used for our particular kind of autoimmunity.so, any tests in this area might reveal something. Although there aremany women who have completely normal blood tests while feeling likethey are ready to die. This reason alone makes me believe thathormonal issues are huge.There is also a possibility of parasites, overloads of fungus, viruses,or other pathogens that are subclinical in nature.I hope this helps you get started on the pathway to healing and agreater understanding of what is happening with you. It is going to beimportant for you to consider completely removing the implants for good.I say this because in the long run, breast implants do nothing at all tocontribute toward good health, and as we get older, well, let's just saythat it never gets any easier to stay in good health.

Every advantage wecan get is a good one, and breast implants just gotta go eventually. The safest route is to be completely implant free for life.I wish you well, and welcome. I hope you find our group enlightening.Warmly,Patty>> Hi->> I'm Sharen, a 48 y.o. with saline implants (BA in July 2008). InFebruary 2009, I started to develop panic attacks, depression, inabilityto handle stress, hypersensitivity to noise, MS-like symptoms ofalternating pain and feeling like my legs were going to sleep, muscletwitching, insomnia, nightsweats, fatigue, digestive problems. I haveundergone all kinds of testing for thyroid, hormones, etc.

and amactually getting a little better under the care of a holistic M.D. herein Virginia. I still have problems with insomnia, depression and someanxiety, as well as the nightsweats. These problems were originallyattributed to fluctuating hormones and adrenal insufficiency, but I'mstarting to wonder if my body may be reacting to the silicone bagshousing the saline. My question is: What tests do I have my doctorrequest to find out if my implants are causing me problems? Thanks!>

Guest guest

My Dear Friend:

Welcome to this wonderful group of women. I am sorry that you are sick from your implants, and your symptoms are the same as mine. We hope that you will do some research on these devices, because you will find that many women are very sick from their breast implants.

Please stay close to us, and we will help you to get through this.

Sending love always...Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```````````

New to Group

Hi-

I'm Sharen, a 48 y.o. with saline implants (BA in July 2008). In February 2009, I started to develop panic attacks, depression, inability to handle stress, hypersensitivity to noise, MS-like symptoms of alternating pain and feeling like my legs were going to sleep, muscle twitching, insomnia, nightsweats, fatigue, digestive problems. I have undergone all kinds of testing for thyroid, hormones, etc. and am actually getting a little better under the care of a holistic M.D. here in Virginia. I still have problems with insomnia, depression and some anxiety, as well as the nightsweats. These problems were originally attributed to fluctuating hormones and adrenal insufficiency, but I'm starting to wonder if my body may be reacting to the silicone bags housing the saline. My question is: What tests do I have my doctor request to find out if my implants are causing me problems? Thanks!

Guest guest

What a truly kind letter and one that I am sure will bring joy to so many women,

knowing that you have made a wise choice to protect your health! You're a very

smart woman!

Thank you for such kind words, and thank you for being willing to help by

sharing the truth that breast implants are dangerous to your friends! Every

word spoken has an effect...and I pray that together, we make a difference in

the lives of thousands of women everywhere. You're wonderful!

God bless you!

Patty

> >

> > Hi-

> >

> > I'm Sharen, a 48 y.o. with saline implants (BA in July 2008). In

> February 2009, I started to develop panic attacks, depression, inability

> to handle stress, hypersensitivity to noise, MS-like symptoms of

> alternating pain and feeling like my legs were going to sleep, muscle

> twitching, insomnia, nightsweats, fatigue, digestive problems. I have

> undergone all kinds of testing for thyroid, hormones, etc. and am

> actually getting a little better under the care of a holistic M.D. here

> in Virginia. I still have problems with insomnia, depression and some

> anxiety, as well as the nightsweats. These problems were originally

> attributed to fluctuating hormones and adrenal insufficiency, but I'm

> starting to wonder if my body may be reacting to the silicone bags

> housing the saline. My question is: What tests do I have my doctor

> request to find out if my implants are causing me problems? Thanks!

> >

>

Guest guest

Thanks Patty-

I've spoken with my MD today and he is willing to do the testing. I did have other issues going on in my life (a lot of stress) which is also a factor. With adrenal issues, it is hard to say what causes them....can be attributable to many causes. I already had underlying Hashimoto's and have been on hormone replacement since 1996 (planning on switching to Armour natural thyroid as soon as it becomes more readily available). I must point out that I am recovering and many of my most severe symptoms have gone away, which leads me to hope and my doctor to believe that, for now, the implants may not be affecting me adversely, but it doesn't hurt to test to make sure. And since I saw a common thread among the symptoms, I thought I should doublecheck. It should be noted that late-stage Lyme disease can cause many of these symptoms and I hope that others in this community make sure that they get tested for that.

