Re: PA Survey Questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Arthur, you are truly a bastard.

Val

-----Original Message-----

[mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of arthur springer

so what is your mature adult thoughtful and healthy theory of why the

Inspra data got lost? why a survey with a population of ... was it 28?

stirred up such passion? why the voluminous real research work on

hyperaldo seems to be of no interest to anyone here? why a remarkable

paper about Munchausen's provoked such abuse? and why the wiki has

drawn so little interest. i haven't seen you here much, if at all. why

are you here? what do you have to offer and get back? you're quite

mistaken. i take no pleasure in it ... I feel keen disappointment at

the repetitious recycling and the ego trips ....

occasionally something new, interesting and useful comes up. that's why

I'm here.

Guest guest

Well described, Val.

My mature adult thoughtful and healthy theory of the value of this site

is that it allows isolated individuals to share the personal impact on

their lives of this condition.This has been invaluable for me.

Obviously, the medical information is crucial. But so is the sharing of

the personal impact on our lives. This should not be belittled or minimised.

Carol

Valarie wrote:

>

>

> Arthur, you are truly a bastard.

>

> Val

>

> -----Original Message-----

> From: hyperaldosteronism

> <mailto:hyperaldosteronism%40>

> [mailto:hyperaldosteronism

> <mailto:hyperaldosteronism%40>] On Behalf Of arthur

> springer

>

> so what is your mature adult thoughtful and healthy theory of why the

> Inspra data got lost? why a survey with a population of ... was it 28?

> stirred up such passion? why the voluminous real research work on

> hyperaldo seems to be of no interest to anyone here? why a remarkable

> paper about Munchausen's provoked such abuse? and why the wiki has

> drawn so little interest. i haven't seen you here much, if at all. why

> are you here? what do you have to offer and get back? you're quite

> mistaken. i take no pleasure in it ... I feel keen disappointment at

> the repetitious recycling and the ego trips ....

> occasionally something new, interesting and useful comes up. that's why

> I'm here.

>

>

Guest guest

Mocassin thing means walk in our shoes before you judge us.

We are successful people doing successful things.

We've covered most of what you suggest already. Some of us have gotten

patients drugs on a previous program called rxassist before medicare drugs

came along.

I've seen the gov'ts increase spending and coverage over the last 8 - 10

years, and all I had to do was point out how beneficial it would be to the

drug companies selling more drugs.

Honey rather than vinegar thing.

In several groups we merely pointed out that politicians have mothers on

medicare and cancer drugs are not cheap. They're not all millionaires.

You cannot condemn dr's for not knowing about a specific disease or symptom.

They are not the enemy. They are the workers.

These groups deal with just HTN and most patients do not need a group to

explain or enlighten or prod, and we certainly don't need someone telling us

to do something.

Your perspective is to point out another gov't agency to appeal to, whereas

our groups tell the patient what to do for the disease - big difference.

Regards

Re: Re: PA Survey Questions

Lost you on the moccasins thing.

Guest guest

If you read our abstract, which as I recall, Arthur, you helped edit, the data is there.  The data was never lost.  Just did not loadinto an excel file as a csv file because some put , in their answers and a csv file thinks a new data set is coming. At least I think that was the problem.Seems to me the wiki takes time and at least I have not learned how to fiddle with it.CE Grim MDanyway next one should be better.On May 2, 2009, at 4:45 PM, Valarie wrote:Arthur, you are truly a bastard. Val-----Original Message-----From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of arthur springerso what is your mature adult thoughtful and healthy theory of why the Inspra data got lost? why a survey with a population of ... was it 28? stirred up such passion? why the voluminous real research work on hyperaldo seems to be of no interest to anyone here? why a remarkable paper about Munchausen's provoked such abuse? and why the wiki has drawn so little interest. i haven't seen you here much, if at all. why are you here? what do you have to offer and get back? you're quite mistaken. i take no pleasure in it ... I feel keen disappointment at the repetitious recycling and the ego trips ....occasionally something new, interesting and useful comes up. that's why I'm here.

