RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Drug interaction results for fioricet & zofran

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you for taking the time to send me this. That meant more than you know, especially right now.

Christy

Drug interaction results for fioricet & zofran

Drug Interactions Checker

Back

Drug interaction results for the following 5 drug(s):

acetaminophen (Ingredient of fioricet)butalbital (Ingredient of fioricet)caffeine (Ingredient of fioricet)Zofran (ondansetron)Zofran (ondansetron)

Interactions between your selected drugs

acetaminophen (Ingredient of fioricet) and butalbital (Ingredient of fioricet) (Moderate Drug-Drug)

MONITOR: Barbiturates may increase the hepatotoxic potential of acetaminophen and decrease its therapeutic effects. The mechanism may be related to accelerated CYP450 metabolism of acetaminophen with consequent increase in hepatotoxic metabolites. This interaction is of greatest concern in cases of acetaminophen overdose.MANAGEMENT: Monitoring for altered efficacy and safety is recommended. Prolonged use or high doses of acetaminophen should be avoided by patients on barbiturate therapy.

Other drugs that your selected drugs interact with

• There are 241 other drugs known to interact with acetaminophen (Ingredient of fioricet)

• There are 1796 other drugs known to interact with butalbital (Ingredient of fioricet)

• There are 220 other drugs known to interact with caffeine (Ingredient of fioricet)

• There are 438 other drugs known to interact with Zofran (ondansetron)

• There are 438 other drugs known to interact with Zofran (ondansetron)

Interactions between your selected drugs and food

caffeine (Ingredient of fioricet) (Minor Drug-Food)

The effect of grapefruit juice on the pharmacologic activity of caffeine is controversial. One report suggests that grapefruit juice increases the effect of caffeine. The proposed mechanism is inhibition of cytochrome P-450 metabolism of caffeine. However, a well-conducted pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic study did not demonstrate this effect. The clinical significance of this potential interaction is unknown.

http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php

Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.

Guest guest

Christy

Hi. I seemed to have missed the original post on the fioricet. I was given this drug with the codeine in it for 8 years for migraines. When I moved to NY 1 year ago she really increased the dose. She was also giving me Tylenol 3(tylenol with codeine). She did not pay attention to the amount of tylenol I was getting and I ended up in the hospital getting the IV antidote for OD on tylenol. I was taking no drugs including tylenol on my own. I just wanted to let you know this because I went through a major drama. The maximum 24 hour dose of tylenol is 4g, or 4000mg. I hope some of this info is useful,

Take Care

Colleen**************Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators. (http://www.walletpop.com/?NCID=emlcntuswall00000001)

Guest guest

I love that drug interaction checker.   With the number of medications that I'm on, the Doctor's say that I have an 100% chance of a drug interaction.   So far, I've been able to minimize drug interactions by checking that website and dividing meds that interact between morning and evening, that way there's at least 12 hours between taking drugs that would interact with each other.   Unfortunately, most drugs interact with grapefruit so I haven't had grapefruit in a long time now, really would like to have some grapefruit one of these days.Regards,On Sep 18, 2008, at 10:55 PM, angelbear1129@... wrote:Drug Interactions Checker   BackDrug interaction results for the following 5 drug(s):acetaminophen (Ingredient of fioricet)butalbital (Ingredient of fioricet)caffeine (Ingredient of fioricet)Zofran (ondansetron)Zofran (ondansetron)Interactions between your selected drugs acetaminophen (Ingredient of fioricet) and butalbital (Ingredient of fioricet)(Moderate Drug-Drug)MONITOR: Barbiturates may increase the hepatotoxic potential of acetaminophen and decrease its therapeutic effects. The mechanism may be related to accelerated CYP450 metabolism of acetaminophen with consequent increase in hepatotoxic metabolites. This interaction is of greatest concern in cases of acetaminophen overdose.MANAGEMENT: Monitoring for altered efficacy and safety is recommended. Prolonged use or high doses of acetaminophen should be avoided by patients on barbiturate therapy.Other drugs that your selected drugs interact with• There are 241 other drugs known to interact with acetaminophen (Ingredient of fioricet)• There are 1796 other drugs known to interact with butalbital (Ingredient of fioricet)• There are 220 other drugs known to interact with caffeine (Ingredient of fioricet)• There are 438 other drugs known to interact with Zofran (ondansetron)• There are 438 other drugs known to interact with Zofran (ondansetron)Interactions between your selected drugs and food caffeine (Ingredient of fioricet) (Minor Drug-Food)The effect of grapefruit juice on the pharmacologic activity of caffeine is controversial. One report suggests that grapefruit juice increases the effect of caffeine. The proposed mechanism is inhibition of cytochrome P-450 metabolism of caffeine. However, a well-conducted pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic study did not demonstrate this effect. The clinical significance of this potential interaction is unknown.http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.phpLooking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.