But, as you say, the implants aren't forever, so I've also contacted my plastic surgeon's office about explantation, should I decide to go that route.

Thank you so much for your kind reply and information!

Sharen

From: glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401@...>Subject: Re: New to Group Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 8:44 PM

Hi Sharen,Boy does your story sound familiar! We hear it all too often, and I'msorry for that. I wish you didn't have to suffer in the same way thatso many women have after getting breast implants of any kind.All of this is very common, and it is not a good thing at all...yourbody is laboring under the burden of those implants, and your immunesystem may be very negatively affected...sometime s for life. It is notsomething to play around with.I am glad to hear that you are under the care of a holistic doctor. They are the most knowledgeable and most effective in understanding whatis going on with us and how to deal with it. You are on the righttrack.I wish there was an easy answer to confirm it is the implants making youill...but it is just not that simple. That is why there has been courtcases and lawsuits stuck in some kind of strange limbolandforever...because the

manufacturer' s have exploited the fact that theimplants can't be PROVEN to have caused all of these symptoms andillnesses for women. If we had a few simple tests to do to pointdirectly to the implants, the manufacturers would have been in deep doodoo a long time ago, and women would have won in court easily. IWISH!!!! Alot of suffering could have been avoided.So, the mystery remains and women all over the planet are getting sickfrom their implants and nobody really quite understands it or caresenough in the medical world to stop the insanity. Thus the need forsupport groups like this one.You can get tests for autoimmunity. ..these are the most common areas ofconcern for women getting sick from implants. Many women haveautoimmune thyroid disease, such as Hashimoto's, some have lupus, somehave ms-like diseases, a few have gotten sjogren's syndrome, orscleroderma. ...fibromyalgia is rampant,

as is chronic fatigue syndromeor multiple chemical sensitivity. Connective tissue disease is anotherterm used for our particular kind of autoimmunity.so, any tests in this area might reveal something. Although there aremany women who have completely normal blood tests while feeling likethey are ready to die. This reason alone makes me believe thathormonal issues are huge.There is also a possibility of parasites, overloads of fungus, viruses,or other pathogens that are subclinical in nature.I hope this helps you get started on the pathway to healing and agreater understanding of what is happening with you. It is going to beimportant for you to consider completely removing the implants for good.I say this because in the long run, breast implants do nothing at all tocontribute toward good health, and as we get older, well, let's just saythat it never gets any easier to stay in good health.

Every advantage wecan get is a good one, and breast implants just gotta go eventually. The safest route is to be completely implant free for life.I wish you well, and welcome. I hope you find our group enlightening.Warmly,Patty>> Hi->> I'm Sharen, a 48 y.o. with saline implants (BA in July 2008). InFebruary 2009, I started to develop panic attacks, depression, inabilityto handle stress, hypersensitivity to noise, MS-like symptoms ofalternating pain and feeling like my legs were going to sleep, muscletwitching, insomnia, nightsweats, fatigue, digestive problems. I haveundergone all kinds of testing for thyroid, hormones, etc.

and amactually getting a little better under the care of a holistic M.D. herein Virginia. I still have problems with insomnia, depression and someanxiety, as well as the nightsweats. These problems were originallyattributed to fluctuating hormones and adrenal insufficiency, but I'mstarting to wonder if my body may be reacting to the silicone bagshousing the saline. My question is: What tests do I have my doctorrequest to find out if my implants are causing me problems? Thanks!>

Guest guest

Thank you so much Lea. I am getting some better, but I'm still going to undergo the testing to rule it out.

Sharen

From: Lea <leamary@...>Subject: Re: New to Group Date: Thursday, September 17, 2009, 9:54 AM

My Dear Friend:

Welcome to this wonderful group of women. I am sorry that you are sick from your implants, and your symptoms are the same as mine. We hope that you will do some research on these devices, because you will find that many women are very sick from their breast implants.

Please stay close to us, and we will help you to get through this.

Sending love always...Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~`` `````````

New to Group

Hi-

I'm Sharen, a 48 y.o. with saline implants (BA in July 2008). In February 2009, I started to develop panic attacks, depression, inability to handle stress, hypersensitivity to noise, MS-like symptoms of alternating pain and feeling like my legs were going to sleep, muscle twitching, insomnia, nightsweats, fatigue, digestive problems. I have undergone all kinds of testing for thyroid, hormones, etc. and am actually getting a little better under the care of a holistic M.D. here in Virginia. I still have problems with insomnia, depression and some anxiety, as well as the nightsweats. These problems were originally attributed to fluctuating hormones and adrenal insufficiency, but I'm starting to wonder if my body may be reacting to the silicone bags housing the saline. My question is: What tests do I have my doctor request to find out if my implants are causing me problems?

