RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

DIAGNOSIS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

he is an english actor and more than that its liked with sucesss thats him have a look at the picture

thomas harris

From: Carolyn <charper777@...>Autism and Aspergers Treatment Sent: Wednesday, 15 July, 2009 4:23:07 AMSubject: Re: Diagnosis

Hi, I have a little grandson who was kind of slow getting started. When he was in his 3 year class he did not speak very clearly or very well. Now that he is almost 5 though, next week, he speaks very well. My daughter never did agree to getting him evaluated because we figured he was shy and would catch up in time and didn't want him labeled. His first teacher was very pushy and wouldn't shut up about it and was kind of irritating.

He isn't too good at coloring yet but can write his name Lucas, figure he will grow in his skills to write and color. He gets along o.k. with other children now, used to be too shy to play with them.

He does have some odd quirks though, he is IN LOVE with trees for instance, when we go out he wants to walk up and touch trees, just insists, and here in my house he takes all my plants, I have quite a few fake plants, ferns and such and he likes to line them up on the counter and just look at them. He is also deathly afraid of spiders again, did this once before and absolutely refuses to go on the swing set outside. However he used to be terribly afraid of water, screamed bloody murder in the tub as the water went in, and even sitting in it he would shriek at hair in the water, etc. but now he goes in the big kids pool and bounds around up to his neck and doesn't have a worry, even if there are sometimes bugs in there.

Used to he absolutely REFUSED to go in the door of the public pool, would have nothing to do with it, was really hysterical, but now he goes right in and swims away with the other kids, well bobs around, can't swim yet. At any rate he is a smart little kid, very alert and observant, just a little different we think, not sure for the good or the bad yet, think mostly for the good.

Give him time, that is what we did anyway, and he sings and talks fine now, is really quite creative sometimes and is his own little man, has his own mind and stands up for what he believes.. Firmly.

I kind of like that actually.

Carolyn in Oregon

Diagnosis

Hi I'm new to the group and was hoping someone has a child similar to mine. Trying to figure out why he is delayed has been such a challenge.he is 3 1/2 years old and has been with Early Steps and Fiddlr. All of his therapists that he worked with as well as his pre-school teacher say that they don't feel that he is autistic or even on the spectrum...though his teacher did feel that he probably has Sensory Processing Disorder, though only slight.My question is what can it be if not autism? He is 2 years behind in his language. He is also pretty delayed with fine and gross motor skills. He has social issues...shuts down in unfamiliar settings, and just recently started screaming when someone he doesn't know says hello. His coloring is way behind...all he can do is scribble.Basically he is like a 2 year old even though he is almost 4.He does have great eye contact, has real connections with people,and his comprehension and

language is getting better every day. Though, way behind, he seems very intelligent.Sound familiar to anyone? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Access 7 Mail on your mobile. Anytime. Anywhere. Show me how.

1 of 1 Photo(s)

Guest guest

Getting a diagnosis can be difficult. We always knew there was

something different about our son. We started in Birth To Three at 8

weeks. He was in special needs pre school. He was seen at Yale when he

was 2 1/2. And still no one could pinpoint it. I kept asking people if

he was autistic and got no, no, no (no he makes good eye contact, no

he's social, no this, no that.) We didn't get his official diagnosis

(High Functioning Autism, ADHD, CAPD) until he was nearly 8 years old.

Aspergers Syndrome and High Functioning Autism are harder to diagnose

and it usually happens at an older age. (the basic difference between

the two, btw, is if there was speech delay). If your gut tells you

that something is going on, something probably is. Getting the diagnose

may take longer. Has he had a full neuro-psych exam? BTW, my son has

some very high peaks, and some valleys. His IQ is hard to score because

of his attention issues,but he basically runs the gamut from around

basic skills at 110 to 136 (in language), which is gifted.

BTW, my son scribbled until well into first grade--he just did not care

about coloring. By 2nd grade he was drawing paneled comic strips. Go

figure.

If it's Aspergers/HFA (and it sounds possible) you probably won't be

able to get a firm diagnosis quite yet. But stick with it--your gut

tells you the truth. Fortunately we were getting services all along,

even though we could not get the label. For that I am grateful.

Marilyn

-----

Original Message -----

marcis44

To:

Autism and Aspergers Treatment

Sent:

Wednesday, July 08, 2009 4:08 PM

Subject:

Diagnosis

Hi I'm new to the group and was hoping someone has a child

similar to mine. Trying to figure out why he is delayed has been such a

challenge.

he is 3 1/2 years old and has been with Early Steps and Fiddlr. All of

his therapists that he worked with as well as his pre-school teacher

say that they don't feel that he is autistic or even on the

spectrum...though his teacher did feel that he probably has Sensory

Processing Disorder, though only slight.

My question is what can it be if not autism? He is 2 years behind in

his language. He is also pretty delayed with fine and gross motor

skills. He has social issues...shuts down in unfamiliar settings, and

just recently started screaming when someone he doesn't know says

hello. His coloring is way behind...all he can do is scribble.

Basically he is like a 2 year old even though he is almost 4.

He does have great eye contact, has real connections with people,and

his comprehension and language is getting better every day. Though, way

behind, he seems very intelligent.

Sound familiar to anyone? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Guest guest

Getting a diagnosis can be difficult. We always knew there was

something different about our son. We started in Birth To Three at 8

weeks. He was in special needs pre school. He was seen at Yale when he

was 2 1/2. And still no one could pinpoint it. I kept asking people if

he was autistic and got no, no, no (no he makes good eye contact, no

he's social, no this, no that.) We didn't get his official diagnosis

(High Functioning Autism, ADHD, CAPD) until he was nearly 8 years old.

Aspergers Syndrome and High Functioning Autism are harder to diagnose

and it usually happens at an older age. (the basic difference between

the two, btw, is if there was speech delay). If your gut tells you

that something is going on, something probably is. Getting the diagnose

may take longer. Has he had a full neuro-psych exam? BTW, my son has

some very high peaks, and some valleys. His IQ is hard to score because

of his attention issues,but he basically runs the gamut from around

basic skills at 110 to 136 (in language), which is gifted.

BTW, my son scribbled until well into first grade--he just did not care

about coloring. By 2nd grade he was drawing paneled comic strips. Go

figure.

If it's Aspergers/HFA (and it sounds possible) you probably won't be

able to get a firm diagnosis quite yet. But stick with it--your gut

tells you the truth. Fortunately we were getting services all along,

even though we could not get the label. For that I am grateful.

Marilyn

-----

Original Message -----

marcis44

To:

Autism and Aspergers Treatment

Sent:

Wednesday, July 08, 2009 4:08 PM

Subject:

Diagnosis

Hi I'm new to the group and was hoping someone has a child

similar to mine. Trying to figure out why he is delayed has been such a

challenge.

he is 3 1/2 years old and has been with Early Steps and Fiddlr. All of

his therapists that he worked with as well as his pre-school teacher

say that they don't feel that he is autistic or even on the

spectrum...though his teacher did feel that he probably has Sensory

Processing Disorder, though only slight.

My question is what can it be if not autism? He is 2 years behind in

his language. He is also pretty delayed with fine and gross motor

skills. He has social issues...shuts down in unfamiliar settings, and

just recently started screaming when someone he doesn't know says

hello. His coloring is way behind...all he can do is scribble.

Basically he is like a 2 year old even though he is almost 4.

He does have great eye contact, has real connections with people,and

his comprehension and language is getting better every day. Though, way

behind, he seems very intelligent.

Sound familiar to anyone? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Guest guest

Yes it does. My daughter is 4 she can not talk. My daughter was the same way

your son is.The peds doctor delayed everything for my daughter. I told him she

is not walking at her normal age group.He pushed it away she will walk he

said.Ok 3 years had passed she was barley walking. I asked him the same

questions all parents asked is it Autism. No she just a slow learner. Well I new

that my other daughter that is 8 walked,talked,feeding her self as well as potty

trained by 24 mths. Well I did research on my own got

phy.appointments,therpy,and well my dignoise was right she is Autism. Now my

daughter is delayed on everything she can not talk,she can't feed her self,she

is 24 hour total care. Which Ithink all of this could had been caught early

instead of late. So the way you describe your son sounds like the same way my

daughter is. Do some research get your own appointment with peds that specizle

in this disabilty. You might be sursprised to learn that you over corrected the

doctor.

In Autism and Aspergers Treatment , " marcis44 " <marcis44@...> wrote:

>

> Hi I'm new to the group and was hoping someone has a child similar to mine.

Trying to figure out why he is delayed has been such a challenge.

