RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: New here, not yet diagnosed, being tested

Rate this topic

Guest guest

And the reason they don't work in PA. No blood renin to suppress. May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 12, 2009, at 11:44 AM, Bindner wrote: Beta Blockers may kill Renin artificially, so this is also a concern. Bindner Web Directory (links to my sites and blogs): http://www.geocities.com/mikeybdc/index.html http://mikeybdc.blogspot.com From: Francis Bill <georgewbill >Subject: Re: New here, not yet diagnosed, being testedhyperaldosteronism Date: Monday, October 12, 2009, 10:42 AM From what I can make out if you are tested on diuretics and you don't have PA then your renin is going to be increased. If your renin is near the low side that PA should be suspected no matter what the ratio is. To me this would mean that if tested on diuretics and renin is on the low side they PA can't be ruled out and you need further testing. Now I don't know how low this means. Is 1.8 low when on diuretics? My level frow the VA test. How about .8? my level from the Dartmouth test. Is there any way to know what renin should be on diuretics? > > > > >> > > > > If you have PA, is is imperative that you block aldosterone and > > > eat very> > > > low> > > > > salt. Do you have a choice other than VA?> > > > >> > > > > Val> > > >> > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Have not seen really good studies on most drugs in testing A/R on and off. May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 12, 2009, at 12:45 PM, Bindner wrote: Most CCB's effect, but Verapamil does not Bindner Web Directory (links to my sites and blogs): http://www.geocities.com/mikeybdc/index.html http://mikeybdc.blogspot.com From: Francis Bill <georgewbill>Subject: [hyperaldosteronism ] Re: New here, not yet diagnosed, being testedhyperaldosteronismDate: Monday, October 12, 2009, 10:42 AMFrom what I can make out if you are tested on diuretics and you don't havePA then your renin is going to be increased. If your renin is near the lowside that PA should be suspected no matter what the ratio is.To me this would mean that if tested on diuretics and renin is on the lowside they PA can't be ruled out and you need further testing. Now I don'tknow how low this means. Is 1.8 low when on diuretics? My level frow the VAtest. How about .8? my level from the Dartmouth test. Is there any way toknow what renin should be on diuretics?

Guest guest

Francis Bill: Are they worse when K is low? May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 12, 2009, at 1:06 PM, Valarie wrote: I had a lot of arrhythmia until I got on spiro and got my K up. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Francis Bill Here is something one of there other provides had to say. She is only a physicians assistant but she was my PCP. This is what she says about this report The arrhythmia monitor results were reviewed with the patient has no indication that his systoms are related to cardiac. Maybe she is right. LOOP RECORDER REPORT Dates worn: 11/28 -> 12/02/05 Requested by: Amelia Sereen Reason for request: Presyncope Impressions by Dr. Dan O'Rourke: Baseline: NSR @ -90 bpm with frequent asymptomatic PVC's. Event #1: "Short of breath" Sinus tach @ -110 bpm. Event #2: "Fast heart rate" - Sinus tach @ -110 bpm with occasional unifocal isolated PVC's. Event #3: "Dizziness" - NSR @ -90 with occasional unifocal isolated PVC's. Event # 4 : "Short of breath" - Sinus tach @ -115 bpm with rare unifocal isolated PVC's. Event #5: light headed and short of breath - NSR @ 75 bpm. __

Guest guest

Right, but I was referring to the fact that a BB may lead to a false positive test.

Bindner

Web Directory (links to my sites and blogs):

http://www.geocities.com/mikeybdc/index.html

http://mikeybdc.blogspot.com

From: Francis Bill <georgewbill>Subject: [hyperaldosteronism ] Re: New here, not yet diagnosed, being testedhyperaldosteronismDate: Monday, October 12, 2009, 10:42 AM

From what I can make out if you are tested on diuretics and you don't have PA then your renin is going to be increased. If your renin is near the low side that PA should be suspected no matter what the ratio is. To me this would mean that if tested on diuretics and renin is on the low side they PA can't be ruled out and you need further testing. Now I don't know how low this means. Is 1.8 low when on diuretics? My level frow the VA test. How about .8? my level from the Dartmouth test. Is there any way to know what renin should be on diuretics? > > > > >> > > > > If you have PA, is is imperative that you block

aldosterone and > > > eat very> > > > low> > > > > salt. Do you have a choice other than VA?> > > > >> > > > > Val> > > >> > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Right, but I was referring to the fact that a BB may lead to a false positive test.