Thanks!

Guest guest

Hi Sharen. I had all of your symptoms! I spent 4 years trying to find other

causes for this myriad of symptoms. I've spent many thousands of dollars and a

huge amount of time with holistic doctors and research and all. My constant

detox, holistic helpers, and all .. did help .. but they essentially kept me

functioning. But, I was spiralling down a path towards increasingly poor

health. And, I was so afraid I would completely lose my brainpower before I

could try to piece together what was wrong.

I suspected the implants for almost 4 years, but I didn't have them removed

until 2 months ago. It was a very hard decision, but I am SO glad I had the

explant. It has been the single best thing I've done to improve my health. I

am already so much better! My brain function and energy are back.

Here are some words of wisdom from some smart doctors:

1. People with Hashmimoto's should not have implants

2. It's not a matter of IF your body will reject your implants, it is only a

matter of WHEN

I think you are lucky that you have connected the dots fairly quickly. Be

careful not to wait too long as I did. Our bodies can only handle so much

toxicity and carrying around silicone sacs just doesn't work for many of us.

Good luck,

>

> Hi-

> �

> I'm Sharen, a 48 y.o. with saline implants (BA in July 2008).� In February

2009, I started to develop panic attacks, depression, inability to handle

stress, hypersensitivity to noise, MS-like symptoms of alternating pain and

feeling like my legs were going to sleep, muscle twitching, insomnia,

nightsweats, fatigue, digestive problems.�� I have undergone all kinds of

testing for thyroid, hormones, etc. and am actually getting a little better

under the care of a holistic M.D. here in Virginia.� I still have problems

with insomnia, depression and some anxiety, as well as the nightsweats.� These

problems were originally attributed to fluctuating hormones and adrenal

insufficiency, but I'm starting to wonder if my body may be reacting to the

silicone bags housing the saline.� My question is:� What tests do I have my

doctor request to find out if my implants are causing me problems?� Thanks!

>

Guest guest

Sharen,

Since there are no tests to see if it is the implants causing your symptoms,

what tests is your MD talking about?

Stress is certainly an issue for many people and can cause all kinds of

problems, especially in our chemically, hormone laden world...and think about

this for a second: Implants are a form of stress to your body, as it fights

them 24/7. The immune system is always on alert against this foreign body

inside you, creating stress of its own.

I've taken Armour thyroid for years...it is readily available right now, but the

secret is in finding a doctor willing to prescribe it for you. Many doctors

prefer using the synthetics, such as Synthroid. There are other natural thyroid

meds out there, such as Westhroid, or Naturethroid.

http://thyroid.about.com/cs/thyroiddrugs/a/naturals.htm

Lyme disease is considered often because the symptoms are so similar, but in

reality, it is rare to actually have Lyme disease. Many people are not exposed

to ticks. I'm a hunter's wife and even I've rarely been exposed to ticks, and

I've spent many summers out in the wilderness!

The truth is that implants, for reasons of political expedience alone, are often

the last reason to be considered for ailing health by medical professionals,

when it should be one of the first! It should never be forgotten that politics

is a powerful force in every area of our life, because it centers on power,

greed, and money. And that includes in the sacred field of healing, where money

drives many decisions, much to our horror and dismay.

I'm glad to hear you are considering explant as a possible course of action. In

our experienc, it is the best one.

Take care and God bless!

Patty

> >

> > Hi-

> >

> > I'm Sharen, a 48 y.o. with saline implants (BA in July 2008). In

> February 2009, I started to develop panic attacks, depression, inability

> to handle stress, hypersensitivity to noise, MS-like symptoms of

> alternating pain and feeling like my legs were going to sleep, muscle

> twitching, insomnia, nightsweats, fatigue, digestive problems. I have

> undergone all kinds of testing for thyroid, hormones, etc. and am

> actually getting a little better under the care of a holistic M.D. here

> in Virginia. I still have problems with insomnia, depression and some

> anxiety, as well as the nightsweats. These problems were originally

> attributed to fluctuating hormones and adrenal insufficiency, but I'm

> starting to wonder if my body may be reacting to the silicone bags

> housing the saline. My question is: What tests do I have my doctor

> request to find out if my implants are causing me problems? Thanks!

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi -

Thanks for your email. I do have Hashimoto's. I see my doctor Wednesday and hopefully will get set up to have my testing done.

Thanks again!

Sharen

From: <vioneering@...>Subject: Re: New to Group Date: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 11:31 PM

Hi Sharen. I had all of your symptoms! I spent 4 years trying to find other causes for this myriad of symptoms. I've spent many thousands of dollars and a huge amount of time with holistic doctors and research and all. My constant detox, holistic helpers, and all .. did help .. but they essentially kept me functioning. But, I was spiralling down a path towards increasingly poor health. And, I was so afraid I would completely lose my brainpower before I could try to piece together what was wrong.I suspected the implants for almost 4 years, but I didn't have them removed until 2 months ago. It was a very hard decision, but I am SO glad I had the explant. It has been the single best thing I've done to improve my health. I am already so much better! My brain function and energy are back.Here are some words of wisdom from some smart doctors:1. People with Hashmimoto's should not have implants2. It's not a matter of IF your

body will reject your implants, it is only a matter of WHENI think you are lucky that you have connected the dots fairly quickly. Be careful not to wait too long as I did. Our bodies can only handle so much toxicity and carrying around silicone sacs just doesn't work for many of us. Good luck,>> Hi-> �> I'm Sharen, a 48 y.o. with saline implants (BA in July 2008).� In February 2009, I started to develop panic attacks, depression, inability to handle stress, hypersensitivity to noise, MS-like symptoms of alternating pain and feeling like my legs were going to sleep, muscle twitching, insomnia, nightsweats, fatigue, digestive

problems.�� I have undergone all kinds of testing for thyroid, hormones, etc. and am actually getting a little better under the care of a holistic M.D. here in Virginia.� I still have problems with insomnia, depression and some anxiety, as well as the nightsweats.� These problems were originally attributed to fluctuating hormones and adrenal insufficiency, but I'm starting to wonder if my body may be reacting to the silicone bags housing the saline.� My question is:� What tests do I have my doctor request to find out if my implants are causing me problems?� Thanks!>

Guest guest

Hi Patty-

I did find specific tests on the web being done to check for silicone poisoning and we also discussed testing for metal toxicity. He says it is a pretty good sign that I continue to get better that it is probably not the implants making me sick at this time, but as you say...it isn't a matter of if, but when.

My doctor plans on switching me to Armour thyroid, but the maker has on their website a notice regarding availability. He has had reports from his other patients who were having trouble getting it in our area. You're lucky that you haven't experienced this shortage at your pharmacy.

Thanks!

Sharen

From: glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401@...>Subject: Re: New to Group Date: Monday, September 21, 2009, 9:56 AM

Sharen,Since there are no tests to see if it is the implants causing your symptoms, what tests is your MD talking about?Stress is certainly an issue for many people and can cause all kinds of problems, especially in our chemically, hormone laden world...and think about this for a second: Implants are a form of stress to your body, as it fights them 24/7. The immune system is always on alert against this foreign body inside you, creating stress of its own.I've taken Armour thyroid for years...it is readily available right now, but the secret is in finding a doctor willing to prescribe it for you. Many doctors prefer using the synthetics, such as Synthroid. There are other natural thyroid meds out there, such as Westhroid, or Naturethroid. http://thyroid. about.com/ cs/thyroiddrugs/ a/naturals. htmLyme disease is

considered often because the symptoms are so similar, but in reality, it is rare to actually have Lyme disease. Many people are not exposed to ticks. I'm a hunter's wife and even I've rarely been exposed to ticks, and I've spent many summers out in the wilderness! The truth is that implants, for reasons of political expedience alone, are often the last reason to be considered for ailing health by medical professionals, when it should be one of the first! It should never be forgotten that politics is a powerful force in every area of our life, because it centers on power, greed, and money. And that includes in the sacred field of healing, where money drives many decisions, much to our horror and dismay. I'm glad to hear you are considering explant as a possible course of action. In our experienc, it is the best one.Take care and God bless!Patty> >> > Hi-> >> > I'm Sharen, a 48 y.o. with saline implants (BA in July 2008). In>

February 2009, I started to develop panic attacks, depression, inability> to handle stress, hypersensitivity to noise, MS-like symptoms of> alternating pain and feeling like my legs were going to sleep, muscle> twitching, insomnia, nightsweats, fatigue, digestive problems. I have> undergone all kinds of testing for thyroid, hormones, etc. and am> actually getting a little better under the care of a holistic M.D. here> in Virginia. I still have problems with insomnia, depression and some> anxiety, as well as the nightsweats. These problems were originally> attributed to fluctuating hormones and adrenal insufficiency, but I'm> starting to wonder if my body may be reacting to the silicone bags> housing the saline. My question is: What tests do I have my doctor> request to find out if my implants are causing me problems? Thanks!>

>>

Guest guest

Sharen,

There are silicone antibody tests...are these what he is referring to?

These don't show poisoning, only that your immune system may have an abnormal

reaction to the presence of silicone.

If it isn't the silicone antibody test, I'd really like to know what he is

talking about, as I have never, ever heard of a test for silicone poisoning. I

will say it again...if there were such a test that could PROVE the silicone

implants for causing our illnesses, we would have won in court decades ago and

there would never have been thousands of women fighting for their rightful

remuneration for all of their pain and suffering over the years since getting

sick from implants.

No doctor has ever been able to prove or disprove the implants as a cause for

illness, ever. If anyone knows otherwise, please enlighten me!

Patty

> > >

> > > Hi-

> > >

> > > I'm Sharen, a 48 y.o. with saline implants (BA in July 2008). In

> > February 2009, I started to develop panic attacks, depression, inability

> > to handle stress, hypersensitivity to noise, MS-like symptoms of

> > alternating pain and feeling like my legs were going to sleep, muscle

> > twitching, insomnia, nightsweats, fatigue, digestive problems. I have

> > undergone all kinds of testing for thyroid, hormones, etc. and am

> > actually getting a little better under the care of a holistic M.D. here

> > in Virginia. I still have problems with insomnia, depression and some

> > anxiety, as well as the nightsweats. These problems were originally

> > attributed to fluctuating hormones and adrenal insufficiency, but I'm

> > starting to wonder if my body may be reacting to the silicone bags

> > housing the saline. My question is: What tests do I have my doctor

> > request to find out if my implants are causing me problems? Thanks!

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

hi patty;

i dont know for sure, but was led to believe that that dr. shanklin was able to determine silicone poisioning. that is why i was trying to get ahold of him when i wrote you once, and you said you thot he was no longer doing this and you were going to check with someone (colleen i think was her name) who either lives in TN or knew something about him. i never heard back from you on that.

i've also heard back some years ago when if first got the silicone shot, of dr. lykissa in TX who takes some fluid samples (dont know how reliable he is, but do know hes expensive). he supposedly can tell how 'silicone laden' you are. but like i said, dont know how reliable he is - has anyone done testing with him or know someone who has, that may read this?

thanks, patty.

gg

Re: New to Group

Sharen,There are silicone antibody tests...are these what he is referring to?These don't show poisoning, only that your immune system may have an abnormal reaction to the presence of silicone.If it isn't the silicone antibody test, I'd really like to know what he is talking about, as I have never, ever heard of a test for silicone poisoning. I will say it again...if there were such a test that could PROVE the silicone implants for causing our illnesses, we would have won in court decades ago and there would never have been thousands of women fighting for their rightful remuneration for all of their pain and suffering over the years since getting sick from implants.No doctor has ever been able to prove or disprove the implants as a cause for illness, ever. If anyone knows otherwise, please enlighten me!Patty> > >> > > Hi-> > >> > > I'm Sharen, a 48 y.o. with saline implants (BA in July 2008). In> > February 2009, I started to develop panic attacks, depression, inability> > to handle stress, hypersensitivity to noise, MS-like symptoms of> > alternating pain and feeling like my legs were going to sleep, muscle> > twitching, insomnia, nightsweats, fatigue, digestive problems. I have> > undergone all kinds of testing for thyroid, hormones, etc. and am> > actually getting a little better under the care of a holistic M.D. here> > in Virginia. I still have problems with insomnia, depression and some> > anxiety, as well as the nightsweats. These problems were originally> > attributed to fluctuating hormones and adrenal insufficiency, but I'm> > starting to wonder if my body may be reacting to the silicone bags> > housing the saline. My question is: What tests do I have my doctor> > request to find out if my implants are causing me problems? Thanks!> > >> >>

Guest guest

Hi GG,

I did hear back from Colleen about Dr. Shanklin. Here is her reply to me. Her

email is dated September 17th, a little over a week ago:

Hi Patty,

Good to hear from you! How are you doing?

I'm sorry I have been so disconnected. I've been focusing 100% of my energy on

getting better. I have the BEST doctor and he is working with me to get my

health back. He is not covered by insurance but he is well worth the cost. He

uses conventional medicine along with alternative treatments. He is also an

artist and we talk like old friends when I go see him. He truly works WITH you

and treats the whole person. This is his website --

http://www.thestoneinstitute.com/

I'm doing much better, the improvement has been gradual so it's hard to tell the

difference day to day but I know I am improving. I'm working on getting my

hormone levels balanced -- I think that will make a big difference in how I

feel! I've made big changes in my life in the past year in order to have less

stress, which does a number on me! So I'm just taking the best possible care of

myself and putting " me " first which I'd never really done. I am still with

Will, he has definitely changed my world just by supporting and loving me!

