RemedySpot.com

new to group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

yes, I DO think it hurts less in the belly than the thigh.. maybe I am just more sensitive in my legs cuz that is where most of my pain is,, but in the belly, you can squeeze the fat hard and tight and it never even hurts,, lol DeWitt <trees911@...> wrote: do you think it hurt less?Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yep it IS different giving shots to yourself

instead of to others! I was a paramedic for 15 years and gave shots, started IV's all the time, but it WAS different giving myself a shot.. After the first one it was easy ,, but that first one, was a doozie.. I used my belly cuz I could pinch it easier and I thought it hurt even less there than my thigh.. jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon / ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again

but it was something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope. The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak. Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give injections well but learned a

new respect having to give them to myself. Jackie Hugs from ME Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your question on Answers. Jackie

yep, I know of a gal who lives in Florida who flies to Kentucky every 3 months to see Dr. Cecil.. and he stayed in touch with me via email and helped me clear DeWitt <trees911@...> wrote: Thanks for info, 4 times a year in Kentucky, I could handle that!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: oh darn,, well I hope you can find a good doc,, dont give up, if you dont

like one, get rid of him/her and keep looking,, its soooo important while you are on tx that you have a doc who WILL treat the sides,, some gastro's wont treat them and will stop tx if you have serious sides,, and THAT DEFEATS the purpose of tx.. What you can do is email Dr. Ben Cecil, he has offices in Kentucky and in another big city I think Detroit.. but you can fly to see him 4 times a year and he will work with your local doc... HE IS THE BEST! DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: No, I live in Augusta Maine, good drs. are in Portland Maine, wish I was there so I could use yours!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: , do you live in Portland,

Oregon? I lived in Hillsboro when I was on treatment and my pcp was GREAT.. so if you dont have a good doc, I'd recommend mine,, lol, DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: So people get divorced to get help, what is wrong with our system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very nervous because I live alone. I have two jobs, and will probably have to give the part time one up, I don't know how I am going to live on just my school secretary job . . . I do not get paid for any vacations and summer vacation so thats why I need to have a second job.jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: Thank You sharon,Your an inspiration. I'm hoping to stabilize my life

before I attempttreatment again. I have the genotype 3a and believe strongly that I will clear this virus next time. Dont want to repeat some of the same mistakes I made the first time around. Looks like I will have to divorce my wife to qualify. My first medicaid/disability application was denied before the process even started. Not giving up though. I have to much that I want to do with my life. I wish you all the best success. HANG IN THERE!Chris> >> > > > Hi,> > > > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am > getting> > ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how > serious> > this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> > answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > > > Hugs from ME> > > > > >> Hugs from ME Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains. Jackie Hugs from ME Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink

Q & A. Jackie Hugs from ME Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster. Jackie

yes, you will as your hemoglobin and RBC's get lower, you will be more tired and actually just SICK of treatment,, lol,, I knew others who took time off initially, to get 'used' to treatment and then at the end, they had no more time left and it was awful.. I worked for the first 12 weeks and it was much easier at first.. at least for me, but everyone is different.. DeWitt <trees911@...> wrote: Thanks Jackie, I had no idea I would be tired at the end!Jackie on

<redjaxjm > wrote: , since you have a desk job, it should make it easier to be able to work while on tx, I was a 911 paramedic working 24 hour shifts,, it was awful and as I got more and more anemic, I found I was unable to get up as quick to run a call as well as my thinking became muddled and that could have been dangerous in my life of work,, so at week 12, I went on medical leave. If it was me, I'd either use the summer as the first part of your treatment OR the last part,, cuz both times are hard,, the end because you are usually very anemic and tired.. and the beginning as you are 'getting used to' the treatment... DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks for

sharing! I can see where the ins. is so important. I am sooo hoping not to miss a lot of work. I work as a secretary in a school department, so I will be able to have some rest in the summer, I am thinking I could maybe start April vacation, but may see if I can wait till summer vacation.jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon / ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again

but it was something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope. The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak. Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give injections well but learned a

new respect having to give them to myself. Hugs from ME Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out. Jackie Hugs from ME Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie

I've just found the tummy easier all around, not sure why - finally came up with

a reason

to be glad my tummy is not firm and tight lol! I really haven't felt any pain

in either place

thought - not even a pinch!

