Guest guest

new to group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, You'll want to request copies for yourself - either to pick up or be sent

to you.

When I have my labs done at the local hospital, I simply filled out a form and

then I stop by

and pick them up. The simpler tests are actually done in about 30 minutes.

When I get

work done at my hep c doc's office (3 hours from here) - I also filedl out a

form and they

are suppose to send them to me. I seem to have to remind them though or wait

until my

visit to have them printed out - a bit of a pain.

When you get your copy - you can post your results here and one the experts will

help you

understand what means what. Before you know it, you'll be an expert too!

Sounds like you've already gotten some good news. You are doing great! hugs,

karen

Welcome to the group, .

>

> You should not panic as millions of people live with this virus normal and

healthy lives.

> Do you know your genotype? Have you had your biopsy done?

>

>

> New to Group

>

> Hi,

> My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting

ready for

treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious this is. I am

now starting to

panic. Hope I can get some support and answers from you all! I guess its like

having

cancer.

> Hugs from ME

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Everyone is raving about the all-new beta.

>

>

>

> Hugs from ME

>

>

> Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection.

> Try the free Beta.

>

>

>

>

>

> Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate

> in the Answers Food Drink Q & A.

>

>

>

>

> Hugs from ME

>

>

>

> Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate

> in the Answers Food & Drink Q & A.

>

Guest guest

Well, - a few people here might contest to the fact that giving myself the

shot has

been one of my most challenging aspects of starting treatment. But I got good

advice and

support here - even numbers from our group to call to walk me through it. For

the first

one, I had decided to go to my primary doctor but then a local nurse offered to

come over

and do it with me. I literally froze when it came to injecting. So - she

guided me with her

hand over mine. Oh my gosh - couldn't even feel the needle going it because it

is so tiny.

There was no pain! It still took me awhile and I continue to hesitate a bit -

but in week

twelve - I feel like a pro!

Janet and others can give you some really good pointers. Also, depending on

which

company you are getting meds from - there is some good support there. Pegasy's

has a

24 hour support line where a nurse will also stay with you on the phone step by

step.

As everyone told me - you will do fine. hugs, karen

> >

> >

> > Hi,

> >

> > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting

> > ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious

> > this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and

> > answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.

> >

> > Hugs from ME

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hugs from ME

>

>

>

> Everyone is raving about the all-new beta.

>

Guest guest

I thought the shot part would be sooo hard and it's sooo easy I hae to smile with each one. The needles are tiny and there's only a little stimg, if that even, so not to worry.

Sharon

Re: Re: New to Group

Thanks so much , I can't imagine giving myself a shot! This is will interesting!Checkers2001 <simplicity53@...> wrote:

Hi ,Welcome to the group. You've come to a great place for support and information. Like everyone here, I remember those panicky feelings when I first learned I diagnosed. I pretty much fell apart. But with time and education, I realized that I was okay. It's not good stuff - but there's lots of reason not to panic. For the majority of people, hep c is a slow moving disease unlike some of the cancers. I probably contracted the disease in my 20's and am quickly approaching the 55 year old young age. I have had three liver biopsies since 1994 when I was diagnosed. My first showed very minimal damage - my second, four years later, showed slightly more and my third one, three years after that, showed no change.

Guest guest

Thanks for posting that info, . It's such info that gives hope.

Sharon

Re: New to Group

Thanks for the welcome , I hadn't heard about the liver being able to last so long! I am so hoping I don't end up in the 5% ! I was hoping I could put off treatment, but since I have had it since 1978 and have scarring I will be starting treatment. <tapyouout808@...> wrote:

Hi linda. No need to panic. It is what it is ya know? There are no problems in life, just situations. No disrespect to anyone in this group. I recently found out myself, and just went to a consultation on hcv. I left feeling very comfortable with myself, much more so then when i had arrived. At this discussion my doctor told me that 95% of people infected with hcv will never expierence any major issues and that the liver is designed to last about 160 years, with hcv it can go 120 years without drinking and taking the right milk thistle suppplement if you fall in that percentile. No comment if you fall in that 5% bracket that isnt doing well. I decided not to do treatment because of my health being fine, and will just do a once a year blood work to monitor my condition.

