RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: sore/rash after cast removal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

LOTION, and a lot of it. W had been using Aveeno but this last time we switched to Ucerin Aquaphore. No idea if that is spelled right. We got a sample in the mail, it is really greasy and almost like Vaseline but it cleared skin up in days.Beth RettingerMother of In Third Cast From SLCFrom: carriedonahoe@...

<carriedonahoe@...>Subject: sore/rash after cast removalinfantile scoliosis treatment Date: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 2:29 PM

My son Tucker got his cast removed yesterday afternoon. He was doing great up until last night when we tried picking him up under his arms and he would scream bloody murder! Has anyone experienced this and what did you do? its about driving me up the wall to see him like this!! It appeared to be extremely red and sunburnt looking last night but this morning he woke up and it was a little better but now its right back to the way it was last night!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Guest guest

They told us to use Hydrocortizone ointment on the sore spots?! Is that anything you have heard of using? He said it will protect while heals! How long did it take to clear up? They said no baths or water period is this true? I figured as much but would rather have someone that's been thru it tell me :) thanks a bunch!!Sent via BlackBerry from T-MobileFrom: Leeper <bethanney05@...>Sender: infantile scoliosis treatment Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:32:50 -0700 (PDT)<infantile scoliosis treatment >Reply infantile scoliosis treatment Subject: Re: sore/rash after cast removal LOTION, and a lot of it. W had been using Aveeno but this last time we switched to Ucerin Aquaphore. No idea if that is spelled right. We got a sample in the mail, it is really greasy and almost like Vaseline but it cleared skin up in days.Beth RettingerMother of In Third Cast From SLCFrom: carriedonahoeymail<carriedonahoeymail>Subject: sore/rash after cast removalinfantile scoliosis treatment Date: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 2:29 PM My son Tucker got his cast removed yesterday afternoon. He was doing great up until last night when we tried picking him up under his arms and he would scream bloody murder! Has anyone experienced this and what did you do? its about driving me up the wall to see him like this!! It appeared to be extremely red and sunburnt looking last night but this morning he woke up and it was a little better but now its right back to the way it was last night! Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Guest guest

I have been putting Vani cream on like crazy but is that not good? Sent via BlackBerry from T-MobileFrom: Leeper <bethanney05@...>Sender: infantile scoliosis treatment Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:32:50 -0700 (PDT)<infantile scoliosis treatment >Reply infantile scoliosis treatment Subject: Re: sore/rash after cast removal LOTION, and a lot of it. W had been using Aveeno but this last time we switched to Ucerin Aquaphore. No idea if that is spelled right. We got a sample in the mail, it is really greasy and almost like Vaseline but it cleared skin up in days.Beth RettingerMother of In Third Cast From SLCFrom: carriedonahoeymail<carriedonahoeymail>Subject: sore/rash after cast removalinfantile scoliosis treatment Date: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 2:29 PM My son Tucker got his cast removed yesterday afternoon. He was doing great up until last night when we tried picking him up under his arms and he would scream bloody murder! Has anyone experienced this and what did you do? its about driving me up the wall to see him like this!! It appeared to be extremely red and sunburnt looking last night but this morning he woke up and it was a little better but now its right back to the way it was last night! Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Guest guest

I saw on FB that he was having a hard time. Maybe he is still sore under his arms from the cast. I know Hayden's skin took a while to heal, about a month. Try the Aquaphor under his arms. Good luck. Sorry he is hurting. Joanmom to Hayden 339 degrees down from 62After 4 casts, now in a brace 23 hours/dayTreated at ish Rite Hospital Dallas, TX

From: "carriedonahoe@..." <carriedonahoe@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Thu, July 1, 2010 1:29:24 PMSubject: sore/rash after cast removal

My son Tucker got his cast removed yesterday afternoon. He was doing great up until last night when we tried picking him up under his arms and he would scream bloody murder! Has anyone experienced this and what did you do? its about driving me up the wall to see him like this!! It appeared to be extremely red and sunburnt looking last night but this morning he woke up and it was a little better but now its right back to the way it was last night! Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Guest guest

Aquaphor always worked best for Todd.  If the skin is broken, then maybe something like Neosporin would help?  i'm not familiar with Vani cream, but maybe there is something in it that might be aggravating his rash more?  Todd had a reaction to one of the creams I put on Todd after his first cast came off, but then the aquaphor helped TONS.  I hope he feels better soon!  It's so hard to see your little one hurting!