I went through about 24 weeks of

treatment with

the Interferon /

> ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in

> insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I

> discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect

> wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten

> year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of

> breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was

> something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and

> muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have

> treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a

> year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds

> can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope.

> The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and

> on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those

> I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and

> avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my

> injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak.

> Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it

> always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I

> hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give

> injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to

> myself.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Jackie

>

>

>

>

>

> Hugs from ME

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your

question on

Answers.

>

>

>

>

> Jackie

>

Just a note for men starting treatment, unless you have some fat in

your thighs, I was told that it is not recomended for men. You could

end up getting the medication intra muscularly where it won't last

as long. I always used my stomach and only found one place that it

hurt, so I avoided that spot in the future.

Lee

I went through about 24

weeks of treatment with

> the Interferon /

> > ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps

in

> > insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I

> > discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over

effect

> > wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran

my ten

> > year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was

out of

> > breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was

> > something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint

and

> > muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to

have

> > treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can

dedicate a

> > year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again.

The meds

> > can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best

hope.

> > The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with

cancer and

> > on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds

to those

> > I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue

and

> > avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my

> > injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each

weak.

> > Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and

it

> > always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only

twice did I

> > hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give

> > injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to

> > myself.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Jackie

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Hugs from ME

> >

> >

> > ---------------------------------

> > Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know.

Ask your question on

> Answers.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Jackie

> >

>

guess I will be able to do that!Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: yes, I DO think it hurts less in the belly than the thigh.. maybe I am just more sensitive in my legs cuz that is where most of my pain is,, but in the belly, you can squeeze the fat hard and tight and it never even hurts,, lol DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: do you think it hurt

less?Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yep it IS different giving shots to yourself instead of to others! I was a paramedic for 15 years and gave shots, started IV's all the time, but it WAS different giving myself a shot.. After the first one it was easy ,, but that first one, was a doozie.. I used my belly cuz I could pinch it easier and I thought it hurt even less there than my thigh.. jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon / ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I discontinued treatment my viral

load was 45. Once the hang over effect wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope. The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak.

Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to myself. Jackie Hugs from ME Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your question on Answers. Jackie Hugs

from ME

Don't get soaked. Take a quick peak at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut.

guess I will have to do some calculating!Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: yes, you will as your hemoglobin and RBC's get lower, you will be more tired and actually just SICK of treatment,, lol,, I knew others who took time off initially, to get 'used' to treatment and then at the end, they had no more time left and it was awful.. I worked for the first 12 weeks and it was much easier at first.. at least for me, but everyone is different.. DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks Jackie, I had no idea I would be tired at the end!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: , since you have a desk job, it should make it easier to be able to work while on tx, I was a 911 paramedic working 24 hour shifts,, it was awful and as I got more and more anemic, I found I was unable to get up as quick to run a call as well as my thinking became muddled and that could have been dangerous in my life of work,, so at week 12, I went on medical leave. If it was me, I'd either use the summer as the first part of your treatment OR the last part,, cuz both times are hard,, the end because you are usually very anemic and tired.. and the beginning as you are 'getting used to' the

treatment... DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks for sharing! I can see where the ins. is so important. I am sooo hoping not to miss a lot of work. I work as a secretary in a school department, so I will be able to have some rest in the summer, I am thinking I could maybe start April vacation, but may see if I can wait till summer vacation.jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon / ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over

effect wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope. The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak. Had some local redness and

swelling but kept the site clean and it always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to myself. Hugs from ME Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out. Jackie Hugs from ME Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie Hugs

from ME

Don't pick lemons.

See all the new 2007 cars at Autos.

>

You know, it's not just women with fat in their thighs! Oops, here

comes an argument of some type. I've used both places with little

difference, so I must have some " female " fat in me?? Seriously, though,

thanks for the info.