>

> he is 3 1/2 years old and has been with Early Steps and Fiddlr. All of his

therapists that he worked with as well as his pre-school teacher say that they

don't feel that he is autistic or even on the spectrum...though his teacher did

feel that he probably has Sensory Processing Disorder, though only slight.

>

> My question is what can it be if not autism? He is 2 years behind in his

language. He is also pretty delayed with fine and gross motor skills. He has

social issues...shuts down in unfamiliar settings, and just recently started

screaming when someone he doesn't know says hello. His coloring is way

behind...all he can do is scribble.

> Basically he is like a 2 year old even though he is almost 4.

> He does have great eye contact, has real connections with people,and his

comprehension and language is getting better every day. Though, way behind, he

seems very intelligent.

>

> Sound familiar to anyone? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

>

Guest guest

This sound like your grandson just had some delays.He sounds to me like he is pretty much like the average curious child with some dynamics. I've seen some little ones in the preschool that had some strange fears and outgrew their fears. I'm so glad your grandson is well now.

From: Carolyn <charper777@...>Autism and Aspergers Treatment Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:23:07 PMSubject: Re: Diagnosis

Hi, I have a little grandson who was kind of slow getting started. When he was in his 3 year class he did not speak very clearly or very well. Now that he is almost 5 though, next week, he speaks very well. My daughter never did agree to getting him evaluated because we figured he was shy and would catch up in time and didn't want him labeled. His first teacher was very pushy and wouldn't shut up about it and was kind of irritating.

He isn't too good at coloring yet but can write his name Lucas, figure he will grow in his skills to write and color. He gets along o.k. with other children now, used to be too shy to play with them.

He does have some odd quirks though, he is IN LOVE with trees for instance, when we go out he wants to walk up and touch trees, just insists, and here in my house he takes all my plants, I have quite a few fake plants, ferns and such and he likes to line them up on the counter and just look at them. He is also deathly afraid of spiders again, did this once before and absolutely refuses to go on the swing set outside. However he used to be terribly afraid of water, screamed bloody murder in the tub as the water went in, and even sitting in it he would shriek at hair in the water, etc. but now he goes in the big kids pool and bounds around up to his neck and doesn't have a worry, even if there are sometimes bugs in there.

Used to he absolutely REFUSED to go in the door of the public pool, would have nothing to do with it, was really hysterical, but now he goes right in and swims away with the other kids, well bobs around, can't swim yet. At any rate he is a smart little kid, very alert and observant, just a little different we think, not sure for the good or the bad yet, think mostly for the good.

Give him time, that is what we did anyway, and he sings and talks fine now, is really quite creative sometimes and is his own little man, has his own mind and stands up for what he believes. Firmly.

I kind of like that actually.

Carolyn in Oregon

Diagnosis

Hi I'm new to the group and was hoping someone has a child similar to mine. Trying to figure out why he is delayed has been such a challenge.he is 3 1/2 years old and has been with Early Steps and Fiddlr. All of his therapists that he worked with as well as his pre-school teacher say that they don't feel that he is autistic or even on the spectrum...though his teacher did feel that he probably has Sensory Processing Disorder, though only slight.My question is what can it be if not autism? He is 2 years behind in his language. He is also pretty delayed with fine and gross motor skills. He has social issues...shuts down in unfamiliar settings, and just recently started screaming when someone he doesn't know says hello. His coloring is way behind...all he can do is scribble.Basically he is like a 2 year old even though he is almost 4.He does have great eye contact, has real connections with people,and his comprehension and

language is getting better every day. Though, way behind, he seems very intelligent.Sound familiar to anyone? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Guest guest

Marie

That is who diagnosed our son the ped neurologist. Our pediatrician suspected it but sent us to the neurologist for a check see. He ran a ton of blood tests to rule out a bunch of things but he had 7 of the 12 characteristics of Autism. Wish I knew where that list was I had it once but in my now old age I can't find anything.

