RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Anyone can say anything they please these days and unfortunately much of the

bogus information winds up in print.

I would ask to see the research supporting her claim.

I personally drink a quart or more per day and have been for over a year now.

As long as I drink my plain water as well

there is no problem. Each of us has a different body, with a different

tolerance level. My suggestion is that you listen

to your own body before you listen to anyone else ( including me).

zoe

> I have been drinking kombucha tea for 6 weeks or so now and I love

> it, and it has helped me. I have been drinking from 2 - 3 cups (8oz)

> a day, sometimes more on bottling day.

> My mother just called me and said a friend of hers purchased a

> book about kombucha and it said DO NOT drink more than 8oz a day, it

> causes something to build up in your liver that is not good. Mother

> will be getting me the title of the book tomorrow and I will tell

> you the name and author then. But for now....what do you think???

>

>

>

Guest guest

Anyone can say anything they please these days and unfortunately much of the

bogus information winds up in print.

I would ask to see the research supporting her claim.

I personally drink a quart or more per day and have been for over a year now.

As long as I drink my plain water as well

there is no problem. Each of us has a different body, with a different

tolerance level. My suggestion is that you listen

to your own body before you listen to anyone else ( including me).

zoe

> I have been drinking kombucha tea for 6 weeks or so now and I love

> it, and it has helped me. I have been drinking from 2 - 3 cups (8oz)

> a day, sometimes more on bottling day.

> My mother just called me and said a friend of hers purchased a

> book about kombucha and it said DO NOT drink more than 8oz a day, it

> causes something to build up in your liver that is not good. Mother

> will be getting me the title of the book tomorrow and I will tell

> you the name and author then. But for now....what do you think???

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Debbie Anything that damages your liver can cause problems within the bile ducts. Do you have a diagnosis of PBC? They once thought I had that and they did the test which I was negative for and so I was very very relieved. Perhaps if you post word for word what your biopsy says we can help you. jaxdebbiel21 <debbiel@...> wrote: I have been reading my tests results and trying to understand. For my biopsy -proliferation of bile ducts is present. When I look that up on the internet it

is all about PBC. Does hep c cause this also?ThanksDebbieJackie

Guest guest

OK here goes

The section reveal cores of liver with abnormal architecture due to

the presence of regeneration nodules and portal and periportal

fibrosis with fibrosis septa. The portal triads also shows a

moderate mononuclear inflammatory cell infiltrate with encroachment

into the periphery of the regeneration nodules. A mild patchy

inflammatory cell infiltrate is also noted within the nodules.

Proliferation of bile ducts is present

DIAGNOSIS

Chronic hepatitis C, grade 3, stage 4 (cirrhosis)

Don't have an apt. with my doc for three months. Trying to get in

sooner and also calling for an apt. for another doctor (will call

back once they get referral from my pcp). They seem to be busy.

Time of year or are these doctors in high demand.

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Debbie who is sleeping better and not afraid I'm going to die

tonight. At least from the hep

>

> Hi Debbie

> Anything that damages your liver can cause problems within the

bile ducts. Do you have a diagnosis of PBC? They once thought I had

that and they did the test which I was negative for and so I was

very very relieved. Perhaps if you post word for word what your

biopsy says we can help you.

> jax

>

>

Guest guest

well debbie,, it doesnt sound very good... you have stage 4 of 4 with cirrhosis,, and grade 3 inflammation which means it is moving along. Have you treated yet? If not, you really should talk with your doc about starting tx to stop the damage. One can live for a long time with cirrhosis as long as you stop the damage from getting any worse and you take really really good care of it. jaxdebbiel21 <debbiel@...> wrote: OK here goes The section reveal cores of liver with abnormal architecture due

