meds

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Shar

My mother has been using  Glucosaminefor years now and swears by it . she buys

hers over the counter. she started taking it before her hip replacment and has

kept at it and says it has helped her greatly. I have been getting my wife to

also try it and so far nothing . most say it takes a few weeks to feel any

change so do not be in to big of a rush. but as with any thing to do with stills

what works for one may not for any one other that the natur of this best we deal

with and hate

hugs

the  rednecks

Marty & G.

the redneck's my space http://www.myspace.com/martyg58

To learn about Stills Disease  http://www.stillsdisease.org/stills_info

For conservitive minded people  http://www.americac2c.org " If  we ever forget

that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone  under. " ~

Reagan

In the old days a man who saved money was a miser; nowadays he's a wonder. 

~Author Unknown

A nation can survive its fools and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive

treason from within.~Cicero

" The  most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the

government  and I'm here to help. "    ~  Reagan 

Guest guest

Shar

change so do not be in to big of a rush. but as with any thing to do with stills

what works for one may not for any one other that the natur of this best we deal

with and hate

hugs

the  rednecks

Marty & G.

Reagan

~Author Unknown

Guest guest

Thanks Marty, Do you know why your mother is taking it?

To: Stillsdisease

Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:17:46 AM

Subject: Re: Meds

Shar

with and hate

hugs

the  rednecks

Marty & G.

the redneck's my space http://www.myspace. com/martyg58

To learn about Stills Disease  http://www.stillsdi sease.org/ stills_info

For conservitive minded people  http://www.americac 2c.org " If  we ever forget

Reagan

~Author Unknown

" The  most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government

and I'm here to help. "    ~  Reagan 

Guest guest

Thanks Marty, Do you know why your mother is taking it?

To: Stillsdisease

Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:17:46 AM

Subject: Re: Meds

Shar

with and hate

hugs

the  rednecks

Marty & G.

the redneck's my space http://www.myspace. com/martyg58

To learn about Stills Disease  http://www.stillsdi sease.org/ stills_info

For conservitive minded people  http://www.americac 2c.org " If  we ever forget

Reagan

~Author Unknown

" The  most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government

and I'm here to help. "    ~  Reagan 

Guest guest

Sharlene,

I have been taking Celebrex as a replacement for my Indomethacine for about the

last 3 months. It seems to be working fairly well for general inflammation and

joint pain although not as well as the Indo but gentler on my stomach. Hope it

gives some relief and sooner than later!!!

Lori

Guest guest

Shar

she takes it for her hips . She still has one that is bad and should be

replaced but she is holding off because it is not giveing her any troubles . but

thats all I realy know sorry

the  rednecks

Marty & G.

Reagan

~Author Unknown

Guest guest

Hi Kim, I can only speak to my own situation,but with my son, he has always had problems focusing which caused huge delays in his academic progress and quite a lot of damage to his self-esteem. Just this past year he was diagnosed with ADD in addition to his Aspergers. After a lot of soul-searching, we started a medication for the ADD. It has helped him tremendously. Before the medication, he could read a few pages of text and then minutes later when asked, he had absolutely no idea what he had just read. This has turned around completely and his reading comprehension is at a 6th grade level (his current grade, we're so thrilled with that). I was always very uneasy about giving him medications of any kind, but I'm glad I did. As a side note concerning anxiety, interestingly enough, even though his medication is specifically for ADD, just being able to focus and have a somewhat clearer mind has seemed to decrease his anxiety significantly. We were also very lucky to find a child psychiatrist who has had a lot of experience with Aspergers/ASD kids. We also give Christian clonidine at night for his sleep issues and that has improved things even further. Who in the world (autistic or not) can focus well when they're sleep-deprived? Just to clarify, this is just my own situation/experience. I'm not in any way trying to push you towards medication or not. It truly is a personal decision for each parent and the meds seem to work for some kids and not others. I hope you find a solution and that things get easier for you and your son. It's really tough, but I wish you the best of luck in finding what is right for your son. Meds

Hi,My 8 year old son was just diagnosed with Aspergers in October of 2010. It has truly been a learning experience. He has emotional ups and downs (mostly downs). He rages and has meltdowns on a daily basis. We always had minor problems with him focusing. About 3 weeks ago, our dog died and it coincided with the time change. Since that time, he has gotten so much worse with his ability to focus. He can't even stay on task to get dressed! He is not having behavioral problems at school and he is not violent. He really is such a good-hearted little man. I just wondered how many of you have used medications and what kinds? Do I work on the anxiety he seems to be under, the lack of focus or the trouble that he has falling asleep? Any

experience or comment is appreciated!Kim

Guest guest

Thanks for your input . I just needed to hear someone's experience. I just found this group and you all seem so helpful to one another. Thank you!! My husband had hoped the same thing, that helping him focus would alleviate some anxiety. I will keep you posted. We are going to the doc on Tuesday. His pediatrician is willing to start him off and work from there.Kim From: Bergman <bergmcj@...>Autism and Aspergers Treatment Sent: Wed, March 23, 2011 11:43:14 PMSubject: Re: Meds

