RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re: OT: More to Love?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

gosh girl i am gonna need you when i get back to work LOL its very hard for me to talk sense into senseless ppl and they are truly horrible on the topic. i am glad i have this place to talk positive about working out and ppl don't judge they are just there with you. i don't talk to brag or think i am better i just LOVE to workout. some days its rough but most of the time i can't wait to get into the gym and i just love my cardio kickboxing and running.kassia fitness blogSpecial Needs Scouting --- On

Tue, 7/28/09, Judy S <k9sports4gsps@...> wrote:keep it up you will be better for it in the long runI too struggle with portions. I can eat a whole bag of carrots (or chips!) without realizing it!we will be better off though with our work and support systemj

Guest guest

i was gonna stay out of this one but i have pipe up finally. i agree that media has a sick impact on women and young girls. i'd do anything to protect all the females in the world from ever feeling inadequate but it'll never happen. so i have to say that i like the idea of this show! it tells the world that there are big men and women out here and we are ready to be seen and apart of the tv life. i say we because through out my life there has been many times i was obese! i workout to these exercise videos and no one on themm is the least bit overweight. at times it was hard for me to do the workouts starring at a bunch of skinny a** little witches. it's easier for all these little skinny things to do the owrkouts, to get jobs, to be on tv, to get music contracts, ect, ect, ect. look at what

tv shows, news reports, movies and vidoes tell us, u have to be thin abd look good! that hurts! it's nice to see for a change that that superficial idea is wrong! TrishaFrom: revaddict <revaddict@...> Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 12:06:06 PMSubject: Re: OT: More to Love?

Wow, it looks like I really started something here. I didn't think the discussion would get this intense so fast.

Kassia has a great point that the media wrongly portrays how people--especially women--should look. I'm not in favor of that at all.

My suspicion about this show is that it may normalize obesity by showing what a great thing it is that such a woman can find a guy.

Now, before everybody throws rotten tomatoes (or worse) at me, let me make myself clear. I know it's not realistic to expect every woman to be a miniature size, and I wish the media didn't put that pressure out there. At the same time, approving of obesity is not a healthy message to send either. I suspect the tone of the show will be "See, here's a guy who's not too shallow to date a heavy woman unlike the rest of you shallow American men, so there's nothing wrong with being fat."

To which my response is: Yes, there is something wrong with that. It's hazardous to your health. Where is the personal responsibility of those who are overweight? How can anybody--male or female--live a lifestyle that contributes to obesity and all the health problems that come with it and yet expect that other people should just overlook the problems of being in a relationship with an obese person?

Maybe the guy on the show does have a problem with women so he needs something pathetic like this show to get a date. (Of course he's also doing it for the money.) But if he's smart, why would he get into a relationship with a woman who is on a collision course with a heart attack and could be dead in a few years?

Of course, not all obesity is within our ability to control. I've known people with thyroid problems and things that make them obese no matter what. I don't blame them for the way they are, and I feel sorry for them. But I have no sympathy for the growing number of people in this country--both men and women--who are to darned lazy and undisciplined to take responsibility for keeping themselves healthy. Face it; that's what most of American obesity is.

I bust my butt down there in the workout room 5 or 6 days a week just like a lot of you. I don't think I have a right to expect that a woman should fall in love with me if decide to let myself blow up to 300 lbs. Willingly letting your health go down the drain like that is selfish, short-sighted and says a lot about your personality.

Okay, can I come out from cover now? :-)

>

> oh yeah kitchen nightmares. it was originally a BBC thing he did in britian then brought over here. tell ya the american version MADE tv b/c of how more embarrassing the ppl in america acted over britian.

>

> donna i have to agree we are over bombarded with images of perfection and beauty. while its nice to play dress and be glamorous there is almost no looking at the other side of things and if some magazines do its with such negativity that its hard to see ourselves as "pretty" when celebs with the same "flaws" with get chastize for it in a magazine.

>

> i read one standing line one day about katherine heigel and her "saggy butt". she didn't really have a saggy butt but she is like a kettlebell queen like darcy and i so i took a little offense that this thin woman who can hoist heavy bells with the best of can't be given a positive spin. okay she is not perfect but she is a strong lady to take on such a tough routine from a tough trainer! they sure as heck don't say that!

>

> i have a bit of belly buldge that hates to go away the older i get. its hard to say gosh i am strong i workout hard when i have the body of britney when everybody called her fat.shoot i would have like to have been britney fat LOL she was still in better shape then my abs look now. i have serious self esteem issues b/c i was raised by somebody in the same fashion. never looking on the bright side or the positives or even praising when it was good time too. just always negative negative could be better etc. there are millions like me too! like i said i won't blame media on ALL of it but they have their hands in a big chunk of it.

>

> i give a shout out to all my curvy girls though b/c real men love curves and a woman who isn't afraid to order more then just a light salad on a date.

>

> kassia

>

Guest guest

i was gonna stay out of this one but i have pipe up finally. i agree that media has a sick impact on women and young girls. i'd do anything to protect all the females in the world from ever feeling inadequate but it'll never happen. so i have to say that i like the idea of this show! it tells the world that there are big men and women out here and we are ready to be seen and apart of the tv life. i say we because through out my life there has been many times i was obese! i workout to these exercise videos and no one on themm is the least bit overweight. at times it was hard for me to do the workouts starring at a bunch of skinny a** little witches. it's easier for all these little skinny things to do the owrkouts, to get jobs, to be on tv, to get music contracts, ect, ect, ect. look at what

tv shows, news reports, movies and vidoes tell us, u have to be thin abd look good! that hurts! it's nice to see for a change that that superficial idea is wrong! TrishaFrom: revaddict <revaddict@...> Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 12:06:06 PMSubject: Re: OT: More to Love?

Wow, it looks like I really started something here. I didn't think the discussion would get this intense so fast.

Kassia has a great point that the media wrongly portrays how people--especially women--should look. I'm not in favor of that at all.

My suspicion about this show is that it may normalize obesity by showing what a great thing it is that such a woman can find a guy.

Now, before everybody throws rotten tomatoes (or worse) at me, let me make myself clear. I know it's not realistic to expect every woman to be a miniature size, and I wish the media didn't put that pressure out there. At the same time, approving of obesity is not a healthy message to send either. I suspect the tone of the show will be "See, here's a guy who's not too shallow to date a heavy woman unlike the rest of you shallow American men, so there's nothing wrong with being fat."

To which my response is: Yes, there is something wrong with that. It's hazardous to your health. Where is the personal responsibility of those who are overweight? How can anybody--male or female--live a lifestyle that contributes to obesity and all the health problems that come with it and yet expect that other people should just overlook the problems of being in a relationship with an obese person?

Maybe the guy on the show does have a problem with women so he needs something pathetic like this show to get a date. (Of course he's also doing it for the money.) But if he's smart, why would he get into a relationship with a woman who is on a collision course with a heart attack and could be dead in a few years?

Of course, not all obesity is within our ability to control. I've known people with thyroid problems and things that make them obese no matter what. I don't blame them for the way they are, and I feel sorry for them. But I have no sympathy for the growing number of people in this country--both men and women--who are to darned lazy and undisciplined to take responsibility for keeping themselves healthy. Face it; that's what most of American obesity is.

I bust my butt down there in the workout room 5 or 6 days a week just like a lot of you. I don't think I have a right to expect that a woman should fall in love with me if decide to let myself blow up to 300 lbs. Willingly letting your health go down the drain like that is selfish, short-sighted and says a lot about your personality.

>

> oh yeah kitchen nightmares. it was originally a BBC thing he did in britian then brought over here. tell ya the american version MADE tv b/c of how more embarrassing the ppl in america acted over britian.

>

> donna i have to agree we are over bombarded with images of perfection and beauty. while its nice to play dress and be glamorous there is almost no looking at the other side of things and if some magazines do its with such negativity that its hard to see ourselves as "pretty" when celebs with the same "flaws" with get chastize for it in a magazine.

>

> i read one standing line one day about katherine heigel and her "saggy butt". she didn't really have a saggy butt but she is like a kettlebell queen like darcy and i so i took a little offense that this thin woman who can hoist heavy bells with the best of can't be given a positive spin. okay she is not perfect but she is a strong lady to take on such a tough routine from a tough trainer! they sure as heck don't say that!

>

> i have a bit of belly buldge that hates to go away the older i get. its hard to say gosh i am strong i workout hard when i have the body of britney when everybody called her fat.shoot i would have like to have been britney fat LOL she was still in better shape then my abs look now. i have serious self esteem issues b/c i was raised by somebody in the same fashion. never looking on the bright side or the positives or even praising when it was good time too. just always negative negative could be better etc. there are millions like me too! like i said i won't blame media on ALL of it but they have their hands in a big chunk of it.

>

> i give a shout out to all my curvy girls though b/c real men love curves and a woman who isn't afraid to order more then just a light salad on a date.

>

> kassia

>

Guest guest

What you're missing though, Trisha, about workout videos is that many of those women used to be plus-sized and got themselves healthy, not "skinny"! On some videos they'll tell you someone lost 70 pounds using the star's videos, etc. I had a lady in one of my WW meetings expressing exactly what you did and had another member tell her this information. Many people in the group found it inspiring and started changing their thoughts about using workout videos. When I first started with videos I was not overweight but was also not at all toned. I looked at the people in the videos and picked out the bodies I wanted to have. I knew that if I kept at it I could. (I'm still working at it but have made great progress!)

I agree the media celebrating very thin with huge boobs does have a very negative impact on women but I don't think celebrating being overweight is any better. The guy on that show isn't exactly the hunky model type like on the bachelor either so what message does that send? That yes, these women can get an "average" guy but not a male super model? That doesn't send a very positive message either I think.

(who really should be cooking dinner & who meant to read the other posts on this topic before jumping in but just jumped in anyway, sorry if these points have already been made, I promise to be quiet until I read more from now on!)

Re: OT: More to Love?

Wow, it looks like I really started something here. I didn't think the discussion would get this intense so fast.Kassia has a great point that the media wrongly portrays how people--especially women--should look. I'm not in favor of that at all.My suspicion about this show is that it may normalize obesity by showing what a great thing it is that such a woman can find a guy.Now, before everybody throws rotten tomatoes (or worse) at me, let me make myself clear. I know it's not realistic to expect every woman to be a miniature size, and I wish the media didn't put that pressure out there. At the same time, approving of obesity is not a healthy message to send either. I suspect the tone of the show will be "See, here's a guy who's not too shallow to date a heavy woman unlike the rest of you shallow American men, so there's nothing wrong with being fat."To which my response is: Yes, there is something wrong with that. It's hazardous to your health. Where is the personal responsibility of those who are overweight? How can anybody--male or female--live a lifestyle that contributes to obesity and all the health problems that come with it and yet expect that other people should just overlook the problems of being in a relationship with an obese person?Maybe the guy on the show does have a problem with women so he needs something pathetic like this show to get a date. (Of course he's also doing it for the money.) But if he's smart, why would he get into a relationship with a woman who is on a collision course with a heart attack and could be dead in a few years?Of course, not all obesity is within our ability to control. I've known people with thyroid problems and things that make them obese no matter what. I don't blame them for the way they are, and I feel sorry for them. But I have no sympathy for the growing number of people in this country--both men and women--who are to darned lazy and undisciplined to take responsibility for keeping themselves healthy. Face it; that's what most of American obesity is.I bust my butt down there in the workout room 5 or 6 days a week just like a lot of you. I don't think I have a right to expect that a woman should fall in love with me if decide to let myself blow up to 300 lbs. Willingly letting your health go down the drain like that is selfish, short-sighted and says a lot about your personality.Okay, can I come out from cover now? :-)>> oh yeah kitchen nightmares. it was originally a BBC thing he did in britian then brought over here. tell ya the american version MADE tv b/c of how more embarrassing the ppl in america acted over britian. > > donna i have to agree we are over bombarded with images of perfection and beauty. while its nice to play dress and be glamorous there is almost no looking at the other side of things and if some magazines do its with such negativity that its hard to see ourselves as "pretty" when celebs with the same "flaws" with get chastize for it in a magazine. > > i read one standing line one day about katherine heigel and her "saggy butt". she didn't really have a saggy butt but she is like a kettlebell queen like darcy and i so i took a little offense that this thin woman who can hoist heavy bells with the best of can't be given a positive spin. okay she is not perfect but she is a strong lady to take on such a tough routine from a tough trainer! they sure as heck don't say that! > > i have a bit of belly buldge that hates to go away the older i get. its hard to say gosh i am strong i workout hard when i have the body of britney when everybody called her fat.shoot i would have like to have been britney fat LOL she was still in better shape then my abs look now. i have serious self esteem issues b/c i was raised by somebody in the same fashion. never looking on the bright side or the positives or even praising when it was good time too. just always negative negative could be better etc. there are millions like me too! like i said i won't blame media on ALL of it but they have their hands in a big chunk of it. > > i give a shout out to all my curvy girls though b/c real men love curves and a woman who isn't afraid to order more then just a light salad on a date. > > kassia>

Guest guest

What you're missing though, Trisha, about workout videos is that many of those women used to be plus-sized and got themselves healthy, not "skinny"! On some videos they'll tell you someone lost 70 pounds using the star's videos, etc. I had a lady in one of my WW meetings expressing exactly what you did and had another member tell her this information. Many people in the group found it inspiring and started changing their thoughts about using workout videos. When I first started with videos I was not overweight but was also not at all toned. I looked at the people in the videos and picked out the bodies I wanted to have. I knew that if I kept at it I could. (I'm still working at it but have made great progress!)

I agree the media celebrating very thin with huge boobs does have a very negative impact on women but I don't think celebrating being overweight is any better. The guy on that show isn't exactly the hunky model type like on the bachelor either so what message does that send? That yes, these women can get an "average" guy but not a male super model? That doesn't send a very positive message either I think.

(who really should be cooking dinner & who meant to read the other posts on this topic before jumping in but just jumped in anyway, sorry if these points have already been made, I promise to be quiet until I read more from now on!)

Wow, it looks like I really started something here. I didn't think the discussion would get this intense so fast.Kassia has a great point that the media wrongly portrays how people--especially women--should look. I'm not in favor of that at all.My suspicion about this show is that it may normalize obesity by showing what a great thing it is that such a woman can find a guy.Now, before everybody throws rotten tomatoes (or worse) at me, let me make myself clear. I know it's not realistic to expect every woman to be a miniature size, and I wish the media didn't put that pressure out there. At the same time, approving of obesity is not a healthy message to send either. I suspect the tone of the show will be "See, here's a guy who's not too shallow to date a heavy woman unlike the rest of you shallow American men, so there's nothing wrong with being fat."To which my response is: Yes, there is something wrong with that. It's hazardous to your health. Where is the personal responsibility of those who are overweight? How can anybody--male or female--live a lifestyle that contributes to obesity and all the health problems that come with it and yet expect that other people should just overlook the problems of being in a relationship with an obese person?Maybe the guy on the show does have a problem with women so he needs something pathetic like this show to get a date. (Of course he's also doing it for the money.) But if he's smart, why would he get into a relationship with a woman who is on a collision course with a heart attack and could be dead in a few years?Of course, not all obesity is within our ability to control. I've known people with thyroid problems and things that make them obese no matter what. I don't blame them for the way they are, and I feel sorry for them. But I have no sympathy for the growing number of people in this country--both men and women--who are to darned lazy and undisciplined to take responsibility for keeping themselves healthy. Face it; that's what most of American obesity is.I bust my butt down there in the workout room 5 or 6 days a week just like a lot of you. I don't think I have a right to expect that a woman should fall in love with me if decide to let myself blow up to 300 lbs. Willingly letting your health go down the drain like that is selfish, short-sighted and says a lot about your personality.Okay, can I come out from cover now? :-)>> oh yeah kitchen nightmares. it was originally a BBC thing he did in britian then brought over here. tell ya the american version MADE tv b/c of how more embarrassing the ppl in america acted over britian. > > donna i have to agree we are over bombarded with images of perfection and beauty. while its nice to play dress and be glamorous there is almost no looking at the other side of things and if some magazines do its with such negativity that its hard to see ourselves as "pretty" when celebs with the same "flaws" with get chastize for it in a magazine. > > i read one standing line one day about katherine heigel and her "saggy butt". she didn't really have a saggy butt but she is like a kettlebell queen like darcy and i so i took a little offense that this thin woman who can hoist heavy bells with the best of can't be given a positive spin. okay she is not perfect but she is a strong lady to take on such a tough routine from a tough trainer! they sure as heck don't say that! > > i have a bit of belly buldge that hates to go away the older i get. its hard to say gosh i am strong i workout hard when i have the body of britney when everybody called her fat.shoot i would have like to have been britney fat LOL she was still in better shape then my abs look now. i have serious self esteem issues b/c i was raised by somebody in the same fashion. never looking on the bright side or the positives or even praising when it was good time too. just always negative negative could be better etc. there are millions like me too! like i said i won't blame media on ALL of it but they have their hands in a big chunk of it. > > i give a shout out to all my curvy girls though b/c real men love curves and a woman who isn't afraid to order more then just a light salad on a date. > > kassia>

Guest guest

trish i can seem some videos where you say skinny a$$(i like jari love videos but do not like her ribs sticking at me) but i have some kathy smith back in the day and she was pretty healthy as opposed to an extremely lean self she has now. not sure if you ever looked into amy bento or cathe friedrich. they are lean but i wouldn't call them skinny. especially since they both can out bench me in a heart beat LOL they are full muscular women. ya never see any of them on a reality show either.the only reason i am not crazy about the show is b/c its always drama! if not a dating show then another show its all drama and its not really reality b/c they kind of force the drama(the producers do) and the publicity will really play on "weight". i don't know why it can't be just ppl not skinny,not plus size, not black or white just HUMAN. i would still not like the

show anyway b/c i just don't like that kind of show but ppl do get their feelings hurt and TV knows how to play it up without regard to them and this whole premise is the guy likes his women bigger. which is fine good for him but really a show? and since we are on the topic of not getting our space in the sun how about my size. not skinny not plus size falling in the middle we get NO love, as you can tell about my rant about ppl at work. with the bigger women i am a skinny bitch to the skinny girls i am a heffer. doesn't feel to good which is why i try not to judge somebody on weight and wish ppl would see the beauty in all shapes and sizes. we have no representation either. kassia

Guest guest

trish i can seem some videos where you say skinny a$$(i like jari love videos but do not like her ribs sticking at me) but i have some kathy smith back in the day and she was pretty healthy as opposed to an extremely lean self she has now. not sure if you ever looked into amy bento or cathe friedrich. they are lean but i wouldn't call them skinny. especially since they both can out bench me in a heart beat LOL they are full muscular women. ya never see any of them on a reality show either.the only reason i am not crazy about the show is b/c its always drama! if not a dating show then another show its all drama and its not really reality b/c they kind of force the drama(the producers do) and the publicity will really play on "weight". i don't know why it can't be just ppl not skinny,not plus size, not black or white just HUMAN. i would still not like the

show anyway b/c i just don't like that kind of show but ppl do get their feelings hurt and TV knows how to play it up without regard to them and this whole premise is the guy likes his women bigger. which is fine good for him but really a show? and since we are on the topic of not getting our space in the sun how about my size. not skinny not plus size falling in the middle we get NO love, as you can tell about my rant about ppl at work. with the bigger women i am a skinny bitch to the skinny girls i am a heffer. doesn't feel to good which is why i try not to judge somebody on weight and wish ppl would see the beauty in all shapes and sizes. we have no representation either. kassia

Guest guest

gosh laura i am sorry you had to go through that. i understand though b/c its like you are a good person and you will be whether you were 90 or 900lbs and why does a little weight have to define the person you are.and men like that i hope kick themselves for not getting to understand that and seeing how great a person is and weight doesn't define that person. and i can't believe you are even in the 200 range. you certainly don't show it and even before seeing all your pics i thought you were a great beautiful person its just nice to see that smile matches the personality! yeah dh does that "if i lose an arm etc etc" haven't gone anywhere yet and certainly not going anywhere now. fitness blogSpecial Needs Scouting I have been told by men before in tactful and sometimes not-so-tactful ways that they liked me a lot but that I was too fat for them to date. I understand, you like what you like, but it also bums me out that they supposedly like me that much and this is the one thing that stands in the way. What if I was 140 lbs, they got everything they wanted, then I got in a car accident and lost both of my legs? Would they still love me and stick around or would they

split?

Guest guest

gosh laura i am sorry you had to go through that. i understand though b/c its like you are a good person and you will be whether you were 90 or 900lbs and why does a little weight have to define the person you are.and men like that i hope kick themselves for not getting to understand that and seeing how great a person is and weight doesn't define that person. and i can't believe you are even in the 200 range. you certainly don't show it and even before seeing all your pics i thought you were a great beautiful person its just nice to see that smile matches the personality! yeah dh does that "if i lose an arm etc etc" haven't gone anywhere yet and certainly not going anywhere now. fitness blogSpecial Needs Scouting I have been told by men before in tactful and sometimes not-so-tactful ways that they liked me a lot but that I was too fat for them to date. I understand, you like what you like, but it also bums me out that they supposedly like me that much and this is the one thing that stands in the way. What if I was 140 lbs, they got everything they wanted, then I got in a car accident and lost both of my legs? Would they still love me and stick around or would they

split?

Guest guest

replying to myself wanted to clarify that therapy is OMG tough and if i haven't left yet with all i heard him having a few extra pounds or losing an arm isn't going to change anything now and if i haven't left before when it was worse for us i am certainly not going anywhere now that we are working on things. kassia yeah dh does that "if i lose an arm etc etc" haven't gone

anywhere yet and certainly not going anywhere now. fitness blogSpecial Needs Scouting I have been told by men before in tactful and sometimes not-so-tactful ways that they liked me a lot but that I was too fat for them to date. I understand, you like what you like, but it also bums me out that they supposedly like me that much and this is the one thing that stands in the way. What if I was 140

lbs, they got everything they wanted, then I got in a car accident and lost both of my legs? Would they still love me and stick around or would they

split?

Guest guest

replying to myself wanted to clarify that therapy is OMG tough and if i haven't left yet with all i heard him having a few extra pounds or losing an arm isn't going to change anything now and if i haven't left before when it was worse for us i am certainly not going anywhere now that we are working on things. kassia yeah dh does that "if i lose an arm etc etc" haven't gone

anywhere yet and certainly not going anywhere now. fitness blogSpecial Needs Scouting I have been told by men before in tactful and sometimes not-so-tactful ways that they liked me a lot but that I was too fat for them to date. I understand, you like what you like, but it also bums me out that they supposedly like me that much and this is the one thing that stands in the way. What if I was 140

lbs, they got everything they wanted, then I got in a car accident and lost both of my legs? Would they still love me and stick around or would they

split?

Guest guest

i have to say i'm sorry my last post was kinda mean and i didn't mean for it to sound that way. i in NO way meant to insult or criticize anyone i was just trying to express how i feel about that! TrishaFrom: revaddict <revaddict@...> Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 12:06:06 PMSubject: Re: OT: More to Love?

>

>

>

>

>

>

> kassia

>

Guest guest

i have to say i'm sorry my last post was kinda mean and i didn't mean for it to sound that way. i in NO way meant to insult or criticize anyone i was just trying to express how i feel about that! TrishaFrom: revaddict <revaddict@...> Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 12:06:06 PMSubject: Re: OT: More to Love?

>

>

>

>

>

>

> kassia

>

Guest guest

i can understand trish. on one hand its good to see ppl represented but on the other hand this particular situation gets me b/c to me its like being exploited and nobody deserves that.kassia fitness blogSpecial Needs Scouting From: Trisha Brandt <wilbty1@...>Subject: Re: Re: OT: More to

Love? Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 7:01 PM

i have to say i'm sorry my last post was kinda mean and i didn't mean for it to sound that way. i in NO way meant to insult or criticize anyone i was just trying to express how i feel about that! Trisha

Guest guest

i can understand trish. on one hand its good to see ppl represented but on the other hand this particular situation gets me b/c to me its like being exploited and nobody deserves that.kassia fitness blogSpecial Needs Scouting From: Trisha Brandt <wilbty1@...>Subject: Re: Re: OT: More to

Love? Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 7:01 PM

i have to say i'm sorry my last post was kinda mean and i didn't mean for it to sound that way. i in NO way meant to insult or criticize anyone i was just trying to express how i feel about that! Trisha

Guest guest

i agree! TrishaFrom: Kassia <ldy_solana@...> Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:08:59 PMSubject: Re: Re: OT: More to Love?

i can understand trish. on one hand its good to see ppl represented but on the other hand this particular situation gets me b/c to me its like being exploited and nobody deserves that.kassia fitness blogSpecial Needs Scouting From: Trisha Brandt <wilbty1 (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Re: OT: More to

Love?Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 7:01 PM

Guest guest

i agree! TrishaFrom: Kassia <ldy_solana@...> Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:08:59 PMSubject: Re: Re: OT: More to Love?

i can understand trish. on one hand its good to see ppl represented but on the other hand this particular situation gets me b/c to me its like being exploited and nobody deserves that.kassia fitness blogSpecial Needs Scouting From: Trisha Brandt <wilbty1 (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Re: OT: More to

Love?Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 7:01 PM

Guest guest

ur right it is alot of over weight people's choices to be over weight sure they have the poor me excuses, but the world sees it as a woman should be a size 3-6 that' ok if ur bigger ur an outcast disguisting blob. i have never in my life been those sizes, not even as a kid i went from kids 14 right to womens 8's at 12 yrs old i wore stretch clothes. in marylin manroes day sixe 12 was the average size of american women, now the average size is 14. but tv doesn't reflect that and always showing skinny little models tells are little girls that they aren't good enough if they aren't a tiny size 5, i was one of the little girls still am on many levels. i agree that this shows tells ppl it's ok to be obese and it's not ok we as humans should be more aware of what we put into our bodies but controling how

much can be SOOOO hard and some ppl can't control it they gave up along time ago, it's sad but true. we don't need this group of women teaching our kids it's ok but it would be nice to see more size 12 and 14 girls on tv more for me and those little girls TrishaFrom: "snowlily1960@..." <snowlily1960@...> Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:09:50 PMSubject: Re: Re: OT: More to

Love?

Oh my gosh! I saw this post and just had to write....... ........I didn't read all the responses yet so if I am repeating anything someone else said I apologize. I just saw a commercial for this today and was very surprised and disappointed.

I am 48 years old. My mom and dad are 69 and 73 respectively. I have watched both of them age - One VERY gracefully, one not so much at all. I absolutely hate ANYTHING that makes it seem like being obese is ok. Because lets face it, it is not. My mother has been between 2 and 300 pounds for as long as I can remember. I used to try really hard to get her to work out and watch what she eats, anything and everything you can think of to help her. I have even suggested therapy to get to the bottom of her food addiction. In part because I have spent a lifetime watching her destroy her health by over eating. She is a 3 time cancer survivor and because I also had cancer a couple of years ago, I have learned a LOT about risk factors. Obesity for a LOT of cancers increases your risk up to 50 percent. Not to mention the heart risks. I won't stay on this long because I know this isn't a cancer support group but I think it bears mentioning. When I was diagnosed, I was at a good weight eating pretty decent and exercising almost every day. I was young to get it too, only 45. I was told by all of the doctors treating me that they were amazed the cancer was so well behaved, that more often in younger women it is very aggressive. Thank God mine wasn't. They credited how well I took care of myself over and over for how easy the experience was for me. I have REALLY focused on that as part of continuing to take care of myself. And feel like being at a healthy weight really benefited me.

My dad has been an exerciser for as long as I can remember and his health has been great. He is still extremely active especially for a man his age. He still mtn bikes! I have watched what her being overweight has done to him. After a while you start to resent the person for it, because they are constantly making comments about their weight or often expecting special treatment because of it. Obviously this is something I feel very strongly about because it has been so personal:-) But a show that puts this out there as fine and showing people maybe starting a relationship with this kind of baggage shows very poor judgement. I don't in any way mean offense to anyone that has weight issues because of a health problem. But for just your average person, probably most of us would be overweight if we didn't work so hard at staying fit. It is a choice.

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

Guest guest

ur right it is alot of over weight people's choices to be over weight sure they have the poor me excuses, but the world sees it as a woman should be a size 3-6 that' ok if ur bigger ur an outcast disguisting blob. i have never in my life been those sizes, not even as a kid i went from kids 14 right to womens 8's at 12 yrs old i wore stretch clothes. in marylin manroes day sixe 12 was the average size of american women, now the average size is 14. but tv doesn't reflect that and always showing skinny little models tells are little girls that they aren't good enough if they aren't a tiny size 5, i was one of the little girls still am on many levels. i agree that this shows tells ppl it's ok to be obese and it's not ok we as humans should be more aware of what we put into our bodies but controling how

much can be SOOOO hard and some ppl can't control it they gave up along time ago, it's sad but true. we don't need this group of women teaching our kids it's ok but it would be nice to see more size 12 and 14 girls on tv more for me and those little girls TrishaFrom: "snowlily1960@..." <snowlily1960@...> Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:09:50 PMSubject: Re: Re: OT: More to

Love?

Oh my gosh! I saw this post and just had to write....... ........I didn't read all the responses yet so if I am repeating anything someone else said I apologize. I just saw a commercial for this today and was very surprised and disappointed.

I am 48 years old. My mom and dad are 69 and 73 respectively. I have watched both of them age - One VERY gracefully, one not so much at all. I absolutely hate ANYTHING that makes it seem like being obese is ok. Because lets face it, it is not. My mother has been between 2 and 300 pounds for as long as I can remember. I used to try really hard to get her to work out and watch what she eats, anything and everything you can think of to help her. I have even suggested therapy to get to the bottom of her food addiction. In part because I have spent a lifetime watching her destroy her health by over eating. She is a 3 time cancer survivor and because I also had cancer a couple of years ago, I have learned a LOT about risk factors. Obesity for a LOT of cancers increases your risk up to 50 percent. Not to mention the heart risks. I won't stay on this long because I know this isn't a cancer support group but I think it bears mentioning. When I was diagnosed, I was at a good weight eating pretty decent and exercising almost every day. I was young to get it too, only 45. I was told by all of the doctors treating me that they were amazed the cancer was so well behaved, that more often in younger women it is very aggressive. Thank God mine wasn't. They credited how well I took care of myself over and over for how easy the experience was for me. I have REALLY focused on that as part of continuing to take care of myself. And feel like being at a healthy weight really benefited me.

My dad has been an exerciser for as long as I can remember and his health has been great. He is still extremely active especially for a man his age. He still mtn bikes! I have watched what her being overweight has done to him. After a while you start to resent the person for it, because they are constantly making comments about their weight or often expecting special treatment because of it. Obviously this is something I feel very strongly about because it has been so personal:-) But a show that puts this out there as fine and showing people maybe starting a relationship with this kind of baggage shows very poor judgement. I don't in any way mean offense to anyone that has weight issues because of a health problem. But for just your average person, probably most of us would be overweight if we didn't work so hard at staying fit. It is a choice.

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

Guest guest

No tomatoes from me , I'm totally on your side. Going to the other extreme doesn't make up for the crap women have been dealt with twig like bodies being celebrated in the media, it is simply another unhealthy extreme.

Guest guest

No tomatoes from me , I'm totally on your side. Going to the other extreme doesn't make up for the crap women have been dealt with twig like bodies being celebrated in the media, it is simply another unhealthy extreme.

Guest guest

Oooooohhhhh you hit my hot button . I have to deal with those people every day and believe me, there are days when I am totally sick of the excuses and leave wanting to scream. Today was one of them. I absolutely dread weighing the people who swear they are "doing everything right but it just isn't working!" 99.99999% of those people have no medical issues for why it shouldn't work, THEY just aren't working like they think they are. They're working really hard at the things they want to work hard at and taking short cuts on the rest but won't admit it. Thankfully, there are also people who really are working at making themselves healthier and it is great fun to support and celebrate with them as they see themselves making steps towards that goal.

Thanks, everybody. Donna, I'll even go a little further than you did. I think it is fair to make a judgment about people who won't lose weight. (Not those who for medical reasons CAN'T but those who just WON'T.) It does say something about you and what you think of the people who love you if you're not willing to make your own health a priority. I'm all in favor of supporting those who want to improve themselves. I just lose all patience with people who whine about their obesity or poor health even though they have made the choices that made them that way.> >> > oh yeah kitchen nightmares. it was originally a BBC thing he did in britian then brought over here. tell ya the american version MADE tv b/c of how more embarrassing the ppl in america acted over britian. > > > > donna i have to agree we are over bombarded with images of perfection and beauty. while its nice to play dress and be glamorous there is almost no looking at the other side of things and if some magazines do its with such negativity that its hard to see ourselves as "pretty" when celebs with the same "flaws" with get chastize for it in a magazine. > > > > i read one standing line one day about katherine heigel and her "saggy butt". she didn't really have a saggy butt but she is like a kettlebell queen like darcy and i so i took a little offense that this thin woman who can hoist heavy bells with the best of can't be given a positive spin. okay she is not perfect but she is a strong lady to take on such a tough routine from a tough trainer! they sure as heck don't say that! > > > > i have a bit of belly buldge that hates to go away the older i get. its hard to say gosh i am strong i workout hard when i have the body of britney when everybody called her fat.shoot i would have like to have been britney fat LOL she was still in better shape then my abs look now. i have serious self esteem issues b/c i was raised by somebody in the same fashion. never looking on the bright side or the positives or even praising when it was good time too. just always negative negative could be better etc. there are millions like me too! like i said i won't blame media on ALL of it but they have their hands in a big chunk of it. > > > > i give a shout out to all my curvy girls though b/c real men love curves and a woman who isn't afraid to order more then just a light salad on a date. > > > > kassia> >>

Guest guest

Oooooohhhhh you hit my hot button . I have to deal with those people every day and believe me, there are days when I am totally sick of the excuses and leave wanting to scream. Today was one of them. I absolutely dread weighing the people who swear they are "doing everything right but it just isn't working!" 99.99999% of those people have no medical issues for why it shouldn't work, THEY just aren't working like they think they are. They're working really hard at the things they want to work hard at and taking short cuts on the rest but won't admit it. Thankfully, there are also people who really are working at making themselves healthier and it is great fun to support and celebrate with them as they see themselves making steps towards that goal.

Thanks, everybody. Donna, I'll even go a little further than you did. I think it is fair to make a judgment about people who won't lose weight. (Not those who for medical reasons CAN'T but those who just WON'T.) It does say something about you and what you think of the people who love you if you're not willing to make your own health a priority. I'm all in favor of supporting those who want to improve themselves. I just lose all patience with people who whine about their obesity or poor health even though they have made the choices that made them that way.> >> > oh yeah kitchen nightmares. it was originally a BBC thing he did in britian then brought over here. tell ya the american version MADE tv b/c of how more embarrassing the ppl in america acted over britian. > > > > donna i have to agree we are over bombarded with images of perfection and beauty. while its nice to play dress and be glamorous there is almost no looking at the other side of things and if some magazines do its with such negativity that its hard to see ourselves as "pretty" when celebs with the same "flaws" with get chastize for it in a magazine. > > > > i read one standing line one day about katherine heigel and her "saggy butt". she didn't really have a saggy butt but she is like a kettlebell queen like darcy and i so i took a little offense that this thin woman who can hoist heavy bells with the best of can't be given a positive spin. okay she is not perfect but she is a strong lady to take on such a tough routine from a tough trainer! they sure as heck don't say that! > > > > i have a bit of belly buldge that hates to go away the older i get. its hard to say gosh i am strong i workout hard when i have the body of britney when everybody called her fat.shoot i would have like to have been britney fat LOL she was still in better shape then my abs look now. i have serious self esteem issues b/c i was raised by somebody in the same fashion. never looking on the bright side or the positives or even praising when it was good time too. just always negative negative could be better etc. there are millions like me too! like i said i won't blame media on ALL of it but they have their hands in a big chunk of it. > > > > i give a shout out to all my curvy girls though b/c real men love curves and a woman who isn't afraid to order more then just a light salad on a date. > > > > kassia> >>