Guest guest

a- think maybe we should open up the survey again as we have had a number of folks join and some oldies who may not have done it.CE Grim MDOn May 1, 2009, at 3:10 PM, a Hall wrote:Here you go: Question 20Current dose of Spironolactone or InspiraSpiro dose / times per dayInspra dose / times per day50 mg/once a day 100 mg twice per day  75 mg three times daily 50mgs, BID25mg per day  50mg / 2times 100mg AM 50mg PM100mg 50mg/1  50 / 2 times a day100 mg 2 times a day 25 mg / once 50/2 25mg/day 37.5mg once per day was on 300 mg, temp off due to vomiting 50 - 2x/d 25mg once per day 50mg twice a day 50mg BID  50 mg twice a day50mg 2x a day 18.75mg once a day  50mg/daily--- On Fri, 5/1/09, alexanderspencerrocketmail<amsc05blueyonder (DOT) co.uk> wrote:From: alexanderspencerrocketmail <amsc05blueyonder (DOT) co.uk>Subject: Re: PA Survey Questionshyperaldosteronism Date: Friday, May 1, 2009, 4:55 PMWithout a reply, am I right to assume the eplerenone (Inspra) doses in the survey were not extractable in a useful form. Sorry to be a pest to the group on this but I think this could be helpful to me.I would also be intersted in reading Dr Grims paper referenced in the Evolution of PA article namely 30. Henry JP, Grim CE: Psychosocial mechanisms of primaryhypertension. J Hypertens 1990, 8:783–793.Is it possible to view this on-line and if so where is the best place to look and are there any tips or tricks to know when trying to read such articles on-line.Thank you.Read my paper in our files on the Evolution of PA.CE Grim MDOn Apr 29, 2009, at 4:44 AM, alexanderspencerrocketmail wrote:> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > Again, I'd like to ask the group to contribute questions to  > > >> the PA> > >> > survey that's being developed. Nobody here has questions they're> > >> > curious about regarding PA? Nobody has questions that they wish  > > >> their> > >> > physician had asked them when they were searching for a diagnosis?> > >> > >> > >> > > a> > >> > >> > >> >> > >> >

Guest guest

Dr. Grim,

Count me among the oldies who forgot to participate. Had a lot of things going

on and neglected to get around to doing it.

Please let me know if you open up the survey again.

Regards,

Jeff

>

> a- think maybe we should open up the survey again as we have had

> a number of folks join and some oldies who may not have done it.

>

> CE Grim MD

>

Guest guest

Did u see the summary report we did for the Int Soc of Htn in Blacks?Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 9, 2009, at 10:03 PM, datawrhsdoc <datawrhsdoc@...> wrote:

Dr. Grim,

Count me among the oldies who forgot to participate. Had a lot of things going on and neglected to get around to doing it.

Please let me know if you open up the survey again.

Regards,

Jeff

>

> a- think maybe we should open up the survey again as we have had

> a number of folks join and some oldies who may not have done it.

>

> CE Grim MD

>

Guest guest

I think you need to explain existing security provisions and determine

whether or not can upgrade security. I very rarely disclose any

HIPPA-protected information on the internet except to known providers

with high security.

On May 10, 2009, at 1:03 AM, datawrhsdoc wrote:

>

>

> Dr. Grim,

>

> Count me among the oldies who forgot to participate. Had a lot of

> things going on and neglected to get around to doing it.

>

> Please let me know if you open up the survey again.

>

> Regards,

> Jeff

>

>

> >

> > a- think maybe we should open up the survey again as we have

> had

> > a number of folks join and some oldies who may not have done it.