I haven't heard anything about Dr. Shanklin in a long time. I think he retired

but I'm not sure. I can give you the last contact info I had for him:

R. Shanklin, M.D., F.R.S.M.

UT Health Science Center

930 Madison Ave. #512

Memphis, TN 38163

901-448-6300

dshanklin@...

Also, Memphis Pathology Laboratory (now American Esoteric Laboratories) is where

the silicone sensitivity test was done and I think they still do it there.

Here's their info:

American Esoteric Laboratories

5846 Distribution Drive

Memphis, TN 38141

901-405-8200

http://www.mpllab.com/

I've had a lot of people ask me for info about the silicone sensitivity test. I

understand the desire for a test to tell you for sure that your implants are

making you sick before you go through having them removed. It is expensive and

really only tells you what you already know . . . your implants are making you

sick!

Anyway, it is way past my bed time! I hope you are doing well!!

Love,

Colleen

Guest guest

Hi again gg,

I think the correct term for the testing is silicone sensitivity, rather than

silicone poisoning. It would seem to me to be the same as a silicone antibody

test, which shows that you have an abnormal reaction to the presence of

silicone.

What most detractors argue is that:

1) these tests is not credible, and not offered at most labs.

2) the test only shows that the patient has a sensitivity to silicone as a

generality, and NOT specifically from the implants, based on the fact that

silicone products are used everywhere in different forms. (Such as dimethicone,

simethicone, etc.) Silicone has been used from hygiene products to anti-foaming

agents in foods, to baby pacifier nipples. Therefore, it is argued, that the

implants cannot be specifically implicated, or SOLELY implicated.

Here are some internet articles regarding this.

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/12/14/science/blood-test-to-check-implants-reported.\

html

http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/abstract/7/13/1265

http://www.ivanhoe.com/channels/p_channelstory.cfm?storyid=338

This last one is worth posting to the group in its entirety.

Patty

Re: Re: New to Group

hi patty;

i dont know for sure, but was led to believe that that dr. shanklin was able to

determine silicone poisioning. that is why i was trying to get ahold of him

when i wrote you once, and you said you thot he was no longer doing this and you

were going to check with someone (colleen i think was her name) who either

lives in TN or knew something about him. i never heard back from you on that.

i've also heard back some years ago when if first got the silicone shot, of dr.

lykissa in TX who takes some fluid samples (dont know how reliable he is, but

do know hes expensive). he supposedly can tell how 'silicone laden' you are.

but like i said, dont know how reliable he is - has anyone done testing with him

or know someone who has, that may read this?

thanks, patty.

gg

Guest guest

I looked at the website Colleen listed, and it does have a test called " Silicone

Hypersensitivity " .

If anyone calls them to discuss it, or schedule a draw, could you please let us

know how the results turn out, and what you were told by the lab regarding the

interpretation of the results?

Thanks!

Patty

>

> Hi GG,

> I did hear back from Colleen about Dr. Shanklin. Here is her reply to me.

Her email is dated September 17th, a little over a week ago:

>

> Hi Patty,

>

> Good to hear from you! How are you doing?

>

> I'm sorry I have been so disconnected. I've been focusing 100% of my energy

on getting better. I have the BEST doctor and he is working with me to get my

health back. He is not covered by insurance but he is well worth the cost. He

uses conventional medicine along with alternative treatments. He is also an

artist and we talk like old friends when I go see him. He truly works WITH you

and treats the whole person. This is his website --

http://www.thestoneinstitute.com/

>

> I'm doing much better, the improvement has been gradual so it's hard to tell

the difference day to day but I know I am improving. I'm working on getting my

hormone levels balanced -- I think that will make a big difference in how I

feel! I've made big changes in my life in the past year in order to have less

stress, which does a number on me! So I'm just taking the best possible care of

myself and putting " me " first which I'd never really done. I am still with

Will, he has definitely changed my world just by supporting and loving me!

>

> I haven't heard anything about Dr. Shanklin in a long time. I think he

retired but I'm not sure. I can give you the last contact info I had for him:

>

> R. Shanklin, M.D., F.R.S.M.

> UT Health Science Center

> 930 Madison Ave. #512

> Memphis, TN 38163

> 901-448-6300

> dshanklin@...

>

> Also, Memphis Pathology Laboratory (now American Esoteric Laboratories) is

where the silicone sensitivity test was done and I think they still do it there.

Here's their info:

>

> American Esoteric Laboratories

> 5846 Distribution Drive

> Memphis, TN 38141

> 901-405-8200

> http://www.mpllab.com/

>

> I've had a lot of people ask me for info about the silicone sensitivity test.

I understand the desire for a test to tell you for sure that your implants are

making you sick before you go through having them removed. It is expensive and

really only tells you what you already know . . . your implants are making you

sick!