Guest guest

It isn't just lack of self esteem or mental ability... a lot of times it is just plain LAZINESS!!!!! They want it off YESTERDAY and aren't WILLING to put the effort in to changing unhealthy habits. It isn't that they aren't able!!! Not most of them anyway. I know from my own experience how incredibly hard it is to change habits but it can be done, if you want it badly enough. I sound so awful for a WW leader but it is so true! I was that way for MANY years too so I know both sides! (It took me over 20 years to figure out that short cuts don't work! Sometimes I'm a slow learner I guess.)

I agree with the rest of what you said though, including the fact that the idiot you work with has her own set of problems she's working out with you as her victim. Don't be it, Kassia, you are way healthier and stronger than her, physically, mentally and emotionally!

i know a few like this and it stems further then just weight.its self esteem and lack of mental ability to do so,so their pattern is to make fun of others in some way or try to find a weak spot. whose to say where it started but they choose in some way to continue the pattern.obviously these women must be proud of themselves to have the confidence to be on tv and that is great but my issue is all these shows with average women or size 2 gals, always exploit drama and this one i am afraid will go for the social jugular with the weight and what ppl think of them and their weight and judge them for weight and looks. some of them look very pretty and seem so sweet. like i say before i have a bit of a belly bulge and it bothers me i am trying to work on it,but i have one bitch at work that will just point out and be negative like this little bulge defines who i am. there is more to me then a little stomach. there are just as many ppl like the evil woman i work with(whom is naturally thin good for her but eats like crap and parties like she is 20 again but won't come weight lift with me hhhmm) who will be willinging to define you to other based on how you look and its almost that repeat pattern again of ppl judging you. even working out they expect me to be thin like pari hilton or something when i am looking for strength and ability. overall its a media frenzy of looks! well i don't seem ppl on this group on any magazine covers and they are more of an inspiration and more beautiful then celebs and reality 15 min of fame stars. but not everybody would appreciate the beauty of each of us b/c they are so wrapped up in working out for looks then they are about health and strength and i blame a lot of tv for that. kassia

fitness blogSpecial Needs Scouting

I just lose all patience with people who whine about their obesity or poor health even though they have made the choices that made them that way.---

Guest guest

It isn't just lack of self esteem or mental ability... a lot of times it is just plain LAZINESS!!!!! They want it off YESTERDAY and aren't WILLING to put the effort in to changing unhealthy habits. It isn't that they aren't able!!! Not most of them anyway. I know from my own experience how incredibly hard it is to change habits but it can be done, if you want it badly enough. I sound so awful for a WW leader but it is so true! I was that way for MANY years too so I know both sides! (It took me over 20 years to figure out that short cuts don't work! Sometimes I'm a slow learner I guess.)

I agree with the rest of what you said though, including the fact that the idiot you work with has her own set of problems she's working out with you as her victim. Don't be it, Kassia, you are way healthier and stronger than her, physically, mentally and emotionally!

i know a few like this and it stems further then just weight.its self esteem and lack of mental ability to do so,so their pattern is to make fun of others in some way or try to find a weak spot. whose to say where it started but they choose in some way to continue the pattern.obviously these women must be proud of themselves to have the confidence to be on tv and that is great but my issue is all these shows with average women or size 2 gals, always exploit drama and this one i am afraid will go for the social jugular with the weight and what ppl think of them and their weight and judge them for weight and looks. some of them look very pretty and seem so sweet. like i say before i have a bit of a belly bulge and it bothers me i am trying to work on it,but i have one bitch at work that will just point out and be negative like this little bulge defines who i am. there is more to me then a little stomach. there are just as many ppl like the evil woman i work with(whom is naturally thin good for her but eats like crap and parties like she is 20 again but won't come weight lift with me hhhmm) who will be willinging to define you to other based on how you look and its almost that repeat pattern again of ppl judging you. even working out they expect me to be thin like pari hilton or something when i am looking for strength and ability. overall its a media frenzy of looks! well i don't seem ppl on this group on any magazine covers and they are more of an inspiration and more beautiful then celebs and reality 15 min of fame stars. but not everybody would appreciate the beauty of each of us b/c they are so wrapped up in working out for looks then they are about health and strength and i blame a lot of tv for that. kassia

fitness blogSpecial Needs Scouting

I just lose all patience with people who whine about their obesity or poor health even though they have made the choices that made them that way.---