Sharon

From: marie_elaine1357 <marie_elaine1357@...>Subject: Diagnosisautism Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 11:39 AM

Can a neurologist diagnose autism? We just saw one for my daughter (2) for delays to see if she had a neurological problem. He said no, her delays were from neglect when she was in the orphanage. I adopted her from Vietnam when she was 10 months old. We are going back in November because he ordered a CT of her head to see if her sutures are still open because her forehead is narrow. He said it's purely a cosmetic thing. He didn't say anything about her having autism. We have an appointment with a developmental pediatrician in Dec. to see if she has autism. This doctor is 2 hours away and I'm wondering if I could just ask the neurologist next time we go and cancel the appt with the dev. ped. By the way, her regular pediatrician never raised this concern, it was her physical therapist.Marie

Guest guest

Marie a nuerologist can diagnose autism but I would still get a second opinion. Our first diagnosis came from a neuro. He said Caleb did not have autism. To make a long story short he told me Caleb would be in prison by the age of 18. We got a second opinion from a psychologist. His diagnosis is severly autistic with characteristics of asperger's. Go with your gut feeling.Sent from my iPhoneGwen HebertOn Sep 30, 2009, at 11:39 AM, "marie_elaine1357" <marie_elaine1357@...> wrote:

Can a neurologist diagnose autism? We just saw one for my daughter (2) for delays to see if she had a neurological problem. He said no, her delays were from neglect when she was in the orphanage. I adopted her from Vietnam when she was 10 months old. We are going back in November because he ordered a CT of her head to see if her sutures are still open because her forehead is narrow. He said it's purely a cosmetic thing. He didn't say anything about her having autism. We have an appointment with a developmental pediatrician in Dec. to see if she has autism. This doctor is 2 hours away and I'm wondering if I could just ask the neurologist next time we go and cancel the appt with the dev. ped. By the way, her regular pediatrician never raised this concern, it was her physical therapist.

Marie

Guest guest

Marie a nuerologist can diagnose autism but I would still get a second opinion. Our first diagnosis came from a neuro. He said Caleb did not have autism. To make a long story short he told me Caleb would be in prison by the age of 18. We got a second opinion from a psychologist. His diagnosis is severly autistic with characteristics of asperger's. Go with your gut feeling.Sent from my iPhoneGwen HebertOn Sep 30, 2009, at 11:39 AM, "marie_elaine1357" <marie_elaine1357@...> wrote:

Can a neurologist diagnose autism? We just saw one for my daughter (2) for delays to see if she had a neurological problem. He said no, her delays were from neglect when she was in the orphanage. I adopted her from Vietnam when she was 10 months old. We are going back in November because he ordered a CT of her head to see if her sutures are still open because her forehead is narrow. He said it's purely a cosmetic thing. He didn't say anything about her having autism. We have an appointment with a developmental pediatrician in Dec. to see if she has autism. This doctor is 2 hours away and I'm wondering if I could just ask the neurologist next time we go and cancel the appt with the dev. ped. By the way, her regular pediatrician never raised this concern, it was her physical therapist.

Marie

Guest guest

Gwen,

Sorry we didn't do cards from the boys.. please wish Caleb a happy Birthday from Devin... Are you doing anything special for him..

we are having a small family party tomorrow for Devin...

Lesley

-- Re: Diagnosis

Marie a nuerologist can diagnose autism but I would still get a second opinion. Our first diagnosis came from a neuro. He said Caleb did not have autism. To make a long story short he told me Caleb would be in prison by the age of 18. We got a second opinion from a psychologist. His diagnosis is severly autistic with characteristics of asperger's. Go with your gut feeling.Sent from my iPhone

Gwen Hebert

On Sep 30, 2009, at 11:39 AM, "marie_elaine1357" <marie_elaine1357 > wrote:

Can a neurologist diagnose autism? We just saw one for my daughter (2) for delays to see if she had a neurological problem. He said no, her delays were from neglect when she was in the orphanage. I adopted her from Vietnam when she was 10 months old. We are going back in November because he ordered a CT of her head to see if her sutures are still open because her forehead is narrow. He said it's purely a cosmetic thing. He didn't say anything about her having autism. We have an appointment with a developmental pediatrician in Dec. to see if she has autism. This doctor is 2 hours away and I'm wondering if I could just ask the neurologist next time we go and cancel the appt with the dev. ped. By the way, her regular pediatrician never raised this concern, it was her physical therapist.Marie

Guest guest

We are giving Caleb a party on Saturday family only. Tell Devin we said happy birthday. Enjoy y'all party.Sent from my iPhoneGwen HebertOn Sep 30, 2009, at 6:52 PM, "lesley hicks" <lesley_hcks@...> wrote:

Gwen,

Sorry we didn't do cards from the boys.. please wish Caleb a happy Birthday from Devin... Are you doing anything special for him..