, Mommy to Todd

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Joan Vallee <hayro1611@...> wrote:

I saw on FB that he was having a hard time. Maybe he is still sore under his arms from the cast. I know Hayden's skin took a while to heal, about a month. Try the Aquaphor under his arms. Good luck. Sorry he is hurting.

Joanmom to Hayden 339 degrees down from 62After 4 casts, now in a brace 23 hours/dayTreated at ish Rite Hospital Dallas, TX

infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Thu, July 1, 2010 1:29:24 PM Subject: sore/rash after cast removal 

My son Tucker got his cast removed yesterday afternoon. He was doing great up until last night when we tried picking him up under his arms and he would scream bloody murder! Has anyone experienced this and what did you do? its about driving me up the wall to see him like this!! It appeared to be extremely red and sunburnt looking last night but this morning he woke up and it was a little better but now its right back to the way it was last night!

Guest guest

Hi My daughter is going into her 12th cast next week. When she gets her cast off she is really red and very sore. Our kids dr. prescribed a gel call DESONATE (desonide) gel 0.05%. We use it the 1st and 2nd day without the cast, and all signs of redness is gone. Hope that helps. Sue mom of Eleanor

Guest guest

The docs told us to try and avoid hydrocortizone because it contains an ingredient that causes the skin to become thinner (which is the whole reason you shouldnt apply to face via instructions on label). Thinner skin under cast could predispose them to cast sores. But I say use what works...cause everyone is different and situations are different.

From: "carriedonahoe@..." <carriedonahoe@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Thu, July 1, 2010 2:38:00 PMSubject: Re: sore/rash after cast removal

They told us to use Hydrocortizone ointment on the sore spots?! Is that anything you have heard of using? He said it will protect while heals! How long did it take to clear up? They said no baths or water period is this true? I figured as much but would rather have someone that's been thru it tell me :) thanks a bunch!! Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Sender: infantile scoliosis treatment @groups. com

Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:32:50 -0700 (PDT)

<infantile scoliosis treatment @groups. com>

Replyinfantile scoliosis treatment @groups. com

Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] sore/rash after cast removal

LOTION, and a lot of it. W had been using Aveeno but this last time we switched to Ucerin Aquaphore. No idea if that is spelled right. We got a sample in the mail, it is really greasy and almost like Vaseline but it cleared skin up in days.Beth RettingerMother of In Third Cast From SLC

From: carriedonahoe@ ymail.com <carriedonahoe@ ymail.com>Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] sore/rash after cast removalinfantile scoliosis treatment @groups. comDate: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 2:29 PM

My son Tucker got his cast removed yesterday afternoon. He was doing great up until last night when we tried picking him up under his arms and he would scream bloody murder! Has anyone experienced this and what did you do? its about driving me up the wall to see him like this!! It appeared to be extremely red and sunburnt looking last night but this morning he woke up and it was a little better but now its right back to the way it was last night! Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Guest guest

Poor Tucker,

Our little guy has had horrible skin and this is precast!!!  This is what the docs told us to use on Eli. 

As soon as you get him out of the bath put the hydrocortisone cream on him, then within three minutes coat him in Aquaphor(a little pricey, but worth it totally!).   Also, we apply Gentle Naturals, Baby Eczema Cream during the day.

Gentle Naturals has Calendula and vitamins in it, I buy it in the baby section of walmart.  I know that some people buy a cream with Calendula in it from target.

I get the Aquaphor in the lotion area.

We also use Aveeno Baby soap on him, there is two kinds and the cheaper one works better for E. 

Hope that helps, I also would still give him a bath as long as you don't have any large OPEN sores on him.  But talk to your doctor about that.

judy poland

mom of eli 20 months, 20* in 2nd cast down from 49*

SLC

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 1:29 PM, <carriedonahoe@...> wrote: