RemedySpot.com

RE: fatboys christmas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I understand ph, as far jokes are concerned, (I know this from my exwife who is a inteventional nurse) I am sure the nurses are loving your humor, it is a change in their lives which is full of sickness and mortality, so don't sell yourself or your jokes short. Takecare TURK ph Schmidt <glua.joe@...> wrote: Turk, Not that I am the best patient the doctors ever treated but I do get my PT test (INR is the result) on the schedule they give me which turns out to be about once a month. I have been on coumadin (rat poison) for over fifteen years and have learned to watch my consumption of greens and other vitamin K containing foods so my dosage doesn’t change often. I can still remember when I first started taking this wonderful drug. I was told that if your blood gets too thin (won’t clot) you could bleed to death internally. If your blood gets too think I could get a blood clot on my mechanical valve, which could break free and cause a stroke or heart attack. I was talking to my aunt yesterday and she ended up in the hospital with internal bleeding when she started taking coumadin last summer. I don’t know if her doctor didn’t explain the diet or if she was

started on too high a dosage but she is proof that coumadin is powerful medicine. Life is full of choices and I am aware that it is easier to get my tests now that I am retired. My doc gives me a specific date when I should get the test. I get the test at the hospital lab and they phone the results to the doc’s office and someone usually calls within hours of the blood draw. I have often wondered why I have to get tested even monthly since my INR doesn’t change that much but I don’t have MD behind my name so I keep getting the tests. Don’t you feel sorry for the folks at the lab who have to listen to my jokes once a month? Take care, Joe Schmidt God Loves Us All -----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of TURKSent: Friday,

December 15, 2006 4:30 PM Subject: RE: fatboys christmas Hello Joe; I am on coumadin as well and my doc always tell me that i have to get my inr every three weeks to a month but i only got it checked whenevr i went to him and he gets very upset about that. I know i should get it checked more often but you know how it is, go to work and come back home and weekends fly by and by the time i

realize it has been three months. I wish i can say the same thing about being worried about something other than getting zapped but thank god for the past five years i learned to deal with it. Take care TURKph Schmidt <glua.joegmail> wrote: Thanks Turk, I am on coumadin, plavix and baby aspirin and had a nosebleed on Thanksgiving that I couldn’t get stopped. After several hours in the ER I have a few new methods to stop a nosebleed and a $150 (after insurance) nose clamp. They did a bunch of blood tests but they only told me that my INR was OK. My family doc thought it was caused by the dry air and that I should spray saline solution up my nose twice a day. Now I am more worried about an uncontrolled nosebleed than I am about being zapped. LOL I will file this link in case I have continued problems. Merry Christmas to All Joe Schmidt God Loves Us All -----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of TURKSent: Friday, December 15, 2006 2:18 PMTo:

Subject: Re: fatboys christmas Hello Tim; I found this while i was trying to learn what Thrombocytopenia is. I hope it helps. Follow the link below. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrombocytopenia Regards TURK <fatboytimcollins > wrote: scrapnfriend, they did find out what is going on. And they said they were right. The medication I'm taking they believe is causing something called "Thromboctopenia"? what ever that is. But the bleeding is coming from the kidney on my left side. They stopped the med and Monday I'll go for some blood and platelets, and observation. I still get to go to the Christmas party. So I get one more Christmas with the family. I'll tell them all when I get ready to go home. Thanks for your concern. I know It's private and sincere. The church wants to help, but they can't really without alerting my family. My blood pressure was

70/49, and a pulse of 42. but at least the doctors let me go till the first of the week. Merry Christmas. Oh by the way it has not dumped my spirits too much as I've been making chocolates' four different bon-bons, five different fudges, carmel pinwheels, chocolate covered pretzels, dipped dried pineapple, and chocolate covered marshmallows. and to top everything off I made chocolate truffles. Tim and a HAPPY HO-HO TO EVERYBODYScrapnfriendaol wrote: Good luck Tim. Sometimes it just seems like it will never end but you hang in there and ask for all the support you need. I know how it feels to be just totally exhausted and I know I am not alone....here with the Zapper family. Take care and keep in touch as you have time. Well guys I'm in for my first big zap. I guess my Indy trip was not as sweet as I thought. The extra I tried to do to have my first real christmas is gonna have to wait. The one med that they have me on ticlid is eating my platelets up and I have been slowly bleeding inside. Don't know what all that means but I am shure all tired all over once again. I put on 14 lbs water weight that they are going to pump off of me tommorow. And try to find some other kind of blood thinner that I can take. My daughter don't know as I do not want to spoil her christmas. My brother is going to have the famialy christmas this sunday. Monday I go in for oberservation. If I dont write I'll be busy. Write you all when I get home. tim __________________________________________________