RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

new to group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sharon, My pcp told me that he had a 91 year old who treated! SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote: I hope you will choose to treat again, Chris. I'm sorry for your trouble. I had a very hard time muddling my through the bureaucracy when I was first seeking treatment. I was in tears more than once at my inability to travel through the system. The political thing about it was the worst. That

was in 2000 and I finally divorced my hubby to be poor enough to be able to qualify for the drug company help. THEN, I relapsed. lol I now have coverage and at the ripe old age of 64, (after being told I was too old to treat again), I am treating. I'm in week 6 and hangin' in there. The sides are manageable and I'll make it through with a far greater hope of SVR than in the previous treatment. Keeping stress free is hard, but I just keep telling myself that this is one year of an otherwise looonngg life ahead of me. My family had great longevity. lol , the first impact of learning about this disease is the worst. It IS a serious desiase, but can be successfully treated and you've found just the place to find the support and knowledge to do just that. Welcome to a very good group. The people here have a collective

knowledge that rivals many doctors in the field. Good luck and lots of hugs to you. Sharon I was force to stop treatment at about 5 or 6 months because of an insurance problem. I was almost cleared with a viral load of 45. Now it has come back in full force and more angry than before. There are several programs to help with payment but I wasnt aware of them and had no one advocating for me. Try to have a calm and supportive environment for the duration of the treatment and surround yourself with people that love you. Meds can affect your ability to handle stress and stress "can" dramatically affect the outcome. Because my treatment was interupted by inability to pay, I would advise you to make sure that you keep your insurance in good standing and familiarize yourself with the alternative programs

that offer assistance. There are reasons why the meds could be discontinued but non-payment should not be one of them. There can be some harsh side effects but most were temperary for me and could be managed. There is a lot of info to digest but its worth the read. Educate yourself and prepare yourself spiritually to be strong. At the end of the day we are our own best advocate. Love yourself well and dont lose faith or hope that you will get through it and "this to will pass". We will pray for you to recieve your golden prize of Sustained Virologic Response (SVR) and that you move forward with a beautiful life. I dont often post but I monitor the posts almost daily and have learned more here than anywhere else (Thank you Admin). >> > Hi,> > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting> ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious> this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > Hugs from ME> > > Jackie

Guest guest

WOW!! Good for her!

Sharon PS, Was she successful?

Re: Re: New to Group

Sharon, My pcp told me that he had a 91 year old who treated! SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote:

I hope you will choose to treat again, Chris. I'm sorry for your trouble. I had a very hard time muddling my through the bureaucracy when I was first seeking treatment. I was in tears more than once at my inability to travel through the system. The political thing about it was the worst. That was in 2000 and I finally divorced my hubby to be poor enough to be able to qualify for the drug company help. THEN, I relapsed. lol

I now have coverage and at the ripe old age of 64, (after being told I was too old to treat again), I am treating. I'm in week 6 and hangin' in there. The sides are manageable and I'll make it through with a far greater hope of SVR than in the previous treatment.

Keeping stress free is hard, but I just keep telling myself that this is one year of an otherwise looonngg life ahead of me. My family had great longevity. lol

, the first impact of learning about this disease is the worst. It IS a serious desiase, but can be successfully treated and you've found just the place to find the support and knowledge to do just that. Welcome to a very good group. The people here have a collective knowledge that rivals many doctors in the field. Good luck and lots of hugs to you.

Guest guest

WOW!! Good for her!

Sharon PS, Was she successful?

Re: Re: New to Group

Sharon, My pcp told me that he had a 91 year old who treated! SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote:

I hope you will choose to treat again, Chris. I'm sorry for your trouble. I had a very hard time muddling my through the bureaucracy when I was first seeking treatment. I was in tears more than once at my inability to travel through the system. The political thing about it was the worst. That was in 2000 and I finally divorced my hubby to be poor enough to be able to qualify for the drug company help. THEN, I relapsed. lol

I now have coverage and at the ripe old age of 64, (after being told I was too old to treat again), I am treating. I'm in week 6 and hangin' in there. The sides are manageable and I'll make it through with a far greater hope of SVR than in the previous treatment.