> >

> > CE Grim MD

> >

>

>

Guest guest

I agree re security so we don't collect identifying information such as BD, SSN etc We do have the handle folks sign in at our site with if they want. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 10, 2009, at 5:28 AM, arthur springer <as99@...> wrote:I think you need to explain existing security provisions and determine whether or not can upgrade security. I very rarely disclose any HIPPA-protected information on the internet except to known providers with high security.On May 10, 2009, at 1:03 AM, datawrhsdoc wrote:Dr. Grim, Count me among the oldies who forgot to participate. Had a lot of things going on and neglected to get around to doing it. Please let me know if you open up the survey again. Regards, Jeff > > a- think maybe we should open up the survey again as we have had > a number of folks join and some oldies who may not have done it. > > CE Grim MD >

Guest guest

The survey is still open, I thought we decided to leave it open indefinitely. Anyone who has been diagnosed with PA and hasn't taken it can do so at:

http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=HIJIO_f2685379

> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > Again, I'd like to ask the group to contribute questions to > > >> the PA> > >> > survey that's being developed. Nobody here has questions they're> > >> > curious about

regarding PA? Nobody has questions that they wish > > >> their> > >> > physician had asked them when they were searching for a diagnosis?> > >> > >> > >> > > a> > >> > >> > >> >> > >> >

Guest guest

unfortunately the security and identity theft problems have gone far

beyond BD and SSN.

On May 10, 2009, at 7:52 AM, Clarence Grim wrote:

>

>

> I agree re security so we don't collect identifying information such

> as BD, SSN etc 

>

> We do have the handle folks sign in at our site with if they want. 

>

>

>

>

> Tiped sad Send form mi

> iPhone ;-)

>

> May your pressure be low!

>

> CE Grim MD

> Specializing in Difficult

> Hypertension

>

> On May 10, 2009, at 5:28 AM, arthur springer <as99@...> wrote:

>

>> I think you need to explain existing security provisions and

>> determine whether or not can upgrade security. I very rarely

>> disclose any  HIPPA-protected information on the internet except to

>> known providers with high security.

>>

>> On May 10, 2009, at 1:03 AM, datawrhsdoc wrote:

>>

>>>

>>>

>>> Dr. Grim,

>>>

>>> Count me among the oldies who forgot to participate. Had a lot of

>>> things going on and neglected to get around to doing it.

>>>

>>> Please let me know if you open up the survey again.

>>>

>>> Regards,

>>> Jeff

>>>

>>>

>>> >

>>> > a- think maybe we should open up the survey again as we have

>>> had

>>> > a number of folks join and some oldies who may not have done it.

>>> >

>>> > CE Grim MD

>>> >

>>>

>>>

>

Guest guest

Let's see. "They" have all my health info. Everywhere I go I hafta identify myself with date of birth, name and address.

My PC is hooked to the inet. I've used the same ID from the beginning on the inet - the server not an anonymous account.

The only thing they might not know is the color of my toenails.

What is it that we think has to be so secure?

We don't sign our credit cards because we don't want those who find them to know our signature. So sometimes we hafta id with a driver's license. That license had my picture, signature, and in their files they have my thumbprints and SS number.

No one in this country can hide anywhere for long unless they have a mommy (and lotsa cash).

Regards

I agree re security so we don't collect identifying information such as BD, SSN etc

We do have the handle folks sign in at our site with if they want.

Tiped sad Send form mi

iPhone ;-)

May your pressure be low!

CE Grim MD

Specializing in Difficult

Hypertension

On May 10, 2009, at 5:28 AM, arthur springer <as99verizon (DOT) net> wrote:

I think you need to explain existing security provisions and determine whether or not can upgrade security. I very rarely disclose any HIPPA-protected information on the internet except to known providers with high security.On May 10, 2009, at 1:03 AM, datawrhsdoc wrote:

Dr. Grim,Count me among the oldies who forgot to participate. Had a lot of things going on and neglected to get around to doing it.Please let me know if you open up the survey again.Regards,Jeff>> a- think maybe we should open up the survey again as we have had > a number of folks join and some oldies who may not have done it.> > CE Grim MD>

