RemedySpot.com

Re: MJDF exam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,

Does anyone know the format of the MJDF 1 exam is ? Is it the same as ore 1, that is, MCQ's and is it computer based?

Many thanks,

LarissaFrom: "larissacotta braganza cotta" <larissa5@...>Sent: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 01:26:43 " " < >Subject: Re: MJDF book

Hi Lyudmyla,

Thankyou for your reply. So i guess it not a must have.

Can you please tell me what books you need to read for this exam. Is it the same as for ore 1? And now there is no need for portfolio of evidence which i must say sounds quite complicated. Jus for curiosity could you briefly tell me how the portfolio was done?

Hope it does not all take too much of your time.Waiting to hear form you.

Many many thanks,

LarissaFrom: Lyudmyla Huhley <huhley2006@...>Sent: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 19:19:09 " " < >Subject: Re: MJDF book

i never used this book even i had it..still passed this exam

SincerelyLyudmyla

From: larissacotta braganza cotta <larissa5@...>" " < > Sent: Wednesday, 6 June 2012, 14:43Subject: Re: MJDF book

Hi all,

Can you please tell me if there is anybody wanting to sell 'Key skills in primary dental care'?And how much does it cost? Is it an essential book for mjdf exam?

Many thanks,

LarissaFrom: "larissacotta braganza cotta" <larissa5@...>Sent: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 18:19:40 " " < >Subject: Re: From Failing ORE part1 to Passing ORE 1 and MJDF 1.

Dear Sualeh,

I just recently cleared my ore 1 and am planning to answer mjdf in oct. Your email as seen below was very encouraging. Can you please help me as to what books i need to read for mjdf 1 and did you attend any course in particular for the mjdf exams?

Waiting eagerly to hearing from you.

Many Thanks,

LarissaFrom: "sualehuddinkhan" <drsualehkhan@...>Sent: Mon, 14 May 2012 06:24:19 Subject: From Failing ORE part1 to Passing ORE 1 and MJDF 1.

Dear Friends, Thank you all for your warm wishes and prayers. I took ORE part 1 for the first time in September 2011 and failed. After Paper A when I came out the examination hall I knew that I would pass. But next day for Paper B I didn't had that positive feeling. Anyway, I kept praying and waiting for the result. When the result came it I found that I had failed with only 2 marks in paper B. It was a point in my life where it seemed as if nothing working out for me. I got 67 in paper A and 48 in Paper B. But I never complained to GDC. I accepted it as God's decision and tried to gather myself. I had my wife and daughter here in London so had to support and keep the kitchen running. So didn't let myself down too much. But I knew in mind that Paper B is something I need to focus on. Mid January 2012, I started a skype based revision group objective of starting this group was to overcome our weaknesses in Paper B. I was lucky to get very dedicated and motivating study partners they were Myra, Miral, Kausar M, Tanvir Kausar, Fauziya, Naseema, Tulsi and Taif. Yes! we were a big group. We all had our own strengths and weaknesses for example Taif did MSC in Oral Pathology so all our Oral Medicine part was sorted, we had Miral who was exceptionally good in general dentistry we had Myra who was perfectionist, we had Naseema who would tell you the reference in just a blink of an eye, we had Fauziya who was working in a Surgery, We had Kausar Mahmood who helped me alot to manage the group, we had tulsi and tanvir kausar who actively participated our sessions. We started off perhaps vividly but as time moved on we got more focused and systematic. I was initially skeptical about the fact that it was a big group and how am I going to manage. But everyone contributed and helped the group running. During this time I saved money for MJDF part 1 which was to be held 20 days before ORE part 1 so thought that the preparation is the same and this will work as a MOCK for ORE. So I registered myself and I sat in MJDF. Now 20 days were left and I hadn't started preparing for Basic Sciences. I studied basic sciences for a week and then moved on revising for Paper B again. Yes only 7 days for basic sciences is all what I did and this time I got the same 67 in Paper A. As I knew that this was my stronger area.We all studied day and night and went through with the feedbacks thoroughly the other thing that helped was having people from different part of the world who had different studying approach and you learn looking at things in different dimensions and dynamics. So this broadens your vision. By the grace of Almighty, I passed MJDF PART 1 and ORE part 1 both exams this time.... I came back hard and believed in myself and prayed.. Suggestion to those who couldn't make it this time, every day is not the same day. You will have your day as well. Just be honest with yourself find out where you made mistake.Your luck counts as well but you can't run away by saying that you weren't lucky. Look into your mistakes and remain POSITIVE.As far as MJDF part 1 is concerned, they asked alot of Evidence Based Dentistry..... luckily I did covered that aspect during my ORE prep. You would be surprised to know that these were EMQs.... like you want to know the effect of cigrette smoking over a period of 10 years, on a person who smokes 10 cigrettes a day. And then the options were Randomized trials, prospective study, retrospective study etc. EMQs on Crown & Bridge were complicated and you had to read between the lines to understand the scenario. Questions were more on the application of different crowns and bridge. They asked like Mesial and buccal wall broken what would be final restoration if the opposite tooth is amalgam filled etc. I think I passed MJDF because I was preparing for ORE part 1. So I didnt had to put more effort for MJDF. My advise to all sitting for MJDF part 1. " FEEDBACKS ARE ESSENTIAL".In the end, I thank on behalf of all my study partners to ORE Mutual Support Group and in particular to those who compiled their feedbacks and uploaded for their followers. Our prayers and sincere wishes for them...I'm uploading our feedback which I believe would be of great help to our followers. Should you need any help, please feel free to write me. Best Regards, Sualeh