>

> Anyway, it is way past my bed time! I hope you are doing well!!

>

> Love,

> Colleen

>

Guest guest

That's it; silicone antibodies. My mistake.

From: glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401@...>Subject: Re: New to Group Date: Monday, September 28, 2009, 5:05 PM

Sharen,There are silicone antibody tests...are these what he is referring to?These don't show poisoning, only that your immune system may have an abnormal reaction to the presence of silicone.If it isn't the silicone antibody test, I'd really like to know what he is talking about, as I have never, ever heard of a test for silicone poisoning. I will say it again...if there were such a test that could PROVE the silicone implants for causing our illnesses, we would have won in court decades ago and there would never have been thousands of women fighting for their rightful remuneration for all of their pain and suffering over the years since getting sick from implants.No doctor has ever been able to prove or disprove the implants as a cause for illness, ever. If anyone knows otherwise, please enlighten me!Patty> > >> > > Hi-> > >> > > I'm Sharen, a 48 y.o. with saline implants (BA in July 2008). In> > February 2009, I started to develop panic attacks, depression, inability> > to handle stress, hypersensitivity to noise, MS-like symptoms of> > alternating pain and feeling like my legs were going to sleep, muscle> > twitching, insomnia, nightsweats, fatigue, digestive problems. I have> > undergone all kinds of testing for thyroid, hormones, etc. and am> > actually

getting a little better under the care of a holistic M.D. here> > in Virginia. I still have problems with insomnia, depression and some> > anxiety, as well as the nightsweats. These problems were originally> > attributed to fluctuating hormones and adrenal insufficiency, but I'm> > starting to wonder if my body may be reacting to the silicone bags> > housing the saline. My question is: What tests do I have my doctor> > request to find out if my implants are causing me problems? Thanks!> > >> >>

Guest guest

patty:

am wondering if you;ve heard of E.. Lykissa in TX. (i think hes a toxicologist) - i think he claims he can tell how poisoned one is with silicone if you send him certain bodily fluid samples. i've never used him, but have heard of people who have - he was too expensive for me, but i considered it. or, like i posted on other message, has anyone else out there heard of or used him.? am wondering if maybe Ilena has heard of him.

gg

Re: New to Group Date: Monday, September 28, 2009, 5:05 PM

Sharen,There are silicone antibody tests...are these what he is referring to?These don't show poisoning, only that your immune system may have an abnormal reaction to the presence of silicone.If it isn't the silicone antibody test, I'd really like to know what he is talking about, as I have never, ever heard of a test for silicone poisoning. I will say it again...if there were such a test that could PROVE the silicone implants for causing our illnesses, we would have won in court decades ago and there would never have been thousands of women fighting for their rightful remuneration for all of their pain and suffering over the years since getting sick from implants.No doctor has ever been able to prove or disprove the implants as a cause for illness, ever. If anyone knows otherwise, please enlighten me!Patty> > >> > > Hi-> > >> > > I'm Sharen, a 48 y.o. with saline implants (BA in July 2008). In> > February 2009, I started to develop panic attacks, depression, inability> > to handle stress, hypersensitivity to noise, MS-like symptoms of> > alternating pain and feeling like my legs were going to sleep, muscle> > twitching, insomnia, nightsweats, fatigue, digestive problems. I have> > undergone all kinds of testing for thyroid, hormones, etc. and am> > actually getting a little better under the care of a holistic M.D. here> > in Virginia. I still have problems with insomnia, depression and some> > anxiety, as well as the nightsweats. These problems were originally> > attributed to fluctuating hormones and adrenal insufficiency, but I'm> > starting to wonder if my body may be reacting to the silicone bags> > housing the saline. My question is: What tests do I have my doctor> > request to find out if my implants are causing me problems? Thanks!> > >> >>

Guest guest

Gayle, I have spoken to Dr. Lykissa, and he is an Angel. That was several years ago, but you could try to contact him if you have his number. I am trying to get back to give more support, but things are not that good here at this time.

Honey, stay close to us...love you....Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guest guest

GG:

Oh yes, I've heard of him for sure!

One of our local ladies has sent tons of info on his work, personally to me and

perhaps on the group as well.

If you do a search through the archives for his name, you will see what has been

discussed.

It's mostly platinum that he is concerned with, from my understanding. But, as

usual, these experts and their work are rarely acknowledged by those who have a

vested interest in keeping breast implants on the market and out of courts. I

believe their science is sound, but they can only work on us one at a time, and

most of us can't afford their services, unfortunately.