Just a note for men starting treatment, unless you have some fat in

> your thighs, I was told that it is not recomended for men.

thats great!!! feeling better about the shots now!Checkers2001 <simplicity53@...> wrote: I've just found the tummy easier all around, not sure why - finally came up with a reason to be glad my tummy is not firm and tight lol! I really haven't felt any pain in either place thought - not even a pinch! I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon / > ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in > insurance coverage. Didnt

clear but came darn close. When I > discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect > wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten > year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of > breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was > something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and > muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have > treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a > year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds > can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope. > The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and > on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those > I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and >

avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my > injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak. > Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it > always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I > hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give > injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to > myself. > > > > > > > Jackie > > > > > > Hugs from ME> > > ---------------------------------> Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your question on Answers. > > > > > Jackie>Hugs

from ME

Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection. Try the free Beta.

, you are gonna do just fine hon,, we will be here for ya all the way! DeWitt <trees911@...> wrote: thats great!!! feeling better about the shots now!Checkers2001 <simplicity53gmail> wrote: I've just found the tummy easier all around, not sure why - finally came up with a reason to be glad my tummy is not firm and tight lol! I really haven't felt

any pain in either place thought - not even a pinch! I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon / > ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in > insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I > discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect > wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten > year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of > breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was > something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and > muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have > treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a > year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds > can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our

best hope. > The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and > on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those > I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and > avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my > injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak. > Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it > always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I > hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give > injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to > myself. > > > > > > > Jackie > > > > > > Hugs from ME> > > ---------------------------------> Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from

people who know. Ask your question on Answers. > > > > > Jackie> Hugs from ME Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection.Try the free Beta. Jackie

well you may be one of the lucky ones and just sail right through and be able to work the entire time,, I have seen people do it! Lets hope for the best hon! DeWitt <trees911@...> wrote: guess I will have to do some calculating!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yes, you will as your hemoglobin and RBC's get lower, you will be more tired and actually just

SICK of treatment,, lol,, I knew others who took time off initially, to get 'used' to treatment and then at the end, they had no more time left and it was awful.. I worked for the first 12 weeks and it was much easier at first.. at least for me, but everyone is different.. DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks Jackie, I had no idea I would be tired at the end!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: , since you have a desk job, it should make it easier to be able to work while on tx, I was a 911 paramedic working 24 hour shifts,, it was awful and as I got more and more anemic, I found I was unable to get up as quick to run a call as well as my thinking became

muddled and that could have been dangerous in my life of work,, so at week 12, I went on medical leave. If it was me, I'd either use the summer as the first part of your treatment OR the last part,, cuz both times are hard,, the end because you are usually very anemic and tired.. and the beginning as you are 'getting used to' the treatment... DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks for sharing! I can see where the ins. is so important. I am sooo hoping not to miss a lot of work. I work as a secretary in a school department, so I will be able to have some rest in the summer, I am thinking I could maybe start April vacation, but may see if I can wait till summer vacation.jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon / ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope. The side effects can be managed. I have a family member

with cancer and on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak. Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to myself. Hugs from ME Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the

instant new Mail arrives. Check it out. Jackie Hugs from ME Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie Hugs from ME Don't pick lemons.See all the new 2007 cars at Autos. Jackie

I am! I think a lot of it is attitude!!! I did however, have a little sit down talk with my daughter explaining that I am probably going to be very tired ( I am already and haven't started treatment) and I would probably not be able to babysit a lot, or help them move. She is positive, her husband's father had hep c and drank the whole time he was having it, and it went away. But he is on VA disability and all he does is sit around and drink, oh well, I am not a big drinker, so not drinking is nothing to me, just don't tell me I can't have my water!Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: well you may be one of the lucky ones and just sail right through and be able to work the entire time,, I have seen people do it! Lets hope for the best hon! DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: guess I will have to do some calculating!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yes, you will as your hemoglobin and RBC's get lower, you will be more tired and actually just SICK of treatment,, lol,, I knew others who took time off initially, to get 'used' to treatment and then at the end, they had no more time left and it was awful.. I worked for the first 12 weeks and it was

much easier at first.. at least for me, but everyone is different.. DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks Jackie, I had no idea I would be tired at the end!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: , since you have a desk job, it should make it easier to be able to work while on tx, I was a 911 paramedic working 24 hour shifts,, it was awful and as I got more and more anemic, I found I was unable to get up as quick to run a call as well as my thinking became muddled and that could have been dangerous in my life of work,, so at week 12, I went on medical leave. If it was me, I'd either use the summer as the first part of your treatment OR the last part,, cuz both

times are hard,, the end because you are usually very anemic and tired.. and the beginning as you are 'getting used to' the treatment... DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks for sharing! I can see where the ins. is so important. I am sooo hoping not to miss a lot of work. I work as a secretary in a school department, so I will be able to have some rest in the summer, I am thinking I could maybe start April vacation, but may see if I can wait till summer vacation.jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon / ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in

insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope. The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is

imperative. I gave my injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak. Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to myself. Hugs from ME Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out. Jackie Hugs from ME Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie Hugs from ME Don't pick lemons.See all the new 2007 cars at Autos. Jackie Hugs from ME

The fish are biting.

Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing.

ha! I would need a cab driver to get me there!Rick Kipp <rickkipp@...> wrote: Whoa there, : I used to drive cab in Boston during college. Since I left, I'm sure it's much safer!!In Hepatitis C , DeWitt <trees911@. Hugs from ME

It's here! Your new message!Get

new email alerts with the free Toolbar.

it went away? How did that happen and are you sure? Some people have a spontaneous clearance but if he is still drinking, I just dont know how it could be gone! The alcohol is like pouring lighter fluid on a fire.. Yes, attitude IS a lot of it and if you can get your life all set up that you KNOW that you will NOT be on this forever,, and that while its hard, YOU CAN DO IT... and you CAN deal with the side effects as long as you have a good doc... My son had a daughter who was born just after I started tx and I had her almost half of the time and it was hard,, real hard,, because I was so tired all the time,,, but we managed,, and I think the MOST important thing is that your family understand that while you may not look sick, you ARE SICK and that you are fighting for your life.... DeWitt <trees911@...> wrote: I am! I think a lot of it is attitude!!! I did however, have a little sit down talk with my daughter explaining that I am probably going to be very tired ( I am already and haven't started treatment) and I would probably not be able to babysit a lot, or help them move. She is positive, her husband's father had hep c and drank the whole time he was having it, and it went away. But he is on VA disability and all he does is sit around and drink, oh well, I am not a big drinker, so not drinking is nothing to me, just don't tell me I can't have my water!Jackie on

<redjaxjm > wrote: well you may be one of the lucky ones and just sail right through and be able to work the entire time,, I have seen people do it! Lets hope for the best hon! DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: guess I will have to do some calculating!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yes, you will as your hemoglobin and RBC's get lower, you will be more tired and actually just SICK of treatment,, lol,, I knew others who took time off initially, to get 'used' to treatment and then at the end, they had no more time

left and it was awful.. I worked for the first 12 weeks and it was much easier at first.. at least for me, but everyone is different.. DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks Jackie, I had no idea I would be tired at the end!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: , since you have a desk job, it should make it easier to be able to work while on tx, I was a 911 paramedic working 24 hour shifts,, it was awful and as I got more and more anemic, I found I was unable to get up as quick to run a call as well as my thinking became muddled and that could have been dangerous in my life of work,, so at week 12, I went on medical leave. If it was me, I'd either use the

summer as the first part of your treatment OR the last part,, cuz both times are hard,, the end because you are usually very anemic and tired.. and the beginning as you are 'getting used to' the treatment... DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks for sharing! I can see where the ins. is so important. I am sooo hoping not to miss a lot of work. I work as a secretary in a school department, so I will be able to have some rest in the summer, I am thinking I could maybe start April vacation, but may see if I can wait till summer vacation.jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon /

ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope. The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to

be the biggest issue and avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak. Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to myself. Hugs from ME Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it

out. Jackie Hugs from ME Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie Hugs

from ME Don't pick lemons.See all the new 2007 cars at Autos. Jackie Hugs from ME The fish are biting.Get more visitors on your site

using Search Marketing. Jackie

YOU SHOULD NOT BE ANY KIND OF DRINKER HON,, NO ALCOHOL whatsoever,, not in drinks, not is OTC meds, not in cough syrup etc,, not in mouthwash either,, NOPE,, NONE DeWitt <trees911@...> wrote: I am! I think a lot of it is attitude!!! I did however, have a little sit down talk with my daughter explaining that I am probably going to be very tired ( I am already and haven't started treatment) and I would probably not be able to babysit a lot, or help them move. She is positive, her husband's

father had hep c and drank the whole time he was having it, and it went away. But he is on VA disability and all he does is sit around and drink, oh well, I am not a big drinker, so not drinking is nothing to me, just don't tell me I can't have my water!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: well you may be one of the lucky ones and just sail right through and be able to work the entire time,, I have seen people do it! Lets hope for the best hon! DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: guess I will have to do some calculating!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yes, you will as your hemoglobin and RBC's get lower, you will be more tired and actually just SICK of treatment,, lol,, I knew others who took time off initially, to get 'used' to treatment and then at the end, they had no more time left and it was awful.. I worked for the first 12 weeks and it was much easier at first.. at least for me, but everyone is different.. DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks Jackie, I had no idea I would be tired at the end!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: , since you have a desk job, it should make it easier to be able to work while on tx, I was a 911 paramedic

working 24 hour shifts,, it was awful and as I got more and more anemic, I found I was unable to get up as quick to run a call as well as my thinking became muddled and that could have been dangerous in my life of work,, so at week 12, I went on medical leave. If it was me, I'd either use the summer as the first part of your treatment OR the last part,, cuz both times are hard,, the end because you are usually very anemic and tired.. and the beginning as you are 'getting used to' the treatment... DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks for sharing! I can see where the ins. is so important. I am sooo hoping not to miss a lot of work. I work as a secretary in a school department, so I will be able to have some rest in the summer, I am thinking I could maybe start April vacation, but may see if I

can wait till summer vacation.jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon / ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it

again. The meds can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope. The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak. Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to myself. Hugs from ME Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out. Jackie Hugs from ME Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie Hugs from ME Don't pick lemons.See all the new 2007 cars at Autos. Jackie Hugs from ME The fish are biting.Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing. Jackie

Well he didn't have to have any more treatments . . . . . maybe he has it and is just not gonna do anymore about it., I don't think he goes in much for check upsJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: it went away? How did that happen and are you sure? Some people have a spontaneous clearance but if he is still drinking, I just dont know how it could be gone! The alcohol is like pouring lighter fluid on a fire.. Yes, attitude IS a lot of it and if you can get

your life all set up that you KNOW that you will NOT be on this forever,, and that while its hard, YOU CAN DO IT... and you CAN deal with the side effects as long as you have a good doc... My son had a daughter who was born just after I started tx and I had her almost half of the time and it was hard,, real hard,, because I was so tired all the time,,, but we managed,, and I think the MOST important thing is that your family understand that while you may not look sick, you ARE SICK and that you are fighting for your life.... DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: I am! I think a lot of it is attitude!!! I did however, have a little sit down talk with my daughter explaining that I am probably going to be very tired ( I am already and haven't started treatment) and I would probably not be

able to babysit a lot, or help them move. She is positive, her husband's father had hep c and drank the whole time he was having it, and it went away. But he is on VA disability and all he does is sit around and drink, oh well, I am not a big drinker, so not drinking is nothing to me, just don't tell me I can't have my water!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: well you may be one of the lucky ones and just sail right through and be able to work the entire time,, I have seen people do it! Lets hope for the best hon! DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: guess I will have to do some calculating!Jackie on

<redjaxjm > wrote: yes, you will as your hemoglobin and RBC's get lower, you will be more tired and actually just SICK of treatment,, lol,, I knew others who took time off initially, to get 'used' to treatment and then at the end, they had no more time left and it was awful.. I worked for the first 12 weeks and it was much easier at first.. at least for me, but everyone is different.. DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks Jackie, I had no idea I would be tired at the end!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: , since

you have a desk job, it should make it easier to be able to work while on tx, I was a 911 paramedic working 24 hour shifts,, it was awful and as I got more and more anemic, I found I was unable to get up as quick to run a call as well as my thinking became muddled and that could have been dangerous in my life of work,, so at week 12, I went on medical leave. If it was me, I'd either use the summer as the first part of your treatment OR the last part,, cuz both times are hard,, the end because you are usually very anemic and tired.. and the beginning as you are 'getting used to' the treatment... DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks for sharing! I can see where the ins. is so important. I am sooo hoping not to miss a lot of work. I work as a secretary in a school department, so I will be able

to have some rest in the summer, I am thinking I could maybe start April vacation, but may see if I can wait till summer vacation.jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon / ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have treated. When I get my life

stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope. The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak. Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to myself. Hugs from

ME Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out. Jackie Hugs from ME Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie Hugs from ME Don't pick lemons.See all the new 2007 cars at Autos. Jackie Hugs from ME The fish are biting.Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing. Jackie Hugs

from ME

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time with the Search movie showtime shortcut.