Keeping stress free is hard, but I just keep telling myself that this is one year of an otherwise looonngg life ahead of me. My family had great longevity. lol

, the first impact of learning about this disease is the worst. It IS a serious desiase, but can be successfully treated and you've found just the place to find the support and knowledge to do just that. Welcome to a very good group. The people here have a collective knowledge that rivals many doctors in the field. Good luck and lots of hugs to you.

Guest guest

Thanks for the welcome, I am so glad I found this group too! I think I will get a lot of support and info, and hopefully be able to help someone else.elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: Welcome to the group , I am sorry about your diagnosis but glad you found us . This place is wonderful for support and information . . New to Group Hi, My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and answers from you all! I guess its like having

cancer. Hugs from ME Hugs from ME

Everyone is raving about the all-new beta.

Guest guest

Thanks for the support, sounds like you could use some too!JoAnn <mango4180@...> wrote: --Dear :Don't dispair, you are not alone,we are all here for you and don't be afraid.I know how you feel, I am a nurse and in 1995 when I finished nursing school I had to take a complete physical which include complete lab work as one of the pre-requisites before I could take the State Boards. I went to my personal physician and to my big surprise he said he had something to tell me and proceeded to

tell me that I was hepatitis C positive, I couldn't undertstant how or why? To this day I can only especulate about it.To make the story short I was debastated, my youngest son was five, my daughter six and my oldest son twelve, I thought I was going to die. My whole world colapsed. The doctor said not to worry, just to have blood tests done every six months to monitor my liver function. In 1998 I saw a gastroenterologist and I told him I had read about Interferon treatment for my hep c, he said my condition was fine, my liver function was normal and therefore; I didn't need to go thru such a treatment at the time.So the years went by and I went about my daily life, but last year at work I had two patients whom where in treatment with Interferon, then I scheduled a visit with a new gastroenterologist, I received more information and had lab tests to see which geno type I was and see my posibilities of recovery

from my disease, I got good news my geno type has a chance or 99% recovery. I was in the process in my career to become an MTA, which is a psychiatric nurse combination with correction officer, to get the job I had to pass an agility test, and not be on a hep c treatment, so I put my treatment off.For the past two weeks I have been feeling very tired and I think I can't wait any more, so I have scheduled my appointment with the gastro MD for March 20th, on that day we will schedule my liver biopsy. I know it's going to be rough, and I have to keep working, I work long hours, 12hr shifts, the good thing is that my daughter is now 17 and lives with her Dad in S CAL and my oldest lives on his own also in S Cal, the only one that lives with me is my youngest whom is now 16yrs old, I told my supervisor that I am sick and need treatment and he offered to get me the forms of FMLA at work, this way my MD can fill then out and

when I call in sick I won't be reprimended for excess use of sick time.People don't die from this disease any more, you must be strong and take it one day at a time, think about your treatment and plan every step, continue to inform your self of how to protect and care for your liver and what to eat and what things to stay away from, and specially be aware of using universal precautions to prevent infecting others. You must be strong and even when you get depressed due to the treatment, be positibe just think of it as climbing a mountain, think that each day you are closer to the top, and visit this web site, reading and sharing stories will provide you support.Don't give up, climb the mountain! You are not alone we are all going to make it together to the top one day at a time.Smile,JoAnn- In Hepatitis C ,

"elizabethnv1" <elizabethnv1@...> wrote:>> Welcome to the group , I am sorry about your diagnosis but glad you found us . This place is wonderful for support and information . . > New to Group> > > > Hi,> > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > Hugs from ME> > >Hugs from ME

We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love(and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list.

Guest guest

Thanks for the welcome , I hadn't heard about the liver being able to last so long! I am so hoping I don't end up in the 5% ! I was hoping I could put off treatment, but since I have had it since 1978 and have scarring I will be starting treatment. <tapyouout808@...> wrote: Hi linda. No need to panic. It is what it is ya know? There are no problems in life, just situations. No disrespect to anyone in this group. I recently found out myself, and just went to a consultation on

hcv. I left feeling very comfortable with myself, much more so then when i had arrived. At this discussion my doctor told me that 95% of people infected with hcv will never expierence any major issues and that the liver is designed to last about 160 years, with hcv it can go 120 years without drinking and taking the right milk thistle suppplement if you fall in that percentile. No comment if you fall in that 5% bracket that isnt doing well. I decided not to do treatment because of my health being fine, and will just do a once a year blood work to monitor my condition. D <trees911 > wrote: Hi, My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am

getting ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer. Hugs from ME Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games. Hugs from ME

Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your fit.

