> Hello:

>

> My name is Eileen I am 53yo and live in New Hampshire. This group

so

> far looks wonderful. I am glad to be a new part of it. I live

with my

> dh who is just wonderful and Ill also. I have Arthritis since

birth,

> copd, sleep apnea, DJD, DDD, have had multiple joint replacements.

We

> unfortunatly had no children but we have 19 wonderful nieces and

> nephews. My husband has Marfans and just had and aortic replacement

in

> 8/7/06. He is still recuperating and will possibly have to go on

ssdi.

> My hobbies include: Quilting, sewing, reading constantly,

scrapbooking

> and painting but not as much as I used to. We hope to meet all the

> people in the group and will be glad to listen and help in anyway

as

> i'm sure, it seems, people in here would do it for me also.

> Eileen

>

Guest guest

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, can say a few things. He can make short sentences. He can't express in words what he is feeling though. Sometimes his hitting occurs when he is told something he does not like. For example, he hates it when I tell him to hurry up or If I get upset with him for something he has done wrong. Then there are the times when he just gets angry for no apparent reason. I have asked him if he is angry and all he does is just repeat what I say. Sometimes he will just bite down on his finger when he seems upset. In school sometimes he will throw things all over the classroom. The teacher let's him finish and then tells him "ok , if your done now you can pick everything up". I just do not know how to react to him when he hits. I want to know what to do withouot getting angry myself. It is so frustrating. pkuenstler@... wrote: Theresa, welcome to the group; that is a tough one. I have a 14 year old autistic grandson that I diagnosed and have been working with every day for 11 years. That is one problem that he has not had. However, his 5 year old (normal?) little brother hits his mother, sister, friends etc. when things don't go his way. Could your son have an anger problem that needs to find another avenue of expression? Is your son verbal? Could he be taught to say I am angry instead

of hitting? Does he get a lot of exercise? I think exercise is good to work off anger. Of course if the hitting is coming from some physiological reflex that he has no control over then I can't think of anything that would work other than medication. I think I read that some aggression can come from damage to the amygdala and that there is a difference in the amygdala in some autistic children. Karac use to bite when he was angry or hurting. We taught him that he couldn't bite people, but he could bite his plastic drinking bottle that he always had with him. He ruined a lot of those bottles before he finally quit biting, but that was better than him biting on my arms! As you said, many of these behaviors just come and go for no apparent reason. Good luck and welcome to the group. Pat K __________________________________________________

Guest guest

That sounds like a smart teacher. Karac doesn't like for me to get on him about anything either, and it doesn't do any good; so I try to just focus on the positive. In these 12 years I have learned a lot of patience. Sometimes it has been really hard.

Lately Karac has been spitting; not at anyone__on the floor, in the sink, in the toilet, on his shirt etc. If I say "stop spitting", he perseverates on spitting even more. Right now I'm saying, "swallow, good swallowing". It is helping some, but it hasn't stopped it. I tried ignoring it, but that didn't help either. Activity helps like riding the bike or playing basketball. I guess we all have something to challenge us. Pat K

Guest guest

I can't let Blake on a bike or give him a baseball, I would never catch him if he was on a bike, and I would have the ball in the back of my head, and I'm having the spitting problem too. And the hitting and biting and throwing his toys. I did catch him watching TV the other night, that doesn't happen very often. And I have learned to have a lot of patience too.pkuenstler@... wrote: That sounds like a smart teacher. Karac

doesn't like for me to get on him about anything either, and it doesn't do any good; so I try to just focus on the positive. In these 12 years I have learned a lot of patience. Sometimes it has been really hard. Lately Karac has been spitting; not at anyone__on the floor, in the sink, in the toilet, on his shirt etc. If I say "stop spitting", he perseverates on spitting even more. Right now I'm saying, "swallow, good swallowing". It is helping some, but it hasn't stopped it. I tried ignoring it, but that didn't help either. Activity helps like riding the bike or playing basketball. I guess we all have something to challenge us. Pat K __________________________________________________

Guest guest

There are a number of programs that help our kids learn to self regulate...maybe one of them would be a help to ? Once they can recognize their stress levels you can implement a program to guide them in ways to deal with that stressor.

