RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My midwife told me if you can lay on your back comfortably than it is not harmbing the baby. If you start to get dizzy or feel funny, then you need to get out of that position. I exercised all through my 1st pregnancy, not at all my 2nd pregnancy. And now I am recently pregnant again, and I plan to do it all w/ modifications when I need to.

DarcyOn 12/11/06, <caseynsidney@...> wrote:

Thank you all for your kind words and welcomes! I know I will learn a

lot. Although I do have another question. I have read that once you are

into your 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy, you sould not do

exercises on your back. At least your abs, and that you sould do

standing ab work. Does anyone know if you can use the stability ball

during pregnancy. I would be worried about balance, but I do know some

people use the steps, and I would be worried about the same thing....

Thanks Again!

Guest guest

With my 2nd pregnancy I

sat on my exercise ball exclusively and I loved it. I didn’t really

workout on it but I did sit on it. I don’t do any ab work while pregnant

though. I stick with yoga and aerobics. Sitting on it helped make sure

she was in proper position for birth – with my third pregnancy I didn’t

use it and had so many problems with delivery. I know some pregnant women

prefer to put their balls on those stands to make sure they don’t wiggle

when they are sitting on it, but I found that sitting on it got rid of the

lower back pain and even helped with my energy levels. I sat on mine

anywhere I would sit (well not at the dinner table)

Thank you all for your kind words and welcomes! I know

I will learn a

lot. Although I do have another question. I have read that once you are

into your 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy, you sould not do

exercises on your back. At least your abs, and that you sould do

standing ab work. Does anyone know if you can use the stability ball

during pregnancy. I would be worried about balance, but I do know some

people use the steps, and I would be worried about the same thing....

Thanks Again!

__

--

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.1.409 / Virus Database: 268.15.16/582 - Release Date: 12/11/2006

--

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.1.409 / Virus Database: 268.15.16/582 - Release Date: 12/11/2006

Guest guest

Camie, First of all, you are not going to die a painful death from this disease. If you follow the advice of this group. Okay that being said. Most people die with this disease from other causes other than from this disease. Old age, heart problems,etc... From this moment on Alcohol is a big NO NO. Alcohol is like drinking poison to folks with Hep C. It makes the virus replicate faster and does damage to the liver. There are treatments that can put that bad boy or girl Hep C virus into submission. Some times for good! We are a good that is high upon education, support, and friendship. I suggest if you haven't already done it that you change your way of getting messages to daily digest as this group is very active and will soon flood your inbox with messages.

We have 3 medical professional on staff here as Owners, and one Owner has been through the ravages of being the spouse of a person with Hep C. So she can relate to both sides of the situation of dealing with Hep C. I am Janet-I was the original owner of this group, started this because I couldn't find a group on the web, that answered the questions I had. I am a nurse, and although I am a nurse was totally inexperience in dealing with Hep C. I found out that I had Hep C in 2000. I probably had it since the early 90's. Jackie-is a paramedic with Hep C- she has successful completed treatment and beat the dragon, for the past I think 5 years. After 5 years of undectectable blood work some doctors consider you cured. I am pretty much thinking Jackie is cured in my own opinion mind you. Liz-is a paramedic-who is also our researcher for the

group. She post topics of interest to the group and is very good at her job. We greatly appreciate her for all the hard work she does. Because if there is a question about most anything she finds good information for the group post haste. anne- is the mother hen of the group, she is compassionate, protective,loving beyond all limits, she has dealt with the disease by being the spouse of a person with Hep C. She can relate to how families deal with the disease, what they go through. These ladies are my sisters in heart and through the disease. Welcome to the family. Love Janet Camie <mspinkhat@...> wrote: Hello All,I'm new here, and new to this HepC. My cardiologist blurted it out to me a couple months ago, and I totally lost it! Hubbie was there and had to pick me up off the floor. I just went hysterical, cuz although I know nothing about this, I knew it was NOT good! I feel like he handed me a death dentence and a Scarlet Letter! PLEASE, I need some friends I can talk to, and I need some education. I heard I'm going to die a painful death from this, is that true, am I going to die??????ScaredTake the ordinary things of life, and make them your own. Do the impossible with a smile

Guest guest

Camie, First of all, you are not going to die a painful death from this disease. If you follow the advice of this group. Okay that being said. Most people die with this disease from other causes other than from this disease. Old age, heart problems,etc... From this moment on Alcohol is a big NO NO. Alcohol is like drinking poison to folks with Hep C. It makes the virus replicate faster and does damage to the liver. There are treatments that can put that bad boy or girl Hep C virus into submission. Some times for good! We are a good that is high upon education, support, and friendship. I suggest if you haven't already done it that you change your way of getting messages to daily digest as this group is very active and will soon flood your inbox with messages.

We have 3 medical professional on staff here as Owners, and one Owner has been through the ravages of being the spouse of a person with Hep C. So she can relate to both sides of the situation of dealing with Hep C. I am Janet-I was the original owner of this group, started this because I couldn't find a group on the web, that answered the questions I had. I am a nurse, and although I am a nurse was totally inexperience in dealing with Hep C. I found out that I had Hep C in 2000. I probably had it since the early 90's. Jackie-is a paramedic with Hep C- she has successful completed treatment and beat the dragon, for the past I think 5 years. After 5 years of undectectable blood work some doctors consider you cured. I am pretty much thinking Jackie is cured in my own opinion mind you. Liz-is a paramedic-who is also our researcher for the

group. She post topics of interest to the group and is very good at her job. We greatly appreciate her for all the hard work she does. Because if there is a question about most anything she finds good information for the group post haste. anne- is the mother hen of the group, she is compassionate, protective,loving beyond all limits, she has dealt with the disease by being the spouse of a person with Hep C. She can relate to how families deal with the disease, what they go through. These ladies are my sisters in heart and through the disease. Welcome to the family. Love Janet Camie <mspinkhat@...> wrote: Hello All,I'm new here, and new to this HepC. My cardiologist blurted it out to me a couple months ago, and I totally lost it! Hubbie was there and had to pick me up off the floor. I just went hysterical, cuz although I know nothing about this, I knew it was NOT good! I feel like he handed me a death dentence and a Scarlet Letter! PLEASE, I need some friends I can talk to, and I need some education. I heard I'm going to die a painful death from this, is that true, am I going to die??????ScaredTake the ordinary things of life, and make them your own. Do the impossible with a smile

Guest guest

Camie,

As Janet has said, I'm mother hen-moderator-owner here. I don't post often

but I do read every post and when I feel someone needs me, I'm here for

them.

Of course you must be scared silly. What an awful way to find out you have

Hep C. You were already at the cardiologist, people don't go there for

nothing, then to have the idjit blurt out your Hep C status. I hope he felt

rightfully embarrassed about that!

This disease is no fun, as others will attest to, but you've probably been

living with it and the symptoms for a very long time and have a very long

time to live yet. This diagnosis will probably answer some questions of how

you've been feeling.

Believe it or not, you're discovery of the disease is a blessing in

disguise. As happened with my partner, this monster can rumble along

silently and undetected until it can be too late. You now know that you have

Hep C and can fight this beast (and win) whilst still relatively healthy.

And you can beat down this " Dragon " as we call it. Think of yourself as

King Arthur off to slay the Dragon. It can be done and we have confidence

that you can do it!

We will be here with you every step of the way if you need us. You're not

alone in this anymore.

Luv

anne

Guest guest

Camie,

As Janet has said, I'm mother hen-moderator-owner here. I don't post often

but I do read every post and when I feel someone needs me, I'm here for

them.

Of course you must be scared silly. What an awful way to find out you have

Hep C. You were already at the cardiologist, people don't go there for

nothing, then to have the idjit blurt out your Hep C status. I hope he felt

rightfully embarrassed about that!

This disease is no fun, as others will attest to, but you've probably been

living with it and the symptoms for a very long time and have a very long

time to live yet. This diagnosis will probably answer some questions of how

you've been feeling.

Believe it or not, you're discovery of the disease is a blessing in

disguise. As happened with my partner, this monster can rumble along

silently and undetected until it can be too late. You now know that you have

Hep C and can fight this beast (and win) whilst still relatively healthy.

And you can beat down this " Dragon " as we call it. Think of yourself as

King Arthur off to slay the Dragon. It can be done and we have confidence

that you can do it!

We will be here with you every step of the way if you need us. You're not

alone in this anymore.

Luv

anne

Guest guest

You are not going to die from this , chances are you can beat it . You need to find out your genotype , viral load , biopsy etc . And most importantly YOUR NOT ALONE ! We are here for you , and 90% of us have hep c also to take a deep breath and start reading anything you can about hep c it will put you at ease to have some knowledge

Hello All,I'm new here, and new to this HepC. My cardiologist blurted it out to me a couple months ago, and I totally lost it! Hubbie was there and had to pick me up off the floor. I just went hysterical, cuz although I know nothing about this, I knew it was NOT good! I feel like he handed me a death dentence and a Scarlet Letter! PLEASE, I need some friends I can talk to, and I need some education. I heard I'm going to die a painful death from this, is that true, am I going to die??????Scared

Guest guest

Hi, I was right where you are less than 6 months ago.. You sure came to the right List, there are caring, knowledgeable folks here that can help you along in making the right decisions for yourself.. I was so scared, too.. Educate yourself, it's your very best defense.. Hugs To You, Sheena Camie <mspinkhat@...> wrote: Hello All,I'm new here, and new to this

HepC. My cardiologist blurted it out to me a couple months ago, and I totally lost it! Hubbie was there and had to pick me up off the floor. I just went hysterical, cuz although I know nothing about this, I knew it was NOT good! I feel like he handed me a death dentence and a Scarlet Letter! PLEASE, I need some friends I can talk to, and I need some education. I heard I'm going to die a painful death from this, is that true, am I going to die??????Scared

Don't get soaked. Take a quick peak at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut.

Guest guest

Hi Camie Welcome to our group honey,, Im so glad you found us! NO, you are NOT going to die from this and if you treat successfully, you will erradicate it too.. Your doc behaved like a jerk and he hurt and scared you and that makes me angry! Learn everything you can about this disease and you will see that it is NOT a death sentence ,, especially if you take good care of yourself, no alcohol, watch what you take in the way of Over the Counter meds that have tylenol in them... Yes, Tylenol IS safe for you but in limited amounts.. Have you had a biopsy yet? You need to have that to find out how much damage your do or do NOT have and what stage of damage you are.. Another blood test can tell you what genotype you are, most ppl in the US are geno1.. there is a lot to learn, but first and foremost sweetie, take a deep breath and relax,, you are going to be fine and we are here for YOU! jaxCamie <mspinkhat@...> wrote: Hello All,I'm new here, and new to this HepC. My cardiologist blurted it out to me a couple months ago, and I totally lost it! Hubbie was there and had to pick me up off the floor. I just went hysterical, cuz although I know nothing about this, I knew it was NOT good! I feel like he handed me a death dentence and a Scarlet Letter! PLEASE, I need some friends I can talk to, and I need some education. I heard I'm going to die a painful death from this,

is that true, am I going to die??????ScaredJackie

Guest guest

Hi Camie Welcome to our group honey,, Im so glad you found us! NO, you are NOT going to die from this and if you treat successfully, you will erradicate it too.. Your doc behaved like a jerk and he hurt and scared you and that makes me angry! Learn everything you can about this disease and you will see that it is NOT a death sentence ,, especially if you take good care of yourself, no alcohol, watch what you take in the way of Over the Counter meds that have tylenol in them... Yes, Tylenol IS safe for you but in limited amounts.. Have you had a biopsy yet? You need to have that to find out how much damage your do or do NOT have and what stage of damage you are.. Another blood test can tell you what genotype you are, most ppl in the US are geno1.. there is a lot to learn, but first and foremost sweetie, take a deep breath and relax,, you are going to be fine and we are here for YOU! jaxCamie <mspinkhat@...> wrote: Hello All,I'm new here, and new to this HepC. My cardiologist blurted it out to me a couple months ago, and I totally lost it! Hubbie was there and had to pick me up off the floor. I just went hysterical, cuz although I know nothing about this, I knew it was NOT good! I feel like he handed me a death dentence and a Scarlet Letter! PLEASE, I need some friends I can talk to, and I need some education. I heard I'm going to die a painful death from this,

is that true, am I going to die??????ScaredJackie

Guest guest

I'm new here, too (but not new to HCV :) I'm , in Louisiana, and reading your email brought back memories of exactly how I felt when I first learned that I had HCV....I was terrified when I read all the stuff on the internet (about end-stage disease, etc .). Anyway...I wanted to reach our and hopefully help calm your nerves.