I don't remember the last time I had a drink of Alcohol. I was told I could take nyquil, I haven't had to yet, but was told I could, next time I am in the store I will have to check and see if there is alcohol in itJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: YOU SHOULD NOT BE ANY KIND OF DRINKER HON,, NO ALCOHOL whatsoever,, not in drinks, not is OTC meds, not in cough syrup etc,, not in mouthwash either,, NOPE,, NONE DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: I am! I think a lot of it is attitude!!! I did however, have a little sit down talk with my daughter explaining that I am probably going to be very tired ( I am already and haven't started treatment) and I would probably not be able to babysit a lot, or help them move. She is positive, her husband's father had hep c and drank the whole time he was having it, and it went away. But he is on VA disability and all he does is sit around and drink, oh well, I am not a big drinker, so not drinking is nothing to me, just don't tell me I can't have my water!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: well you may be one of the lucky ones and just sail right through and be able to work the entire time,, I have seen

people do it! Lets hope for the best hon! DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: guess I will have to do some calculating!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yes, you will as your hemoglobin and RBC's get lower, you will be more tired and actually just SICK of treatment,, lol,, I knew others who took time off initially, to get 'used' to treatment and then at the end, they had no more time left and it was awful.. I worked for the first 12 weeks and it was much easier at first.. at least for me, but everyone is different.. DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks Jackie, I had no idea I would be tired at the end!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: , since you have a desk job, it should make it easier to be able to work while on tx, I was a 911 paramedic working 24 hour shifts,, it was awful and as I got more and more anemic, I found I was unable to get up as quick to run a call as well as my thinking became muddled and that could have been dangerous in my life of work,, so at week 12, I went on medical leave. If it was me, I'd either use the summer as the first part of your treatment OR the last part,, cuz both times are hard,, the end because you are usually very anemic and tired.. and the beginning as you are 'getting used to' the treatment... DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks for sharing! I can see where the ins. is so important. I am sooo hoping not to miss a lot of work. I work as a secretary in a school department, so I will be able to have some rest in the summer, I am thinking I could maybe start April vacation, but may see if I can wait till summer vacation.jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon / ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten year

old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope. The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak. Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it always resolved itself in time for the next

injection. Only twice did I hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to myself. Hugs from ME Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out. Jackie Hugs from ME Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie Hugs from ME Don't pick lemons.See all the new

2007 cars at Autos. Jackie Hugs from ME The fish are biting.Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing. Jackie Hugs

from ME

Don't be flakey. Get for Mobile and always stay connected to friends.

I don't remember the last time I had a drink of Alcohol. I was told I could take nyquil, I haven't had to yet, but was told I could, next time I am in the store I will have to check and see if there is alcohol in itJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: YOU SHOULD NOT BE ANY KIND OF DRINKER HON,, NO ALCOHOL whatsoever,, not in drinks, not is OTC meds, not in cough syrup etc,, not in mouthwash either,, NOPE,, NONE DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: I am! I think a lot of it is attitude!!! I did however, have a little sit down talk with my daughter explaining that I am probably going to be very tired ( I am already and haven't started treatment) and I would probably not be able to babysit a lot, or help them move. She is positive, her husband's father had hep c and drank the whole time he was having it, and it went away. But he is on VA disability and all he does is sit around and drink, oh well, I am not a big drinker, so not drinking is nothing to me, just don't tell me I can't have my water!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: well you may be one of the lucky ones and just sail right through and be able to work the entire time,, I have seen