to the presence of regeneration nodules and portal and periportal fibrosis with fibrosis septa. The portal triads also shows a moderate mononuclear inflammatory cell infiltrate with encroachment into the periphery of the regeneration nodules. A mild patchy inflammatory cell infiltrate is also noted within the nodules. Proliferation of bile ducts is presentDIAGNOSISChronic hepatitis C, grade 3, stage 4 (cirrhosis)Don't have an apt. with my doc for three months. Trying to get in sooner and also calling for an apt. for another doctor (will call back once they get referral from my pcp). They seem to be busy. Time of year or are these doctors in high demand.Thanks and Happy HolidaysDebbie who is sleeping better and not afraid I'm going to die tonight. At least from the hep>> Hi Debbie> Anything that damages your liver can cause problems within the bile ducts. Do you have a diagnosis of PBC? They once thought I had that and they did the test which I was negative for and so I was very very relieved. Perhaps if you post word for word what your biopsy says we can help you.> jax> >Jackie

Guest guest

Hi

Haven't treated yet and wasn't even thinking about it til came here.

Now I want to start. Today! Well trying to get to see my doc

otherwise trying another but can't get in til end of Jan. Can they

start you right away or do you have to take tests. Went in to talk

with my pcp today and she couldn't answer my questions about

treatment so have to wait. Trying to eat right and walking. Looked

at my long and short time disability. Trying to prepare for ??

Need to tell my family also. But its Christmas and then the first

great grandchild is to be born and then my daughter has one term

left of college to get into dental hygenist school. Pray she's not

infected. Excuses, excuses. What's a long time?

Thanks again

Debbie

>

> well debbie,, it doesnt sound very good... you have stage 4 of 4

with cirrhosis,, and grade 3 inflammation which means it is moving

along.

> Have you treated yet? If not, you really should talk with your

doc about starting tx to stop the damage. One can live for a long

time with cirrhosis as long as you stop the damage from getting any

worse and you take really really good care of it.

> jax

>

Guest guest

Debbie, Listen honey,, first take a deep breath! You have had this for a long time,, now if it were me, I wouldnt even consider starting until after Christmas and new years... it takes time to get the meds etc.. and to get everything all set up. If your daughter needs one more semester in college, you could certainly wait until she finishes up too.. there is no hurry but what I was saying is that you should really consider starting tx soon... What you can do is to remove all junk foods from your diet, remove all white sugar, white flour etc, eat organic fruits and veggies, low fat proteins, drink FILTERED water, remember NO alcohol, watch things like mouth washes, etc because they have alcohol in them and are absorbed even when you dont swallow mouthwashes etc... Have you had your family all checked for HCV? You should have them all tested just so you can put it to bed,, I was married to my kids father for 11 years

after I was infected, he is negative and so is my husband that I've been married to for almost 8 years.. Dont share toothbrushes, nail clippers, razors etc, common sense and if you cut yourself and bleed, you make sure YOU clean it up with bleach water which will kill the virus.The main thing I'd start on immediately if your doc approves is Milk Thistle. I'd get a brand that is 'standardized' and is siliphos-bound such as Maximum Milk Thistle or Unicity's Liver Essentials. IF you use Maximum Milk thistle or other brand that has nothing else in it, I would look at some red clover and schizzandra as they all help.. but the milk thistle is the main thing because it is a natural anti-inflammatory and its the inflammation that causes the damage.. Just taking the Liver Essentials dropped my alt/ast by half within 2-4 weeks and so when I started tx, my numbers dropped into the normal range almost immediately. Try not to panic,, educate your family about tx

before you start and really get yourself ready for a bumpy ride,, its doable but you need to prepare.. and your family MUST understand how tx is because they are going to have to take over much ,, like the shopping and cooking, housework, laundry etc, but remind them its only for a year , and you will be fighting for your life.. please dont panic,, take a deep breath,, you are already stage 4, people live with cirrhosis for years but you need to make some adjustments in your life. If you do nothing , in a few years you 'may' be looking at liver transplant if it continues at the grade (3 of 4) which is where you are. Please make sure your grandbaby's parents know that you will not infect your grandchild just by holding, loving , feeding etc,, it takes blood to blood contact,, please feel free to email me privately if there is anything I can do to help,, jaxdebbiel21 <debbiel@...> wrote: HiHaven't treated yet and wasn't even thinking about it til came here. Now I want to start. Today! Well trying to get to see my doc otherwise trying another but can't get in til end of Jan. Can they start you right away or do you have to take tests. Went in to talk with my pcp today and she couldn't answer my questions about treatment so have to wait. Trying to eat right and walking. Looked at my long and short time disability. Trying to prepare for ?? Need to tell my family also. But its Christmas and then the first great grandchild is to

be born and then my daughter has one term left of college to get into dental hygenist school. Pray she's not infected. Excuses, excuses. What's a long time?Thanks againDebbie>> well debbie,, it doesnt sound very good... you have stage 4 of 4 with cirrhosis,, and grade 3 inflammation which means it is moving along. > Have you treated yet? If not, you really should talk with your doc about starting tx to stop the damage. One can live for a long time with cirrhosis as long as you stop the damage from getting any worse and you take really really good care of it. > jax> Jackie

Guest guest

Some doctors want there patients to have eye exams and ekg's before starting treatment . And they also want them to have baseline labs . But then there are some doc's who with just your biopsy results alone will start you on treatment . So it all depends on the prescribing doctor ..

Re: Question

HiHaven't treated yet and wasn't even thinking about it til came here. Now I want to start. Today! Well trying to get to see my doc otherwise trying another but can't get in til end of Jan. Can they start you right away or do you have to take tests. Went in to talk with my pcp today and she couldn't answer my questions about treatment so have to wait. Trying to eat right and walking. Looked at my long and short time disability. Trying to prepare for ?? Need to tell my family also. But its Christmas and then the first great grandchild is to be born and then my daughter has one term left of college to get into dental hygenist school. Pray she's not infected. Excuses, excuses. What's a long time?Thanks againDebbie>> well debbie,, it doesnt sound very good... you have stage 4 of 4 with cirrhosis,, and grade 3 inflammation which means it is moving along. > Have you treated yet? If not, you really should talk with your doc about starting tx to stop the damage. One can live for a long time with cirrhosis as long as you stop the damage from getting any worse and you take really really good care of it. > jax>

Guest guest

well yes and no,,, they usually do test the blood but there are a lot of false negatives out there,, so its not totally reliable and one should have the actual test if they are questioning whether or not they have hep cdebbiel21 <debbiel@...> wrote: Is the test they do to check donated blood reliable. I mean if someone gave blood and heard nothing back could they assume they are hep c negative.ThanksDebbieJackie

Guest guest

I doubt

it. Its certainly not required.

Question

Here's a stupid question......

Re: AS -- They make the recipients of grants available to the public

-- they publicize who got what.

Will they, or are they required to, or would they release who DIDN'T

get funded? I'd be really interested in seeing what proposals were

turned down.

Guest guest

Well, it ought to be a "transparent process" if public monies are involved. So far it hasn't been, and it downright should be. I don't live in the States, but if I did, I wouldn't donate 1 cent to Autism Speaks. For me to feel justified in donating any money to that organization, I would need assurances that they would actually make efforts to look into the connection between vaccines and autism/and other neurological disorders. I doubt that Autism Speaks is willing to do that. Their spokespeople have too many ties to pharmaceutical companies and vaccine manufacturers to be able to "speak" for any of us. As long as Bob is a VP at GE, the list of conflicting interests is almost endless. No wonder they could not agree with their own daughter about the implications of vaccines in autism! Bob has too many asses to kiss, regarding the holdings his company has elsewhere, sadly to say. If only, if only,.... Trump could pick this up and

find a better way to back an autism advocacy group. To hell with AS, we need something that is not associated with pharma companies. AasaBecky Grant-Widen <bgrantwiden@...> wrote: I doubt it. Its certainly not required. -----Original Message-----From: EOHarm [mailto:EOHarm ] On Behalf Of autismlinkSent: Sunday, December 30, 2007 6:08 PMEOHarm Subject: Question Here's a stupid question......Re: AS -- They make the

recipients of grants available to the public-- they publicize who got what. Will they, or are they required to, or would they release who DIDN'Tget funded? I'd be really interested in seeing what proposals wereturned down.