Guest guest

Good I have added this to my welcome signature.Anything else I should add or edit out of my signature below? Welcome1.  Read my article in our files on the evolution of PA (Evolution_of_PA-Grim.pdf ) and take to all members of health care team.  Tell us what stage you believe you are in.2.  Read our Conn's stories files and then give us your own in as much detail as you can.3.  Get the DASH diet book by T. et al, read it and use it.  $8 in paperback at your local bookstore.or go to http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/hbp/dash/new_dash.pdfdownload this for booklet free and do the Week on the DASH Diet for 2 weeks. Measure your BP daily so you can see if it is getting better.  If you are taking meds be sure to tell your health care team you are doing this as your BP may plummet to normal quickly.4.  Go to familyhistory.hhs.gov and do your detailed family medical history so we can review with you to help Dx familial causes of high blood pressure and heart disease.  If BP runs in your family you may save others in your family by checking their BP yourself.6.  If you have been Dxed with PA already and are on Rx or have had surgery please go to http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=HIJIO_f2685379 and complete our survey with as much information as you know.  If there is some information you don'k know ask us and we will help.Clarence E. Grim BS, MS, MD, FACP, FACCBoard Certified in Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, and High Blood PressureClinincal Professor of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Medical College of WisconsinSpecializing in Difficult to Control HIgh Blood Pressure. On May 10, 2009, at 6:31 AM, a Hall wrote:The survey is still open, I thought we decided to leave it open indefinitely.  Anyone who has been diagnosed with PA and hasn't taken it can do so at:  http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=HIJIO_f2685379   --- On Sun, 5/10/09, Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac> wrote:From: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac>Subject: Re: Re: PA Survey Questionshyperaldosteronism Date: Sunday, May 10, 2009, 12:57 AMa- think maybe we should open up the survey again as we have had a number of folks join and some oldies who may not have done it.CE Grim MDOn May 1, 2009, at 3:10 PM, a Hall wrote:Here you go: Question 20Current dose of Spironolactone or InspiraSpiro dose / times per dayInspra dose / times per day50 mg/once a day 100 mg twice per day  75 mg three times daily 50mgs, BID25mg per day  50mg / 2times 100mg AM 50mg PM100mg 50mg/1  50 / 2 times a day100 mg 2 times a day 25 mg / once 50/2 25mg/day 37.5mg once per day was on 300 mg, temp off due to vomiting 50 - 2x/d 25mg once per day 50mg twice a day 50mg BID  50 mg twice a day50mg 2x a day 18.75mg once a day  50mg/daily--- On Fri, 5/1/09, alexanderspencer@ rocketmail. com<amsc05blueyonder (DOT) co.uk> wrote:From: alexanderspencer@ rocketmail. com <amsc05blueyonder (DOT) co.uk>Subject: [hyperaldosteronism ] Re: PA Survey QuestionshyperaldosteronismDate: Friday, May 1, 2009, 4:55 PMWithout a reply, am I right to assume the eplerenone (Inspra) doses in the survey were not extractable in a useful form. Sorry to be a pest to the group on this but I think this could be helpful to me.I would also be intersted in reading Dr Grims paper referenced in the Evolution of PA article namely 30. Henry JP, Grim CE: Psychosocial mechanisms of primaryhypertension. J Hypertens 1990, 8:783–793.Is it possible to view this on-line and if so where is the best place to look and are there any tips or tricks to know when trying to read such articles on-line.Thank you.Read my paper in our files on the Evolution of PA.CE Grim MDOn Apr 29, 2009, at 4:44 AM, alexanderspencer@ rocketmail. com wrote:> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > Again, I'd like to ask the group to contribute questions to  > > >> the PA> > >> > survey that's being developed. Nobody here has questions they're> > >> > curious about regarding PA? Nobody has questions that they wish  > > >> their> > >> > physician had asked them when they were searching for a diagnosis?> > >> > >> > >> > > a> > >> > >> > >> >> > >> >