Years ago a friend and I made up a Stop/Think/Plan program for our boys. We used a variety of visuals and once the boys were familiar with the program we were able to fade those aides back to a simple wrist band with the symbols for Stop/Think/Plan.

Hope this helps a little anyway....so frustrating for all concerned. :(

May you have warm words on a cold evening,a full moon on a dark night,and a smooth road all the way to your door.

Re: New To Group

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, can say a few things. He can make short sentences. He can't express in words what he is feeling though. Sometimes his hitting occurs when he is told something he does not like. For example, he hates it when I tell him to hurry up or If I get upset with him for something he has done wrong. Then there are the times when he just gets angry for no apparent reason. I have asked him if he is angry and all he does is just repeat what I say. Sometimes he will just bite down on his finger when he seems upset. In school sometimes he will throw things all over the classroom. The teacher let's him finish and then tells him "ok , if your done now you can pick everything up". I just do not know how to react to him when he hits. I want to know what to do withouot getting angry myself. It is so frustrating. pkuenstleraol wrote:

Theresa, welcome to the group; that is a tough one. I have a 14 year old autistic grandson that I diagnosed and have been working with every day for 11 years. That is one problem that he has not had. However, his 5 year old (normal?) little brother hits his mother, sister, friends etc. when things don't go his way. Could your son have an anger problem that needs to find another avenue of expression? Is your son verbal? Could he be taught to say I am angry instead of hitting? Does he get a lot of exercise? I think exercise is good to work off anger. Of course if the hitting is coming from some physiological reflex that he has no control over then I can't think of anything that would work other than medication. I think I read that some aggression can come from damage to the amygdala and that there is a difference in the amygdala in some autistic children. Karac use to bite when he was angry or hurting. We taught him that he couldn't bite people, but he could bite his plastic drinking bottle that he always had with him. He ruined a lot of those bottles before he finally quit biting, but that was better than him biting on my arms! As you said, many of these behaviors just come and go for no apparent reason. Good luck and welcome to the group. Pat K

Guest guest

I know what you mean; I have had a few things in the back of my head too, and it has been most scary when I was driving the car! For now (and I say for now because I never know when a behavior is going to come back) the only thing he has going is the spitting. What are you doing for the spitting? Pat K

Guest guest

Hi , Thanks for the suggestion. I am willing to try anything so would you mind elaborating a little more on your stop/think/plan program? I would appreciate it. Thank you. Theresa <mwhitehead@...> wrote: There are a number of programs that help our kids learn to self regulate...maybe one of them would be a help to ? Once they can recognize their stress levels you can implement a program to guide them in

ways to deal with that stressor. Years ago a friend and I made up a Stop/Think/Plan program for our boys. We used a variety of visuals and once the boys were familiar with the program we were able to fade those aides back to a simple wrist band with the symbols for Stop/Think/Plan. Hope this helps a little anyway....so frustrating for all concerned. :( May you have warm words on a cold evening,a full moon on a dark night,and a smooth road all the way to your door. Re: New To Group Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, can say a few things. He can make short sentences. He can't express in words what he is feeling though. Sometimes his hitting occurs when he is told something he does not like. For example, he hates it when I tell him to hurry up or If I get upset with him for something he has done wrong. Then there are the times when he just gets angry for no apparent reason. I have asked him if he is angry and all he does is just repeat what I

say. Sometimes he will just bite down on his finger when he seems upset. In school sometimes he will throw things all over the classroom. The teacher let's him finish and then tells him "ok , if your done now you can pick everything up". I just do not know how to react to him when he hits. I want to know what to do withouot getting angry myself. It is so frustrating. pkuenstleraol wrote: Theresa, welcome to the group; that is a tough one. I have a 14 year old autistic grandson that I diagnosed and have been working with every day for 11 years. That is one problem that he has not had. However, his 5 year old (normal?) little brother hits his mother, sister, friends etc. when things don't go his way.

Could your son have an anger problem that needs to find another avenue of expression? Is your son verbal? Could he be taught to say I am angry instead of hitting? Does he get a lot of exercise? I think exercise is good to work off anger. Of course if the hitting is coming from some physiological reflex that he has no control over then I can't think of anything that would work other than medication. I think I read that some aggression can come from damage to the amygdala and that there is a difference in the amygdala in some autistic children. Karac use to bite when he was angry or hurting. We taught him that he couldn't bite people, but he could bite his plastic drinking bottle that he always had with him. He ruined a lot of those bottles before he finally quit biting, but that was better than him biting on my arms! As you said, many of these behaviors just come and go for no apparent reason.

Good luck and welcome to the group. Pat K __________________________________________________

Guest guest

I don't think your son needs meds right now. My decision was based on how hyper and implusive my son was. He was doing dangerous things at age 3. For example he would run out of the house for no reason. Another he would try to jump out the car when it was moving, There are so many instances. If he is able to function in a school environment and follow directions I think I wouldn't reccomend it.veltrinikki <veltrinikki@...> wrote: Hi I am also new to the group and in reading some of the most recent messages I noticed

alot of your children are on meds. My doctors have never even brought this up to me. Should I bring it up to them? My son is almost 5, in his second year of preschool, rarely talks at school, parallel plays by children his own age but loves to play with his older cousins. He is not violent or mean but does get sensory overloads and either shuts down or when he is stressed and you try to redirect him he will fight you so you leave him alone. Would medications help him? We live in a very small town and I am always scared I am not getting him enough treatments-for example his OT goes on maternaty leave next week and he will not be getting any OT since she is the only one in town. You all seem very knowledgable, can you please help?Ally

Looking for earth-friendly autos? Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Autos' Green Center.

Guest guest

Hi all,

I am new to the group. My 12-yo daughter, , was diagnosed with

Touretts at age 5, OCD at age 6 and early onset bipolar disorder at age 7. We

have had an excellent treatment team in place since the very beginning and

is very compliant with therapy. She has overcome some many rituals but we

have been completely unsuccessful with her counting obsessions. They are not

related to anything in particular; she just has to count-facial features,

windows corners, the list is endless. We have tried mixing up the ritual with

silly counting or adding and counting or multiplying but with no luck.

battles occasional suicide thoughts, so severe we have to hide the knives and

sleep in her room to ensure her safety. This happens most when the counting has

just worn her out. She is a great kid and she tries so hard but this one has

us stumped. We have dealt with germ worries and symmetry worries and all the

other usual and bizarre; it seems so silly that numbers would do us in. Does

anyone have any suggestion that might help? Meds are not an option because of

the bipolar disorder. All of the SSRIs work great until she becomes totally

manic, complete with visions of bloody walls and hearing voices telling her

we will kill her if we hold her. It isn't pretty. Kathy H mom to

Guest guest

Hi,

is my daughter. I'm Kathy. We have tried all of the mood stabilizers.

Haldol is the only thing that really helps much and the big benefit is more

from the sedation. The counting isn't better-she just doesn't care as much.

Klonopin helps the tics and the anxiety and Abilify has been very effective as

a

mood stabilizer. Lithium also worked well but she was taken off recently

because of the cognitive dulling. What a trip! Kathy

Guest guest

, Someone on this list mentioned that mood stabilizers (used to treat BP)

can help with OCD. I've never read this in the literature and don't know if its

true, but maybe you should investigate it. The person said her kid was on

Lamictal, an antisiezure drug used as a BP mood stabilizer, particularly

effective for depression.

Imogene

Re: new to group

Hi all,

I am new to the group. My 12-yo daughter, , was diagnosed with

Touretts at age 5, OCD at age 6 and early onset bipolar disorder at age 7. We

have had an excellent treatment team in place since the very beginning and

is very compliant with therapy. She has overcome some many rituals but we

have been completely unsuccessful with her counting obsessions. They are not

related to anything in particular; she just has to count-facial features,

windows corners, the list is endless. We have tried mixing up the ritual with

silly counting or adding and counting or multiplying but with no luck.

battles occasional suicide thoughts, so severe we have to hide the knives and

sleep in her room to ensure her safety. This happens most when the counting has

just worn her out. She is a great kid and she tries so hard but this one has

us stumped. We have dealt with germ worries and symmetry worries and all the

other usual and bizarre; it seems so silly that numbers would do us in. Does

anyone have any suggestion that might help? Meds are not an option because of

the bipolar disorder. All of the SSRIs work great until she becomes totally

manic, complete with visions of bloody walls and hearing voices telling her

we will kill her if we hold her. It isn't pretty. Kathy H mom to

Guest guest

Hi Kathy,

I'm in the same boat as you. My daughter is 10, and has ocd and bipolar. We too

have tried just about every med cocktail out there. Nothing ever completely

works. She either is manic or depressed or her ocd is totally out of control or

she is in a full blown state of panic. It is always something!!!!! These kids

are very very difficult to treat because of the comorbidity. The mood

stabilizers and the anti-psychotics don't work for long on my daughter either.