Guest guest

We could always get all of our organizations together and ask for the

information. IF they refuse, I believe we could obtain it under the

freedom of information act.

However, if they say no, that would make for some interesting press.

CIndy

> I doubt it. Its certainly not required.

>

> Question

>

> Here's a stupid question......

>

> Re: AS -- They make the recipients of grants available to the public

> -- they publicize who got what.

>

> Will they, or are they required to, or would they release who DIDN'T

> get funded? I'd be really interested in seeing what proposals were

> turned down.

>

>

>

Guest guest

My bad, the FOI Act is for government agencies. I'll have to look

into disclosures required by nonprofits.

As I said, we could ask, and if they say no..... well, I think that

would make for a great story, don't you?

> > I doubt it. Its certainly not required.

> >

> > Question

> >

> > Here's a stupid question......

> >

> > Re: AS -- They make the recipients of grants available to the public

> > -- they publicize who got what.

> >

> > Will they, or are they required to, or would they release who DIDN'T

> > get funded? I'd be really interested in seeing what proposals were

> > turned down.

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

, I am willing to help as much as possible, in Canada, as we are also staring down some vaccines no-one wants to be a part of. Aasaautismlink <cindy@...> wrote: We could always get all of our organizations together and ask for theinformation. IF they refuse, I believe we could obtain it under thefreedom of information act.However, if they say no, that would make for some interesting press.CIndy> I doubt it. Its certainly not required.> > Question> > Here's a stupid question......> > Re: AS -- They make the recipients of grants available to the

public> -- they publicize who got what. > > Will they, or are they required to, or would they release who DIDN'T> get funded? I'd be really interested in seeing what proposals were> turned down.> > >

Guest guest

I asked Andy Shih that question last summer and he said they have a privacy issue and can't/won't release the names and applications of the rejected submissions.

But please note, they do not fund any true "bio-medical" research, or any causal research. They fund genetic and psychological based research that is less likely to provide any real answers. They seem to prefer research that can be easily marched out to the mainstream press and touted as a potential "cure" for autism but only after countless more studies requiring inordinate amounts of money.

Basically, Autism Speaks is a front group for the pharmaceuticals, the mainstream medical community, and genetic based researchers seeking to fund studies leading away from the issue of vaccines as a major potential contributor to a host of iatrogenic disorders.

Autism just happens to be the most obvious of the disorders and this group is one of a handful that keeps the rotten bastards up at night trying to figure out ways to conceal their evidence of harm.

Harry H.

PS. Here's wishing you all a Happy New Year.See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Guest guest

if AS is a 501©3 organization their books should be available to the public

upon request. However, grant recipients would likely be excluded as their info

would be protected under the privacy act. My wife actually sent me a copy of

their books once but I can't remember the site she got them from. I'm posting

from my pda right now, but I'll try to dig it up once I get home.

Ray

- In EOHarm , Aasa <penas7ar@...> wrote:

>

> Well, it ought to be a " transparent process " if public monies are involved. So

far it hasn't been, and it downright should be. I don't live in the States, but

if I did, I wouldn't donate 1 cent to Autism Speaks. For me to feel justified in

donating any money to that organization, I would need assurances that they would

actually make efforts to look into the connection between vaccines and

autism/and other neurological disorders. I doubt that Autism Speaks is willing

to do that. Their spokespeople have too many ties to pharmaceutical companies

and vaccine manufacturers to be able to " speak " for any of us. As long as Bob

is a VP at GE, the list of conflicting interests is almost endless. No

wonder they could not agree with their own daughter about the implications of

vaccines in autism! Bob has too many asses to kiss, regarding the holdings his

company has elsewhere, sadly to say.

> If only, if only,....

> Trump could pick this up and find a better way to back an autism

advocacy group. To hell with AS, we need something that is not associated with

pharma companies.

>

> Aasa

>

> Becky Grant-Widen <bgrantwiden@...> wrote:

> I doubt it. Its certainly not required.

>

> Question

>

> Here's a stupid question......

>

> Re: AS -- They make the recipients of grants available to the public

> -- they publicize who got what.