Guest guest

right .CE Grim MDOn May 10, 2009, at 7:33 AM, jwwright wrote:Let's see. "They" have all my health info. Everywhere I go I hafta identify myself with date of birth, name and address. My PC is hooked to the inet. I've used the same ID from the beginning on the inet - the server not an anonymous account. The only thing they might not know is the color of my toenails.What is it that we think has to be so secure?We don't sign our credit cards because we don't want those who find them to know our signature. So sometimes we hafta id with a driver's license. That license had my picture, signature, and in their files they have my thumbprints and SS number. No one in this country can hide anywhere for long unless they have a mommy (and lotsa cash). Regards   Re: Re: PA Survey QuestionsI agree re security so we don't collect identifying information such as BD, SSN etc We do have the handle folks sign in at our site with if they want. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 10, 2009, at 5:28 AM, arthur springer <as99verizon (DOT) net> wrote:I think you need to explain existing security provisions and determine whether or not can upgrade security. I very rarely disclose any  HIPPA-protected information on the internet except to known providers with high security.On May 10, 2009, at 1:03 AM, datawrhsdoc wrote:Dr. Grim,Count me among the oldies who forgot to participate. Had a lot of things going on and neglected to get around to doing it.Please let me know if you open up the survey again.Regards,Jeff>> a- think maybe we should open up the survey again as we have had > a number of folks join and some oldies who may not have done it.> > CE Grim MD> 

Guest guest

2. Read our Conn's stories files and then

give us your own in as much detail as you can. To see others' stories, on the

Hyperaldosteronism home page, go to Files/Conns Stories. You'll find instructions in " A - How to put your story

here.doc "

Val

[mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Clarence Grim

Good I have added this to my welcome signature.

Anything

else I should add or edit out of my signature below?

Welcome

1. Read my article

in our files on the evolution of PA (Evolution_of_PA-Grim.pdf ) and take

to all members of health care team. Tell us what stage you believe you

are in.

2. Read our Conn's

stories files and then give us your own in as much detail as you can.

3. Get the DASH

diet book by T. et al, read it and use it. $8 in paperback at your

local bookstore.

or

go to http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/hbp/dash/new_dash.pdf

download this for

booklet free and do the Week on the DASH Diet for 2 weeks.

Measure your BP daily so

you can see if it is getting better. If you are taking meds be sure to

tell your health care team you are doing this as your BP may plummet to normal

quickly.

4. Go to

familyhistory.hhs.gov and do your detailed family medical history so we can

review with you to help Dx familial causes of high blood pressure and heart

disease. If BP runs in your family you may save others in your family by

checking their BP yourself.

6. If you have

been Dxed with PA already and are on Rx or have had surgery please go to http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=HIJIO_f2685379

and complete our survey

with as much information as you know. If there is some information you

don'k know ask us and we will help.

Clarence E. Grim BS, MS,

MD, FACP, FACC

Board Certified in

Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, and High Blood Pressure

Clinincal Professor of

Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Medical College of Wisconsin

Specializing in

Difficult to Control HIgh Blood Pressure.

Guest guest

Thanks.  I have asked one of the world's experts on the SNS and HTN who is also an expert in Conn's to think about our groups stories of BP and cardiac and emotional spells and he has promised he will think about it and thought it was an interesting question.On May 10, 2009, at 1:26 PM, Valarie wrote:2.  Read our Conn's stories files and then give us your own in as much detail as you can.  To see others' stories, on the Hyperaldosteronism home page, go to Files/Conns Stories.  You'll find instructions in "A - How to put your story here.doc " 

Guest guest

If you recall, we saw one or two articles but there is a dearth

of information. I think its is

because medicine can easily measure

blood pressure but cannot measure brittle or sweats very easily. I am very interested to hear his

thoughts.

Val

Thanks. I have asked one of the world's experts on the

SNS and HTN who is also an expert in Conn's to think about our groups stories

of BP and cardiac and emotional spells and he has promised he will think about

it and thought it was an interesting question.

Guest guest

The only thing is, I have no idea how to prevent identity theft but if I have kidney failure they can have it.

Precisely what are we afraid will be stolen of the medical info in files?

Everyone knows I have HTN - of what use can they make of that?

Example please.