Lesley

Marie a nuerologist can diagnose autism but I would still get a second opinion. Our first diagnosis came from a neuro. He said Caleb did not have autism. To make a long story short he told me Caleb would be in prison by the age of 18. We got a second opinion from a psychologist. His diagnosis is severly autistic with characteristics of asperger's. Go with your gut feeling.Sent from my iPhone

Gwen Hebert

Guest guest

We are giving Caleb a party on Saturday family only. Tell Devin we said happy birthday. Enjoy y'all party.Sent from my iPhoneGwen HebertOn Sep 30, 2009, at 6:52 PM, "lesley hicks" <lesley_hcks@...> wrote:

Gwen,

Lesley

Gwen Hebert

Guest guest

My son's doctor always told me any delays were due to the fact he was born 5 weeks premature. We got ours from a psychologist. The pedatric neurologist we saw tested for fragile X and chromosome abnormalities. Ours did not test for autism, but did confirm a lot of son's behaviors as being from his autism. Hope this helps. Muriel

From: marie_elaine1357 <marie_elaine1357@...>Subject: Diagnosisautism Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 4:39 PM

Guest guest

A neurologist can, but usually will not, but rather diagnose as encephalopathy (prognosis being that of Autism) --- A dev. Ped. will diagnose...hope this helps...I'm late, so you may already have the answer. LOL

e

From: marie_elaine1357 <marie_elaine1357@...>autism Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:39:03 AMSubject: Diagnosis

Guest guest

opps forgot...yes our neurologist did all the chromosome tests, MRI, etc...it's a good thing to rule out or in....

e

From: Muriel Gonce <muriel.gonce@...>autism Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 9:27:59 PMSubject: Re: Diagnosis

My son's doctor always told me any delays were due to the fact he was born 5 weeks premature. We got ours from a psychologist. The pedatric neurologist we saw tested for fragile X and chromosome abnormalities. Ours did not test for autism, but did confirm a lot of son's behaviors as being from his autism. Hope this helps. Muriel

From: marie_elaine1357 <marie_elaine1357@ ..com>Subject: DiagnosisAutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 4:39 PM

Guest guest

opps forgot...yes our neurologist did all the chromosome tests, MRI, etc...it's a good thing to rule out or in....

e

From: Muriel Gonce <muriel.gonce@...>autism Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 9:27:59 PMSubject: Re: Diagnosis

From: marie_elaine1357 <marie_elaine1357@ ..com>Subject: DiagnosisAutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 4:39 PM

Guest guest

hi..plz help me with this question A 60 year old female attends your surgery complaining of soreness affecting her gingivae. No other area of her oral mucosa is affected, she has no skin lesions and other mucosal surfacesdo not appear to be affected. She is fit and well and is not taking any medication. On examination intra-orally a desquamative gingivitis is present. Your differential diagnosis lies between

lichen planus and mucous membrane pemphigoid. You carry out an incision biopsy and send the fresh tissue to the laboratory without putting it into formalin. What procedure, performed on sections of fresh frozen tissue, do you expect the histopathology department to perform in addition to conventional staining with haemotoxylin and eosin? A. Indirect immunofluorescence B. Direct immunofluorescence C. Papanicolaou (PAP) staining D. Periodic acid Schiff (PAS) staining E. Immunoperoxidase staining

Guest guest

HIITS BSCULLYBEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Shipra Bapna <bapnashipra@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 23:21 Subject: DIAGNOSIS

hi..plz help me with this question A 60 year old female attends your surgery complaining of soreness affecting her gingivae. No other area of her oral mucosa is affected, she has no skin lesions and other mucosal surfacesdo not appear to be affected. She is fit and well and is not taking any medication. On examination intra-orally a desquamative gingivitis is present. Your differential diagnosis lies between

lichen planus and mucous membrane pemphigoid. You carry out an incision biopsy and send the fresh tissue to the laboratory without putting it into formalin. What procedure, performed on sections of fresh frozen tissue, do you expect the histopathology department to perform in addition to conventional staining with haemotoxylin and eosin? A. Indirect immunofluorescence B. Direct immunofluorescence C. Papanicolaou (PAP) staining D. Periodic acid Schiff (PAS) staining E. Immunoperoxidase staining