RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Geir - Diet and Enzymes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 30/05/2006 22:43:06 GMT Daylight Time, geirf@... writes:

To my knowledge there are no enzymes that can allow you to leave / skip gfcfsf diet for an autist.At best the enzymes might reduce peptide load, but not eliminate it and thererfore neither replace a gfcfsf diet !

>>>We left the diet with Houston enzymes and had our first big wow 4 years ago and have never looked back. We had perfect poops in 10 days flat. Hundreds if not thousands by now have left GFCF+++++++++++ with Houston's and some with other enzymes. We remain low sugar, we don;t do MSG, aspartame or artificals because thats good diet for any kid and enzymes work on foods not chemicals.

Peptides are not the only reason kids do well on GFCF and normal folks have them too.

For me, I see the diet is a bandaid and digestive enyzmes as active healers. When you get down to 4 four foods and still you have problems which so many do with the diet and leaky damaged guts - whatever you give them they will eventually react to - thats the nature of most of the problem in my mind - how can that be healthy and if removing the foods healed the gut why does the food intolerance get worse for many as they go on for years?

There are good reasons to avoid milk regardless of diet status IMHO but don;t let anybody convince you that the diet is the be all and end all for all our kids - it simply is not true.

I've been trying to spread the word about biomed for 7 years. See if you tell a new person the first thing they have to do is the GFCF++++++ diet they can;t see the wood for the trees, them you tell them do it for 6-12 months and don;t worry if it makes no difference at all, you have to do it that long - well - running scared or what?

Give them a pot of 90 capsules, low and slow dosing and tell them to give it 4 weeks - they will either no one way or the other if these things will help - you have em - and with the sucess rate of enzymes higher than the diet anyways, the chances of them seeing gains and seeing them quicker and improving their child quicker are all there.

When they see that happen, that quick in front of their own eyes, then, you have em hooked which means diet added in or whatever, that kid is going to get better which was my sole purpose for trying to help in the first place :)

I say this not because I sell Houston enzymes, I sell Houston enzymes because I am honoured to do so, after what they did for my son and so many others

Off my soap box

Mandi x

Guest guest

In a message dated 30/05/2006 22:43:06 GMT Daylight Time, geirf@... writes:

To my knowledge there are no enzymes that can allow you to leave / skip gfcfsf diet for an autist.At best the enzymes might reduce peptide load, but not eliminate it and thererfore neither replace a gfcfsf diet !

>>>We left the diet with Houston enzymes and had our first big wow 4 years ago and have never looked back. We had perfect poops in 10 days flat. Hundreds if not thousands by now have left GFCF+++++++++++ with Houston's and some with other enzymes. We remain low sugar, we don;t do MSG, aspartame or artificals because thats good diet for any kid and enzymes work on foods not chemicals.

Peptides are not the only reason kids do well on GFCF and normal folks have them too.

For me, I see the diet is a bandaid and digestive enyzmes as active healers. When you get down to 4 four foods and still you have problems which so many do with the diet and leaky damaged guts - whatever you give them they will eventually react to - thats the nature of most of the problem in my mind - how can that be healthy and if removing the foods healed the gut why does the food intolerance get worse for many as they go on for years?

There are good reasons to avoid milk regardless of diet status IMHO but don;t let anybody convince you that the diet is the be all and end all for all our kids - it simply is not true.

I've been trying to spread the word about biomed for 7 years. See if you tell a new person the first thing they have to do is the GFCF++++++ diet they can;t see the wood for the trees, them you tell them do it for 6-12 months and don;t worry if it makes no difference at all, you have to do it that long - well - running scared or what?

Give them a pot of 90 capsules, low and slow dosing and tell them to give it 4 weeks - they will either no one way or the other if these things will help - you have em - and with the sucess rate of enzymes higher than the diet anyways, the chances of them seeing gains and seeing them quicker and improving their child quicker are all there.

When they see that happen, that quick in front of their own eyes, then, you have em hooked which means diet added in or whatever, that kid is going to get better which was my sole purpose for trying to help in the first place :)

I say this not because I sell Houston enzymes, I sell Houston enzymes because I am honoured to do so, after what they did for my son and so many others

Off my soap box

Mandi x

Guest guest

>>>Geir I forgot to say I have a copy of karen deFelices bok on Enzymes for Autism which I would be happy to send over to you - if you would like me to send then mail me your address off list and I will post for you :)

Mandi x

In a message dated 30/05/2006 23:44:17 GMT Daylight Time, Mum231ASD@... writes:

Off my soap box

Mandi x

Guest guest

>>>Geir I forgot to say I have a copy of karen deFelices bok on Enzymes for Autism which I would be happy to send over to you - if you would like me to send then mail me your address off list and I will post for you :)

Mandi x

In a message dated 30/05/2006 23:44:17 GMT Daylight Time, Mum231ASD@... writes:

Off my soap box

Mandi x

Guest guest

In a message dated 30/05/2006 23:52:00 GMT Daylight Time, Mum231ASD@... writes:

>>>I should have made it clear that not every kid can leave the diet with enzymes, most everybody can modify and add a few foods and by doing both the diet and the enzymes you do get some active healing going on and things may hcnage over time or after chelation and/or antivirals.

We don't 'need' them anymore for Sam and his casein infraction behaviour/regression used to be wild, but we give them still because I feel its healthy to do so and I am sure it heps with maintining good gut flora and increasing uptake of nutrients

Mandi x

Guest guest

In a message dated 30/05/2006 23:52:00 GMT Daylight Time, Mum231ASD@... writes:

>>>I should have made it clear that not every kid can leave the diet with enzymes, most everybody can modify and add a few foods and by doing both the diet and the enzymes you do get some active healing going on and things may hcnage over time or after chelation and/or antivirals.

We don't 'need' them anymore for Sam and his casein infraction behaviour/regression used to be wild, but we give them still because I feel its healthy to do so and I am sure it heps with maintining good gut flora and increasing uptake of nutrients

Mandi x

Guest guest

Couldn't agree more with Mandi on this, our biggest success is gut healing for .

We have normal BM's day after day we use enzymes, GF/CF only fed Candida for us being so high carb, for the first time in 6yrs we are moving up the height and weight percentiles and have a healthy boy, we did the diet for a yr and a half as a religion and he just didn't thrive at all, there is no one thing that suits all and that includes diet, we have our own diet, avoiding his individual intolerances and using all 3 enzymes.

Vicky

Guest guest

Couldn't agree more with Mandi on this, our biggest success is gut healing for .

We have normal BM's day after day we use enzymes, GF/CF only fed Candida for us being so high carb, for the first time in 6yrs we are moving up the height and weight percentiles and have a healthy boy, we did the diet for a yr and a half as a religion and he just didn't thrive at all, there is no one thing that suits all and that includes diet, we have our own diet, avoiding his individual intolerances and using all 3 enzymes.

Vicky

Guest guest

Hi Mandi x can u please tell me about the Houston enzymesdiet my son is on gf wf df free diet he is 12 and is ADHD autistic sld epilepsy very very hyper please ! plaese ! help me . Eva Mum231ASD@... wrote: >>>Geir I forgot to say I have a copy of karen deFelices bok on Enzymes for Autism which I would be happy to send over to you - if you would like me to send then mail me your address off list and I will post for you :) Mandi x In a message dated 30/05/2006 23:44:17 GMT Daylight Time, Mum231ASD@... writes: To my knowledge there are no enzymes that can allow you to leave / skip gfcfsf diet for an autist.At best the enzymes might reduce peptide load, but not eliminate it and thererfore neither replace a gfcfsf diet ! >>>We left the diet with Houston enzymes and had our first big wow 4 years ago and have never looked back. We had perfect poops in 10 days flat. Hundreds if not thousands by now have left GFCF+++++++++++ with Houston's and some with other enzymes. We remain low sugar, we don;t do MSG, aspartame or

artificals because thats good diet for any kid and enzymes work on foods not chemicals. Peptides are not the only reason kids do well on GFCF and normal folks have them too. For me, I see the diet is a bandaid and digestive enyzmes as active healers. When you get down to 4 four foods and still you have problems which so many do with the diet and leaky damaged guts - whatever you give them they will eventually react to - thats the nature of most of the problem in my mind - how can that be healthy and if removing the foods healed the gut why does the food intolerance get worse for many as they go on for years? There are good reasons to avoid milk regardless of diet status IMHO but don;t let anybody convince you that the diet is the be all and end all for all our kids - it simply is not true. I've been trying to spread the word about biomed for

7 years. See if you tell a new person the first thing they have to do is the GFCF++++++ diet they can;t see the wood for the trees, them you tell them do it for 6-12 months and don;t worry if it makes no difference at all, you have to do it that long - well - running scared or what? Give them a pot of 90 capsules, low and slow dosing and tell them to give it 4 weeks - they will either no one way or the other if these things will help - you have em - and with the sucess rate of enzymes higher than the diet anyways, the chances of them seeing gains and seeing them quicker and improving their child quicker are all there. When they see that happen, that quick in front of their own eyes, then, you have em hooked which means diet added in or whatever, that kid is going to get better which was my sole purpose for trying to help in the first place :) I say this not because I sell

Houston enzymes, I sell Houston enzymes because I am honoured to do so, after what they did for my son and so many others Off my soap box Mandi x

All New – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

Guest guest

In a message dated 31/05/2006 10:43:44 GMT Daylight Time, peta3366@... writes:

In the last 2 DAN conferences I have watched on line the drs advocate the both diet and the enzymes together.

>>>Of course they do - who is gonna buy diet books if everybody just starst with enzymes and they work for that child, sorry if I appear cycnical but when you've been around as long as me and have seen it all play out you see of different picture :)

When Houston came out with Pep and HN Zyme there was hell to pay in DAN! - Jon Pangbourne who stands up and presents himself as an enzyme expert at DAN! actually put up web pages saying they were dnagerous.

Parents ignoring all the fluff and just getting on with things and then voting on the ARI site and telling their DAN!'s is what changed their stance

One of the drs in the Long Beach one said that the diet is the main things to try. And Karyn Serrousi saved her son with the diet ( I know he was very young).

>>>With the SCD diet in the end and she no longer does either......................

Even with the enzymes working well, as they have done for alot of people, don't you think that the gluten or casein will be having an effect on our kids. You can't give them enzymes every time the eat something.

>>>Why not - we did, if they graze you put the enzyme in a cold drink and give them a sip or two each time they have something. Good for 4 hours this way if you store iun the fridge in the meantime. Caps are easy to unscrew and put back toegther anyways.

Imagine your child was 13, bigger than you and you had to start the GFCF+++++ diet - how easy do you think that would be - opening enzymes is waaay easier beleive me especially as I was hopeless at cooking GFCF anways, you should have seen my Barabras rolls - like a quatermass expeiement gone wrong, oh happy days!!

Mandi x

Guest guest

In a message dated 31/05/2006 10:43:44 GMT Daylight Time, peta3366@... writes:

In the last 2 DAN conferences I have watched on line the drs advocate the both diet and the enzymes together.

>>>Of course they do - who is gonna buy diet books if everybody just starst with enzymes and they work for that child, sorry if I appear cycnical but when you've been around as long as me and have seen it all play out you see of different picture :)

When Houston came out with Pep and HN Zyme there was hell to pay in DAN! - Jon Pangbourne who stands up and presents himself as an enzyme expert at DAN! actually put up web pages saying they were dnagerous.

Parents ignoring all the fluff and just getting on with things and then voting on the ARI site and telling their DAN!'s is what changed their stance

One of the drs in the Long Beach one said that the diet is the main things to try. And Karyn Serrousi saved her son with the diet ( I know he was very young).

>>>With the SCD diet in the end and she no longer does either......................

Even with the enzymes working well, as they have done for alot of people, don't you think that the gluten or casein will be having an effect on our kids. You can't give them enzymes every time the eat something.

>>>Why not - we did, if they graze you put the enzyme in a cold drink and give them a sip or two each time they have something. Good for 4 hours this way if you store iun the fridge in the meantime. Caps are easy to unscrew and put back toegther anyways.

Imagine your child was 13, bigger than you and you had to start the GFCF+++++ diet - how easy do you think that would be - opening enzymes is waaay easier beleive me especially as I was hopeless at cooking GFCF anways, you should have seen my Barabras rolls - like a quatermass expeiement gone wrong, oh happy days!!

Mandi x

Guest guest

hi Mandi

In the last 2 DAN conferences I have watched on line the drs

advocate the both diet and the enzymes together. One of the drs in

the Long Beach one said that the diet is the main things to try. And

Karyn Serrousi saved her son with the diet ( I know he was very

young). Even with the enzymes working well, as they have done for

alot of people, don't you think that the gluten or casein will be

having an effect on our kids. You can't give them enzymes every time

the eat something.

Peta

>

>

> In a message dated 30/05/2006 22:43:06 GMT Daylight Time,

geirf@...

> writes:

>

> To my knowledge there are no enzymes that can allow you to

leave / skip

> gfcfsf diet for an autist.

> At best the enzymes might reduce peptide load,

> but not eliminate it and thererfore neither replace a gfcfsf

diet !

>

>

>

> >>>We left the diet with Houston enzymes and had our first big

wow 4 years

> ago and have never looked back. We had perfect poops in 10 days

flat. Hundreds

> if not thousands by now have left GFCF+++++++++++ with Houston's

and some

> with other enzymes. We remain low sugar, we don;t do MSG,

aspartame or

> artificals because thats good diet for any kid and enzymes work on

foods not

> chemicals.

>

> Peptides are not the only reason kids do well on GFCF and normal

folks have

> them too.

>

> For me, I see the diet is a bandaid and digestive enyzmes as

active healers.

> When you get down to 4 four foods and still you have problems

which so many

> do with the diet and leaky damaged guts - whatever you give them

they will

> eventually react to - thats the nature of most of the problem in

my mind - how

> can that be healthy and if removing the foods healed the gut why

does the food

> intolerance get worse for many as they go on for years?

>

> There are good reasons to avoid milk regardless of diet status

IMHO but

> don;t let anybody convince you that the diet is the be all and end

all for all

> our kids - it simply is not true.

>

> I've been trying to spread the word about biomed for 7 years. See

if you

> tell a new person the first thing they have to do is the

GFCF++++++ diet they

> can;t see the wood for the trees, them you tell them do it for 6-

12 months and

> don;t worry if it makes no difference at all, you have to do it

that long -

> well - running scared or what?

>

> Give them a pot of 90 capsules, low and slow dosing and tell them

to give it

> 4 weeks - they will either no one way or the other if these things

will help

> - you have em - and with the sucess rate of enzymes higher than

the diet

> anyways, the chances of them seeing gains and seeing them quicker

and improving

> their child quicker are all there.

>

> When they see that happen, that quick in front of their own eyes,

then, you

> have em hooked which means diet added in or whatever, that kid is

going to get

> better which was my sole purpose for trying to help in the first

place :)

>

> I say this not because I sell Houston enzymes, I sell Houston

enzymes

> because I am honoured to do so, after what they did for my son and

so many others

>

> Off my soap box

>

> Mandi x

>

Guest guest

hi Mandi

In the last 2 DAN conferences I have watched on line the drs

advocate the both diet and the enzymes together. One of the drs in

the Long Beach one said that the diet is the main things to try. And

Karyn Serrousi saved her son with the diet ( I know he was very

young). Even with the enzymes working well, as they have done for

alot of people, don't you think that the gluten or casein will be

having an effect on our kids. You can't give them enzymes every time

the eat something.

Peta

>

>

> In a message dated 30/05/2006 22:43:06 GMT Daylight Time,

geirf@...