When I find one that does, she cannot handle the side effects or I have to take

her off the med due to some reaction she gets.My daughter does the counting

facial expressions also as well as having to grimace to someone else's facial

expressions.

I feel for you. I have not found anything to help my daughter completely either.

Like I said, It is always something!!!!!!!!!

The doctors have told me she needs to be stabilized before adding the ocd

medication, but the problem is I can't get her stabilized and secondly, her

anxiety level is so high without the SSRI she cannot function, even through

hospitalizations etc.

I wish I could help you! I'm here if you need to vent. I know ther are other

parents on here with kids with ocd and bipolar also that may have gotten relief

for their child. Mine is so complex, nothing works for any length of time!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

Judy

Guest guest

Welcome to the group , I am sorry about your diagnosis but glad you found us . This place is wonderful for support and information . .

New to Group

Hi,

My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.

Hugs from ME

Guest guest

--Dear :

Don't dispair, you are not alone,we are all here for you and don't

be afraid.

I know how you feel, I am a nurse and in 1995 when I finished

nursing school I had to take a complete physical which include

complete lab work as one of the pre-requisites before I could take

the State Boards. I went to my personal physician and to my big

surprise he said he had something to tell me and proceeded to tell

me that I was hepatitis C positive, I couldn't undertstant how or

why? To this day I can only especulate about it.

To make the story short I was debastated, my youngest son was five,

my daughter six and my oldest son twelve, I thought I was going to

die. My whole world colapsed. The doctor said not to worry, just

to have blood tests done every six months to monitor my liver

function. In 1998 I saw a gastroenterologist and I told him I had

read about Interferon treatment for my hep c, he said my condition

was fine, my liver function was normal and therefore; I didn't need

to go thru such a treatment at the time.

So the years went by and I went about my daily life, but last year

at work I had two patients whom where in treatment with Interferon,

then I scheduled a visit with a new gastroenterologist, I received

more information and had lab tests to see which geno type I was and

see my posibilities of recovery from my disease, I got good news my

geno type has a chance or 99% recovery. I was in the process in my

career to become an MTA, which is a psychiatric nurse combination

with correction officer, to get the job I had to pass an agility

test, and not be on a hep c treatment, so I put my treatment off.

For the past two weeks I have been feeling very tired and I think I

can't wait any more, so I have scheduled my appointment with the

gastro MD for March 20th, on that day we will schedule my liver

biopsy. I know it's going to be rough, and I have to keep working, I

work long hours, 12hr shifts, the good thing is that my daughter is

now 17 and lives with her Dad in S CAL and my oldest lives on his

own also in S Cal, the only one that lives with me is my youngest

whom is now 16yrs old, I told my supervisor that I am sick and need

treatment and he offered to get me the forms of FMLA at work, this

way my MD can fill then out and when I call in sick I won't be

reprimended for excess use of sick time.

People don't die from this disease any more, you must be strong and

take it one day at a time, think about your treatment and plan every

step, continue to inform your self of how to protect and care for

your liver and what to eat and what things to stay away from, and

specially be aware of using universal precautions to prevent

infecting others. You must be strong and even when you get depressed

due to the treatment, be positibe just think of it as climbing a

mountain, think that each day you are closer to the top, and visit

this web site, reading and sharing stories will provide you support.

Don't give up, climb the mountain! You are not alone we are all

going to make it together to the top one day at a time.

Smile,

JoAnn

- In Hepatitis C , " elizabethnv1 "

<elizabethnv1@...> wrote:

>

> Welcome to the group , I am sorry about your diagnosis but

glad you found us . This place is wonderful for support and

information . .

