RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

It finally happened

Rate this topic

Guest guest

To be honest, I am not sure I "accepting" they will be with me now. I had to threaten litigation and now he has a full-time paraprofessional with him. I am what you what call a "problem parent" (SMILE). So I have heard from a few people I know who work in the school and I know personally. I am sure for them, they regret making an error in their acceptance of in the Head Start Program. To be honest I was surprised they accepted us because of our income. But they said that income did not matter. I later looked up the Head Start Regulations and it would appear we actually did not fall within the qualifications. But that is their mistake and not my son's. So I will be glad when school comes to an end on the 19th of this month. But I don't plan on letting this rest. I am trying to find a way to be a board member for the Head Start Program. If this happened to my son, I know it is happening elsewhere. When parents don't know, they don't

know how to fight or not aware there is even a need to. That is the case that I find in the Head Start Program here. The Head Start Program is suppose to help those children most at risk for falling threw the cracks and giving a good "head start". I would have to say with my experience. I would never recommend Head Start here at all. But that is a great idea. I am always opened to contacts and networking. Thanks. Heard "Reflections of my son" cosmom66 <stacey-herrera@...> wrote: ,I'm so sorry for what you and your son are going through. Although my son is not a runner, we have had several "meltdowns" at school and I live in fear of the day when it might become

a police incident. It sounds like you are doing a heck of a job supporting and advocating for him! Are you familiar with Dennis Debbaudt? He is a private investigator and the parent of an autistic child who has written a book about autism and law enforcement. Years ago when I was president of the local ASA (Middle GA - no longer active) he spoke with our group and was very helpful. We tried to get our school system officers and local police representatives to attend without success. Perhaps you could look into doing something similar or at least get them to purchase (and READ!) his book. Just google his name and you will find a wealth of information. Good luck,Stacey Herrera

Blab-away for as little as 1ยข/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice.