RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

A:  Rice sensitivity and the anti-inflammatory diet

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If you are referring to the diet that I created, which I call the anti-inflammatory diet, I just made it up based on 100% clinical experience and with no science or biochemistry involved. I believe in clinical trials over double blind research.

Dick Thom

Beaverton, OR

cancer, endocrine, Health of Business

Dear ,

as far as I remember, the congestive nature of oranges is due to their high sugar content as well as the allergenic potential; I'd still like to hear more feedback as to why certain foods were included or excluded on the "no" list of the anti-inflammatory diet; anybody out there know?

le Duebendorfer, ND

Sandpoint, ID

chronic disease, cancer, natural family health

Guest guest

Dear Dick,

in my clinical experience the anti-inflammatory diet has worked great as well; I have just found that some patients are not able to follow the whole diet strictly especially right from the start; in those cases I would find it helpful to know more of the rational of why certain foods were included or excluded in the "no" list so that I can make more of an educated decision in counseling my patients ( I am not talking about double blind research)

for example, I have found that way more people react to gluten than to potatoes and tomatoes; I know you will say, then don't exclude them with your clients; I might with some, but would still be interested if in your experience response is better if they are excluded categorically anyways because of some other inflammatory property; I know for example that nightshades are also excluded in macrobiotic and I think aryuvedic medicine as well, because of their more stimulating nature. However, I have had more people with soy allergies than reactions to nightshades and soy is not on the "no" list.

In other words, I am looking for more of a guideline as to how to introduce the anti-inflammatory diet gradually for people who cannot do it all at once; my pre-drainage approach was to rely on elimination/challenge diets to determine reactive foods and then exclude those; I would like to know if there are other principles behind the choices besides allergic potential and obvious stimulatory (caffeine) or toxic (alcohol, bad fats, processed food) items; or at least understand some of your thinking that went behind your development of this diet, assuming that it was a gradual, developing process.

thanks for your help with this, Dick; winter greetings from snowy N-Idaho, le Duebendorfer, ND

gdueb@... ;

Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 11:48 PM

Subject: Re: A: Rice sensitivity and the anti-inflammatory diet

If you are referring to the diet that I created, which I call the anti-inflammatory diet, I just made it up based on 100% clinical experience and with no science or biochemistry involved. I believe in clinical trials over double blind research.Dick ThomBeaverton, ORcancer, endocrine, Health of Business

Dear , as far as I remember, the congestive nature of oranges is due to their high sugar content as well as the allergenic potential; I'd still like to hear more feedback as to why certain foods were included or excluded on the "no" list of the anti-inflammatory diet; anybody out there know? le Duebendorfer, NDSandpoint, IDchronic disease, cancer, natural family health