> New to Group

>

>

>

> Hi,

>

> My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am

getting ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize

how serious this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get

some support and answers from you all! I guess its like having

cancer.

>

> Hugs from ME

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi linda. No need to panic. It is what it is ya know? There are no problems in life, just situations. No disrespect to anyone in this group. I recently found out myself, and just went to a consultation on hcv. I left feeling very comfortable with myself, much more so then when i had arrived. At this discussion my doctor told me that 95% of people infected with hcv will never expierence any major issues and that the liver is designed to last about 160 years, with hcv it can go 120 years without drinking and taking the right milk thistle suppplement if you fall in that percentile. No comment if you fall in that 5% bracket that isnt doing well. I decided not to do treatment because of my health being fine, and will just do a once a year blood work to monitor my condition. D <trees911@...> wrote: Hi, My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer. Hugs from ME

Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games.

Guest guest

Hi , Welcome to our group. First of all don't panic you have over 700 brothers and sisters here to help you through. *smile* Treatment will be one of the things we will help you through. There are many members here that are currently on treatment. Been on treatment recently. Or have been through it. Answers hon, we got them. I would have to say no brag, just fact Ma'am but I think we have one of the most informational groups web wide. Liz is our researcher and she makes sure that we get a variety of information on the board. Hugs from me, I am Janet one of the owners of the group. Love Janet D <trees911@...> wrote: Hi, My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer. Hugs from ME Take the ordinary things

of life, and make them your own. Do the impossible with a smile

Guest guest

JoAnn, thank you hon for sharing your story. Sounds like so many of us, and it touches my heart. Love JanetJoAnn <mango4180@...> wrote: --Dear :Don't dispair, you are not alone,we are all here for you and don't be afraid.I know how you feel, I am a nurse and in 1995 when I finished nursing school I had to take a complete physical which

include complete lab work as one of the pre-requisites before I could take the State Boards. I went to my personal physician and to my big surprise he said he had something to tell me and proceeded to tell me that I was hepatitis C positive, I couldn't undertstant how or why? To this day I can only especulate about it.To make the story short I was debastated, my youngest son was five, my daughter six and my oldest son twelve, I thought I was going to die. My whole world colapsed. The doctor said not to worry, just to have blood tests done every six months to monitor my liver function. In 1998 I saw a gastroenterologist and I told him I had read about Interferon treatment for my hep c, he said my condition was fine, my liver function was normal and therefore; I didn't need to go thru such a treatment at the time.So the years went by and I went about my daily life, but last year at work I had two patients whom where

in treatment with Interferon, then I scheduled a visit with a new gastroenterologist, I received more information and had lab tests to see which geno type I was and see my posibilities of recovery from my disease, I got good news my geno type has a chance or 99% recovery. I was in the process in my career to become an MTA, which is a psychiatric nurse combination with correction officer, to get the job I had to pass an agility test, and not be on a hep c treatment, so I put my treatment off.For the past two weeks I have been feeling very tired and I think I can't wait any more, so I have scheduled my appointment with the gastro MD for March 20th, on that day we will schedule my liver biopsy. I know it's going to be rough, and I have to keep working, I work long hours, 12hr shifts, the good thing is that my daughter is now 17 and lives with her Dad in S CAL and my oldest lives on his own also in S Cal, the only one

that lives with me is my youngest whom is now 16yrs old, I told my supervisor that I am sick and need treatment and he offered to get me the forms of FMLA at work, this way my MD can fill then out and when I call in sick I won't be reprimended for excess use of sick time.People don't die from this disease any more, you must be strong and take it one day at a time, think about your treatment and plan every step, continue to inform your self of how to protect and care for your liver and what to eat and what things to stay away from, and specially be aware of using universal precautions to prevent infecting others. You must be strong and even when you get depressed due to the treatment, be positibe just think of it as climbing a mountain, think that each day you are closer to the top, and visit this web site, reading and sharing stories will provide you support.Don't give up, climb the mountain! You are not alone we are

all going to make it together to the top one day at a time.Smile,JoAnn- In Hepatitis C , "elizabethnv1" <elizabethnv1@...> wrote:>> Welcome to the group , I am sorry about your diagnosis but glad you found us . This place is wonderful for support and information . . > New to Group> > > > Hi,> > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support

and answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > Hugs from ME> > >Take the ordinary things of life, and make them your own. Do the impossible with a smile