Bindner

Web Directory (links to my sites and blogs):

http://www.geocities.com/mikeybdc/index.html

http://mikeybdc.blogspot.com

From: Francis Bill <georgewbill>Subject: [hyperaldosteronism ] Re: New here, not yet diagnosed, being testedhyperaldosteronismDate: Monday, October 12, 2009, 10:42 AM

From what I can make out if you are tested on diuretics and you don't have PA then your renin is going to be increased. If your renin is near the low side that PA should be suspected no matter what the ratio is. To me this would mean that if tested on diuretics and renin is on the low side they PA can't be ruled out and you need further testing. Now I don't know how low this means. Is 1.8 low when on diuretics? My level frow the VA test. How about .8? my level from the Dartmouth test. Is there any way to know what renin should be on diuretics? > > > > >> > > > > If you have PA, is is imperative that you block

aldosterone and > > > eat very> > > > low> > > > > salt. Do you have a choice other than VA?> > > > >> > > > > Val> > > >> > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

I don't think I have enough information to know this. I probably don't know what

my true K is due to the way blood is drawn. When it comes to the VA lab you are

a number not a person. Very much like an assemble line.

>

> >

> > I had a lot of arrhythmia until I got on spiro and got my K up.

> >

> >

> >

> > Val

> >

> >

> >

> > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Francis Bill

> >

> >

> > Here is something one of there other provides had to say. She is

> > only a physicians assistant but she was my PCP.

> > This is what she says about this report The arrhythmia monitor

> > results were reviewed with the patient has no indication that his

> > systoms are related to cardiac. Maybe she is right.

> >

> > LOOP RECORDER REPORT

> > Dates worn: 11/28 -> 12/02/05

> > Requested by: Amelia Sereen

> > Reason for request: Presyncope

> > Impressions by Dr. Dan O'Rourke:

> > Baseline: NSR @ -90 bpm with frequent asymptomatic PVC's.

> > Event #1: " Short of breath " Sinus tach @ -110 bpm.

> > Event #2: " Fast heart rate " - Sinus tach @ -110 bpm with occasional

> > unifocal isolated PVC's.

> > Event #3: " Dizziness " - NSR @ -90 with occasional unifocal isolated

> > PVC's.

> > Event # 4 : " Short of breath " - Sinus tach @ -115 bpm with rare

> > unifocal isolated PVC's.

> > Event #5: light headed and short of breath - NSR @ 75 bpm.

> >

> >

> > __

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

If you have PA if is better to have a false positive test then false negative

test.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you have PA, is is imperative that you block aldosterone and

> > > > eat very

> > > > > low

> > > > > > salt. Do you have a choice other than VA?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Val

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

If you have PA if is better to have a false positive test then false negative

test.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you have PA, is is imperative that you block aldosterone and

> > > > eat very

> > > > > low

> > > > > > salt. Do you have a choice other than VA?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Val

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

But my BP is controlled and I have not the symptoms PA's have.

I'm not miserable in heat, although I need a jacket in cold weather.

Yesterday after gym exercise, I measured 103/61 HR 65, and I was tired.

My back began to hurt and I'm trying to fathom that - may be a strain?

I dunno.

The only worrisome thing is the middle of my back (between the shoulder blades) begins to hurt after walking a while, like shopping.

Regards

[hyperaldosteronism ] Re: New here, not yet diagnosed, being tested> hyperaldosteronism> Date: Monday, October 12, 2009, 10:42 AM> > > > From what I can make out if you are tested on diuretics and you don't have> PA then your renin is going to be increased. If your renin is near the low> side that PA should be suspected no matter what the ratio is.> > To me this would mean that if tested on diuretics and renin is on the low> side they PA can't be ruled out and you need further testing. Now I don't> know how low this means. Is 1.8 low when on diuretics? My level frow the VA> test. How about .8? my level from the Dartmouth test. Is there any way to> know what renin should be on diuretics?>__________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.http://www.eset. com__________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

