RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Risser Cast

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Has anyone here had success with risser casting?

Sorry about all the posts.. just looking for some experienced advice,

thanks so much!

Guest guest

Meredith I know we talked before. Some hospitals including ours still call it a risser cast when in fact it is a mehta cast. After our first cast the nurse kept calling it a risser cast. I knew from extended convo directly with the doctor it was indeed a mehta cast. They tend to call it that because thats the old school term. After about the third time the nurse in recovery called it a risser cast i had to correct her on the difference and explained the difference between the two. She was a bit put off but finally admitted she didnt know the difference.My point....lol. Maybe start a thread on here titled Riley Hospital. I know we have families that go there and they will chime in and help. Also have you talked to ??Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID Risser Cast

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the group and just found out today that the type of cast my daughter is going to get is the Risser. Based on the communications that I have seen on this site it seems as if the MEHTA cast has better results. What are your thoughts? Does anyone know if there are factors to decide which type of casting is done?

Thank you. Meredith & Olivia