RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

few questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello All, Percentage of people without decay between 10 to 12 years old in 2003 ?Percentage of tooth loss ( wear) in 2003? Cancer, referral in how many days should be seen in secondary care ?RegardsDivi

Guest guest

2) is Duraphat

anyone know what the answer to 1 and 3 is?

I know that 0.5% is the incidence of lingual nerve injury during impaction xla,

but don't know duration.

>

> Hi,

>

> Could you possibly try answering the following:

>

> 1) which antifungal drug is contraindicated with diazepam?

>

> 2) Which fluoride varnish can aggravate the effects of ANUG?

>

> 3) parasthesia of lingual nerve lasts for how many months in majority of

cases?

>

> Much appreciated!

>

> Risha

>

Guest guest

HI 1 ALL AZOLE GROUP ANTIFUNGAL SINCE THEY ARE ENZYME INHIBITORS BUT MAINLY THE SYSTEMIC GROUP ( FLOUCONAOLE, KETOCONAZOLE, ITRACONAZOLE)2. duraphate is it bec of its concentration ???????? i thought all topical flourides should be avoided bec they will cause toxicity(( could u please mention the reference))))) 3. according to master the nerve injury iis either temporary and lasts for 4-6 month or perment temporary occurs in 0-23% , perment in 0-2% BEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: <o_raafat@...> Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 1:50 Subject: Re: few questions

2) is Duraphat

I know that 0.5% is the incidence of lingual nerve injury during impaction xla, but don't know duration.

>

> Hi,

>

>

>

>

> 3) parasthesia of lingual nerve lasts for how many months in majority of cases?

>

> Much appreciated!

>

> Risha

>

Guest guest

Hi I think flucanazole as it interacts with anticonvulsant and enhance it 's effect.and diazepam act as anticonvulsant.correct me if wrong. From: <o_raafat@...> Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012 1:50 AM Subject: Re: few questions

2) is Duraphat

I know that 0.5% is the incidence of lingual nerve injury during impaction xla, but don't know duration.

>

> Hi,

>

>

>

>

> 3) parasthesia of lingual nerve lasts for how many months in majority of cases?

>

> Much appreciated!

>

> Risha

>

Guest guest

2.Given in oral prescribing pdf.it causes colophony and children with history of allergy incl asthma should not be provided with varnish, From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012 2:04 AM Subject: Re: Re: few questions

HI 1 ALL AZOLE GROUP ANTIFUNGAL SINCE THEY ARE ENZYME INHIBITORS BUT MAINLY THE SYSTEMIC GROUP ( FLOUCONAOLE, KETOCONAZOLE, ITRACONAZOLE)2. duraphate is it bec of its concentration ???????? i thought all topical flourides should be avoided bec they will cause toxicity(( could u please mention the reference))))) 3. according to master the nerve injury iis either temporary and lasts for 4-6 month or perment temporary occurs in 0-23% , perment in 0-2% BEST

REGARDSEBTISAM From: <o_raafat@...> Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 1:50 Subject: Re: few questions

2) is Duraphat

>

> Hi,

>

>

>

>

>

> Much appreciated!

>

> Risha

>

Guest guest

thank you Ebtisam.

from the delivering better oral health pdf.

The use of Duraphat is contraindicated

in patients with ulcerative gingivitis and

stomatitis. There is a very small risk of allergy

to one component of Duraphat (colophony),

so for children who have a history of allergic

episodes requiring hospital admission, including

asthma, varnish application is contraindicated.

do you have that file?

> >

> > Hi,

> >

> > Could you possibly try answering the following:

> >

> > 1) which antifungal drug is contraindicated with diazepam?

> >

> > 2) Which fluoride varnish can aggravate the effects of ANUG?

> >

> > 3) parasthesia of lingual nerve lasts for how many months in majority of

cases?

> >

> > Much appreciated!

> >

> > Risha

> >

>

Guest guest

YES KANIKABUT THAT`S WHY ITS CI IN ASTHMAIT DOEN`T EXPLAIN WHY ITS CI IN ANUG From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " "

< > Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 2:16 Subject: Re: Re: few questions

2.Given in oral prescribing pdf.it causes colophony and children with history of allergy incl asthma should not be provided with varnish, From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012 2:04 AM Subject: Re: Re: few questions

HI 1 ALL AZOLE GROUP ANTIFUNGAL SINCE THEY ARE ENZYME INHIBITORS BUT MAINLY THE SYSTEMIC GROUP ( FLOUCONAOLE, KETOCONAZOLE, ITRACONAZOLE)2. duraphate is it bec of its concentration ???????? i thought all topical flourides should be avoided bec they will cause toxicity(( could u please mention the reference))))) 3. according to master the nerve injury iis either temporary and lasts for 4-6 month or perment temporary occurs in 0-23% , perment in 0-2% BEST

REGARDSEBTISAM From: <o_raafat@...> Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 1:50 Subject: Re: few questions

2) is Duraphat

>

> Hi,

>

>

>

>

>

> Much appreciated!

>

> Risha

>

Guest guest

3) 4-6 months ( skully ) On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 1:50 AM, <o_raafat@...> wrote:

2) is Duraphat

>

> Hi,

>

>

>

>

>

> Much appreciated!

>

> Risha

>

-- Dr Sualeh Khan

Guest guest

actually flouride varnish can move into blood stream and cause flouride toxicity because it can reach into the blood through puched out ulcers.And think too much dear.Its given and just believe it. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012 2:21 AM Subject: Re: Re: few questions

YES KANIKABUT THAT`S WHY ITS CI IN ASTHMAIT DOEN`T EXPLAIN WHY ITS CI IN ANUG From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " "

< > Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 2:16 Subject: Re: Re: few questions

2) is Duraphat

>

> Hi,

>

>

>

>

>

> Much appreciated!

>

> Risha

>

Guest guest

Thanks all for the answers! Hence, 1) Fluconazole(other azoles) C/I with epam 2) Duraphat C/I in ANUG 3) Lingal nerve parasthesia for 4-6 months (approx.). (Condition to the options given).I have few more questions:1) Development of parotid glands begin in utero at what month?2) Should fluoride varnish be applied 2 times /yearly or 3-4 times/year or does it varies for diff age groups (acc to delivering better oral health 2009, both the options are given on Pg 43) 3) Wanted to verify, for children under 6 yrs- 1000 ppm toothpaste, and above 6 yrs- is it 1350 ppm???? what is the exact range? (normal not high

caries group)4) where to read epidemiological surveys from?5) How many deaths caused in UK due to oral cancer? is it 1700 or are there any new stats?6) percentage of children getting caries after application of sealants?Best,Risha From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> To:

" " < > Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 2:16 AM Subject: Re: Re: few questions

2) is Duraphat

>

> Hi,

>

>

>

>

>

> Much appreciated!

>

> Risha

>

Guest guest

Found the ans for Q 3

− Under 3 years old: use a small smear of paste containing not less

than 1000 ppm fluoride

− 3–6 years inclusive: use a pea-sized amount of paste

containing not less than 1000 ppm fluoride

− 7 years old or over: use paste containing 1350–1500 ppm fluorideBwRisha From: Risha Hussain <drrishahussain@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 11:29 AM Subject: Re: Re: few questions

Thanks all for the answers! Hence, 1) Fluconazole(other azoles) C/I with epam 2) Duraphat C/I in ANUG 3) Lingal nerve parasthesia for 4-6 months (approx.). (Condition to the options given).I have few more questions:1) Development of parotid glands begin in utero at what month?2) Should fluoride varnish be applied 2 times /yearly or 3-4 times/year or does it varies for diff age groups (acc to delivering better oral health 2009, both the options are given on Pg 43) 3) Wanted to verify, for children under 6 yrs- 1000 ppm toothpaste, and above 6 yrs- is it 1350 ppm???? what is the exact range? (normal not high

caries group)4) where to read epidemiological surveys from?5) How many deaths caused in UK due to oral cancer? is it 1700 or are there any new stats?6) percentage of children getting caries after application of sealants?Best,Risha From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> To:

" " < > Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 2:16 AM Subject: Re: Re: few questions

2) is Duraphat

>

> Hi,

>

>

>

>

>

> Much appreciated!

>

> Risha

>

Guest guest

thanks omar for the clarification

> > >

> > > Hi,

> > >

> > > Could you possibly try answering the following:

> > >

> > > 1) which antifungal drug is contraindicated with diazepam?

> > >

> > > 2) Which fluoride varnish can aggravate the effects of ANUG?

> > >

> > > 3) parasthesia of lingual nerve lasts for how many months in majority of

cases?

> > >

> > > Much appreciated!

> > >

> > > Risha

> > >

> >

>