Don't know good studies on the effect of the Aldo/renin ratio. That is doing A/R on and off BB or any other drugs. May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 13, 2009, at 9:48 AM, Bindner wrote: Right, but I was referring to the fact that a BB may lead to a false positive test. Bindner Web Directory (links to my sites and blogs): http://www.geocities.com/mikeybdc/index.html http://mikeybdc.blogspot.com From: Francis Bill <georgewbill>Subject: [hyperaldosteronism ] Re: New here, not yet diagnosed, being testedhyperaldosteronismDate: Monday, October 12, 2009, 10:42 AM From what I can make out if you are tested on diuretics and you don't have PA then your renin is going to be increased. If your renin is near the low side that PA should be suspected no matter what the ratio is. To me this would mean that if tested on diuretics and renin is on the low side they PA can't be ruled out and you need further testing. Now I don't know how low this means. Is 1.8 low when on diuretics? My level frow the VA test. How about .8? my level from the Dartmouth test. Is there any way to know what renin should be on diuretics? > > > > >> > > > > If you have PA, is is imperative that you block aldosterone and > > > eat very> > > > low> > > > > salt. Do you have a choice other than VA?> > > > >> > > > > Val> > > >> > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Not sure if this is a good study on BB or not. It is from the American Heart

Association http://hyper.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/40/6/897. I have it

linked. Most of what I have seen is BB give false positive test. This one shows

that they give false negative tests.

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > > > If you have PA, is is imperative that you block

> >> aldosterone and

> >> > > > eat very

> >> > > > > low

> >> > > > > > salt. Do you have a choice other than VA?

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > > > Val

> >> > > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > >

> >> >

> >>

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Let me ask a dumb question.

Suppose I stop my verapamil for several weeks and measure renin?

How long would it take to get a good renin reading?

I would be at 160/95 during that period.

Would that prove whether verapamil drops renin?

Is that worth the risk?

Regards

Re: Re: New here, not yet diagnosed, being

tested

Don't know good studies on the effect of the Aldo/renin ratio. That is

doing A/R on and off BB or any other drugs.

May your pressure be low!

Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MD

Specializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of

" Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure " .

Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary

forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt

on blood pressure in populations today.

Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009.

Guest guest

Would want to be sure Na in diet was the same at least 1 week before testing. If u are doing well now I would not bother. Risk of letting BP go up for short time is very small but not zero. Question is would one change Rx after testing? If not would not test. If renin still low then might try spiro or eplerenone to see if BP OR K better or u feel better. Major side effect ofSpiro in men is painful breasts. Many will stop because of this. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Oct 14, 2009, at 11:12 AM, jwwright <jwwright@...> wrote:

Let me ask a dumb question.

Suppose I stop my verapamil for several weeks and measure renin?

How long would it take to get a good renin reading?

I would be at 160/95 during that period.

Would that prove whether verapamil drops renin?

Is that worth the risk?

Regards

tested

"Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure".

Guest guest

Did not get to art by touching the link. Will try on computer laterTiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Oct 14, 2009, at 7:53 AM, Francis Bill <georgewbill@...> wrote:

Not sure if this is a good study on BB or not. It is from the American Heart Association http://hyper.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/40/6/897. I have it linked. Most of what I have seen is BB give false positive test. This one shows that they give false negative tests.

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > > > If you have PA, is is imperative that you block

> >> aldosterone and

> >> > > > eat very

> >> > > > > low

> >> > > > > > salt. Do you have a choice other than VA?

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > > > Val

> >> > > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > >

> >> >

> >>

> >

> >

>

Messages in this topic (93)

Reply (via web post)

|

Start a new topic

Change settings via the Web ( ID require

Guest guest

Can try going to links and look for this link AHA Drug Effects on

Aldosterone/Plasma Renin Activity Ratio in Primary Aldosteronism

> > > >> > > > > >

> > > >> > > > > > If you have PA, is is imperative that you block

> > > >> aldosterone and

> > > >> > > > eat very

> > > >> > > > > low

> > > >> > > > > > salt. Do you have a choice other than VA?

> > > >> > > > > >

> > > >> > > > > > Val

> > > >> > > > >

> > > >> > > >

> > > >> > > >

> > > >> > >

> > > >> >

> > > >>

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > Messages in this topic (93) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

> > Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members |

> > Calendar

> >

> > Change settings via the Web ( ID require

>

Guest guest

My endo book, " Basic and clinical Endocrinology " , by Greenspan and Baxter,

1994, pg 352, has a nice diagnosis chart, fig 7-4.

The first measurement is plasma K and if that's high or normal, PA is

excluded.

