RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Happy New Years-OT

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Happy New Years to all. May 2006 be a good year for all. I would like to share with you, my New Years Eve. Hee Hee Actually the whole day was a celebration. My older children came down Friday night and since we didn't get to have them on Christmas day, we opened Christmas presents with them and then went to bed. Up fairly early yesterday morning the 31st. And My oldest daughter and I got up and put on the makings for a New Years eve lunch. I put a great big old ham in the oven with pineapple and brown sugar glaze on it. And started it to backing. My daughter started the side dishes, and making a homemade apple pie with her own flakey crust to boot. I was impressed, because I always buy the store bought crust as I have never been able to make pie crust. She had a beautiful pie crust made within 7 mins. WoW! This is my

child?? She can make pie crust and fancy ones at that? Good lord!! Needless to say Momma was impressed. We cooked and talked in the kitchen, she laughed at me because I like my small kitchen here. She said she likes lots of room in a kitchen. I like my small kitchen because all I have to do is turn around and there everything is. Mouth watering smells soon filled the house and brought all the family to the dining room. We ate our feast and they had to leave to go home soon afterwards. We kissed goodbye and sent them on their way. Then we got ready for the New Year's Eve Party we were having. Was kind of a family fun night party. Our friend who is a single father and his children were coming over to celebrate New Years Eve, and one of the little girls from neighborhood came down, her mom is a nurse and had to work last night so it made it fun for the little

girl to come down here and kick off 2006. We had sandwich makings, chips,dip and assorted food stuffs. LOL And we had New Years Eve punch, made with sherbet,grenade,7-up. Ummm good. We played Cranium, watched Dick Rock'n New Years and generally had a great time. At Midnight every got a kiss on the cheek, or in hubbies case he got lip sugars from me. LOL Then we grabbed pots and pans from my cabinets and wooden spoons. And went and woke up all the neighbors. LOL Better than setting off fireworks, when there is a burn ban!! Hee Hee Anyway had a wonderful New Years Eve and no hangovers here!! LOL Love JanetI am a rock, I am island...and a rock feels no pain, and a island never cries...- Simon