>

> Will they, or are they required to, or would they release who DIDN'T

> get funded? I'd be really interested in seeing what proposals were

> turned down.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Their tax return is posted on their website. It's also on guidestar.

They also list all of their grant recipients. That's not the

information I want. I want to know the grants that were turned DOWN.

Any nonprofit is required to show their books at any given time --

it's public information. If someone walked into my office and asked,

I'd have to produce it for them.

They won't give that information out, I'm sure. Looking at it from a

business perspective, it would open an incredible can of worms and

probably open them up to more public criticism and outcry. They'll

never do it, and really, I don't think they're required to.

I run a nonprofit as well, but I probably have a much stronger sense

of ethics than most. If it were me, and I amassed $30-$40 million of

other people's hard earned money, I would feel a responsibility to

give them information on where it's going, who didn't get it, and

why. But I'm an unusual person. I also have nothing to hide.

> > I doubt it. Its certainly not required.

> >

> > Question

> >

> > Here's a stupid question......

> >

> > Re: AS -- They make the recipients of grants available to the public

> > -- they publicize who got what.

> >

> > Will they, or are they required to, or would they release who DIDN'T

> > get funded? I'd be really interested in seeing what proposals were

> > turned down.

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Grant rejections are private, I believe. Look at it this way, yes,

you'd like to know what they turned down. BUT -- then it could cause

embarrassment and/or hamper future grant approvals for the

doctors/researchers who submitted the grants. But there's more than

one way to strip the mercury out of a lightbulb. So sit tight....

KS

>

> Their tax return is posted on their website. It's also on guidestar.

> They also list all of their grant recipients. That's not the

> information I want. I want to know the grants that were turned DOWN.

Guest guest

I understand your point, but just to play devils advocate here, do you include

service refusal or grant refusal information on your form 990? If you do, do

you include the names of the people who asked for help that you turned down?

Also, if you do that, how do you keep from getting sued by the people who asked

for help?

I understand that you would like to show on paper that AS is a pack of bastards.

Personally I find it reprehensible that they don't suppoort their own family in

the vaccine matter. My point is that without being able to see the applications

there is no smoking gun, and the applications are protected by a host of privacy

laws. The CDC and every vaccine company out there have hidden behind those laws

for years. I expect AS will do the same.

Ray

In EOHarm , " autismlink " <cindy@...> wrote:

>

>

> Any nonprofit is required to show their books at any given time --

> it's public information. If someone walked into my office and asked,

> I'd have to produce it for them.

>

> They won't give that information out, I'm sure. Looking at it from a

> business perspective, it would open an incredible can of worms and

> probably open them up to more public criticism and outcry. They'll

> never do it, and really, I don't think they're required to.

>

> I run a nonprofit as well, but I probably have a much stronger sense

> of ethics than most. If it were me, and I amassed $30-$40 million of

> other people's hard earned money, I would feel a responsibility to

> give them information on where it's going, who didn't get it, and

> why. But I'm an unusual person. I also have nothing to hide.

>

>

>

>

>

> > > I doubt it. Its certainly not required.

> > >

> > > Question

> > >

> > > Here's a stupid question......

> > >

> > > Re: AS -- They make the recipients of grants available to the public

> > > -- they publicize who got what.

> > >

> > > Will they, or are they required to, or would they release who DIDN'T

> > > get funded? I'd be really interested in seeing what proposals were

> > > turned down.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

My son’s school on Long Island asked for money to do a social skills program where they bring together children with autism and typical children. They meet after school twice a week for an hour.

When the school sent home flyers to ask NT kids if they wanted to join this club called “friends helping friends”, all 25 spots were filled the next day. The staff was amazed by the overwhelming response.

In the past, this program helped teach my son to play board games and take turns.

Autism Speaks turned them down.

-

On 12/31/07 8:25 AM, " krstagliano " <KRStagliano@...> wrote:

Grant rejections are private, I believe. Look at it this way, yes,

you'd like to know what they turned down. BUT -- then it could cause

embarrassment and/or hamper future grant approvals for the

doctors/researchers who submitted the grants. But there's more than

one way to strip the mercury out of a lightbulb. So sit tight....

