Guest guest

Hello all,

We have had the Vitamix blender for just over a year now and love it, so now we

wonder if it makes sense to purchase another container to find new great things

to make. I don't think we need the other wet container because it seems like

just a convenience issue, no new cool things to eat/make, but the dry container

does different things it seems. I don't really think we will grind our own

flours much, but I was interested in doing things like salsa etc. Any words of

wisdom? What things do you make in your dry containers?

Guest guest

Hello andra,Thanks for your question!Since you can make salsa in your wet container, and making flours is the primary use for the dry container, do you think it would be worth the extra $99 + tax just to make salsa a little bit better and easier?I DO love my dry container as a food processor, don't get me wrong, but I hate the idea of someone spending an extra $99 + unless I thought they were really going to get their value out of it.That being said, as a food processor, I use my dry container to make meat salads (like chicken), chopped veggie salads, salsa, omelets, quiche, etc. quite frequently.For example, sardines are really good for you, but I WON'T eat them unless they are all chopped up. One of my favorite salads is sardines all chopped up (dump into bowl) coarsely chop two celery stalks with a knife, then finely chop in the Vitamix at the lower variable speeds (then dump into bowl) then I chop a little bit of onion and sometimes red pepper (dumping each ingredient into the bowl after chopping). Then I add some mayonnaise (I make my own in the Vitamix as well :-) and some salt and consume eagerly! I love salsas in the Vitamix and almost always make mine with a fruit for the salty/tangy/sweet combination of flavors. The fruit can be mango, pineapple, or peach.Have you tried any of these in your wet container yet?

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Nov 30, 2011, at 5:17 PM, andra wrote:

Hello all,

We have had the Vitamix blender for just over a year now and love it, so now we wonder if it makes sense to purchase another container to find new great things to make. I don't think we need the other wet container because it seems like just a convenience issue, no new cool things to eat/make, but the dry container does different things it seems. I don't really think we will grind our own flours much, but I was interested in doing things like salsa etc. Any words of wisdom? What things do you make in your dry containers?

Guest guest

I use my dry container just I use my Vitamix blender.so is not to big a container to use.do anyone know how to make lemonade .in DC I saw in Home show they make in but I was late so I test only is was delicious I know used lime with peel .MadhuriSent from my iPadOn Nov 30, 2011, at 3:17 PM, "andra" <alexpetersen@...> wrote:

Hello all,

We have had the Vitamix blender for just over a year now and love it, so now we wonder if it makes sense to purchase another container to find new great things to make. I don't think we need the other wet container because it seems like just a convenience issue, no new cool things to eat/make, but the dry container does different things it seems. I don't really think we will grind our own flours much, but I was interested in doing things like salsa etc. Any words of wisdom? What things do you make in your dry containers?

Guest guest

I use it to chop veggies. I have not made flour yet, but it's on my list.MimiSent from my iPhoneOn Jul 20, 2012, at 2:23 PM, "Pat K." <pat.my3maltese@...> wrote:

What sort of things do you use the dry container for?

Peanut butter is made in the wet container?

Thanks!

Pat

=

Guest guest

Yes nut butter is made in the wet container.Sent from my iPhoneOn Jul 20, 2012, at 2:23 PM, "Pat K." <pat.my3maltese@...> wrote:

What sort of things do you use the dry container for?

Peanut butter is made in the wet container?

Thanks!

Pat

=