> writes:

>

> To my knowledge there are no enzymes that can allow you to

leave / skip

> gfcfsf diet for an autist.

> At best the enzymes might reduce peptide load,

> but not eliminate it and thererfore neither replace a gfcfsf

diet !

>

>

>

> >>>We left the diet with Houston enzymes and had our first big

wow 4 years

> ago and have never looked back. We had perfect poops in 10 days

flat. Hundreds

> if not thousands by now have left GFCF+++++++++++ with Houston's

and some

> with other enzymes. We remain low sugar, we don;t do MSG,

aspartame or

> artificals because thats good diet for any kid and enzymes work on

foods not

> chemicals.

>

> Peptides are not the only reason kids do well on GFCF and normal

folks have

> them too.

>

> For me, I see the diet is a bandaid and digestive enyzmes as

active healers.

> When you get down to 4 four foods and still you have problems

which so many

> do with the diet and leaky damaged guts - whatever you give them

they will

> eventually react to - thats the nature of most of the problem in

my mind - how

> can that be healthy and if removing the foods healed the gut why

does the food

> intolerance get worse for many as they go on for years?

>

> There are good reasons to avoid milk regardless of diet status

IMHO but

> don;t let anybody convince you that the diet is the be all and end

all for all

> our kids - it simply is not true.

>

> I've been trying to spread the word about biomed for 7 years. See

if you

> tell a new person the first thing they have to do is the

GFCF++++++ diet they

> can;t see the wood for the trees, them you tell them do it for 6-

12 months and

> don;t worry if it makes no difference at all, you have to do it

that long -

> well - running scared or what?

>

> Give them a pot of 90 capsules, low and slow dosing and tell them

to give it

> 4 weeks - they will either no one way or the other if these things

will help

> - you have em - and with the sucess rate of enzymes higher than

the diet

> anyways, the chances of them seeing gains and seeing them quicker

and improving

> their child quicker are all there.

>

> When they see that happen, that quick in front of their own eyes,

then, you

> have em hooked which means diet added in or whatever, that kid is

going to get

> better which was my sole purpose for trying to help in the first

place :)

>

> I say this not because I sell Houston enzymes, I sell Houston

enzymes

> because I am honoured to do so, after what they did for my son and

so many others

>

> Off my soap box

>

> Mandi x

>

Guest guest

In a message dated 31/05/2006 19:16:22 GMT Daylight Time, floastie@... writes:

I'm a newbie to this list and I am very interested in what you have tosay vis a vis enzymes!!!! My daughter is 4 and doing well on ABA butwe began to feel that more was needed and began to read about GFCF andDAN amonst many other things. Where can I read more about theseenzymes and also where can I get hold of some? i hope you don't mindme asking but this whole scene is rather daunting its a whole newlanguage for a start.I can also soooo relate to cooking nightmares asI dread the thought of instigating GFCF my cooking is terrible already.

>>>>Your best bet is to join Treating Autism and get de Felices book free as part of your pack - this is a wonderful book, easy reading and so straight forward. (heaps of other good stuff in the membership pack too)

Houstons have two distribitors in the UK, one in Scotland (no website have to ring and me at MandiMart.com - we do website or postal orders.

enzymestuff.com is de Felices site where she has heaps of info and references.

If you don't know where to start at all - look at the AFP Peptizyde orginal - thats the one going after the G & C and other protiens that could be causing issues like soya.

I beleive you should still consider some dietary modifcation even with enzymes, especially with a young child coz its much easier then than later when they are older.

The basics would include keeping to low sugar, avoiding MSG, Aspartame, red and yellow colours in particular, thats for all your children, not just the affected one.

At 4 years old you may be able to do away with milk quite easily - at least as a drink and because the changes from Casein removal are usally seen within 10 days often sooner you could consider trying that, we had great gains from just removing milk as we worked our way up to the CF part (this was back in the pre HNI days).