After I settled down and talked w/my dr here in New Orleans (who does a lot of research and clinical trials) and talked w/a few other people who were living w/HCV, I was just fine :) I learned I will probably die of something totally unrelated since this is such a very, very slow progressing disease (around 40 or more years). I still have NO symptoms at age 53, and although my biopsies have shown moderate inflamation, my liver enzymes have consistently remained normal.

The main things I did to support my body in co-existing w/HCV are 1) give up all alcohol (drinking alcohol, imo, is like throwing lighter fluid on a fire, 2) began eating healthier - organic fruits and vegetables, cut out processed foods, fried food and red meats, cut out simple carbs and eat more complex carbs, 3) exercise - EVERY DAY, and 4) take a good multivit, milk thistle, (this is depending on what you decide it best after your own research)...5) have a positive attitude about it and my life and the world ;) I currently investigating and toying w/the idea of eating raw foods for optimal nutrition. I've been making some DElicious raw juices the past few days :)

I actually feel better than I ever did BEFORE I knew I had HCV. I can say, with all honesty, that learning I have hcv was almost a gift to me :) I don't imagine I would have been motivated to make such positive changes in all areas of my life otherwise!

Hope this helps,

in Louisiana

In a message dated 3/5/2007 5:50:51 A.M. Central Standard Time, Hepatitis C writes:

I'm new here, and new to this HepC. My cardiologist blurted it out to me a couple months ago, and I totally lost it! Hubbie was there and had to pick me up off the floor. I just went hysterical, cuz although I know nothing about this, I knew it was NOT good! I feel like he handed me a death dentence and a Scarlet Letter! PLEASE, I need some friends I can talk to, and I need some education. I heard I'm going to die a painful death from this, is that true, am I going to die??????

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Hi Anne,

Welcome to the group! This group is my lifeline!!!!

((dd is daughter.))

I can only speak for myself, but I'm going crazy. I think I'm ready for the

hospital. It would be a vacation right about now!!!!!

Just hang in there. I know it's exhausting, but you'll make it!

Hugs

Judy

coffeelover4219 <coffeelover1010@...> wrote:

Hi everyone! I am so glad to have found this site. Please excuse me

if I don't use the proper terms (what is " dd " ?). My son is 10 was

diagnosed with OCD last August. He also had ADD. We have not yet

found the right meds for him, but we keep trying. He is also

starting therapy, and OT. His chief and most problematic symptoms

are encopresis (since age 3) and constant picking at his socks and

clothes. We have been going through a pair of socks a day. We have

tried every " fidget " object we could think of, but he obviously

prefers socks!

I am glad there are other parents out there dealing with all this.

School and homework are a real challenge as well. Some days I feel

like screaming. How do you all cope and maintain sanity? And, have

time and energy for others in the family?

I noticed there is a conference coming up in July. Are there any

details?

Thanks. Anne

Guest guest

Hi Anne and welcome! I am pretty new here too. I also have a 10 year old son

with OCD. We are at the beginning of all this...we haven't started meds or

therapy yet. We go next week for his first psychiatrist appt, then the following

week we start with a psychologist too. By the way, dd is daughter, ds is son,

dh is husband.

I can tell you that most every day I feel like screaming. I cry at least once

a day. So, you are not alone. Finding this group was great for me, at least I

know I am not the only out there feeling this. I constantly feel that my dd is

not getting the attention she needs (she is 7). I feel bad that she witnesses

all this yelling and crying and frustration. She gets the brunt of his anger

too. My son's issues are with germs...constant hand washing and checking things

to make sure they are germ free. We haven't had any issues with school yet.

