RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

hello!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It's better to educate yourself before posting untrue things. After desense you don't have to "take 4 aspirin a day for the rest of your life." I take two a day, and have zero polyps and no infections, don't have to take Zyflo or Singulair or any medicine, other than a spray of Nasonex once a day. My doctor says that some people are eventually able to discontinue the aspirin altogether. People have different reasons for not getting desensitized, but it is better to stick to the facts. On Mar 1, 2011, at 1:30 PM, Yvette M wrote:

I'm doing better on Zyflo than I did on Singulair, though due to unpleasant side effects (headaches & mood) I take half the recommended dose. I really feel the difference when I stop taking it. I decided against desense since you have to take 4 aspirin a day for the rest of your life. I can't imagine being able to tolerate that. From: Cora Ascher <coraascher@...>To:

samters Sent: Sun, February 27, 2011 1:20:33 PMSubject: Re: Re: Hello!

rpg4444 <rg@...> wrote:

>My allergist, who is very familiar with Samters has me on a double dose of Singulair(2-10mg tablets per day). This has kept the polyps away for three years, with no side affects. He told me that in Europe dosages of up to 4 tablets a day have been used. As with any medicine, it all depends on the patient since we are all different. The side affects for any drug may also affect some patients and not bother others.

>For insurance purposes, the prescription has to be written correctly or the insurance will not pay for any more than 30 tablets a month.

>None of this may help your friend but it appears that sometimes you have to think outside the box with Samters.

>I have not undergone aspirin desensitization and my doctor recommends against it. That probably is just what works for me but I take no Prednisone and have no sinus infections and I did regain my sense of smell.

>Best of luck for her future recovery.

>

>

>>

>> Hello everyone!

>>

>> My name is Garrett and I am on this fourm on behalf of a good friend of mine who suffers from Samter's Triad. I just wanted to get some feedback from anyone who shares a similar situation with her, so here we go!

>>

>> My friend is a 28 year old female who has had Samter's now for about six years. It was onset (seemingly) by a nasal infection that didnt want to go away. Asthama was also onset around the same time, maybe a bit earlier.

>>

>> About two years ago it was discovered that polyps had been growing inside of her sinus cavities. Soon after she had polyp removal surgery and all polyps were sucessfully extracted. Witin a few months though, as all of you have probably already guessed, the polyps returned with a vengance and her nasal tissue again became inflamed.

>>

>> Fast forward to last week. My friend had saved up what she could and was admitted to Scripps clinic in La Jolla, CA (or Carmel Valley, I forget which) to undergo aspirin desensitization. The procedure went sucessfully and she was desensitized.

>>

>> Before I forget I would like to also note that during this entire time period my friend has been taking advair which has worked like a charm on her asthma; it is a nonfactor in her life at this time. She has taken many prednisone bursts which enable her to regain her sense of smell (which has been lost since the beginning), taste, squashed all inflammation, released the mucus from her sinus cavities, and allowed her to sleep a full eight to ten hours. Of course these are short lived. Also prior to her surgery and up until the point her polyps and nasal inflammation returned she was taking singulair 10mg as well as a nasal steroid.

>>

>> Now she is around ten days out from desensitization and her facial pressure/nasal inflammation seems to be worse. This may be due to the fact that her perscription for Advair and Singular had lapsed for two days and she was unable to take them during this time.

>>

>> Unfortunatly she does not have the money (or insurance I should add) to have another polyp removal surgery.

>>

>>

>> So with all that being said, my questions are:

>>

>> 1) Is there anyone out there who has had sucscess (even minor) from aspirin desensitization in combination with a leukotriene inhibitor and anything else WITHOUT surgery?

>>

>> 2) Has anyone switched from Singular to Zyflo and experienced major results (without having polyp surgery)?

>>

>> 3) Does anyone have any information regarding the nebulizer rinse (I have only seen this in one topic, sorry for the ambiguity)?

>>

>> 4) Has anyone done any research regarding a combination aspirin desentization and melatonin production (or inhibiting)?

>>

>> Thanks in advance and it's been a pleasure to read alot of these posts.

>>

>>

>> -Garrett

>>

>>

>> PS.I typed this up pretty quick as i'm on my lunch break so please pardon the spelling/grammar issues and any ambiguity!

>>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi and welcome to the group. I hope you'll like it here. If your son is being tested for the first time a would recommend going to a pscychiatrist that specializes in ASD. You can still take him to a psychologist but once he starts school you'll be better off with a neuropsychological evaluation.

Neuropsychological evaluation (NPE) is a testing method done by a neuropsychologist. They can collect data about your child's cognitive, motor, behavioral, language, and executive functioning. This data can provide information that can lead to the diagnosis of a cognitive deficit or to the confirmation of a diagnosis. The data can also determine the localization of organic abnormalities in the central nervous system (CNS) and guide effective treatment methods for your child.

Good luck and I hope you get a thorough evaluation. Let us know how it went.

ne

From: <gatorlilly@...>Subject: ( ) Hello! Date: Tuesday, March 8, 2011, 12:27 PM

Hi there everyone My name is and my son Wyatt is 4 years old. His Ped and I believe he may indeed have Aspergers so we just beginning our journey. I need to find and make an appointment with a psychologist to get the 'testing' started. I was just hoping that maybe someone could give me some ideas on what exactly I should be asking when I call so that I can pick the best person for my son to go see. I can't exactly see just anyone but my insurance has a bunch listed and I just don't know what I need to be asking so that I can make an appointment with the "right" person. If you have some help I'd apprecaite it a great deal. Thanks

Guest guest

I apologize that I was not presented. My name is Adela Constantinescu

I'm from Romania, but I want to operate my girl in another country, that's why

I asked for your help.

Thanks very much!

Guest guest

Welcome ,Yes, deceived. The latest I'm hearing in that unvaxed kids are carriers of illness even though they may not have any symptoms, a typhoid sort of stigma. It is ridiculous, any thing to push vaccines and not look at real issues. Its nice to be in company with those in the know. F

<luvusam1@...>;

To:

<Vaccinations >;

Subject:

Hello!

Sent:

Fri, Jul 20, 2012 6:40:55 PM

Thank you for letting me join the group.My name is and I have 2 daughters that live at my house with me age 13 and 10. I have minimally vaccinated since my youngest was born and my oldest was 4. My youngest daughter was born with multiple heart, bladder and kidney defects and has recently acquired pertusis unfortunately. We are under scrutiney right now and praying that a) she heals quickly and B) that noone else she has been around gets sick. So far if anyone is sick with even a cold IT MUST BE OUR FAULT. Ridiculous. People are assuming that its only a non vaccinated thing in which case that information is inaccurate. I was told by the Health Dept that pertusis affects vaccinated and unvaccinated. People are so deceived. Anyway, thank you for including us.

____________________________________________________________Woman is 53 But Looks 25Mom reveals 1 simple wrinkle trick that has angered doctors...ConsumerLifestyleMag.com