If you aren't doing so already try to keep a food and behaviour diary each day - just a few notes and you may be able to pinpoint certain foods or groups of foods that are an issue for your child. Common ones in addition to C & G are orange juice, tomatoes, citrus and chocolate but you should be losing that last one anyways for sugar reasons although phenols and Lead contamination issues and the ARI feedback showing removing choclate in particular bringing gains for many children.

Don't worry about specifics or you'll give yourself brain ache - try and grasp the overview

1. Our kids often have damaged guts - maybe through heavy metals, MMR or viral issues

2. Damanged/leaky guts don;t absorb nutrients from fods in the way they should

3. There are more reasons than peptides (improperly broken down food protiens that can cross the wall of the leaky gut and cause behaviours - think sieve) like additives to the milk and sulphur

4. Food removals relieve the stress on the gut, enzymes digest the food properly to relieve the stress

5 Plant based digestive enzymes start working on contact - in the stomach, properly releasing those nutrients which help to repair the gut, feed the child and breaking down the peptides using a broad range of protease enzymes and DPPIV (discovered by Devin Houston CEO of HNI).

You need the other proteases to get the food to a place where the DPPIV can actually strut its stuff so although some companies sell it seperately its not going to help without the other stuff in there.

I am the membership secretary for Treating Autism - I have have your parcel out first class tomorrow if you are keen :)

Keep asking questions, I am hopeless at explaining things

Mandi in Dorset

Guest guest

I'm a newbie to this list and I am very interested in what you have tosay vis a vis enzymes!!!! My daughter is 4 and doing well on ABA butwe began to feel that more was needed and began to read about GFCF andDAN amonst many other things. Where can I read more about theseenzymes and also where can I get hold of some? i hope you don't mindme asking but this whole scene is rather daunting its a whole newlanguage for a start.I can also soooo relate to cooking nightmares asI dread the thought of instigating GFCF my cooking is terrible already.

>>>>Your best bet is to join Treating Autism and get de Felices book free as part of your pack - this is a wonderful book, easy reading and so straight forward. (heaps of other good stuff in the membership pack too)

Houstons have two distribitors in the UK, one in Scotland (no website have to ring and me at MandiMart.com - we do website or postal orders.

If you don't know where to start at all - look at the AFP Peptizyde orginal - thats the one going after the G & C and other protiens that could be causing issues like soya.

I beleive you should still consider some dietary modifcation even with enzymes, especially with a young child coz its much easier then than later when they are older.

The basics would include keeping to low sugar, avoiding MSG, Aspartame, red and yellow colours in particular, thats for all your children, not just the affected one.

At 4 years old you may be able to do away with milk quite easily - at least as a drink and because the changes from Casein removal are usally seen within 10 days often sooner you could consider trying that, we had great gains from just removing milk as we worked our way up to the CF part (this was back in the pre HNI days).

If you aren't doing so already try to keep a food and behaviour diary each day - just a few notes and you may be able to pinpoint certain foods or groups of foods that are an issue for your child. Common ones in addition to C & G are orange juice, tomatoes, citrus and chocolate but you should be losing that last one anyways for sugar reasons although phenols and Lead contamination issues and the ARI feedback showing removing choclate in particular bringing gains for many children.

Don't worry about specifics or you'll give yourself brain ache - try and grasp the overview

1. Our kids often have damaged guts - maybe through heavy metals, MMR or viral issues

3. There are more reasons than peptides (improperly broken down food protiens that can cross the wall of the leaky gut and cause behaviours - think sieve) like additives to the milk and sulphur

4. Food removals relieve the stress on the gut, enzymes digest the food properly to relieve the stress

5 Plant based digestive enzymes start working on contact - in the stomach, properly releasing those nutrients which help to repair the gut, feed the child and breaking down the peptides using a broad range of protease enzymes and DPPIV (discovered by Devin Houston CEO of HNI).

You need the other proteases to get the food to a place where the DPPIV can actually strut its stuff so although some companies sell it seperately its not going to help without the other stuff in there.