people do it! Lets hope for the best hon! DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: guess I will have to do some calculating!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yes, you will as your hemoglobin and RBC's get lower, you will be more tired and actually just SICK of treatment,, lol,, I knew others who took time off initially, to get 'used' to treatment and then at the end, they had no more time left and it was awful.. I worked for the first 12 weeks and it was much easier at first.. at least for me, but everyone is different.. DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks Jackie, I had no idea I would be tired at the end!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: , since you have a desk job, it should make it easier to be able to work while on tx, I was a 911 paramedic working 24 hour shifts,, it was awful and as I got more and more anemic, I found I was unable to get up as quick to run a call as well as my thinking became muddled and that could have been dangerous in my life of work,, so at week 12, I went on medical leave. If it was me, I'd either use the summer as the first part of your treatment OR the last part,, cuz both times are hard,, the end because you are usually very anemic and tired.. and the beginning as you are 'getting used to' the treatment... DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks for sharing! I can see where the ins. is so important. I am sooo hoping not to miss a lot of work. I work as a secretary in a school department, so I will be able to have some rest in the summer, I am thinking I could maybe start April vacation, but may see if I can wait till summer vacation.jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon / ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten year

old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope. The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak. Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it always resolved itself in time for the next

injection. Only twice did I hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to myself. Hugs from ME Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out. Jackie Hugs from ME Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie Hugs from ME Don't pick lemons.See all the new

2007 cars at Autos. Jackie Hugs from ME The fish are biting.Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing. Jackie Hugs

from ME

Looking for earth-friendly autos? Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Autos' Green Center.

Though I am female, I always do mine in the thigh... giving myself a shot in the stomach makes me very uneasy...Rick Kipp <rickkipp@...> wrote: >You know, it's not just women with fat in their thighs! Oops, here comes an argument of some type. I've used both places with little difference, so I must have some "female" fat in me?? Seriously, though,

thanks for the info.Just a note for men starting treatment, unless you have some fat in > your thighs, I was told that it is not recomended for men.

The fish are biting.

Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing.

When I start, can I do it in the thigh, and the next week the tummy, next week the other thigh?Kerri Landress <kerrilandress@...> wrote: Though I am female, I always do mine in the thigh... giving myself a shot in the stomach makes me very uneasy...Rick Kipp <rickkippearthlink (DOT) net> wrote: >You know, it's not just women with fat in their thighs! Oops, here comes an argument of some type. I've used both places with little difference, so I must have some "female" fat in me?? Seriously, though, thanks for the info.Just a note for men starting treatment, unless you have some fat in > your thighs, I was told that it is not recomended for men. The fish are biting.Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing. Hugs

from ME

Don't pick lemons.

See all the new 2007 cars at Autos.

Absolutely, LInda! That's just what I did to start - and as you do that you'll

figure out what

works best for you. You just don't want to inject in the same place. And if

you are using

your thighs or tummy - you'll want to change sides each week. Your doctor and

nurses

will definitely go over all of this with you. You'll have good support! karen

> >

> You know, it's not just women with fat in their thighs! Oops, here

> comes an argument of some type. I've used both places with little

> difference, so I must have some " female " fat in me?? Seriously, though,

> thanks for the info.

>

> Just a note for men starting treatment, unless you have some fat in

> > your thighs, I was told that it is not recomended for men.

>

>

>

>

>

> The fish are biting.

> Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing.

>

>

>

>

> Hugs from ME

>

>

>

> Don't pick lemons.

> See all the new 2007 cars at Autos.

>

Thanks, tomorrow I go for an ekg, one of the tests they want before I start treatment!Checkers2001 <simplicity53@...> wrote: Absolutely, LInda! That's just what I did to start - and as you do that you'll figure out what works best for you. You just don't want to inject in the same place. And if you are using your thighs or tummy - you'll want to change sides each week. Your doctor and nurses will definitely go over all of this with you. You'll have good support! karen> >> You know, it's not just women with fat in their thighs! Oops, here > comes an argument of some type. I've used both places with little > difference, so I must have some "female" fat in me?? Seriously, though, > thanks for the info.> > Just a note for men starting

treatment, unless you have some fat in > > your thighs, I was told that it is not recomended for men. > > > > > > ---------------------------------> The fish are biting.> Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing. > > > > > Hugs from ME> > > > ---------------------------------> Don't pick lemons.> See all the new 2007 cars at Autos.>Hugs from ME

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q&A.