Hi Kim, I can only speak to my own situation,but with my son, he has always had problems focusing which caused huge delays in his academic progress and quite a lot of damage to his self-esteem. Just this past year he was diagnosed with ADD in addition to his Aspergers. After a lot of soul-searching, we started a medication for the ADD. It has helped him tremendously. Before the medication, he could read a few pages of text and then minutes later when asked, he had absolutely no idea what he had just read. This has turned around completely and his reading comprehension is at a 6th grade level (his current grade, we're so thrilled with that). I was always very uneasy about giving him medications of any kind, but I'm glad I did. As a side note concerning anxiety, interestingly enough, even though his medication is

specifically for ADD, just being able to focus and have a somewhat clearer mind has seemed to decrease his anxiety significantly. Meds

Hi,My 8 year old son was just diagnosed with Aspergers in October of 2010. It has truly been a learning experience. He has emotional ups and downs (mostly downs). He rages and has meltdowns on a daily basis. We always had minor problems with him focusing. About 3 weeks ago, our dog died and it coincided with the time change. Since that time, he has gotten so much worse with his ability to focus. He can't even stay on task to get dressed! He is not having behavioral problems at school and he is not violent. He really is such a good-hearted little man. I just wondered how many of you have used medications and what kinds? Do I work on the anxiety he seems to be under, the lack of focus or the trouble that he has falling asleep? Any

experience or comment is appreciated!Kim

Guest guest

Kim,

I homeschool my son, and he has also had a hard time focusing, and has had several meltdowns a day. I have just recently started having him do some sensory exercises in the morning before we do school. And it has helped ALOT! I have him bounce up and down on one of those yoga balance balls, we do jumping jacks, and there are more exercises u can do too that can help with focus and sensory issues.

I was told that it helps to better connect the wires in the brain, helps them focus, and less meltdowns. I also have him sit on his balance ball while we do school, and he is now focusing much better. I don't know if something like that would help you, but you could try it. I also recommend reading " The Out of Sync Child " . I just started reading it, and it is a sensory book, but it covers a lot that might help with the focusing issue. It also has some exercises in it too.

Jenn

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 6:01 AM, Kim Crawford <kimela10@...> wrote:

Thanks for your input .  I just needed to hear someone's experience.  I just found this group and you all seem so helpful to one another.  Thank you!!  My husband had hoped the same thing, that helping him focus would alleviate some anxiety.  I will keep you posted.  We are going to the doc on Tuesday.  His pediatrician is willing to start him off and work from there.

Kim

From: Bergman <bergmcj@...>Autism and Aspergers Treatment

Sent: Wed, March 23, 2011 11:43:14 PMSubject: Re: Meds 

Hi Kim,  I can only speak to my own situation,but with my son, he has always had problems focusing which caused huge delays in his academic progress and quite a lot of damage to his self-esteem.  Just this past year he was diagnosed with ADD in addition to his Aspergers.  After a lot of soul-searching, we started a medication for the ADD.  It has helped him tremendously.  Before the medication, he could read a few pages of text and then minutes later when asked, he had absolutely no idea what he had just read.  This has turned around completely and his reading comprehension is at a 6th grade level (his current grade, we're so thrilled with that).  I was always very uneasy about giving him medications of any kind, but I'm glad I did.  As a side note concerning anxiety, interestingly enough, even though his medication is specifically for ADD, just being able to focus and have a somewhat clearer mind has seemed to decrease his anxiety significantly. 

Meds 

Hi,My 8 year old son was just diagnosed with Aspergers in October of 2010.  It has truly been a learning experience.  He has emotional ups and downs (mostly downs).  He rages and has meltdowns on a daily basis.  We always had minor problems with him focusing.  About 3 weeks ago, our dog died and it coincided with the time change.  Since that time, he has gotten so much worse with his ability to focus.  He can't even stay on task to get dressed!  He is not having behavioral problems at school and he is not violent.  He really is such a good-hearted little man.  I just wondered how many of you have used medications and what kinds?  Do I work on the anxiety he seems to be under, the lack of focus or the trouble that he has falling asleep?  Any experience or comment is appreciated!

Kim

Guest guest

it could be a sort of childhood depression- Aspie kids have a hard time with time cahnges and with emotions. Losing a daog or really a family member to him is a grief process he might not know how to deal with on his own. I would look into greif books at teh library and maybe some counseling. We use melatonin and L-tryptophan to help with sleep as well. Sleep deprivation will mess anyone up. So even just doing that may help. My son is 8 and 55 pnds and is psychiatrist said anywhere from 3mg-9mg of the melatonin was a good dose for him, to start low and work our way up if needed.

