RemedySpot.com

update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

MIchelle and Kim, I'm so very sorry that both of you are having pain that seems not able to be alleviated!

It must be quite awful. When I get just a 'little' pain, I'm quickly 'done for'!

Not that this wil make anyone feel better, but I have heard that 'they' are finally admitting that many folks with Multiple Sclerosis DO have pain.... and I think that fact probably wouldn't show up on an MRI

Besides which, we as MSers do still need to be sure that pain doesn't come from something ELSE that could and does need to be taken care of.

Just for a bit of info that might (or might not) be useful: My chiropractor told me that he had been in a top engineering school, suffering for years from unrelenting back pain, and they were going to do surgery as a last resort. He decided to give the local chiropractor a try. It worked! He was so impressed that he left that a career in engineering, went to chiropractic school and became a chiropractor.

That's just one 'sample' and not from an MSer.

I don't know whether my weekly visit to him is why I as an MSer don't have pain; maybe I wouldn't have had pain anyway. Maybe I would 'just' have had fatigue and the cognitive stuff...

As to financing, my chiropractor does accept Medicare, which helps a lot.

And by the way, he did tell me that there are I think 23 forms of chiropractic. I don't know how one would know which kind to request, which chiropractor to choose, if one decided to try it.

best, Jean

Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 10:48 PM

Subject: Re: Update

[and others]: i know where you are coming from, they cannot find out why i am getting so many headaches and my back is killing me all the time now, [i hate getting older] and all they say is take tylonal and get rest when needed and if it causes pain don't do it, but LIFE causes pain. anyway yesterday i had such a bad headache i thought i was going to die with it, i ended up taking almost 20 extra strength tyl and they didn't even help, and the worse part is tyl makes lose and that is hard to deal with. i thought it was gone but i am getting that 'aura' feeling again I HATE IT! I AM shaky and have the fear feeling i just got back from my Celebrate Recovery meeting and it was really good so i realised alot of things, but my wall is still up. here the flexeral is too expensive to get perscribed. i sometimes wish it was my MS acting up cause then i would have a reason, i am sorry to whine and tomorrow is spose to be nice and we had the pressure change to lower but i feel rotten. anyway if anyone prays i would appreciate them cause i when i get this feeling my depression gets worse and the stinkin-thinkin comes on more and i know my place needs cleaning but right now i don't give a darn but the walls close in and all i want to do is go hide under the blanket or dig a hole and pull the dirt in around me. later kim

Guest guest

MIchelle and Kim, I'm so very sorry that both of you are having pain that seems not able to be alleviated!

It must be quite awful. When I get just a 'little' pain, I'm quickly 'done for'!

Not that this wil make anyone feel better, but I have heard that 'they' are finally admitting that many folks with Multiple Sclerosis DO have pain.... and I think that fact probably wouldn't show up on an MRI

Besides which, we as MSers do still need to be sure that pain doesn't come from something ELSE that could and does need to be taken care of.

Just for a bit of info that might (or might not) be useful: My chiropractor told me that he had been in a top engineering school, suffering for years from unrelenting back pain, and they were going to do surgery as a last resort. He decided to give the local chiropractor a try. It worked! He was so impressed that he left that a career in engineering, went to chiropractic school and became a chiropractor.

I don't know whether my weekly visit to him is why I as an MSer don't have pain; maybe I wouldn't have had pain anyway. Maybe I would 'just' have had fatigue and the cognitive stuff...

And by the way, he did tell me that there are I think 23 forms of chiropractic. I don't know how one would know which kind to request, which chiropractor to choose, if one decided to try it.

best, Jean

[and others]: i know where you are coming from, they cannot find out why i am getting so many headaches and my back is killing me all the time now, [i hate getting older] and all they say is take tylonal and get rest when needed and if it causes pain don't do it, but LIFE causes pain. anyway yesterday i had such a bad headache i thought i was going to die with it, i ended up taking almost 20 extra strength tyl and they didn't even help, and the worse part is tyl makes lose and that is hard to deal with. i thought it was gone but i am getting that 'aura' feeling again I HATE IT! I AM shaky and have the fear feeling i just got back from my Celebrate Recovery meeting and it was really good so i realised alot of things, but my wall is still up. here the flexeral is too expensive to get perscribed. i sometimes wish it was my MS acting up cause then i would have a reason, i am sorry to whine and tomorrow is spose to be nice and we had the pressure change to lower but i feel rotten. anyway if anyone prays i would appreciate them cause i when i get this feeling my depression gets worse and the stinkin-thinkin comes on more and i know my place needs cleaning but right now i don't give a darn but the walls close in and all i want to do is go hide under the blanket or dig a hole and pull the dirt in around me. later kim