Guest guest

JoAnn, thank you hon for sharing your story. Sounds like so many of us, and it touches my heart. Love JanetJoAnn <mango4180@...> wrote: --Dear :Don't dispair, you are not alone,we are all here for you and don't be afraid.I know how you feel, I am a nurse and in 1995 when I finished nursing school I had to take a complete physical which

include complete lab work as one of the pre-requisites before I could take the State Boards. I went to my personal physician and to my big surprise he said he had something to tell me and proceeded to tell me that I was hepatitis C positive, I couldn't undertstant how or why? To this day I can only especulate about it.To make the story short I was debastated, my youngest son was five, my daughter six and my oldest son twelve, I thought I was going to die. My whole world colapsed. The doctor said not to worry, just to have blood tests done every six months to monitor my liver function. In 1998 I saw a gastroenterologist and I told him I had read about Interferon treatment for my hep c, he said my condition was fine, my liver function was normal and therefore; I didn't need to go thru such a treatment at the time.So the years went by and I went about my daily life, but last year at work I had two patients whom where

in treatment with Interferon, then I scheduled a visit with a new gastroenterologist, I received more information and had lab tests to see which geno type I was and see my posibilities of recovery from my disease, I got good news my geno type has a chance or 99% recovery. I was in the process in my career to become an MTA, which is a psychiatric nurse combination with correction officer, to get the job I had to pass an agility test, and not be on a hep c treatment, so I put my treatment off.For the past two weeks I have been feeling very tired and I think I can't wait any more, so I have scheduled my appointment with the gastro MD for March 20th, on that day we will schedule my liver biopsy. I know it's going to be rough, and I have to keep working, I work long hours, 12hr shifts, the good thing is that my daughter is now 17 and lives with her Dad in S CAL and my oldest lives on his own also in S Cal, the only one

that lives with me is my youngest whom is now 16yrs old, I told my supervisor that I am sick and need treatment and he offered to get me the forms of FMLA at work, this way my MD can fill then out and when I call in sick I won't be reprimended for excess use of sick time.People don't die from this disease any more, you must be strong and take it one day at a time, think about your treatment and plan every step, continue to inform your self of how to protect and care for your liver and what to eat and what things to stay away from, and specially be aware of using universal precautions to prevent infecting others. You must be strong and even when you get depressed due to the treatment, be positibe just think of it as climbing a mountain, think that each day you are closer to the top, and visit this web site, reading and sharing stories will provide you support.Don't give up, climb the mountain! You are not alone we are

all going to make it together to the top one day at a time.Smile,JoAnn- In Hepatitis C , "elizabethnv1" <elizabethnv1@...> wrote:>> Welcome to the group , I am sorry about your diagnosis but glad you found us . This place is wonderful for support and information . . > New to Group> > > > Hi,> > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support

and answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > Hugs from ME> > >Take the ordinary things of life, and make them your own. Do the impossible with a smile

Guest guest

Hi ,

My name is I'm 44 yrs young, and was diagnosed Hep C+ in 2003.

>

>

> Hi,

>

getting

> ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how

serious

> this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and

> answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.

>

> Hugs from ME

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi ,

My name is I'm 44 yrs young, and was diagnosed Hep C+ in 2003.

>

>

> Hi,

>

getting

serious

>

> Hugs from ME

>

>

>

Guest guest

I was force to stop treatment at about 5 or 6 months because of an

insurance problem. I was almost cleared with a viral load of 45. Now it

has come back in full force and more angry than before. There are

several programs to help with payment but I wasnt aware of them and had

no one advocating for me. Try to have a calm and supportive environment

for the duration of the treatment and surround yourself with people

that love you. Meds can affect your ability to handle stress and

stress " can " dramatically affect the outcome. Because my treatment was

interupted by inability to pay, I would advise you to make sure that

you keep your insurance in good standing and familiarize yourself with

the alternative programs that offer assistance. There are reasons why

the meds could be discontinued but non-payment should not be one of

them. There can be some harsh side effects but most were temperary for

me and could be managed. There is a lot of info to digest but its worth

the read. Educate yourself and prepare yourself spiritually to be

strong. At the end of the day we are our own best advocate. Love

yourself well and dont lose faith or hope that you will get through it

and " this to will pass " . We will pray for you to recieve your golden

prize of Sustained Virologic Response (SVR) and that you move forward

with a beautiful life. I dont often post but I monitor the posts almost

daily and have learned more here than anywhere else (Thank you Admin).