Patty

patty:

am wondering if you;ve heard of E.. Lykissa in TX. (i think hes a

toxicologist) - i think he claims he can tell how poisoned one is with silicone

if you send him certain bodily fluid samples. i've never used him, but have

heard of people who have - he was too expensive for me, but i considered it.

or, like i posted on other message, has anyone else out there heard of or used

him.? am wondering if maybe Ilena has heard of him.

gg

Guest guest

Lea,

I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling again. Are you treating for the

H. Pylori?

I hope your does not have the flu.

I appreciate every effort you make to support all of these women that come for

help. I love you Lea, and hope you get better.

Stay in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Hugs,

Patty

> > > >

> > > > Hi-

> > > >

> > > > I'm Sharen, a 48 y.o. with saline implants (BA in July

2008). In

> > > February 2009, I started to develop panic attacks, depression,

inability

> > > to handle stress, hypersensitivity to noise, MS-like symptoms

of

> > > alternating pain and feeling like my legs were going to sleep,

muscle

> > > twitching, insomnia, nightsweats, fatigue, digestive problems.

I have

> > > undergone all kinds of testing for thyroid, hormones, etc. and

am

> > > actually getting a little better under the care of a holistic

M.D. here

> > > in Virginia. I still have problems with insomnia, depression

and some

> > > anxiety, as well as the nightsweats. These problems were

originally

> > > attributed to fluctuating hormones and adrenal insufficiency,

but I'm

> > > starting to wonder if my body may be reacting to the silicone

bags

> > > housing the saline. My question is: What tests do I have my

doctor

> > > request to find out if my implants are causing me problems?

Thanks!

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

patty;

does he not test for silicone itself, and if so, has it been found to be high in most women? is that how he reads it - like high, low, etc.? do the ladies who've done the testing feel he's worth it and that he's probably pretty accurate?

thanks.

gg

GG:Oh yes, I've heard of him for sure! One of our local ladies has sent tons of info on his work, personally to me and perhaps on the group as well.If you do a search through the archives for his name, you will see what has been discussed. It's mostly platinum that he is concerned with, from my understanding. But, as usual, these experts and their work are rarely acknowledged by those who have a vested interest in keeping breast implants on the market and out of courts. I believe their science is sound, but they can only work on us one at a time, and most of us can't afford their services, unfortunately. Pattypatty:am wondering if you;ve heard of E.. Lykissa in TX. (i think hes a toxicologist) - i think he claims he can tell how poisoned one is with silicone if you send him certain bodily fluid samples. i've never used him, but have heard of people who have - he was too expensive for me, but i considered it. or, like i posted on other message, has anyone else out there heard of or used him.? am wondering if maybe Ilena has heard of him.gg

Guest guest

hi lea;

sorry to hear you're still not feeling well - hope you recover soon.

but if you feel like answering, how is Lykissa an angel? he's very expensive. do you think he measures silicone in the body accurately? have a lot of ladies used him for that purpose? to me, it would be very interesting to see how much silicone one has, and where the most of it is. I dont think he can tell where it is, but maybe how much?

take care.

gg

Gayle, I have spoken to Dr. Lykissa, and he is an Angel. That was several years ago, but you could try to contact him if you have his number. I am trying to get back to give more support, but things are not that good here at this time.

Honey, stay close to us...love you....Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guest guest

gg,

I don't know for certain...what I do remember was the focus on the platinum

toxicity.

You might be able to call his lab and find out more info from them.

I don't know enough women who have seen or worked with him, but I am under the

impression that he is good at what he does.

Check out the posts, if you can, or call their office for more assistance and if

you do, please let us know if you find out anything significant.

Thanks gg!

Patty

patty;

does he not test for silicone itself, and if so, has it been found to be high in

most women? is that how he reads it - like high, low, etc.? do the ladies

who've done the testing feel he's worth it and that he's probably pretty

accurate?

thanks.

gg

GG:

Oh yes, I've heard of him for sure!

One of our local ladies has sent tons of info on his work, personally to me

and perhaps on the group as well.

If you do a search through the archives for his name, you will see what has

been discussed.

It's mostly platinum that he is concerned with, from my understanding. But,

as usual, these experts and their work are rarely acknowledged by those who have

a vested interest in keeping breast implants on the market and out of courts. I

believe their science is sound, but they can only work on us one at a time, and

most of us can't afford their services, unfortunately.

Patty

patty:

am wondering if you;ve heard of E.. Lykissa in TX. (i think hes a

toxicologist) - i think he claims he can tell how poisoned one is with silicone

if you send him certain bodily fluid samples. i've never used him, but have

heard of people who have - he was too expensive for me, but i considered it. or,

like i posted on other message, has anyone else out there heard of or used him.?

am wondering if maybe Ilena has heard of him.

gg