Guest guest

best, Jean

Guest guest

GET THE REST YOU NEED TO HEAL;;MICHELLE & TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF ((HEALING)) ((HUGS)) DORT Alene <michellealene@...> wrote: Hello Everyone, Sorry I have not posted for awhile, but I have read all the

email. I finally had my MRI for my brain and my back in May. My MS doctor called me on my brain MRI and said there was no change. I am still in remission for my MS. I just found out today by going to the walk in clinic because my back is still giving me trouble. The PA told me that my back MRI did not show anything unusual but after examing me decided I was having muscle spams all this time. He put me on Flexeril. I can take up to 3 tablets as needed for pain. I follow up with my regular doctor on July 8th for future treatment and see where he wants to go from there. I hope to have some relief soon. I am tired of being in all this pain all the time and nothing really helping the pain. Well that is all for now and you all have a wonderful week. Take care. A. Stowell Tube group share Becky 2008 My letters here & here

Guest guest

GET THE REST YOU NEED TO HEAL;;MICHELLE & TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF ((HEALING)) ((HUGS)) DORT Alene <michellealene@...> wrote: Hello Everyone, Sorry I have not posted for awhile, but I have read all the

email. I finally had my MRI for my brain and my back in May. My MS doctor called me on my brain MRI and said there was no change. I am still in remission for my MS. I just found out today by going to the walk in clinic because my back is still giving me trouble. The PA told me that my back MRI did not show anything unusual but after examing me decided I was having muscle spams all this time. He put me on Flexeril. I can take up to 3 tablets as needed for pain. I follow up with my regular doctor on July 8th for future treatment and see where he wants to go from there. I hope to have some relief soon. I am tired of being in all this pain all the time and nothing really helping the pain. Well that is all for now and you all have a wonderful week. Take care. A. Stowell Tube group share Becky 2008 My letters here & here

Guest guest

Guest guest

HANG IN THERE KIDDO;; I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS FOR GOD TO TAKE THE PAIN AWAY AT LEAST SO IT IS BEARABLE;; THAT WAS A LOT OF TYLENOL TO TAKE;; DONT GO & OD ON IT NOW YOU HEAR??? HEALING ((HUGS)) DORTkim <ont63a@...> wrote: [and others]: i know where you are coming from, they cannot find out why i am getting so many headaches and my back is killing me all the time now, [i hate getting older] and all they say is take tylonal and get rest when needed and if it causes pain

don't do it, but LIFE causes pain. anyway yesterday i had such a bad headache i thought i was going to die with it, i ended up taking almost 20 extra strength tyl and they didn't even help, and the worse part is tyl makes lose and that is hard to deal with. i thought it was gone but i am getting that 'aura' feeling again I HATE IT! I AM shaky and have the fear feeling i just got back from my Celebrate Recovery meeting and it was really good so i realised alot of things, but my wall is still up. here the flexeral is too expensive to get perscribed. i sometimes wish it was my MS acting up cause then i would have a reason, i am sorry to whine and tomorrow is spose to be nice and we had the pressure change to lower but i feel rotten. anyway if anyone prays i would appreciate them cause i when i get this feeling my depression gets worse and the stinkin-thinkin comes on more and i know my place needs cleaning but right now

i don't give a darn but the walls close in and all i want to do is go hide under the blanket or dig a hole and pull the dirt in around me. later kim

Guest guest

HANG IN THERE KIDDO;; I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS FOR GOD TO TAKE THE PAIN AWAY AT LEAST SO IT IS BEARABLE;; THAT WAS A LOT OF TYLENOL TO TAKE;; DONT GO & OD ON IT NOW YOU HEAR??? HEALING ((HUGS)) DORTkim <ont63a@...> wrote: [and others]: i know where you are coming from, they cannot find out why i am getting so many headaches and my back is killing me all the time now, [i hate getting older] and all they say is take tylonal and get rest when needed and if it causes pain

don't do it, but LIFE causes pain. anyway yesterday i had such a bad headache i thought i was going to die with it, i ended up taking almost 20 extra strength tyl and they didn't even help, and the worse part is tyl makes lose and that is hard to deal with. i thought it was gone but i am getting that 'aura' feeling again I HATE IT! I AM shaky and have the fear feeling i just got back from my Celebrate Recovery meeting and it was really good so i realised alot of things, but my wall is still up. here the flexeral is too expensive to get perscribed. i sometimes wish it was my MS acting up cause then i would have a reason, i am sorry to whine and tomorrow is spose to be nice and we had the pressure change to lower but i feel rotten. anyway if anyone prays i would appreciate them cause i when i get this feeling my depression gets worse and the stinkin-thinkin comes on more and i know my place needs cleaning but right now

i don't give a darn but the walls close in and all i want to do is go hide under the blanket or dig a hole and pull the dirt in around me. later kim

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

How do you feel? How much spiro are you on?

Val

[mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of em5704

Today, I saw the doctor after being on spiro for 4 weeks. The CT report

re-confirmed the adenoma, which has grown from 1.5 to 1.7 cm over the

course of 9 mos. My endo regarded this as essentially no change. My

labs after 4 weeks of spiro are:

K 4.4 (previously 3.3)

Sodium 133 (lab range is 136-145) LOW

Chloride 97 (lab 98-107) LOW

CO2 29 (normal according to lab -- previously, it was high at 34)

Glucose non fasting 82

BUN 13

Creatinine 0.9

GFR >60

Calcium 8.8

So I guess I wonder if the low sodium and low chloride is anything to

worry about or do anything about? The doc didn't address this, just

said I was fine.

Guest guest

I'm on 100 mg spiro daily. I take it 50 mg at a time, because it

slightly upset my stomach at 100.

I feel good. I didn't feel sick before, so it's hard to say. But I do

notice the absence of certain feelings. I am peeing less. Before

spiro, I was peeing all the time. I also notice that I am no longer

waking up with a racing pulse and a feeling of internal shakes, often

associated with turning over on my left side. My hands were very dry

before and I was constantly using moisturizer, but they're better

now. My BP was good before spiro (I am on 5 mg of Norvasc as well).

Now it's usually 106/68 - 117/77, around there.

I'm a bit concerned about the low blood sodium and low chloride. The

endo didn't seem concerned. I am DASHing, and I drink a lot of water,

but still ... hyponatremia is not a good thing. Dr. Grim, what are

your thoughts on my bloodwork -- K and CO2 are now normal, but sodium

and chloride are now slightly low.

>

> How do you feel? How much spiro are you on?

>

> Val

>

> From: hyperaldosteronism

> [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of em5704

>

>

> Today, I saw the doctor after being on spiro for 4 weeks. The CT

> re-confirmed the adenoma, which has grown from 1.5 to 1.7 cm over

the

> course of 9 mos. My endo regarded this as essentially no change. My

> labs after 4 weeks of spiro are:

>

> K 4.4 (previously 3.3)

> Sodium 133 (lab range is 136-145) LOW

> Chloride 97 (lab 98-107) LOW

> CO2 29 (normal according to lab -- previously, it was high at 34)

> Glucose non fasting 82

> BUN 13

> Creatinine 0.9

> GFR >60

> Calcium 8.8

>

> So I guess I wonder if the low sodium and low chloride is anything

to

> worry about or do anything about? The doc didn't address this, just

> said I was fine.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Suggest you might talk to your Dr about stopping Norvasc as BP doing

so well due to DASHing and spiro would be my assessment.'

CE Grim MD

On Jul 18, 2008, at 5:50 PM, em5704 wrote:

> I'm on 100 mg spiro daily. I take it 50 mg at a time, because it

> slightly upset my stomach at 100.

>

> I feel good. I didn't feel sick before, so it's hard to say. But I do

> notice the absence of certain feelings. I am peeing less. Before

> spiro, I was peeing all the time. I also notice that I am no longer

> waking up with a racing pulse and a feeling of internal shakes, often

> associated with turning over on my left side. My hands were very dry

> before and I was constantly using moisturizer, but they're better

> now. My BP was good before spiro (I am on 5 mg of Norvasc as well).

> Now it's usually 106/68 - 117/77, around there.

>

> I'm a bit concerned about the low blood sodium and low chloride. The

> endo didn't seem concerned. I am DASHing, and I drink a lot of water,

> but still ... hyponatremia is not a good thing. Dr. Grim, what are

> your thoughts on my bloodwork -- K and CO2 are now normal, but sodium

> and chloride are now slightly low.

>

>

> >

> > How do you feel? How much spiro are you on?

> >

> > Val

> >

> > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of em5704

> >

> >

> > Today, I saw the doctor after being on spiro for 4 weeks. The CT

> report

> > re-confirmed the adenoma, which has grown from 1.5 to 1.7 cm over

> the

> > course of 9 mos. My endo regarded this as essentially no change. My

> > labs after 4 weeks of spiro are:

> >

> > K 4.4 (previously 3.3)

> > Sodium 133 (lab range is 136-145) LOW

> > Chloride 97 (lab 98-107) LOW

> > CO2 29 (normal according to lab -- previously, it was high at 34)

> > Glucose non fasting 82

> > BUN 13

> > Creatinine 0.9

> > GFR >60

> > Calcium 8.8

> >

> > So I guess I wonder if the low sodium and low chloride is anything

> to

> > worry about or do anything about? The doc didn't address this, just

> > said I was fine.

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Looks like spiro is kicking in: normal K and BP and peeing less.

Keep us posted.