Chris

>

>

> Hi,

>

getting

serious

>

> Hugs from ME

>

>

>

Guest guest

I was force to stop treatment at about 5 or 6 months because of an

insurance problem. I was almost cleared with a viral load of 45. Now it

has come back in full force and more angry than before. There are

several programs to help with payment but I wasnt aware of them and had

no one advocating for me. Try to have a calm and supportive environment

for the duration of the treatment and surround yourself with people

that love you. Meds can affect your ability to handle stress and

stress " can " dramatically affect the outcome. Because my treatment was

interupted by inability to pay, I would advise you to make sure that

you keep your insurance in good standing and familiarize yourself with

the alternative programs that offer assistance. There are reasons why

the meds could be discontinued but non-payment should not be one of

them. There can be some harsh side effects but most were temperary for

me and could be managed. There is a lot of info to digest but its worth

the read. Educate yourself and prepare yourself spiritually to be

strong. At the end of the day we are our own best advocate. Love

yourself well and dont lose faith or hope that you will get through it

and " this to will pass " . We will pray for you to recieve your golden

prize of Sustained Virologic Response (SVR) and that you move forward

with a beautiful life. I dont often post but I monitor the posts almost

daily and have learned more here than anywhere else (Thank you Admin).

Chris

>

>

> Hi,

>

getting

serious

>

> Hugs from ME

>

>

>

Guest guest

I hope you will choose to treat again, Chris. I'm sorry for your trouble. I had a very hard time muddling my through the bureaucracy when I was first seeking treatment. I was in tears more than once at my inability to travel through the system. The political thing about it was the worst. That was in 2000 and I finally divorced my hubby to be poor enough to be able to qualify for the drug company help. THEN, I relapsed. lol

I now have coverage and at the ripe old age of 64, (after being told I was too old to treat again), I am treating. I'm in week 6 and hangin' in there. The sides are manageable and I'll make it through with a far greater hope of SVR than in the previous treatment.

Keeping stress free is hard, but I just keep telling myself that this is one year of an otherwise looonngg life ahead of me. My family had great longevity. lol

, the first impact of learning about this disease is the worst. It IS a serious desiase, but can be successfully treated and you've found just the place to find the support and knowledge to do just that. Welcome to a very good group. The people here have a collective knowledge that rivals many doctors in the field. Good luck and lots of hugs to you.

Sharon

I was force to stop treatment at about 5 or 6 months because of an insurance problem. I was almost cleared with a viral load of 45. Now it has come back in full force and more angry than before. There are several programs to help with payment but I wasnt aware of them and had no one advocating for me. Try to have a calm and supportive environment for the duration of the treatment and surround yourself with people that love you. Meds can affect your ability to handle stress and stress "can" dramatically affect the outcome. Because my treatment was interupted by inability to pay, I would advise you to make sure that you keep your insurance in good standing and familiarize yourself with the alternative programs that offer assistance. There are reasons why the meds could be discontinued but non-payment should not be one of them. There can be some harsh side effects but most were temperary for me and could be managed. There is a lot of info to digest but its worth the read. Educate yourself and prepare yourself spiritually to be strong. At the end of the day we are our own best advocate. Love yourself well and dont lose faith or hope that you will get through it and "this to will pass". We will pray for you to recieve your golden prize of Sustained Virologic Response (SVR) and that you move forward with a beautiful life. I dont often post but I monitor the posts almost daily and have learned more here than anywhere else (Thank you Admin). >> > Hi,> > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting> ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious> this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > Hugs from ME> > >

Guest guest

I hope you will choose to treat again, Chris. I'm sorry for your trouble. I had a very hard time muddling my through the bureaucracy when I was first seeking treatment. I was in tears more than once at my inability to travel through the system. The political thing about it was the worst. That was in 2000 and I finally divorced my hubby to be poor enough to be able to qualify for the drug company help. THEN, I relapsed. lol

I now have coverage and at the ripe old age of 64, (after being told I was too old to treat again), I am treating. I'm in week 6 and hangin' in there. The sides are manageable and I'll make it through with a far greater hope of SVR than in the previous treatment.