His teacher is aware of what is going on (she has a psych degree, so is familiar

with this), and says she notices he is losing control in class a bit, but not

noticing OCD.

Hang in there! You are not alone!

Gretchen

coffeelover4219 <coffeelover1010@...> wrote:

Hi everyone! I am so glad to have found this site. Please excuse me

if I don't use the proper terms (what is " dd " ?). My son is 10 was

diagnosed with OCD last August. He also had ADD. We have not yet

found the right meds for him, but we keep trying. He is also

starting therapy, and OT. His chief and most problematic symptoms

are encopresis (since age 3) and constant picking at his socks and

clothes. We have been going through a pair of socks a day. We have

tried every " fidget " object we could think of, but he obviously

prefers socks!

I am glad there are other parents out there dealing with all this.

School and homework are a real challenge as well. Some days I feel

like screaming. How do you all cope and maintain sanity? And, have

time and energy for others in the family?

I noticed there is a conference coming up in July. Are there any

details?

Thanks. Anne

---------------------------------

Get your own web address.

Have a HUGE year through Small Business.

Guest guest

How do you all cope and maintain sanity?

Sane. . .who's sane?! lol

Seriously, though, welcome, Anne.

My son also had encopresis caused by constant chronic constipation.

He had been on laxatives for years. He started having trouble with

urinating, telling us he couldn't get all of his pee out (he was 7 at

the time). It never dawned on us that it could be OCD related. .

..Apparently it never dawned on the docs either.

School and homework are a challenge when the OCD is flaring and making

it hard for them to concentrate. We have been out of school for the

last two months because of that. I think kids with OCD are so brave.

To have to face their OCD every day and still try to accomplish the

same thing healthy people accomplish is amazing.

There are good days and bad. Some days it does feel like you are

losing your sanity. This a good place to vent and have people who

understand and who have been there, who will support you.

For us, we only have the one son, but I know there are others here who

have multiple kids with OCD. I can only imagine the stress they live

with. Hopefully they can give you some tips for that.

BJ

PS~ dd is dear daughter

>

> Hi everyone! I am so glad to have found this site. Please excuse me

> if I don't use the proper terms (what is " dd " ?). My son is 10 was

> diagnosed with OCD last August. He also had ADD. We have not yet

> found the right meds for him, but we keep trying. He is also

> starting therapy, and OT. His chief and most problematic symptoms

> are encopresis (since age 3) and constant picking at his socks and

> clothes. We have been going through a pair of socks a day. We have

> tried every " fidget " object we could think of, but he obviously

> prefers socks!

>

> I am glad there are other parents out there dealing with all this.

> School and homework are a real challenge as well. Some days I feel

> like screaming. How do you all cope and maintain sanity? And, have

> time and energy for others in the family?

>

> I noticed there is a conference coming up in July. Are there any

> details?

>

> Thanks. Anne

>

Guest guest

I can only speak for myself, but I'm going crazy. I think I'm ready

for the hospital. It would be a vacation right about now!!!!!

Last July when I was in the hospital they had me on Dilauded (sp?) for

two days, and it was a vacation! lol

BJ

Hi everyone! I am so glad to have found this site. Please

excuse me

> prefers socks!

>

>

> details?

>

> Thanks. Anne

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

> Hi everyone! I am so glad to have found this site. Please

excuse me

> prefers socks!

>

>

> details?

>

> Thanks. Anne

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Get your own web address.

> Have a HUGE year through Small Business.

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Anne! As to the conference, I think you can find info on it at

the OCD Foundation website. I haven't been but many here have and

always say how much they enjoy it, kids too!

Sanity - this group saved mine! :) And even if it's just a few

minutes here & there each day, FIND them to do something for

yourself!

OT - is that for his fine and gross motor skills? My OCD son (now

18) got OT back in 6th grade. Really helped. He needed help in both

motor skills (fine & gross).

single mom, 3 sons

, 18, with OCD, dysgraphia and Aspergers(mild)

>

> Hi everyone! I am so glad to have found this site. Please excuse

me

> starting therapy, and OT.

Guest guest

Glad to see you here April, there is a lot of info shared here. I am a

lurker so far but have really enjoyed learning!