CE Grim MD

On Jul 18, 2008, at 3:35 PM, em5704 wrote:

> Today, I saw the doctor after being on spiro for 4 weeks. The CT

> report

> re-confirmed the adenoma, which has grown from 1.5 to 1.7 cm over the

> course of 9 mos. My endo regarded this as essentially no change. My

> labs after 4 weeks of spiro are:

>

> K 4.4 (previously 3.3)

> Sodium 133 (lab range is 136-145) LOW

> Chloride 97 (lab 98-107) LOW

> CO2 29 (normal according to lab -- previously, it was high at 34)

> Glucose non fasting 82

> BUN 13

> Creatinine 0.9

> GFR >60

> Calcium 8.8

>

> So I guess I wonder if the low sodium and low chloride is anything to

> worry about or do anything about? The doc didn't address this, just

> said I was fine.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Yes, the doctor did tell me that I could experiment with stopping

Norvasc and monitoring my BP. So, the low serum sodium and chloride

on my blood panel is normal with spiro? Nothing for me to worry

about?

>

> > Today, I saw the doctor after being on spiro for 4 weeks. The CT

> > report

> > re-confirmed the adenoma, which has grown from 1.5 to 1.7 cm over

the

> > course of 9 mos. My endo regarded this as essentially no change.

My

> > labs after 4 weeks of spiro are:

> >

> > K 4.4 (previously 3.3)

> > Sodium 133 (lab range is 136-145) LOW

> > Chloride 97 (lab 98-107) LOW

> > CO2 29 (normal according to lab -- previously, it was high at 34)

> > Glucose non fasting 82

> > BUN 13

> > Creatinine 0.9

> > GFR >60

> > Calcium 8.8

> >

> > So I guess I wonder if the low sodium and low chloride is

anything to

> > worry about or do anything about? The doc didn't address this,

just

> > said I was fine.

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I would just drink fluids when you are thirsty and not worry for now.

May your pressure be low!

CE Grim MS, MD

High Blood Pressure Consulting

Clinical Professor of Medicine Medical College of Wisconsin

Board certified in Internal Med, Geriatrics and Hypertension.

Interests: The effect of recent evolutionary forces on high blood

pressure in human populations.

On Jul 19, 2008, at 11:45 AM, em5704 wrote:

> Yes, the doctor did tell me that I could experiment with stopping

> Norvasc and monitoring my BP. So, the low serum sodium and chloride

> on my blood panel is normal with spiro? Nothing for me to worry

> about?

>

>

> >

> > > Today, I saw the doctor after being on spiro for 4 weeks. The CT

> > > report

> > > re-confirmed the adenoma, which has grown from 1.5 to 1.7 cm over

> the

> > > course of 9 mos. My endo regarded this as essentially no change.

> My

> > > labs after 4 weeks of spiro are:

> > >

> > > K 4.4 (previously 3.3)

> > > Sodium 133 (lab range is 136-145) LOW

> > > Chloride 97 (lab 98-107) LOW

> > > CO2 29 (normal according to lab -- previously, it was high at 34)

> > > Glucose non fasting 82

> > > BUN 13

> > > Creatinine 0.9

> > > GFR >60

> > > Calcium 8.8

> > >

> > > So I guess I wonder if the low sodium and low chloride is

> anything to

> > > worry about or do anything about? The doc didn't address this,

> just

> > > said I was fine.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

• 2 months later...

Hang in there!

Hugs,

Support your friendly local autistics...........I'm one of them.

Update

*Good morning everyone* I filed for Disability Income back in 2002 I've been denied twice, filed for a hearing, had my case suspended, reinstated, and finally they have scheduled a hearing sometime in November of 2008. I pray everything goes well and that I am approved.*Hugs Love & Prayers*

Hang in there!

Hugs,

Update

*Good morning everyone* I filed for Disability Income back in 2002 I've been denied twice, filed for a hearing, had my case suspended, reinstated, and finally they have scheduled a hearing sometime in November of 2008. I pray everything goes well and that I am approved.*Hugs Love & Prayers*

Hang in there!

Hugs,

Update

OK, I'll hang in there and keep my mind off of the wait. Hugs Love & PrayersetteOn Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Hefner <hefnerpatriciahefnerpatricia@...> wrote:

Hang in there!

Hugs,

Update

*Good morning everyone* I filed for Disability Income back in 2002 I've been denied twice, filed for a hearing, had my case suspended, reinstated, and finally they have scheduled a hearing sometime in November of 2008. I pray everything goes well and that I am approved.

*Hugs Love & Prayers*

OK, I'll hang in there and keep my mind off of the wait. Hugs Love & PrayersetteOn Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Hefner <hefnerpatriciahefnerpatricia@...> wrote:

Hang in there!

Hugs,

Update

*Good morning everyone* I filed for Disability Income back in 2002 I've been denied twice, filed for a hearing, had my case suspended, reinstated, and finally they have scheduled a hearing sometime in November of 2008. I pray everything goes well and that I am approved.

*Hugs Love & Prayers*

• 1 month later...