I am the membership secretary for Treating Autism - I have have your parcel out first class tomorrow if you are keen :)

Mandi in Dorset

Guest guest

Mandi in Dorset

Guest guest

>

>

> In a message dated 31/05/2006 10:43:44 GMT Daylight Time,

> peta3366@... writes:

>

> In the last 2 DAN conferences I have watched on line the drs

> advocate the both diet and the enzymes together.

>

> >>>Of course they do - who is gonna buy diet books if everybody

just starst

> with enzymes and they work for that child, sorry if I appear

cycnical but

> when you've been around as long as me and have seen it all play out

you see of

> different picture :)

>

> When Houston came out with Pep and HN Zyme there was hell to pay in

DAN! -

> Jon Pangbourne who stands up and presents himself as an enzyme

expert at DAN!

> actually put up web pages saying they were dnagerous.

>

> Parents ignoring all the fluff and just getting on with things and

then

> voting on the ARI site and telling their DAN!'s is what changed

their stance

>

> One of the drs in

> the Long Beach one said that the diet is the main things to try. And

> Karyn Serrousi saved her son with the diet ( I know he was very

> young).

>

> >>>With the SCD diet in the end and she no longer does

> either......................

>

> Even with the enzymes working well, as they have done for

> alot of people, don't you think that the gluten or casein will be

> having an effect on our kids. You can't give them enzymes every time

> the eat something.

>

>

> >>>Why not - we did, if they graze you put the enzyme in a cold

drink and

> give them a sip or two each time they have something. Good for 4

hours this

> way if you store iun the fridge in the meantime. Caps are easy to

unscrew and

> put back toegther anyways.

>

> Imagine your child was 13, bigger than you and you had to start the

> GFCF+++++ diet - how easy do you think that would be - opening

enzymes is waaay

> easier beleive me especially as I was hopeless at cooking GFCF

anways, you should

> have seen my Barabras rolls - like a quatermass expeiement gone

wrong, oh

> happy days!!

>

> Mandi x

>

Dear Mandi

I'm a newbie to this list and I am very interested in what you have to

say vis a vis enzymes!!!! My daughter is 4 and doing well on ABA but

we began to feel that more was needed and began to read about GFCF and

DAN amonst many other things. Where can I read more about these

enzymes and also where can I get hold of some? i hope you don't mind

me asking but this whole scene is rather daunting its a whole new

language for a start.I can also soooo relate to cooking nightmares as

I dread the thought of instigating GFCF my cooking is terrible already.

Ems (mum to Sophie 4)

Guest guest

In a message dated 31/05/2006 21:30:49 GMT Daylight Time, geirf@... writes:

believe you in your reasoning, still there is no reason to except milk if you don`t exclude gluten or soy...

>>>I agree we are milk free but not casein free Do you have any feeling by backmails of how many ( percentage) who definitely benefit from Houston enzymes ?

>>>there is informal study on the enzyme slist parcipnats way back when - its all outlined in karens book - we are talking 85% + positive results with enzymes, not sure about the figures on coming off the diet - many peeps don;t wnat to even if they could but its loads and loads of people (I am so scientific - NOT!)Are there results on peptide assays from ASD children eating "ordinary - milk and gluten", using Houston enzymes ?

>>>No idea - go by the child not the test. If normal people can have peptides in their urine what does this prove? If you have none at all your body can manufacture them in the same way it can with cholesterolDo the Houston enzymes clear urinary peptides, or only lower them ?

>>>they make kids improve and tolerate real foods, many have done the testing but its a while simnce I read every post on the enzymes list - only the A-M group is bigger (about 5,000 members at enzymes), you could ask there or if isn't travelling she may post here as she is a member

I am aware they also deal better with phenol stuff !

>>>Awesome - parent driven product No Fenol - that was parents saying to Devin Houston what we need now is this XXXX.