Hugs

Violet in SC

> Hello everyone. I am new to this group and to Kombucha tea. I just

> finished making my first batch. I'm looking forward to being here and

> learning more about Kombucha.

>

> --

> April

> USA

Guest guest

Well, it's always good to see a familiar face!! Something else we can have

fun doing together!!

--

April

On 5/30/07, Violet <vjg021252@...> wrote:

>

> Glad to see you here April, there is a lot of info shared here. I am a

> lurker so far but have really enjoyed learning!

> Hugs

> Violet in SC

>

Guest guest

Well, it's always good to see a familiar face!! Something else we can have

fun doing together!!

--

April

On 5/30/07, Violet <vjg021252@...> wrote:

>

> Glad to see you here April, there is a lot of info shared here. I am a

> lurker so far but have really enjoyed learning!

> Hugs

> Violet in SC

>

Guest guest

Hi, bazooka. I'm VickieG, aka: onelildeltagirl. I joined just a short time ago. I got hep c from blood transfusions in 1984 after a really bad car accident. I'm a walking, talking miracle to hear everyone tell it. I have just gone on tx this week. Geno. 1b. I took my first shot Tuesday night. I think the worst part for me so far was just getting to the treatment. It was a long stressful road just to get started on treatment. Don't hold back too long. It's best to jump in as soon as you feel comfortable and join in. There is no pressure but lots of friends that it's a shame to miss out on. Are u close to beginning your treatment? Have questions about what's going on? There is someone here who can answer your questions and help you feel better. Welcome and Hugs, VickieGdoglionboat wrote: I am bazooka I am new today. I had an operation 36 years ago and got HEP B I thought. Last Year I found out I had HEP C .I have Geo 1. Iam 64 years old and live in Los Angeles,California. Its nice to be here and find out I am not alone. Sounds like a great group and for a while I will just lurk. RegardsBazooka

Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on Yahoo! TV.

Guest guest

Hi, bazooka. I'm VickieG, aka: onelildeltagirl. I joined just a short time ago. I got hep c from blood transfusions in 1984 after a really bad car accident. I'm a walking, talking miracle to hear everyone tell it. I have just gone on tx this week. Geno. 1b. I took my first shot Tuesday night. I think the worst part for me so far was just getting to the treatment. It was a long stressful road just to get started on treatment. Don't hold back too long. It's best to jump in as soon as you feel comfortable and join in. There is no pressure but lots of friends that it's a shame to miss out on. Are u close to beginning your treatment? Have questions about what's going on? There is someone here who can answer your questions and help you feel better. Welcome and Hugs, VickieGdoglionboat wrote: I am bazooka I am new today. I had an operation 36 years ago and got HEP B I thought. Last Year I found out I had HEP C .I have Geo 1. Iam 64 years old and live in Los Angeles,California. Its nice to be here and find out I am not alone. Sounds like a great group and for a while I will just lurk. RegardsBazooka

Guest guest

Guest guest

-Welcome to our Group Bazooka..Love your nickname!..Im patty, but we

also have a pat/aka-patricia ,ww...if youve had hep for 36 yrs, may I

ask you your age, my hubby had Hepc for @30 yrs, whats your

stage?...Just ask away, were here to help you and the people here are

lovin and crazy, in a good crazy way, we are all helping each other

through our jouneys at different stages....My daughter lives up in san

fran...hug, Patty aka Pattypooh...-- In

HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies , " doglionboat "

wrote:

>

> I am bazooka I am new today. I had an operation 36 years ago and got

> HEP B I thought. Last Year I found out I had HEP C .I have Geo 1.

>

> Iam 64 years old and live in Los Angeles,California. Its nice to be

> here and find out I am not alone. Sounds like a great group and for a

> while I will just lurk.

>

> Regards

>

> Bazooka

>

Guest guest

Welcome to our family. hugs Dannedoglionboat wrote: I am bazooka I am new today. I had an operation 36 years ago and got HEP B I thought. Last Year I found out I had HEP C .I have Geo 1. Iam 64 years old and live in Los Angeles,California. Its nice to be here and find out I am not alone. Sounds like a great group and for a while I will just lurk. RegardsBazooka

Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!