Sure,, you can do it anywhere,, I even gave myself a couple in the back of the arm, in the fatty part.. DeWitt <trees911@...> wrote: When I start, can I do it in the thigh, and the next week the tummy, next week the other thigh?Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: Though I am female, I always do mine in the thigh... giving myself a shot in the stomach makes

me very uneasy...Rick Kipp <rickkippearthlink (DOT) net> wrote: >You know, it's not just women with fat in their thighs! Oops, here comes an argument of some type. I've used both places with little difference, so I must have some "female" fat in me?? Seriously, though, thanks for the info.Just a note for men starting treatment, unless you have some fat in > your thighs, I was told that it is not recomended for men. The fish are biting.Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing. Hugs from ME Don't pick lemons.See all the new 2007 cars at Autos. Jackie

well he may have told ya all that it went away, but if he is drinking, it probably did not go away and will NOT stay away when he is consuming alcohol..he probably just doesnt care anymore DeWitt <trees911@...> wrote: Well he didn't have to have any more treatments . . . . . maybe he has it and is just not gonna do anymore about it., I don't think he goes in much for check upsJackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: it went away? How did that happen and are you sure? Some people have a spontaneous clearance but if he is still drinking, I just dont know how it could be gone! The alcohol is like pouring lighter fluid on a fire.. Yes, attitude IS a lot of it and if you can get your life all set up that you KNOW that you will NOT be on this forever,, and that while its hard, YOU CAN DO IT... and you CAN deal with the side effects as long as you have a good doc... My son had a daughter who was born just after I started tx and I had her almost half of the time and it was hard,, real hard,, because I was so tired all the time,,, but we managed,, and I think the MOST important thing is that your family understand that while you may not look sick, you ARE SICK and that you are fighting for your life.... DeWitt <trees911 >

wrote: I am! I think a lot of it is attitude!!! I did however, have a little sit down talk with my daughter explaining that I am probably going to be very tired ( I am already and haven't started treatment) and I would probably not be able to babysit a lot, or help them move. She is positive, her husband's father had hep c and drank the whole time he was having it, and it went away. But he is on VA disability and all he does is sit around and drink, oh well, I am not a big drinker, so not drinking is nothing to me, just don't tell me I can't have my water!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: well you may be one of the lucky ones and just sail right through and be able

to work the entire time,, I have seen people do it! Lets hope for the best hon! DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: guess I will have to do some calculating!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yes, you will as your hemoglobin and RBC's get lower, you will be more tired and actually just SICK of treatment,, lol,, I knew others who took time off initially, to get 'used' to treatment and then at the end, they had no more time left and it was awful.. I worked for the first 12 weeks and it was much easier at first.. at least for me, but everyone is different.. DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks Jackie, I had no idea I would be tired at the end!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: , since you have a desk job, it should make it easier to be able to work while on tx, I was a 911 paramedic working 24 hour shifts,, it was awful and as I got more and more anemic, I found I was unable to get up as quick to run a call as well as my thinking became muddled and that could have been dangerous in my life of work,, so at week 12, I went on medical leave. If it was me, I'd either use the summer as the first part of your treatment OR the last part,, cuz both times are hard,, the end because you are usually very anemic and tired.. and the beginning as you are 'getting used to' the treatment... DeWitt

<trees911 > wrote: Thanks for sharing! I can see where the ins. is so important. I am sooo hoping not to miss a lot of work. I work as a secretary in a school department, so I will be able to have some rest in the summer, I am thinking I could maybe start April vacation, but may see if I can wait till summer vacation.jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon / ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect wore off I felt better than I

had in years. I actually out ran my ten year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope. The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak. Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it

always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to myself. Hugs from ME Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out. Jackie Hugs from

ME Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie Hugs from ME Don't pick lemons.See all the new 2007 cars at Autos. Jackie Hugs from ME The fish are biting.Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing. Jackie Hugs from ME 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no timewith the Search movie showtime shortcut. Jackie

Jackie, I agree with you 100%, because I've been there. I've been

through 3 tx's, all without lessening my fairly heavy intake of

alcholol. To me it was denial, can't happen to me, and severe " who

gives a damn " depression. All through the treatments, these issues

were not adequately discussed with anyone, professional or personal

friend. However, I DID finally quit in May, '06 just before a fairly

routine surgery that went terrible wrong. Still sufferring from all

that mess, but somehow, mortality and the ethics to do the right

thing for my family convinced me. I quit drinking and smoking both on

the same day. I may die of HCV and not pure alcholism, but at least I

can now give the dragon a much more even fight. As a 'Nam vet, I can

see the ease that one can slip into this man's morass. He deserves