It can be trickier to introduce than the other enzymes - as in more adjustment effects for some but its a very powerful tool for gut health and phenols - so hard to take fruit and veg away from a child when we are trying to get them to eat healthier

My childs diet was braod before the GFCF diet whebn it went down the tubes and we have never got that back again though many people do with enzymes but as I only really wnated off the damn diet and got toher wonderful improvements I;m not moaning too much :)

Mandi x

Guest guest

believe you in your reasoning, still there is no reason to except milk if you don`t exclude gluten or soy...

>>>I agree we are milk free but not casein free Do you have any feeling by backmails of how many ( percentage) who definitely benefit from Houston enzymes ?

>>>there is informal study on the enzyme slist parcipnats way back when - its all outlined in karens book - we are talking 85% + positive results with enzymes, not sure about the figures on coming off the diet - many peeps don;t wnat to even if they could but its loads and loads of people (I am so scientific - NOT!)Are there results on peptide assays from ASD children eating "ordinary - milk and gluten", using Houston enzymes ?

>>>No idea - go by the child not the test. If normal people can have peptides in their urine what does this prove? If you have none at all your body can manufacture them in the same way it can with cholesterolDo the Houston enzymes clear urinary peptides, or only lower them ?

>>>they make kids improve and tolerate real foods, many have done the testing but its a while simnce I read every post on the enzymes list - only the A-M group is bigger (about 5,000 members at enzymes), you could ask there or if isn't travelling she may post here as she is a member

>>>Awesome - parent driven product No Fenol - that was parents saying to Devin Houston what we need now is this XXXX.

It can be trickier to introduce than the other enzymes - as in more adjustment effects for some but its a very powerful tool for gut health and phenols - so hard to take fruit and veg away from a child when we are trying to get them to eat healthier

My childs diet was braod before the GFCF diet whebn it went down the tubes and we have never got that back again though many people do with enzymes but as I only really wnated off the damn diet and got toher wonderful improvements I;m not moaning too much :)

Mandi x

Guest guest

Mandi x

Guest guest

In a message dated 01/06/2006 00:07:29 GMT Daylight Time, mysuperteach@... writes:

If someone would have told me that at age 42 my goals would consist of formed poops and owning a part of a cow, I would have thought they were mad ;-)

>>>>ROFL

Mandi x

Guest guest

In a message dated 01/06/2006 00:07:29 GMT Daylight Time, mysuperteach@... writes:

If someone would have told me that at age 42 my goals would consist of formed poops and owning a part of a cow, I would have thought they were mad ;-)

>>>>ROFL

Mandi x

Guest guest

>>>>ROFL

Mandi x

Guest guest

I believe you in your reasoning, still there is no reason to except milk if you don`t exclude gluten or soy...Do you have any feeling by backmails of how many ( percentage) who definitely benefit from Houston enzymes ?

Are there results on peptide assays from ASD children eating " ordinary - milk and gluten " , using Houston enzymes ?Do the Houston enzymes clear urinary peptides, or only lower them ?I am aware they also deal better with phenol stuff !

Geir FlatabøOn 5/31/06, Mum231ASD@... <Mum231ASD@...> wrote:

In a message dated 30/05/2006 22:43:06 GMT Daylight Time, geirf@...

writes:

Off my soap box

Mandi x

DISCLAIMER

No information contained in this post is to be construed as medical advice. If you need medical advice, please seek it from a suitably qualified practitioner.

Guest guest

I believe you in your reasoning, still there is no reason to except milk if you don`t exclude gluten or soy...Do you have any feeling by backmails of how many ( percentage) who definitely benefit from Houston enzymes ?

Are there results on peptide assays from ASD children eating " ordinary - milk and gluten " , using Houston enzymes ?Do the Houston enzymes clear urinary peptides, or only lower them ?I am aware they also deal better with phenol stuff !

Geir FlatabøOn 5/31/06, Mum231ASD@... <Mum231ASD@...> wrote:

In a message dated 30/05/2006 22:43:06 GMT Daylight Time, geirf@...

writes:

Off my soap box

Mandi x

DISCLAIMER

No information contained in this post is to be construed as medical advice. If you need medical advice, please seek it from a suitably qualified practitioner.