Follow Rediff Deal ho jaye! to get exciting offers in your city everyday.

Guest guest

hi all,

I am a new member to this group.can you plz let me know what and in which

situation r we supporsed to give MJDF and LDS exams?

>

> Hi,

> & nbsp; & nbsp;

> & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp;What is the passing criteria for MJDF 1 exam

please?

> & nbsp;

> ThanksFrom: " larissacotta braganza cotta " larissa5@...Sent: Fri, 08 Jun 2012

01:44:49 To:

" " @...: Re:

MJDF exam

> Hi,

> & nbsp;

> & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; Does anyone know the format of the MJDF 1 exam is ?

Is it the same as ore 1, that is, MCQ's and is it computer based?

> & nbsp;

> Many thanks,

> LarissaFrom: " larissacotta braganza cotta " larissa5@...Sent: Fri, 08 Jun 2012

01:26:43 " "

@...: Re: MJDF book & nbsp;

>

>

>

>

> Hi Lyudmyla,

> & nbsp;

> & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; Thankyou for your reply. So i guess it not a must

have.

> & nbsp;Can you please tell me what books you need to read for this exam. Is it

the same as for ore 1? And now & nbsp;there is no need for portfolio of evidence

which i must say sounds quite complicated. Jus for curiosity could you briefly

tell me how the portfolio was done?

> & nbsp;

> & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; Hope it does not all take too much of your time.Waiting to

hear form you.

> & nbsp;

> Many many thanks,

> LarissaFrom: Lyudmyla Huhley huhley2006@...Sent: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 19:19:09 To:

" " @...: Re:

MJDF book & nbsp;

>

>

>

>

>

> i never used this book even i had it..still passed this exam

> & nbsp;

> SincerelyLyudmyla

>

>

>

>

> From: larissacotta braganza cotta larissa5@...To:

" " Sent:

Wednesday, 6 June 2012, 14:43Subject: Re: MJDF book

>

> & nbsp;

>

> Hi all,

> & nbsp;

> & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp;Can you please tell me if there is anybody

wanting to sell 'Key skills in primary dental care'?And how much does it cost?

Is it an essential book for mjdf exam?

> & nbsp;

> Many thanks,

> LarissaFrom: " larissacotta braganza cotta " larissa5@...Sent: Wed, 06 Jun 2012

18:19:40 " "

@...: Re: From Failing ORE part1 to

Passing ORE 1 and MJDF 1. & nbsp;

>

>

>

>

> Dear Sualeh,

> & nbsp;

> & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp;I just recently cleared my ore 1 and am planning to

answer mjdf in oct. Your email as seen below was very encouraging. Can you

please help me as to what books i need to read for mjdf 1 and did you attend any

course in particular for the mjdf exams?

> & nbsp;

> & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; Waiting eagerly to hearing from you.

