RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

worm threats

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I just updated mine too. Thanks for the info.

Noelle (12-2-01)Ian (8-15-04)

worm threats

here it is. found it on my norton's site.I logged onto Symantec home page and sure enough, there it was. The name of the worm is W32.Blackmal@mm Update your virus programs ASAP. I`ve included the Symantec link below:http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blackmalmm (DOT) html

Guest guest

so the ironic thing is that i am a mac user, and this isn't supposed

to affect macs. i use mac mail and firefox browser. i avoid using

microsoft products at all so i really have no idea how " i " sent out

that e-mail. is it going through somehow? i'm scanning my

computer now and reading posts from the website and not getting

individual e-mails until this all settles down. i apologize if

anything comes from me. :(

deshea

>

> here it is. found it on my norton's site.

>

>

> I logged onto Symantec home page and sure enough, there it was. The

> name of the worm is W32.Blackmal@mm

> Update your virus programs ASAP. I`ve included the Symantec link

> below:

> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blackmal@mm

> .html

>

Guest guest

okay, i just had to add that it is very strange that the virus post

from " me " occured at 5:16p, and both of my computers (work and home)

were turned off, and i was on a train coming home. that makes me

suspect more and more . . .

> >

> > here it is. found it on my norton's site.

> >

> >

> > I logged onto Symantec home page and sure enough, there it was. The

> > name of the worm is W32.Blackmal@mm

> > Update your virus programs ASAP. I`ve included the Symantec

link

> > below:

> >

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blackmal@mm

> > .html

> >

>

Guest guest

Deshea, it may not even be coming from you. They can just pick up any addresses it finds in an address book and starts sending stuff out that looks like it is coming from you when it might not be.

Re: worm threats

so the ironic thing is that i am a mac user, and this isn't supposedto affect macs. i use mac mail and firefox browser. i avoid usingmicrosoft products at all so i really have no idea how "i" sent outthat e-mail. is it going through somehow? i'm scanning mycomputer now and reading posts from the website and not gettingindividual e-mails until this all settles down. i apologize ifanything comes from me. :(deshea>> here it is. found it on my norton's site.> > > I logged onto Symantec home page and sure enough, there it was. The > name of the worm is W32.Blackmal@mm> Update your virus programs ASAP. I`ve included the Symantec link > below:> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blackmal@mm> .html>

Guest guest

One of my friends called me one night and asked me if

I was still using an old email address that I had

about 10 years ago, I told her no. She had recieved

an email from me supposedly with a virus with that

email address that I thought was out of service.

So what Jenifer said is very true.

Betty

Guest guest

that has happened to me before, same scenario. it was however though that my friend still my had old address in her book. the worm had infected her first and was using my old address probably because it was

"dead" and using it to send out its messages.

WHO are these people that have nothing better to do than create these things? AND the knowledge to write them? i am lucky that i can get to my desk, turn it on and function on the web without the house exploding!! LOL and these are like teenagers writing these viruses usually.

tracey

Re: Re: worm threats

One of my friends called me one night and asked me ifI was still using an old email address that I hadabout 10 years ago, I told her no. She had recievedan email from me supposedly with a virus with thatemail address that I thought was out of service. So what Jenifer said is very true.Betty

Guest guest

I read that article you sent, it isn't suppose to

affect computers until Friday. So why is every one

getting hit now? Oh well, at least we all have

anti-virus programs that caught it. I use McAfee, it

warned me about the virus and it said it quarantine

the virus, here I am looking for this file so that I

could delete all those emails with the virus, I

couldn't find it if my life depended on it. I finally

found it though and deleted it.

Betty

Guest guest

And that is what I find so amazing: they can predict when a virus will hit, so why can't it be stopped before it does damage??? Makes no sense.

Gail******************************************

I read that article you sent, it isn't suppose toaffect computers until Friday. So why is every onegetting hit now? Oh well, at least we all haveanti-virus programs that caught it. I use McAfee, itwarned me about the virus and it said it quarantinethe virus, here I am looking for this file so that Icould delete all those emails with the virus, Icouldn't find it if my life depended on it. I finallyfound it though and deleted it.Betty

Guest guest

ditto!

I read that article you sent, it isn't suppose toaffect computers until Friday. So why is every onegetting hit now? Oh well, at least we all haveanti-virus programs that caught it. I use McAfee, itwarned me about the virus and it said it quarantinethe virus, here I am looking for this file so that Icould delete all those emails with the virus, Icouldn't find it if my life depended on it. I finallyfound it though and deleted it.Betty

Guest guest

well it did say that some are already hit, however mostly in other countries. all i know is the one that came from this group was the blackworm virus, which is the one they are talking about.

i think about it like this though.....india was on the list of countries already hit. most of these "bot" programs and spam bots you see come from those countries, so that is how they are probably spreding to here already.

if you look at the one message from "gail".....it was in broken english. probably originated in some other country somewhere. i try to learn this stuff from my husband who is a computer geek by trade, but my mind just doesn't work like his. so i try to to just convey what he "tries" ( in vain mostly) to teach me! lol

tracey

Guest guest

Tracey,

My DH is a computer geek by trade as well! I have learned a lot from him in almost 15 years of being together, but occasionally, I surprise him because I figured something out before he did! (and I love it!)

Gail******************************************

Guest guest

how did you update it? Chrisitne Claflin <noellesmommy@...> wrote: I just updated mine too. Thanks for the info. Noelle (12-2-01)Ian (8-15-04) worm threats here it is. found it on my norton's site.I logged onto Symantec home page and sure enough, there it was. The name of the worm is W32.Blackmal@mm Update your virus programs ASAP. I`ve included the Symantec link below:http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blackmalmm (DOT) html

Bring words and photos together (easily) with PhotoMail - it's free and works with .

Guest guest

No kidding. These people have too much time on their hands and no real life! Ugh. Why waste such talent to create a virus when they could have a good paying job doing real computer work?

One of my friends called me one night and asked me ifI was still using an old email address that I hadabout 10 years ago, I told her no. She had recievedan email from me supposedly with a virus with thatemail address that I thought was out of service. So what Jenifer said is very true.Betty

Guest guest

I just clicked on my Norton icon and then clicked on live update. Even though I get live updates automatically, when I did that there were two new updates that hadn't been added to my computer yet.

worm threats

here it is. found it on my norton's site.I logged onto Symantec home page and sure enough, there it was. The name of the worm is W32.Blackmal@mm Update your virus programs ASAP. I`ve included the Symantec link below:http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blackmalmm (DOT) html

Bring words and photos together (easily) withPhotoMail - it's free and works with .

Guest guest

I hope my name isn't being attatched to anything,I keep getting emails w/attatchments from people's name from the group which shows they are infected w/a virus. I'm with you- Why do people waste precious time coming up w/something so BAD?! Evan 8/7/05 Claflin <noellesmommy@...> wrote: I just clicked on my Norton icon and then clicked on live update. Even though I get live updates automatically, when I did that there were two new updates that hadn't been added to my computer yet. Noelle (12-2-01)Ian (8-15-04) worm threats here it is. found it on my norton's site.I

logged onto Symantec home page and sure enough, there it was. The name of the worm is W32.Blackmal@mm Update your virus programs ASAP. I`ve included the Symantec link below:http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blackmalmm (DOT) html Bring words and photos together (easily) withPhotoMail - it's free and works with .

Bring words and photos together (easily) with PhotoMail - it's free and works with .