Keeping stress free is hard, but I just keep telling myself that this is one year of an otherwise looonngg life ahead of me. My family had great longevity. lol

, the first impact of learning about this disease is the worst. It IS a serious desiase, but can be successfully treated and you've found just the place to find the support and knowledge to do just that. Welcome to a very good group. The people here have a collective knowledge that rivals many doctors in the field. Good luck and lots of hugs to you.

Sharon

I was force to stop treatment at about 5 or 6 months because of an insurance problem. I was almost cleared with a viral load of 45. Now it has come back in full force and more angry than before. There are several programs to help with payment but I wasnt aware of them and had no one advocating for me. Try to have a calm and supportive environment for the duration of the treatment and surround yourself with people that love you. Meds can affect your ability to handle stress and stress "can" dramatically affect the outcome. Because my treatment was interupted by inability to pay, I would advise you to make sure that you keep your insurance in good standing and familiarize yourself with the alternative programs that offer assistance. There are reasons why the meds could be discontinued but non-payment should not be one of them. There can be some harsh side effects but most were temperary for me and could be managed. There is a lot of info to digest but its worth the read. Educate yourself and prepare yourself spiritually to be strong. At the end of the day we are our own best advocate. Love yourself well and dont lose faith or hope that you will get through it and "this to will pass". We will pray for you to recieve your golden prize of Sustained Virologic Response (SVR) and that you move forward with a beautiful life. I dont often post but I monitor the posts almost daily and have learned more here than anywhere else (Thank you Admin). >> > Hi,> > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting> ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious> this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > Hugs from ME> > >

Guest guest

Sharon, My pcp told me that he had a 91 year old who treated! SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote: I hope you will choose to treat again, Chris. I'm sorry for your trouble. I had a very hard time muddling my through the bureaucracy when I was first seeking treatment. I was in tears more than once at my inability to travel through the system. The political thing about it was the worst. That

was in 2000 and I finally divorced my hubby to be poor enough to be able to qualify for the drug company help. THEN, I relapsed. lol I now have coverage and at the ripe old age of 64, (after being told I was too old to treat again), I am treating. I'm in week 6 and hangin' in there. The sides are manageable and I'll make it through with a far greater hope of SVR than in the previous treatment. Keeping stress free is hard, but I just keep telling myself that this is one year of an otherwise looonngg life ahead of me. My family had great longevity. lol , the first impact of learning about this disease is the worst. It IS a serious desiase, but can be successfully treated and you've found just the place to find the support and knowledge to do just that. Welcome to a very good group. The people here have a collective

knowledge that rivals many doctors in the field. Good luck and lots of hugs to you. Sharon I was force to stop treatment at about 5 or 6 months because of an insurance problem. I was almost cleared with a viral load of 45. Now it has come back in full force and more angry than before. There are several programs to help with payment but I wasnt aware of them and had no one advocating for me. Try to have a calm and supportive environment for the duration of the treatment and surround yourself with people that love you. Meds can affect your ability to handle stress and stress "can" dramatically affect the outcome. Because my treatment was interupted by inability to pay, I would advise you to make sure that you keep your insurance in good standing and familiarize yourself with the alternative programs

that offer assistance. There are reasons why the meds could be discontinued but non-payment should not be one of them. There can be some harsh side effects but most were temperary for me and could be managed. There is a lot of info to digest but its worth the read. Educate yourself and prepare yourself spiritually to be strong. At the end of the day we are our own best advocate. Love yourself well and dont lose faith or hope that you will get through it and "this to will pass". We will pray for you to recieve your golden prize of Sustained Virologic Response (SVR) and that you move forward with a beautiful life. I dont often post but I monitor the posts almost daily and have learned more here than anywhere else (Thank you Admin). >> > Hi,> > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting> ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious> this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > Hugs from ME> > > Jackie