Guest guest

Thanks for the welcome Janet, since I only have a daughter and her husband and baby for family, I will really appreciate the support from here!Janet <doc_jade@...> wrote: Hi , Welcome to our group. First of all don't panic you have over 700 brothers and sisters here to help you through. *smile* Treatment will be one of the things we will help you through. There are many members here that are currently on treatment. Been on treatment

recently. Or have been through it. Answers hon, we got them. I would have to say no brag, just fact Ma'am but I think we have one of the most informational groups web wide. Liz is our researcher and she makes sure that we get a variety of information on the board. Hugs from me, I am Janet one of the owners of the group. Love Janet D <trees911 > wrote: Hi, My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't

realize how serious this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer. Hugs from ME Take the ordinary things of life, and make them your own. Do the impossible with a smile Hugs from ME

Guest guest

Hi ,

Welcome to the group. You've come to a great place for support and information.

everyone here, I remember those panicky feelings when I first learned I

diagnosed. I pretty

much fell apart. But with time and education, I realized that I was okay. It's

not good stuff

- but there's lots of reason not to panic. For the majority of people, hep c is

a slow

moving disease unlike some of the cancers. I probably contracted the disease in

my 20's

and am quickly approaching the 55 year old young age. I have had three liver

biopsies

since 1994 when I was diagnosed. My first showed very minimal damage - my

second,

four years later, showed slightly more and my third one, three years after that,

showed no

change.

I am treating this year for the first time - starting week 12 tonight and can

hardly believe

the time is going by so quickly. The sides haven't been all that bad and

definitely

manageable. I know you will feel as lucky as I do to have found you way into

this group!

Ask any questions, vent when you feel like it - we will all be here for you.

with love & light, karen

>

>

> Hi,

>

> My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting

> ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious

> this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and

> answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.

>

> Hugs from ME

>

>

>

Guest guest

Gosh, I am so sorry you were foced to stop treatment. I hope you will

have the

opportunity to try again before too long. Thank you for telling your story and

the

information. Do you know if those programs that will help with payment will

kick in if

your insurance taps out in the middle? I guess I'm asking because I'm on a

cobra and it's

going to be pretty close if I don't pick up a job with insurance before the end

of this. I'm

also thinking ahead to those viral load tests that will come after and checking

into what

will be available to help me with that.

Your message of gathering up those resouces and advocates is a good one. Thanks

again,

Chris.

> >

> >

> > Hi,

> >

> > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am

> getting

> > ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how

> serious

> > this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and

> > answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.

> >

> > Hugs from ME

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Gosh, I am so sorry you were foced to stop treatment. I hope you will

have the

opportunity to try again before too long. Thank you for telling your story and

the

information. Do you know if those programs that will help with payment will

kick in if

your insurance taps out in the middle? I guess I'm asking because I'm on a

cobra and it's

going to be pretty close if I don't pick up a job with insurance before the end

of this. I'm

also thinking ahead to those viral load tests that will come after and checking

into what

will be available to help me with that.

Your message of gathering up those resouces and advocates is a good one. Thanks

again,

Chris.

> >

> >

> > Hi,

> >

> > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am

> getting

> > ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how

> serious

> > this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and

> >

> > Hugs from ME

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank You sharon,

Your an inspiration. I'm hoping to stabilize my life before I attempt

treatment again. I have the genotype 3a and believe strongly that I

will clear this virus next time. Dont want to repeat some of the same

mistakes I made the first time around. Looks like I will have to

divorce my wife to qualify. My first medicaid/disability application

was denied before the process even started. Not giving up though. I

have to much that I want to do with my life. I wish you all the best

success. HANG IN THERE!

Chris

> >

> >

> > Hi,

> >

> > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I

am

> getting

> > ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize

how

> serious

> > this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some

support and

> >

> > Hugs from ME

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank You sharon,

Your an inspiration. I'm hoping to stabilize my life before I attempt

treatment again. I have the genotype 3a and believe strongly that I

will clear this virus next time. Dont want to repeat some of the same

mistakes I made the first time around. Looks like I will have to

divorce my wife to qualify. My first medicaid/disability application

was denied before the process even started. Not giving up though. I

have to much that I want to do with my life. I wish you all the best

success. HANG IN THERE!

Chris

> >

> >

> > Hi,

> >

> > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I

am

> getting

> > ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize

how

> serious

> > this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some

support and

> >

> > Hugs from ME

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi nice to meet you, have you gone thru treatment?jcellis63 <chrisellis63@...> wrote: Hi , My name is I'm 44 yrs young, and was diagnosed Hep C+ in 2003. >> > Hi,> > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting> ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't

realize how serious> this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > Hugs from ME> > >Hugs from ME

No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with for Mobile. Get started.

Guest guest

thanks for sharing . . can you now do the treatment again and then use the programs to help with payment?jcellis63 <chrisellis63@...> wrote: I was force to stop treatment at about 5 or 6 months because of an insurance problem. I was almost cleared with a viral load of 45. Now it has come back in full force and more angry than before. There are several programs to help with payment but I wasnt aware of them and had no one advocating for me. Try to have a calm and supportive environment for

the duration of the treatment and surround yourself with people that love you. Meds can affect your ability to handle stress and stress "can" dramatically affect the outcome. Because my treatment was interupted by inability to pay, I would advise you to make sure that you keep your insurance in good standing and familiarize yourself with the alternative programs that offer assistance. There are reasons why the meds could be discontinued but non-payment should not be one of them. There can be some harsh side effects but most were temperary for me and could be managed. There is a lot of info to digest but its worth the read. Educate yourself and prepare yourself spiritually to be strong. At the end of the day we are our own best advocate. Love yourself well and dont lose faith or hope that you will get through it and "this to will pass". We will pray for you to recieve your golden prize of Sustained Virologic Response (SVR)

and that you move forward with a beautiful life. I dont often post but I monitor the posts almost daily and have learned more here than anywhere else (Thank you Admin). >> > Hi,> > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting> ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious> this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > Hugs from ME> > >Hugs from ME

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time with the Search movie showtime shortcut.

Guest guest

Thanks Sharon, I am feeling like I have a "family" already!SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote: I hope you will choose to treat again, Chris. I'm sorry for your trouble. I had a very hard time muddling my through the bureaucracy when I was first seeking treatment. I was in tears more than once at my inability to travel through the system. The political thing about it was the worst. That

was in 2000 and I finally divorced my hubby to be poor enough to be able to qualify for the drug company help. THEN, I relapsed. lol I now have coverage and at the ripe old age of 64, (after being told I was too old to treat again), I am treating. I'm in week 6 and hangin' in there. The sides are manageable and I'll make it through with a far greater hope of SVR than in the previous treatment. Keeping stress free is hard, but I just keep telling myself that this is one year of an otherwise looonngg life ahead of me. My family had great longevity. lol , the first impact of learning about this disease is the worst. It IS a serious desiase, but can be successfully treated and you've found just the place to find the support and knowledge to do just that. Welcome to a very good group. The people here have a collective

knowledge that rivals many doctors in the field. Good luck and lots of hugs to you. Sharon I was force to stop treatment at about 5 or 6 months because of an insurance problem. I was almost cleared with a viral load of 45. Now it has come back in full force and more angry than before. There are several programs to help with payment but I wasnt aware of them and had no one advocating for me. Try to have a calm and supportive environment for the duration of the treatment and surround yourself with people that love you. Meds can affect your ability to handle stress and stress "can" dramatically affect the outcome. Because my treatment was interupted by inability to pay, I would advise you to make sure that you keep your insurance in good standing and familiarize yourself with the alternative programs

that offer assistance. There are reasons why the meds could be discontinued but non-payment should not be one of them. There can be some harsh side effects but most were temperary for me and could be managed. There is a lot of info to digest but its worth the read. Educate yourself and prepare yourself spiritually to be strong. At the end of the day we are our own best advocate. Love yourself well and dont lose faith or hope that you will get through it and "this to will pass". We will pray for you to recieve your golden prize of Sustained Virologic Response (SVR) and that you move forward with a beautiful life. I dont often post but I monitor the posts almost daily and have learned more here than anywhere else (Thank you Admin). >> > Hi,> > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting> ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious> this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > Hugs from ME> > > Hugs from ME

Get your own web address. Have a HUGE year through Small Business.

Guest guest

Wow, guess there is hope!Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Sharon, My pcp told me that he had a 91 year old who treated! SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxomsn> wrote: I hope you will choose to treat again, Chris. I'm sorry for your trouble. I had a very hard

time muddling my through the bureaucracy when I was first seeking treatment. I was in tears more than once at my inability to travel through the system. The political thing about it was the worst. That was in 2000 and I finally divorced my hubby to be poor enough to be able to qualify for the drug company help. THEN, I relapsed. lol I now have coverage and at the ripe old age of 64, (after being told I was too old to treat again), I am treating. I'm in week 6 and hangin' in there. The sides are manageable and I'll make it through with a far greater hope of SVR than in the previous treatment. Keeping stress free is hard, but I just keep telling myself that this is one year of an otherwise looonngg life ahead of me. My family had great longevity. lol , the first impact of learning about this disease is the worst.

It IS a serious desiase, but can be successfully treated and you've found just the place to find the support and knowledge to do just that. Welcome to a very good group. The people here have a collective knowledge that rivals many doctors in the field. Good luck and lots of hugs to you. Sharon I was force to stop treatment at about 5 or 6 months because of an insurance problem. I was almost cleared with a viral load of 45. Now it has come back in full force and more angry than before. There are several programs to help with payment but I wasnt aware of them and had no one advocating for me. Try to have a calm and supportive environment for the duration of the treatment and surround yourself with people that love you. Meds can affect your ability to handle stress and stress "can" dramatically

affect the outcome. Because my treatment was interupted by inability to pay, I would advise you to make sure that you keep your insurance in good standing and familiarize yourself with the alternative programs that offer assistance. There are reasons why the meds could be discontinued but non-payment should not be one of them. There can be some harsh side effects but most were temperary for me and could be managed. There is a lot of info to digest but its worth the read. Educate yourself and prepare yourself spiritually to be strong. At the end of the day we are our own best advocate. Love yourself well and dont lose faith or hope that you will get through it and "this to will pass". We will pray for you to recieve your golden prize of Sustained Virologic Response (SVR) and that you move forward with a beautiful life. I dont often post but I monitor the posts almost daily and have learned more here than anywhere else

(Thank you Admin). >> > Hi,> > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting> ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious> this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > Hugs from ME> > > Jackie Hugs from ME

Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q&A for great tips from Answers users.

Guest guest

Wow, guess there is hope!Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Sharon, My pcp told me that he had a 91 year old who treated! SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxomsn> wrote: I hope you will choose to treat again, Chris. I'm sorry for your trouble. I had a very hard

time muddling my through the bureaucracy when I was first seeking treatment. I was in tears more than once at my inability to travel through the system. The political thing about it was the worst. That was in 2000 and I finally divorced my hubby to be poor enough to be able to qualify for the drug company help. THEN, I relapsed. lol I now have coverage and at the ripe old age of 64, (after being told I was too old to treat again), I am treating. I'm in week 6 and hangin' in there. The sides are manageable and I'll make it through with a far greater hope of SVR than in the previous treatment. Keeping stress free is hard, but I just keep telling myself that this is one year of an otherwise looonngg life ahead of me. My family had great longevity. lol , the first impact of learning about this disease is the worst.

It IS a serious desiase, but can be successfully treated and you've found just the place to find the support and knowledge to do just that. Welcome to a very good group. The people here have a collective knowledge that rivals many doctors in the field. Good luck and lots of hugs to you. Sharon I was force to stop treatment at about 5 or 6 months because of an insurance problem. I was almost cleared with a viral load of 45. Now it has come back in full force and more angry than before. There are several programs to help with payment but I wasnt aware of them and had no one advocating for me. Try to have a calm and supportive environment for the duration of the treatment and surround yourself with people that love you. Meds can affect your ability to handle stress and stress "can" dramatically

affect the outcome. Because my treatment was interupted by inability to pay, I would advise you to make sure that you keep your insurance in good standing and familiarize yourself with the alternative programs that offer assistance. There are reasons why the meds could be discontinued but non-payment should not be one of them. There can be some harsh side effects but most were temperary for me and could be managed. There is a lot of info to digest but its worth the read. Educate yourself and prepare yourself spiritually to be strong. At the end of the day we are our own best advocate. Love yourself well and dont lose faith or hope that you will get through it and "this to will pass". We will pray for you to recieve your golden prize of Sustained Virologic Response (SVR) and that you move forward with a beautiful life. I dont often post but I monitor the posts almost daily and have learned more here than anywhere else

(Thank you Admin). >> > Hi,> > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting> ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious> this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > Hugs from ME> > > Jackie Hugs from ME

Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q&A for great tips from Answers users.

Guest guest

Thanks so much , I can't imagine giving myself a shot! This is will interesting!Checkers2001 <simplicity53@...> wrote: Hi ,Welcome to the group. You've come to a great place for support and information. Like everyone here, I remember those panicky feelings when I first learned I diagnosed. I pretty much fell apart. But with time and education, I realized that I was okay. It's not good stuff - but there's lots of reason not to panic. For the majority of people, hep c is a slow moving

disease unlike some of the cancers. I probably contracted the disease in my 20's and am quickly approaching the 55 year old young age. I have had three liver biopsies since 1994 when I was diagnosed. My first showed very minimal damage - my second, four years later, showed slightly more and my third one, three years after that, showed no change. I am treating this year for the first time - starting week 12 tonight and can hardly believe the time is going by so quickly. The sides haven't been all that bad and definitely manageable. I know you will feel as lucky as I do to have found you way into this group! Ask any questions, vent when you feel like it - we will all be here for you.with love & light, karen>> > Hi,> > My name is

and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting> ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious> this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > Hugs from ME> > >Hugs from ME

Guest guest

I am genetype 1 too. It has the lowest chances of responding to treatment - about 50%. I think this genotype is the most commom in US. I have never had a treatment and never even had a biopsy but have done blood tests that try to tell what biopsy tells.

You shoudl ask for your stage and grade but moderate scarring is not cirrosis. It is called fibrosis which results from chronic inflammation. Fibrosis can lead to cirrosis, but only 20% of people with HCV develop cirrosis after 20 years.There are many people with cirrosis who have regressed and had their livers regenerated.

I am only 31 and found I had it when I was 28.

You should ask for copies of your blood tests too and have the ultra sound done to make sure there is no cancer.

New to Group

Hi,

My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.

Hugs from ME

Hugs from ME

Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection.Try the free Beta.

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q&A.

Guest guest

So people get divorced to get help, what is wrong with our system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very nervous because I live alone. I have two jobs, and will probably have to give the part time one up, I don't know how I am going to live on just my school secretary job . . . I do not get paid for any vacations and summer vacation so thats why I need to have a second job.jcellis63 <chrisellis63@...> wrote: Thank You sharon,Your an inspiration. I'm hoping to stabilize my life before I attempttreatment again.

I have the genotype 3a and believe strongly that I will clear this virus next time. Dont want to repeat some of the same mistakes I made the first time around. Looks like I will have to divorce my wife to qualify. My first medicaid/disability application was denied before the process even started. Not giving up though. I have to much that I want to do with my life. I wish you all the best success. HANG IN THERE!Chris> >> > > > Hi,> > > > My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am > getting> > ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how > serious> > this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and> > answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer.> > > > Hugs from ME> > > > > >>Hugs from ME

Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains.