> & nbsp;

> Many Thanks,

> LarissaFrom: " sualehuddinkhan " drsualehkhan@...Sent: Mon, 14 May 2012 06:24:19

@...: From Failing ORE part1 to Passing ORE 1 and MJDF

1. & nbsp;

>

>

>

> Dear Friends, Thank you all for your warm wishes and prayers. I took ORE part

1 for the first time in September 2011 and failed. After Paper A when I came out

the examination hall I knew that I would pass. But next day for Paper B I didn't

had that positive feeling. Anyway, I kept praying and waiting for the result.

When the result came it I found that I had failed with only 2 marks in paper B.

It was a point in my life where it seemed as if nothing working out for me. I

got 67 in paper A and 48 in Paper B. But I never complained to GDC. I accepted

it as God's decision and tried to gather myself. I had my wife and daughter here

in London so had to support and keep the kitchen running. So didn't let myself

down too much. But I knew in mind that Paper B is something I need to focus on.

Mid January 2012, I started a skype based revision group objective of starting

this group was to overcome our weaknesses in Paper B. I was lucky to get very

dedicated and motivating study partners they were Myra, Miral, Kausar M, Tanvir

Kausar, Fauziya, Naseema, Tulsi and Taif. Yes! we were a big group. We all had

our own strengths and weaknesses for example Taif did MSC in Oral Pathology so

all our Oral Medicine part was sorted, we had Miral who was exceptionally good

in general dentistry we had Myra who was perfectionist, we had Naseema who would

tell you the reference in just a blink of an eye, we had Fauziya who was working

in a Surgery, We had Kausar Mahmood who helped me alot to manage the group, we

had tulsi and tanvir kausar who actively participated our sessions. We started

off perhaps vividly but as time moved on we got more focused and systematic. I

was initially skeptical about the fact that it was a big group and how am I

going to manage. But everyone contributed and helped the group running. During

this time I saved money for MJDF part 1 which was to be held 20 days before ORE

part 1 so thought that the preparation is the same and this will work as a MOCK

for ORE. So I registered myself and I sat in MJDF. Now 20 days were left and I

hadn't started preparing for Basic Sciences. I studied basic sciences for a week

and then moved on revising for Paper B again. Yes only 7 days for basic sciences

is all what I did and this time I got the same 67 in Paper A. As I knew that

this was my stronger area.We all studied day and night and went through with the

feedbacks thoroughly the other thing that helped was having people from

different part of the world who had different studying approach and you learn

looking at things in different dimensions and dynamics. So this broadens your

vision. By the grace of Almighty, I passed MJDF PART 1 and ORE part 1 both exams

this time.... I came back hard and believed in myself and prayed.. Suggestion to

those who couldn't make it this time, every day is not the same day. You will

have your day as well. Just be honest with yourself find out where you made

mistake.Your luck counts as well but you can't run away by saying that you

weren't lucky. Look into your mistakes and remain POSITIVE.As far as MJDF part 1

is concerned, they asked alot of Evidence Based Dentistry..... luckily I did

covered that aspect during my ORE prep. You would be surprised to know that

these were EMQs.... like you want to know the effect of cigrette smoking over a

period of 10 years, on a person who smokes 10 cigrettes a day. And then the

options were Randomized trials, prospective study, retrospective study etc. EMQs

on Crown & amp; Bridge were complicated and you had to read between the lines to

understand the scenario. Questions were more on the application of different

crowns and bridge. They asked like Mesial and buccal wall broken what would be

final restoration if the opposite tooth is amalgam filled etc. I think I passed

MJDF because I was preparing for ORE part 1. So I didnt had to put more effort

for MJDF. My advise to all sitting for MJDF part 1. " FEEDBACKS ARE

ESSENTIAL " .In the end, I thank on behalf of all my study partners to ORE Mutual

Support Group and in particular to those who compiled their feedbacks and

uploaded for their followers. Our prayers and sincere wishes for them...I'm

uploading our feedback which I believe would be of great help to our followers.

Should you need any help, please feel free to write me. Best Regards, Sualeh

>

>

>

>

> Follow & nbsp;Rediff Deal ho jaye! & nbsp;to get exciting offers in your city

everyday.

>

>

>

>

> Follow & nbsp;Rediff Deal ho jaye! & nbsp;to get exciting offers in your city