Regards

unfortunately the security and identity theft problems have gone far beyond BD and SSN.On May 10, 2009, at 7:52 AM, Clarence Grim wrote:

I agree re security so we don't collect identifying information such as BD, SSN etc We do have the handle folks sign in at our site with if they want. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 10, 2009, at 5:28 AM, arthur springer <as99@...> wrote:

I think you need to explain existing security provisions and determine whether or not can upgrade security. I very rarely disclose any HIPPA-protected information on the internet except to known providers with high security.On May 10, 2009, at 1:03 AM, datawrhsdoc wrote:

Dr. Grim,Count me among the oldies who forgot to participate. Had a lot of things going on and neglected to get around to doing it.Please let me know if you open up the survey again.Regards,Jeff>> a- think maybe we should open up the survey again as we have had > a number of folks join and some oldies who may not have done it.> > CE Grim MD>

Guest guest

Have ur Kidney or info?Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 10, 2009, at 9:24 PM, jwwright <jwwright@...> wrote:

The only thing is, I have no idea how to prevent identity theft but if I have kidney failure they can have it.

Example please.

Regards

unfortunately the security and identity theft problems have gone far beyond BD and SSN.On May 10, 2009, at 7:52 AM, Clarence Grim wrote:

I agree re security so we don't collect identifying information such as BD, SSN etc We do have the handle folks sign in at our site with if they want. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 10, 2009, at 5:28 AM, arthur springer <as99verizon (DOT) net> wrote:

sg #ygrp-msg p a span.yshortcuts {

font-family: Verdana;

font-size: 10px;

font-weight: normal;

}

#ygrp-msg p a {

font-family: Verdana;

font-size: 10px;

}

#ygrp-mlmsg a {

color: #1E66AE;

}

div.attach-table div div a {

text-decoration: none;

}

div.attach-table {

width: 400px;

}

-->

l>

Guest guest

Just had a thought. Is it possibleThat low K can cause sleep disturbances. How many with PA here have sleep problems and give details. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 10, 2009, at 5:50 PM, Valarie <val@...> wrote:

If you recall, we saw one or two articles but there is a dearth

of information. I think its is

because medicine can easily measure

blood pressure but cannot measure brittle or sweats very easily. I am very interested to hear his

thoughts.

Val

Thanks. I have asked one of the world's experts on the

SNS and HTN who is also an expert in Conn's to think about our groups stories

of BP and cardiac and emotional spells and he has promised he will think about

it and thought it was an interesting question.

Guest guest

Sorry, that was an example.

I have no kidney problems, but if I did I'd want someone to steal it.

I'm LREH. Aldo is still normal.

verapamil is lowering renin.

The kidney thing is a calculated (error in judgement) comparing everyone to

a non existent curve.

If you give a medical dat, he'll make a curve and think it means something.

He then is astonished how many do not compare with the curve, because a

small error in hydration can cause large errors in sample data.

Further, data that must be obtained in fasting, is almost totally invalid,

IMO.

They're gonna hafta compensate for hydration because everyone's gonna be on

a diuretic sooer or later. All they will/can do is expand the limits.

EG, dehydration will bump up PSA to oevr 4, causing fear of cancer -

biopsies - maybe find a speck - more fear - jumps to conclusions.

Another, a bone scan shows odteopenia - fear of osteoporosis - add actonel,

etc., - change workout habits. Again, another innaccurate device or process

classifying healthy people with sick to sell more drugs.

The data plots look like shotgun patterns - no clear curve - it's just a

guess and most patients are not on that curve.

Regards

Have ur Kidney or info?

Tiped sad Send form mi

iPhone ;-)

CE Grim MD

Hypertension

On May 10, 2009, at 9:24 PM, jwwright <jwwright@...> wrote:

The only thing is, I have no idea how to prevent identity theft but if I

have kidney failure they can have it.

Example please.