Pg 362-363 has a nice writeup for renin and essential hypertension, wanders

all over,

but: " ...plasma renin in patients with essential hypertenison varies

considerably. ...around 30% of have low levels of renin activity.

In, general patients with low renin levels respond better to calcium channel

blockers and diuretics and that of patients with higher renin levels

responds better to converting enzyme inhibitors and BBs "

I guess that explains mine.

The pain in my back appears to be joint pain which is made worse by lower b

pressure during exercise.

So I have some generic verapamil which seems to have less medication and I

switched to those.

Regards

tested

" Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure " .

Guest guest

Although Baxter( I assume that he is the Baxter) is an excellent scientist he does not seem to understand the evolution of endocrine disease and has not read older articles by Conn or the ones I have written later or forgotten them. Someone should try to track down and get a pdf for our files on Conn's first article on normokalemic PA published in 1964 -in my article references I recall.The statement that a normal K excludes PA is almost as old as the disease it self.PA science has progresses consderably since 1994. You can get an idea by doing a pubmed search on number of publications on Conn's since 1994. Do they think that pts with PA are born with a low K? May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 15, 2009, at 9:37 AM, jwwright wrote: My endo book, "Basic and clinical Endocrinology", by Greenspan and Baxter, 1994, pg 352, has a nice diagnosis chart, fig 7-4. The first measurement is plasma K and if that's high or normal, PA is excluded. Pg 362-363 has a nice writeup for renin and essential hypertension, wanders all over, but: "...plasma renin in patients with essential hypertenison varies considerably. ...around 30% of have low levels of renin activity. In, general patients with low renin levels respond better to calcium channel blockers and diuretics and that of patients with higher renin levels responds better to converting enzyme inhibitors and BBs" I guess that explains mine. The pain in my back appears to be joint pain which is made worse by lower b pressure during exercise. So I have some generic verapamil which seems to have less medication and I switched to those. Regards Re: Re: New here, not yet diagnosed, being tested Don't know good studies on the effect of the Aldo/renin ratio. That is doing A/R on and off BB or any other drugs. May your pressure be low! Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MD Specializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today. Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009.

Guest guest

I thought I had taught him better than that. For PA use the Endo guidelines in our files. Newer than any text book. But they forgot to mention DASH at all which is hard to believe. May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 17, 2009, at 11:24 AM, jwwright wrote: Yes, Baxter. Do you have a rec endo book? I also have Hadley. Regards Re: Re: New here, not yet diagnosed, beingtestedDon't know good studies on the effect of the Aldo/renin ratio. That isdoing A/R on and off BB or any other drugs.May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of"Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure".Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionaryforces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salton blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009.__________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

Yes, Baxter.

Do you have a rec endo book?

I also have Hadley.

Regards

Re: Re: New here, not yet diagnosed, beingtestedDon't know good studies on the effect of the Aldo/renin ratio. That isdoing A/R on and off BB or any other drugs.May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of"Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure".Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionaryforces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salton blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009.

__________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

IMHO you have early PA. Otherwise Aldo would be very low. May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 12, 2009, at 6:02 PM, jwwright wrote: Actually, my renin is 0.2 and I don't have PA, yet. Aldo 10. I can only think it's there because of the CCB. Regards Re: New here, not yet diagnosed, being tested> hyperaldosteronism > Date: Monday, October 12, 2009, 10:42 AM> > > > From what I can make out if you are tested on diuretics and you don't have> PA then your renin is going to be increased. If your renin is near the low> side that PA should be suspected no matter what the ratio is.> > To me this would mean that if tested on diuretics and renin is on the low> side they PA can't be ruled out and you need further testing. Now I don't> know how low this means. Is 1.8 low when on diuretics? My level frow the VA> test. How about .8? my level from the Dartmouth test. Is there any way to> know what renin should be on diuretics?>__________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

Classic for PA. Not being able to take diuretics. May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 12, 2009, at 6:04 PM, jwwright wrote: Might be an individual thing. Could never take diuretics. Regards [hyperaldosteronism ] Re: New here, not yet diagnosed, being testedhyperaldosteronismDate: Monday, October 12, 2009, 10:42 AMFrom what I can make out if you are tested on diuretics and you don't havePA then your renin is going to be increased. If your renin is near the lowside that PA should be suspected no matter what the ratio is.To me this would mean that if tested on diuretics and renin is on the lowside they PA can't be ruled out and you need further testing. Now I don'tknow how low this means. Is 1.8 low when on diuretics? My level frow the VAtest. How about .8? my level from the Dartmouth test. Is there any way toknow what renin should be on diuretics?__________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

