RemedySpot.com

RE: Workers Comp Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You might have to resort to legal action and hire an attorney.

Dean ,

Portland, Oregon

Workers Comp Question

I have a patient that was injured in an accident at work. Unfortunately, her employer does not have work comp on her. I've sent the initial bills to the employer, but he has not sent payment. What do I do? Cluen, DCAuto & Work Injury Center3311 NE MLK Blvd. Suite 202Portland, OR 97212503-282-4878

Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.485 / Virus Database: 269.13.15/1003 - Release Date: 9/12/2007 10:56 AM

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.485 / Virus Database: 269.13.15/1003 - Release Date: 9/12/2007 10:56 AM

With a clinic name like “Auto & Work Injury Center”, we might expect your crack team of billing experts to know the answer.

When an employer doesn’t have work comp. the worker is covered by a combined risk pool of money administrated by a couple of lowest bidder firms.

They are slippery, though.

Call work comp. dept. and they will get you started on the long arduous task of tilting at windmills.

Good luck.

( E. Abrahamson, D.C.)

Chiropractic physician

Lake Oswego Chiropractic Clinic

315 Second Street

Lake Oswego, OR 97034

503-635-6246

Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:58:11 -0700 (PDT)

< >

Subject: Workers Comp Question

I have a patient that was injured in an accident at work. Unfortunately, her employer does not have work comp on her. I've sent the initial bills to the employer, but he has not sent payment. What do I do?

Cluen, DC

Auto & Work Injury Center

3311 NE MLK Blvd. Suite 202

Portland, OR 97212

503-282-4878

Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: <http://us.rd./evt=48253/*http://mobile./go?refer=1GNXIC> mail, news, photos more.

Contact the WCD and explain to the Medical Review Unit (MRU) the

situation. I believe an employer can opt out of WC but has to be

self-insured. I'd imagine the employer would rather pay your bills

verses explain their actions to the MRU.

, DC, DABCO, LLC

>

> You might have to resort to legal action and hire an attorney.

>

> Dean ,

> Portland, Oregon

>

> Workers Comp Question

>

>

>

> I have a patient that was injured in an accident at work.

Unfortunately,

> her employer does not have work comp on her. I've sent the initial

bills to

> the employer, but he has not sent payment. What do I do?

>

>

>

> Cluen, DC

> Auto & Work Injury Center

> 3311 NE MLK Blvd. Suite 202

> Portland, OR 97212

> 503-282-4878

>

>

>

>

> _____

>

> Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the HYPERLINK

> " http://us.rd./evt=48253/*http://mobile./go?

refer=1GNXIC " I

> nternet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> No virus found in this incoming message.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> Version: 7.5.485 / Virus Database: 269.13.15/1003 - Release Date:

9/12/2007

> 10:56 AM

>

>

>

> No virus found in this outgoing message.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> Version: 7.5.485 / Virus Database: 269.13.15/1003 - Release Date:

9/12/2007

> 10:56 AM

>

Hi Dean and colleagues,

Presenting in Dunnesmore East, Ireland on my HONEYMOON yep " Jeri " and I were

married Firday Sept. 7. Send your 827 to SAIF Corp. the bills will defer to

them as the employer is out of compliance and even if the employer wanted to pay

the bill he/she cannot it must always be report.

Vern Saboe

--------- Workers Comp Question

I have a patient that was injured in an accident at work. Unfortunately, her employer does not have work comp on her. I've sent the initial bills to the employer, but he has not sent payment. What do I do? Cluen, DCAuto & Work Injury Center3311 NE MLK Blvd. Suite 202Portland, OR 97212503-282-4878

Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.485 / Virus Database: 269.13.15/1003 - Release Date: 9/12/2007 10:56 AM

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.485 / Virus Database: 269.13.15/1003 - Release Date: 9/12/2007 10:56 AM

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

This may sound silly, but are you a member of Tri Star?

ph Medlin D.C.

Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 11:34 AM

Subject: Workers Comp question

Hi Vern,It is my turn to deal with WC shananigans. I had a pt who was referred to me from an MD and was given a written prescription for 12 chiro visits. I treated the pt and was able to have her pre accident in 9 visits.The WC carrier is Tri Star and they paid for the first 2 visits and have not paid for anything else. Services were provided early Feb through 1st of mar. My billing person has called them repeatedly and is getting the run around.I am considering filing a complaint with the ins division.Any suggestions? Babbitt, DCForest Grove health and fitness

Guest guest

Hi Doug,

First, it isn't enough to send it or have the MD send in a brief little script written on his pad stating 2 or 3 chiropractic treatments for 3, 4 weeks. There are very specific things that the MD must detail in his referral note which he/they will never do you have to do it for them...I have developed a macro with the need langauge. You simply have the workers stop by for the MDs signature or fax it to him/her to sign and fax back so that's number one. You don't have it right they don't have to pay....

2. Have the innjured worker file the complaint not you, the compliance section wants to hear from injured workers not from providers who have a vested interest.

3. Doug please add your shoulder to the wheel, help us help you, support the profession and join the Oregon Chiropractic Association...call Kira at the OCA office at 503-256-1601 and joint the OCA today......

Thanks, buddy!

Vern Saboe

Workers Comp question

Hi Vern,It is my turn to deal with WC shananigans. I had a pt who was referred to me from an MD and was given a written prescription for 12 chiro visits. I treated the pt and was able to have her pre accident in 9 visits.The WC carrier is Tri Star and they paid for the first 2 visits and have not paid for anything else. Services were provided early Feb through 1st of mar. My billing person has called them repeatedly and is getting the run around.I am considering filing a complaint with the ins division.Any suggestions? Babbitt, DCForest Grove health and fitness

Guest guest

Hi Doug,

First, it isn't enough to send it or have the MD send in a brief little script written on his pad stating 2 or 3 chiropractic treatments for 3, 4 weeks. There are very specific things that the MD must detail in his referral note which he/they will never do you have to do it for them...I have developed a macro with the need langauge. You simply have the workers stop by for the MDs signature or fax it to him/her to sign and fax back so that's number one. You don't have it right they don't have to pay....

2. Have the innjured worker file the complaint not you, the compliance section wants to hear from injured workers not from providers who have a vested interest.

3. Doug please add your shoulder to the wheel, help us help you, support the profession and join the Oregon Chiropractic Association...call Kira at the OCA office at 503-256-1601 and joint the OCA today......

Thanks, buddy!

Vern Saboe

Workers Comp question