Guest guest

Thanks for posting that info, . It's such info that gives hope.

Sharon

Re: New to Group

Thanks for the welcome , I hadn't heard about the liver being able to last so long! I am so hoping I don't end up in the 5% ! I was hoping I could put off treatment, but since I have had it since 1978 and have scarring I will be starting treatment. <tapyouout808@...> wrote:

Hi linda. No need to panic. It is what it is ya know? There are no problems in life, just situations. No disrespect to anyone in this group. I recently found out myself, and just went to a consultation on hcv. I left feeling very comfortable with myself, much more so then when i had arrived. At this discussion my doctor told me that 95% of people infected with hcv will never expierence any major issues and that the liver is designed to last about 160 years, with hcv it can go 120 years without drinking and taking the right milk thistle suppplement if you fall in that percentile. No comment if you fall in that 5% bracket that isnt doing well. I decided not to do treatment because of my health being fine, and will just do a once a year blood work to monitor my condition.

Guest guest

Yes, they will,, always ask for a copy and keep a file at home DeWitt <trees911@...> wrote: Will they give me copies of blood tests? not that I will know what they mean, they did say that all my other blood levels look good and my liver seems to functioning well.Konstantin Freger <kfreger > wrote: I am genetype 1 too. It has the lowest chances of responding to treatment - about 50%. I think this genotype is the most commom in US. I have never had a treatment and never even had a biopsy but have done blood tests that try to tell what biopsy tells. You shoudl ask for your stage and grade but moderate scarring is not cirrosis. It is called fibrosis which results from chronic inflammation. Fibrosis can lead to cirrosis, but only 20% of people with HCV develop cirrosis after 20 years.There are many people with cirrosis who have regressed and had their livers regenerated. I am only 31 and found I had it when I was 28. You should ask for copies of your blood tests too and have the ultra sound done to make sure there is no cancer. New to Group Hi, My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer. Hugs from ME Everyone is raving about the all-new beta. Hugs from ME Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection.Try the free Beta. Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. Hugs from ME Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. Jackie

Guest guest

, do you live in Portland, Oregon? I lived in Hillsboro when I was on treatment and my pcp was GREAT.. so if you dont have a good doc, I'd recommend mine,, lol, DeWitt <trees911@...> wrote: So people get divorced to get help, what is wrong with our system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very nervous because I live alone. I have two jobs, and will probably have to give the part time one up, I don't know how I am going to live on just my school secretary job . . . I do not get paid for any

vacations and summer vacation so thats why I need to have a second job.jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: Thank You sharon,Your an inspiration. I'm hoping to stabilize my life before I attempttreatment again. I have the genotype 3a and believe strongly that I will clear this virus next time. Dont want to repeat some of the same mistakes I made the first time around. Looks like I will have to divorce my wife to qualify. My first medicaid/disability application was denied before the process even started. Not giving up though. I have to much that I want to do with my life. I wish you all the best success. HANG IN THERE!Chris> >> > > > Hi,> > > > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am > getting> > ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how > serious> > this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> > answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > > > Hugs from ME> > > > > >> Hugs from ME Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains. Jackie

Guest guest

, do you live in Portland, Oregon? I lived in Hillsboro when I was on treatment and my pcp was GREAT.. so if you dont have a good doc, I'd recommend mine,, lol, DeWitt <trees911@...> wrote: So people get divorced to get help, what is wrong with our system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very nervous because I live alone. I have two jobs, and will probably have to give the part time one up, I don't know how I am going to live on just my school secretary job . . . I do not get paid for any

vacations and summer vacation so thats why I need to have a second job.jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: Thank You sharon,Your an inspiration. I'm hoping to stabilize my life before I attempttreatment again. I have the genotype 3a and believe strongly that I will clear this virus next time. Dont want to repeat some of the same mistakes I made the first time around. Looks like I will have to divorce my wife to qualify. My first medicaid/disability application was denied before the process even started. Not giving up though. I have to much that I want to do with my life. I wish you all the best success. HANG IN THERE!Chris> >> > > > Hi,> > > > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am > getting> > ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how > serious> > this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> > answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > > > Hugs from ME> > > > > >> Hugs from ME Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains. Jackie