Regards

Guest guest

I guess my preference is to have everyone fast and not drink water when you set up the normal  values.  It is to hard to standardize volume loading.  CE Grim On May 11, 2009, at 8:01 AM, jwwright wrote:Sorry, that was an example.I have no kidney problems, but if I did I'd want someone to steal it.I'm LREH. Aldo is still normal.verapamil is lowering renin.The kidney thing is a calculated (error in judgement) comparing everyone toa non existent curve.If you give a medical dat, he'll make a curve and think it means something.He then is astonished how many do not compare with the curve, because asmall error in hydration can cause large errors in sample data.Further, data that must be obtained in fasting, is almost totally invalid,IMO.They're gonna hafta compensate for hydration because everyone's gonna be ona diuretic sooer or later. All they will/can do is expand the limits.EG, dehydration will bump up PSA to oevr 4, causing fear of cancer -biopsies - maybe find a speck - more fear - jumps to conclusions.Another, a bone scan shows odteopenia - fear of osteoporosis - add actonel,etc., - change workout habits. Again, another innaccurate device or processclassifying healthy people with sick to sell more drugs.The data plots look like shotgun patterns - no clear curve - it's just aguess and most patients are not on that curve.Regards Re: Re: PA Survey QuestionsHave ur Kidney or info?Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 10, 2009, at 9:24 PM, jwwright <jwwrighteastex (DOT) net> wrote:The only thing is, I have no idea how to prevent identity theft but if Ihave kidney failure they can have it.Precisely what are we afraid will be stolen of the medical info in files?Everyone knows I have HTN - of what use can they make of that?Example please.Regards

Guest guest

I used to sleep soundly through the night, now any small sound wakes me. I can't say if it is the Conn's or menopause - because both became my constant companions at the same time.

Sue

From: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...>"hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism >Sent: Monday, 11 May, 2009 4:41:03 PMSubject: Re: Re: PA Survey Questions

Just had a thought. Is it possible

That low K can cause sleep disturbances.

How many with PA here have sleep problems and give details.

Tiped sad Send form mi

iPhone ;-)

CE Grim MD

Hypertension

On May 10, 2009, at 5:50 PM, Valarie <val@...> wrote:

If you recall, we saw one or two articles but there is a dearth of information. I think its is because medicine can easily measure blood pressure but cannot measure brittle or sweats very easily. I am very interested to hear his thoughts.

Val

From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldost eronism@gro ups.com] On Behalf Of Clarence Grim

Thanks. I have asked one of the world's experts on the SNS and HTN who is also an expert in Conn's to think about our groups stories of BP and cardiac and emotional spells and he has promised he will think about it and thought it was an interesting question.

Reading this email at work? Make a change with Xtra Jobs

Guest guest

There are a hundred possible answers and I go through them regularly.

The latest answer that actually works this week is that I am now

sleeping with the windows open, albeit still in thermals, as the

weather gets a little warmer. So I breathe better and sleep longer.

========================================================================

=====================

On May 12, 2009, at 1:03 AM, marysue hopper wrote:

>

>

> I used to sleep soundly through the night, now any small sound wakes

> me.  I can't say if it is the Conn's or menopause - because both

> became my constant companions at the same time.

> Sue

>

> From: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...>

> " hyperaldosteronism "

> <hyperaldosteronism >

> Sent: Monday, 11 May, 2009 4:41:03 PM

> Subject: Re: Re: PA Survey Questions

>

>

> Just had a thought. Is it possible

> That low K can cause sleep disturbances. 

> How many with PA here have sleep problems and give details. 

>

> Tiped sad Send form mi

> iPhone ;-)

>

> May your pressure be low!

>

> CE Grim MD

> Specializing in Difficult

> Hypertension

>

> On May 10, 2009, at 5:50 PM, Valarie <val@...> wrote:

>

>> If you recall, we saw one or two articles but there is a dearth of

>> information.  I think its is because medicine can easily measure 

>> blood pressure but cannot measure brittle or sweats very easily.  I

>> am very interested to hear his thoughts.

>>

>>  

>>

>> Val

>>

>>  

>>

>> From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldost

>> eronism@gro ups.com] On Behalf Of Clarence Grim

>>

>>

>> Thanks.  I have asked one of the world's experts on the SNS and HTN

>> who is also an expert in Conn's to think about our groups stories of

>> BP and cardiac and emotional spells and he has promised he will think

>> about it and thought it was an interesting question.

>>

>>  

>>

>

> Reading this email at work? Make a change with Xtra Jobs

>

>