Guest guest

Will they give me copies of blood tests? not that I will know what they mean, they did say that all my other blood levels look good and my liver seems to functioning well.Konstantin Freger <kfreger@...> wrote: I am genetype 1 too. It has the lowest chances of responding to treatment - about 50%. I think this genotype is the most commom in US. I

have never had a treatment and never even had a biopsy but have done blood tests that try to tell what biopsy tells. You shoudl ask for your stage and grade but moderate scarring is not cirrosis. It is called fibrosis which results from chronic inflammation. Fibrosis can lead to cirrosis, but only 20% of people with HCV develop cirrosis after 20 years.There are many people with cirrosis who have regressed and had their livers regenerated. I am only 31 and found I had it when I was 28. You should ask for

copies of your blood tests too and have the ultra sound done to make sure there is no cancer. New to Group Hi, My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer. Hugs from ME Everyone is

raving about the all-new beta. Hugs from ME Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection.Try the free Beta. Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. Hugs from ME

Guest guest

Will they give me copies of blood tests? not that I will know what they mean, they did say that all my other blood levels look good and my liver seems to functioning well.Konstantin Freger <kfreger@...> wrote: I am genetype 1 too. It has the lowest chances of responding to treatment - about 50%. I think this genotype is the most commom in US. I

have never had a treatment and never even had a biopsy but have done blood tests that try to tell what biopsy tells. You shoudl ask for your stage and grade but moderate scarring is not cirrosis. It is called fibrosis which results from chronic inflammation. Fibrosis can lead to cirrosis, but only 20% of people with HCV develop cirrosis after 20 years.There are many people with cirrosis who have regressed and had their livers regenerated. I am only 31 and found I had it when I was 28. You should ask for

copies of your blood tests too and have the ultra sound done to make sure there is no cancer. New to Group Hi, My name is and I just recently found out I have HCV. I am getting ready for treatment. I guess, until today, I didn't realize how serious this is. I am now starting to panic. Hope I can get some support and answers from you all! I guess its like having cancer. Hugs from ME Everyone is

raving about the all-new beta. Hugs from ME Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection.Try the free Beta. Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. Hugs from ME

Guest guest

Thanks, Chris. When there's a will, there's a way, my Mom would have said.

Sharon

Re: New to Group

Thank You sharon,Your an inspiration. I'm hoping to stabilize my life before I attempttreatment again. I have the genotype 3a and believe strongly that I will clear this virus next time. Dont want to repeat some of the same mistakes I made the first time around. Looks like I will have to divorce my wife to qualify. My first medicaid/disability application was denied before the process even started. Not giving up though. I have to much that I want to do with my life. I wish you all the best success. HANG IN THERE!Chris

Guest guest

thanks so much! jcellis63 <chrisellis63@...> wrote: My insurance problem was actually that my employer failed to send my COBRA paperwork in time to sign up for it. Before I could organize a pose' for my defense, the Pharmacy cut me off without gaurantee of payment. The drug companies have patient assistance programs but they also of course have their qualifying criteria for eligibility and I've heard good and bad stories about it. It seems that most require you to be

completely broke or at least badly bent (based on income). If you anticipate even the possibility of a laps in coverage then you should start immediately to pursue their application process. Dont wait. This is how my nightmare started. Give them a call and quiz them hard about the details. Here are a couple of links below for the Commitment to Care Program. Schering-PloughCommitment To Care Program - 1-800-521-7157 http://www.amcat.org/factshts/network/access/pa/rebe.htmlhttp://www.schering-plough.com/pdf/commitapp.pdfHugs from ME

Never Miss an EmailStay connected with on your mobile. Get started!

Guest guest

It took me a fuul year, with the divorce, to qualify for their assistance. I had to submit and then RE submit massive paper work. It was a nightmare and it wasn't til I broke down on the phone that I was told I qualified.

sharon

Re: New to Group

My insurance problem was actually that my employer failed to send my COBRA paperwork in time to sign up for it. Before I could organize a pose' for my defense, the Pharmacy cut me off without gaurantee of payment. The drug companies have patient assistance programs but they also of course have their qualifying criteria for eligibility and I've heard good and bad stories about it. It seems that most require you to be completely broke or at least badly bent (based on income). If you anticipate even the possibility of a laps in coverage then you should start immediately to pursue their application process. Dont wait. This is how my nightmare started. Give them a call and quiz them hard about the details. Here are a couple of links below for the Commitment to Care Program. Schering-PloughCommitment To Care Program - 1-800-521-7157 http://www.amcat.org/factshts/network/access/pa/rebe.htmlhttp://www.schering-plough.com/pdf/commitapp.pdf