Guest guest

I dont know if she was successful because by the time I finished, I FORGOT to ask! lolSHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote: WOW!! Good for her! Sharon PS, Was she successful? Re: Re: New to Group Sharon, My pcp told me that he had a 91 year old who treated! SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxomsn> wrote: I hope you will choose to treat again, Chris. I'm sorry for your trouble. I

had a very hard time muddling my through the bureaucracy when I was first seeking treatment. I was in tears more than once at my inability to travel through the system. The political thing about it was the worst. That was in 2000 and I finally divorced my hubby to be poor enough to be able to qualify for the drug company help. THEN, I relapsed. lol I now have coverage and at the ripe old age of 64, (after being told I was too old to treat again), I am treating. I'm in week 6 and hangin' in there. The sides are manageable and I'll make it through with a far greater hope of SVR than in the previous treatment. Keeping stress free is hard, but I just keep telling myself that this is one year of an otherwise looonngg life ahead of me. My family had great longevity. lol , the first impact of learning about this disease is

the worst. It IS a serious desiase, but can be successfully treated and you've found just the place to find the support and knowledge to do just that. Welcome to a very good group. The people here have a collective knowledge that rivals many doctors in the field. Good luck and lots of hugs to you. Jackie

Guest guest

I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon /

ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in

insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I

discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect

wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten

year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of

breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was

something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and

muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have

treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a

year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds

can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope.

The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and

on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those

I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and

avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my

injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak.

Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it

always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I

hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give

injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to

myself.

Guest guest

I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon /

ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in

insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I

discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect

wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten

year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of

breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was

something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and

muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have

treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a

year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds

can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope.

The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and

on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those

I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and

avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my

injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak.

Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it

always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I

hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give

injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to

myself.

Guest guest

No, I live in Augusta Maine, good drs. are in Portland Maine, wish I was there so I could use yours!Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: , do you live in Portland, Oregon? I lived in Hillsboro when I was on treatment and my pcp was GREAT.. so if you dont have a good doc, I'd recommend mine,, lol, DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: So people get divorced to

get help, what is wrong with our system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very nervous because I live alone. I have two jobs, and will probably have to give the part time one up, I don't know how I am going to live on just my school secretary job . . . I do not get paid for any vacations and summer vacation so thats why I need to have a second job.jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: Thank You sharon,Your an inspiration. I'm hoping to stabilize my life before I attempttreatment again. I have the genotype 3a and believe strongly that I will clear this virus next time. Dont want to repeat some of the same mistakes I made the first time around. Looks like I will have to divorce my wife to qualify. My first medicaid/disability application was denied before the process even started. Not giving

up though. I have to much that I want to do with my life. I wish you all the best success. HANG IN THERE!Chris> >> > > > Hi,> > > > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am > getting> > ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how > serious> > this is. I

am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> > answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > > > Hugs from ME> > > > > >> Hugs from ME Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains. Jackie Hugs

from ME

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q&A.

Guest guest

Thanks for sharing! I can see where the ins. is so important. I am sooo hoping not to miss a lot of work. I work as a secretary in a school department, so I will be able to have some rest in the summer, I am thinking I could maybe start April vacation, but may see if I can wait till summer vacation.jcellis63 <chrisellis63@...> wrote: I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon / ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in insurance coverage. Didnt

clear but came darn close. When I discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope. The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my

injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak. Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to myself. Hugs from ME

Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.

Guest guest

, You can come to Boston

Re: Re: New to Group

No, I live in Augusta Maine, good drs. are in Portland Maine, wish I was there so I could use yours!Jackie on <redjaxjm (DOT) com> wrote:

, do you live in Portland, Oregon? I lived in Hillsboro when I was on treatment and my pcp was GREAT.. so if you dont have a good doc, I'd recommend mine,, lol, DeWitt <trees911 (DOT) com> wrote:

So people get divorced to get help, what is wrong with our system!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! I am very nervous because I live alone. I have two jobs, and will probably have to give the part time one up, I don't know how I am going to live on just my school secretary job . . . I do not get paid for any vacations and summer vacation so thats why I need to have a second job.jcellis63 <chrisellis63@ myacc.net> wrote:

Thank You sharon,Your an inspiration. I'm hoping to stabilize my life before I attempttreatment again. I have the genotype 3a and believe strongly that I will clear this virus next time. Dont want to repeat some of the same mistakes I made the first time around. Looks like I will have to divorce my wife to qualify. My first medicaid/disability application was denied before the process even started. Not giving up though. I have to much that I want to do with my life. I wish you all the best success. HANG IN THERE!Chris> >> > > > Hi,> > > > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am > getting> > ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how > serious> > this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> > answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > > > Hugs from ME> > > > > >>

Hugs from ME

Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains. Jackie

Hugs from ME

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A.

Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta.

Guest guest

You might consider it being worthwhile to travel to a hepatologist in another

area if you

have a good recommendation there. My hepatologist and team are in Pittsburgh -

which

is a three hour drive from where I live. But it is doable and worth it to me to

have the care

I wanted when I started treatment. They stay in very close contact with me by

phone.

When I lived in California - I had a four hour drive to the doc I was seeing and

he worked

closely with my general practioner in the town where I lived.

Just something to thing about. By the way, I once lived in Yarmouth, ME just

outside of

Portland! hugs, karen

Thank You sharon,

> Your an inspiration. I'm hoping to stabilize my life before I attempt

> treatment again. I have the genotype 3a and believe strongly that I

> will clear this virus next time. Dont want to repeat some of the same

> mistakes I made the first time around. Looks like I will have to

> divorce my wife to qualify. My first medicaid/disability application

> was denied before the process even started. Not giving up though. I

> have to much that I want to do with my life. I wish you all the best

> success. HANG IN THERE!

> Chris

>

Guest guest

It's about an hour drive, my other option was Boston, which I just couldn't do! Yarmouth is very nice!Checkers2001 <simplicity53@...> wrote: You might consider it being worthwhile to travel to a hepatologist in another area if you have a good recommendation there. My hepatologist and team are in Pittsburgh - which is a three hour drive from where I live. But it is doable and worth it to me to have the care I wanted when I started treatment. They stay in very close

contact with me by phone. When I lived in California - I had a four hour drive to the doc I was seeing and he worked closely with my general practioner in the town where I lived. Just something to thing about. By the way, I once lived in Yarmouth, ME just outside of Portland! hugs, karen Thank You sharon,> Your an inspiration. I'm hoping to stabilize my life before I attempt> treatment again. I have the genotype 3a and believe strongly that I > will clear this virus next time. Dont want to repeat some of the same > mistakes I made the first time around. Looks like I will have to > divorce my wife to qualify. My first medicaid/disability application > was denied before the process even started. Not giving up though. I > have to much that I want to do with my life. I wish you all the best > success. HANG IN THERE!>

Chris> Hugs

from ME

Looking for earth-friendly autos? Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Autos' Green Center.

Guest guest

me driving in Boston would be so stressful and dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolKonstantin Freger <kfreger@...> wrote: , You can come to Boston Re: Re: New to Group No, I live in Augusta Maine, good drs. are in Portland Maine, wish I was there so I could use yours!Jackie on <redjaxjm (DOT) com> wrote: , do you live in Portland, Oregon? I lived in Hillsboro when I was on treatment and my pcp was GREAT.. so if you dont have a good doc, I'd recommend mine,, lol, DeWitt <trees911 (DOT) com> wrote: So people get divorced to get help, what is wrong with our system!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! I am very nervous because I live alone. I have two jobs, and will

probably have to give the part time one up, I don't know how I am going to live on just my school secretary job . . . I do not get paid for any vacations and summer vacation so thats why I need to have a second job.jcellis63 <chrisellis63@ myacc.net> wrote: Thank You sharon,Your an inspiration. I'm hoping to stabilize my life before I attempttreatment again. I have the genotype 3a and believe strongly that I will clear this virus next time. Dont want to repeat some of the same mistakes I made the first time around. Looks like I will have to divorce my wife to qualify. My first medicaid/disability application was denied before the process even started. Not giving up though. I have to much that I want to do with my life. I wish you all the best success. HANG IN THERE!Chris> >> > > > Hi,> > > > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am > getting> > ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how > serious> > this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> > answers from you all! I guess its like having

cancer.> > > > Hugs from ME> > > > > >> Hugs from ME Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains. Jackie Hugs from ME Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Hugs

from ME

Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection. Try the free Beta.

Guest guest

I think it was that mentioned the stress of driving in Boston! It is a

different kind of

place to drive as I recall. Use to kind of enjoy the challenge once I got use

to it and figured

out where things were. So do you think it has gotten better? I always thought

that was part

of the motto and claim to fame in Boston - turn first, look later :-). Maybe I

rode in your cab

....hugs, karen

>

> Whoa there, : I used to drive cab in Boston during college. Since

> I left, I'm sure it's much safer!!

>

> In Hepatitis C , DeWitt <trees911@

>

Guest guest

, since you have a desk job, it should make it easier to be able to work while on tx, I was a 911 paramedic working 24 hour shifts,, it was awful and as I got more and more anemic, I found I was unable to get up as quick to run a call as well as my thinking became muddled and that could have been dangerous in my life of work,, so at week 12, I went on medical leave. If it was me, I'd either use the summer as the first part of your treatment OR the last part,, cuz both times are hard,, the end because you are usually very anemic and tired.. and the beginning as you are 'getting used to' the treatment... DeWitt <trees911@...> wrote: Thanks for sharing! I can see where the ins. is so important. I am sooo hoping not to miss a lot of work. I work as a secretary in a school department, so I will be able to have some rest in the summer, I am thinking I could maybe start April vacation, but may see if I can wait till summer vacation.jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon / ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my

ten year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope. The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak. Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it always resolved itself in time for the

next injection. Only twice did I hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to myself. Hugs from ME Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out. Jackie

Guest guest

oh darn,, well I hope you can find a good doc,, dont give up, if you dont like one, get rid of him/her and keep looking,, its soooo important while you are on tx that you have a doc who WILL treat the sides,, some gastro's wont treat them and will stop tx if you have serious sides,, and THAT DEFEATS the purpose of tx.. What you can do is email Dr. Ben Cecil, he has offices in Kentucky and in another big city I think Detroit.. but you can fly to see him 4 times a year and he will work with your local doc... HE IS THE BEST! DeWitt <trees911@...> wrote: No, I live in Augusta Maine, good drs. are in Portland Maine, wish I was there so I could use yours!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: , do you live in Portland, Oregon? I lived in Hillsboro when I was on treatment and my pcp was GREAT.. so if you dont have a good doc, I'd recommend mine,, lol, DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: So people get divorced to get help, what is wrong with our system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very nervous because I live alone. I have two jobs, and will probably have to give the part time one up, I don't know how I am going to live on just my school

secretary job . . . I do not get paid for any vacations and summer vacation so thats why I need to have a second job.jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: Thank You sharon,Your an inspiration. I'm hoping to stabilize my life before I attempttreatment again. I have the genotype 3a and believe strongly that I will clear this virus next time. Dont want to repeat some of the same mistakes I made the first time around. Looks like I will have to divorce my wife to qualify. My first medicaid/disability application was denied before the process even started. Not giving up though. I have to much that I want to do with my life. I wish you all the best success. HANG IN THERE!Chris> >> > > > Hi,> > > > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am > getting> > ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how > serious> > this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> > answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> >

> > Hugs from ME> > > > > >> Hugs from ME Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains. Jackie Hugs from ME Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. Jackie

Guest guest

yep it IS different giving shots to yourself instead of to others! I was a paramedic for 15 years and gave shots, started IV's all the time, but it WAS different giving myself a shot.. After the first one it was easy ,, but that first one, was a doozie.. I used my belly cuz I could pinch it easier and I thought it hurt even less there than my thigh.. jcellis63 <chrisellis63@...> wrote: I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon / ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps

in insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope. The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and avoiding a laps in insurance coverage

is imperative. I gave my injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak. Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to myself. Jackie