KS

>

Guest guest

Yes, you're correct. I don't believe we've turned anyone down for

help. I mean, if someone calls and says, give me money, do I give

them money? No. But I see your point.

-- In EOHarm , " Ray " <raynelsonrealtor@...> wrote:

>

> I understand your point, but just to play devils advocate here, do

you include service refusal or grant refusal information on your form

990? If you do, do you include the names of the people who asked for

help that you turned down? Also, if you do that, how do you keep from

getting sued by the people who asked for help?

>

> I understand that you would like to show on paper that AS is a pack

of bastards. Personally I find it reprehensible that they don't

suppoort their own family in the vaccine matter. My point is that

without being able to see the applications there is no smoking gun,

and the applications are protected by a host of privacy laws. The CDC

and every vaccine company out there have hidden behind those laws for

years. I expect AS will do the same.

>

> Ray

>

> In EOHarm , " autismlink " <cindy@> wrote:

> >

> > Their tax return is posted on their website. It's also on guidestar.

> > They also list all of their grant recipients. That's not the

> > information I want. I want to know the grants that were turned DOWN.

> >

> > Any nonprofit is required to show their books at any given time --

> > it's public information. If someone walked into my office and asked,

> > I'd have to produce it for them.

> >

> > They won't give that information out, I'm sure. Looking at it from a

> > business perspective, it would open an incredible can of worms and

> > probably open them up to more public criticism and outcry. They'll

> > never do it, and really, I don't think they're required to.

> >

> > I run a nonprofit as well, but I probably have a much stronger sense

> > of ethics than most. If it were me, and I amassed $30-$40 million of

> > other people's hard earned money, I would feel a responsibility to

> > give them information on where it's going, who didn't get it, and

> > why. But I'm an unusual person. I also have nothing to hide.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > > > I doubt it. Its certainly not required.

> > > >

> > > > Question

> > > >

> > > > Here's a stupid question......

> > > >

> > > > Re: AS -- They make the recipients of grants available to the

public

> > > > -- they publicize who got what.

> > > >

> > > > Will they, or are they required to, or would they release who

DIDN'T

> > > > get funded? I'd be really interested in seeing what proposals were

> > > > turned down.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Well I've asked this about 100x and nobody answered me -- DID ANYONE

TRY TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION?

I'm a pretty intelligent person (or so I'd like to think), and I spoke

to quite a few other intelligent people who tried to fill out the

application, and you needed about 3 PhD's and an MD to figure it out.

Did any of you try to apply for one? They mixed the family grant

applications in with the scientific grant applications, and you had to

fill out things that were completely unrelated to YOUR grant. Stuff

like control group information, for instance. Uhm, I'm asking for

money for family outings, what control group? But it wouldn't let you

go forward if you didn't answer.

> >> >

> >> > Their tax return is posted on their website. It's also on

guidestar.

> >> > They also list all of their grant recipients. That's not the

> >> > information I want. I want to know the grants that were turned

DOWN.

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I did answer you. I don’t know if you got my email before or after you wrote yours. My son’s school filled out an application. I heard that “every school on Long Island” did also.

I have not heard if anyone got money from AS. They were supposed to decide in December.

On 12/31/07 9:05 AM, " autismlink " <cindy@...> wrote:

Well I've asked this about 100x and nobody answered me -- DID ANYONE

TRY TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION?

I'm a pretty intelligent person (or so I'd like to think), and I spoke

to quite a few other intelligent people who tried to fill out the

application, and you needed about 3 PhD's and an MD to figure it out.

Did any of you try to apply for one? They mixed the family grant

applications in with the scientific grant applications, and you had to

fill out things that were completely unrelated to YOUR grant. Stuff

like control group information, for instance. Uhm, I'm asking for

money for family outings, what control group? But it wouldn't let you

go forward if you didn't answer.

> >> >

> >> > Their tax return is posted on their website. It's also on

guidestar.

> >> > They also list all of their grant recipients. That's not the

> >> > information I want. I want to know the grants that were turned

DOWN.