In the old days we used lasix to stimulate renin to detect PA and separate PA from LREH. In essence it is not possible to separate low renin from normal unless you induce sodium depletion using a low salt diet and Lasix. The so called Grim-Weinberger protocol used around the world in the olden days. May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 12, 2009, at 9:42 AM, Francis Bill wrote: From what I can make out if you are tested on diuretics and you don't have PA then your renin is going to be increased. If your renin is near the low side that PA should be suspected no matter what the ratio is. To me this would mean that if tested on diuretics and renin is on the low side they PA can't be ruled out and you need further testing. Now I don't know how low this means. Is 1.8 low when on diuretics? My level frow the VA test. How about .8? my level from the Dartmouth test. Is there any way to know what renin should be on diuretics? > > > > > > > > > > If you have PA, is is imperative that you block aldosterone and > > > eat very > > > > low > > > > > salt. Do you have a choice other than VA? > > > > > > > > > > Val > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Well when I say u cant give us too many details 500 pages my be the limit. ;-) May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 12, 2009, at 11:23 AM, Francis Bill wrote: You are right about the ratio. VA test done by Quest labs RENIN 1.8 ALDOS 16 also note in report Treatment with medications such as diuretics or ACE inhibitors increase PRA levels. Since I was tested on diuretics and beta blocker I guess this would pretain to me. So ratio is mostly higher. Test done at Dartmouth I belive by mayo lab renin .8 aldos 5.5. again tested on diuretics and beta blocker. I am trying to get my story on here. Have some where around 500 pages of information to look at. > > > > Went to my VA doctor today. It is quite clear that he knows nothing about > Conn's and doesn't want any part of Dr Gimm's information on it. I tried to > get him to retest me off the meds. He said that there is no point to it, > even if new tests showed Conn's the only way to treat it is to control B/P > and K nothing about blocking the aldosterone. He says he is already doing > this. He said the risk for surgery isn't worth it. He is sorry tha t I feel > bad but he has done all that he knows how to do. > > > . > Web Bug from > http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/grpspId=1705132763/msgId= > 16495/stime=1255304745/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3 > <http://www.mailscanner.info/images/1x1spacer.gif> >

Guest guest

I think not more then few pages to tell story. After that it becomes to much.

The problem is what from the 500 pages do a put in story.

> > > >

> > > > Went to my VA doctor today. It is quite clear that he knows

> > nothing about

> > > Conn's and doesn't want any part of Dr Gimm's information on it.

> > I tried to

> > > get him to retest me off the meds. He said that there is no point

> > to it,

> > > even if new tests showed Conn's the only way to treat it is to

> > control B/P

> > > and K nothing about blocking the aldosterone. He says he is

> > already doing

> > > this. He said the risk for surgery isn't worth it. He is sorry

> > tha t I feel

> > > bad but he has done all that he knows how to do.

> > >

> > >

> > > .

> > > Web Bug from

> > > http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/

> > grpspId=1705132763/msgId=

> > > 16495/stime=1255304745/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3

> > > <http://www.mailscanner.info/images/1x1spacer.gif>

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Good May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 21, 2009, at 7:39 AM, Francis Bill wrote: I think not more then few pages to tell story. After that it becomes to much. The problem is what from the 500 pages do a put in story. > > > > > > > > Went to my VA doctor today. It is quite clear that he knows > > nothing about > > > Conn's and doesn't want any part of Dr Gimm's information on it. > > I tried to > > > get him to retest me off the meds. He said that there is no point > > to it, > > > even if new tests showed Conn's the only way to treat it is to > > control B/P > > > and K nothing about blocking the aldosterone. He says he is > > already doing > > > this. He said the risk for surgery isn't worth it. He is sorry > > tha t I feel > > > bad but he has done all that he knows how to do. > > > > > > > > > . > > > Web Bug from > > > http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/ > > grpspId=1705132763/msgId= > > > 16495/stime=1255304745/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3 > > > <http://www.mailscanner.info/images/1x1spacer.gif> > > > > > > > >