Guest guest

Thanks Jackie, I had no idea I would be tired at the end!Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: , since you have a desk job, it should make it easier to be able to work while on tx, I was a 911 paramedic working 24 hour shifts,, it was awful and as I got more and more anemic, I found I was unable to get up as quick to run a call as well as my thinking became muddled and that could have been dangerous in my life of work,, so at week 12, I went on medical leave. If it was me, I'd either use the summer as the first part

of your treatment OR the last part,, cuz both times are hard,, the end because you are usually very anemic and tired.. and the beginning as you are 'getting used to' the treatment... DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: Thanks for sharing! I can see where the ins. is so important. I am sooo hoping not to miss a lot of work. I work as a secretary in a school department, so I will be able to have some rest in the summer, I am thinking I could maybe start April vacation, but may see if I can wait till summer vacation.jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon / ribaviron combo back in 2003

and had to stop because of a laps in insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope. The side effects can be managed. I have a family member with cancer and on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and

avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak. Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to myself. Hugs from ME Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out. Jackie Hugs

from ME

Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q&A for great tips from Answers users.

Guest guest

Thanks for info, 4 times a year in Kentucky, I could handle that!Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: oh darn,, well I hope you can find a good doc,, dont give up, if you dont like one, get rid of him/her and keep looking,, its soooo important while you are on tx that you have a doc who WILL treat the sides,, some gastro's wont treat them and will stop tx if you have serious sides,, and THAT DEFEATS the purpose of tx.. What you can do is email Dr. Ben Cecil, he has offices in Kentucky and in another big city I

think Detroit.. but you can fly to see him 4 times a year and he will work with your local doc... HE IS THE BEST! DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: No, I live in Augusta Maine, good drs. are in Portland Maine, wish I was there so I could use yours!Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: , do you live in Portland, Oregon? I lived in Hillsboro when I was on treatment and my pcp was GREAT.. so if you dont have a good doc, I'd recommend mine,, lol, DeWitt <trees911 > wrote: So people get divorced to

get help, what is wrong with our system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very nervous because I live alone. I have two jobs, and will probably have to give the part time one up, I don't know how I am going to live on just my school secretary job . . . I do not get paid for any vacations and summer vacation so thats why I need to have a second job.jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: Thank You sharon,Your an inspiration. I'm hoping to stabilize my life before I attempttreatment again. I have the genotype 3a and believe strongly that I will clear this virus next time. Dont want to repeat some of the same mistakes I made the first time around. Looks like I will have to divorce my wife to qualify. My first medicaid/disability application was denied before the process even started. Not giving

up though. I have to much that I want to do with my life. I wish you all the best success. HANG IN THERE!Chris> >> > > > Hi,> > > > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am > getting> > ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how > serious> > this is. I

am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> > answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > > > Hugs from ME> > > > > >> Hugs from ME Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains. Jackie Hugs from ME Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. Jackie Hugs

from ME

Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Guest guest

do you think it hurt less?Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: yep it IS different giving shots to yourself instead of to others! I was a paramedic for 15 years and gave shots, started IV's all the time, but it WAS different giving myself a shot.. After the first one it was easy ,, but that first one, was a doozie.. I used my belly cuz I could pinch it easier and I thought it hurt even less there than my thigh.. jcellis63 <chrisellis63myacc (DOT) net> wrote: I went through about 24 weeks of treatment with the Interferon / ribaviron combo back in 2003 and had to stop because of a laps in insurance coverage. Didnt clear but came darn close. When I discontinued treatment my viral load was 45. Once the hang over effect wore off I felt better than I had in years. I actually out ran my ten year old grand daughter across the parking lot. Of course I was out of breath and had to rest and she was ready to go again but it was something that I couldnt do before treatment because of joint and muscle pain. Even though I didnt clear I was still greatful to have treated. When I get my life stabilized and I'm sure I can dedicate a year or so to healing and treating I'm going to try it again. The meds can be harsh and nothing to take lightly but presently our best hope. The side effects can be managed. I

have a family member with cancer and on chemo. She is discribing similar side effects with her meds to those I had. Hers are worse. The cost seems to be the biggest issue and avoiding a laps in insurance coverage is imperative. I gave my injections to the lateral thigh area and alternating legs each weak. Had some local redness and swelling but kept the site clean and it always resolved itself in time for the next injection. Only twice did I hesitate. Dont know why. It was painless. I'm a Nurse and give injections well but learned a new respect having to give them to myself. Jackie Hugs from ME

Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your question on

Answers.