From: Kim Crawford <kimela10@...>Autism and Aspergers Treatment Sent: Wed, March 23, 2011 7:34:23 PMSubject: Meds

Hi,My 8 year old son was just diagnosed with Aspergers in October of 2010. It has truly been a learning experience. He has emotional ups and downs (mostly downs). He rages and has meltdowns on a daily basis. We always had minor problems with him focusing. About 3 weeks ago, our dog died and it coincided with the time change. Since that time, he has gotten so much worse with his ability to focus. He can't even stay on task to get dressed! He is not having behavioral problems at school and he is not violent. He really is such a good-hearted little man. I just wondered how many of you have used medications and what kinds? Do I work on the anxiety he seems to be under, the lack of focus or the trouble that he has falling asleep? Any experience or comment is appreciated!Kim

Guest guest

My son is exactly the same. 8 yrs. old and 55 lbs. 14.1 oz as of yesterday :)

From: Jadczak <bjadczak@...>Autism and Aspergers Treatment Sent: Thu, March 24, 2011 10:29:36 AMSubject: Re: Meds

it could be a sort of childhood depression- Aspie kids have a hard time with time cahnges and with emotions. Losing a daog or really a family member to him is a grief process he might not know how to deal with on his own. I would look into greif books at teh library and maybe some counseling. We use melatonin and L-tryptophan to help with sleep as well. Sleep deprivation will mess anyone up. So even just doing that may help. My son is 8 and 55 pnds and is psychiatrist said anywhere from 3mg-9mg of the melatonin was a good dose for him, to start low and work our way up if needed.

From: Kim Crawford <kimela10@...>Autism and Aspergers Treatment Sent: Wed, March 23, 2011 7:34:23 PMSubject: Meds

Hi,My 8 year old son was just diagnosed with Aspergers in October of 2010. It has truly been a learning experience. He has emotional ups and downs (mostly downs). He rages and has meltdowns on a daily basis. We always had minor problems with him focusing. About 3 weeks ago, our dog died and it coincided with the time change. Since that time, he has gotten so much worse with his ability to focus. He can't even stay on task to get dressed! He is not having behavioral problems at school and he is not violent. He really is such a good-hearted little man. I just wondered how many of you have used medications and what kinds? Do I work on the anxiety he seems to be under, the lack of focus or the trouble that he has falling asleep? Any experience or comment is appreciated!Kim

Guest guest

sorry - I have got to stop typing so fast- my spelling is horrid : )

From: R. Tucker <srt12780@...>Autism and Aspergers Treatment Sent: Thu, March 24, 2011 9:35:29 AMSubject: Re: Meds

My son is exactly the same. 8 yrs. old and 55 lbs. 14.1 oz as of yesterday :)

From: Jadczak <bjadczak@...>Autism and Aspergers Treatment Sent: Thu, March 24, 2011 10:29:36 AMSubject: Re: Meds

Guest guest

We are the same. I did not want to resort to meds but feel like it is something that we now have to try. The school is pushing us to try. I just feel like I am giving up on him if I put him on medication Did you feel that way? I have heard from so many people that have this response that I feel better about doing this. It is so strange that the only thing that calms him and he can focus on is books. He can sit and read for hours. Forget about anything else though. I used to let him play video games as a reward but it is too painful for the rest of us to get him to stop playing.Thank you!Kim Thanks!Kim Crawford Avon and Mark Independent Sales Representativehttp://www.youravon.com/kimberlycrawfordUse Code REPFS for free shipping at my Avon site Interested in All-Natural Dogs Treats? I have Maggie May's Apple Bites available for purchase and consumption! Enjoy them along with your favorite

pooch! 732-290-3237 From: and Nicky <andnicky@...>"kimela10@..." <kimela10@...>Sent: Thu, March 24, 2011 1:53:29 PMSubject:

MedsWe started our son on Meds last year after much consideration. We were first totally opposed to medicating but everyone we talked to said he would benefit & we did & we can't tell you how pleased we are with the results. His focus improved & the teachers shared statistics of his progress & how he's changed in the 4th quarter when we started Meds versus the first 3 quarters. He is now 9. Had no major behaviors before mostly focus issues. We see Dr Lee in s Creek & have him on the lowest dose of a drug called Concerta-18 mg.Hope this helps some way!NickySent from my iPhone

Guest guest

We are the same. I did not want to resort to meds but feel like it is something that we now have to try. The school is pushing us to try. I just feel like I am giving up on him if I put him on medication Did you feel that way? I have heard from so many people that have this response that I feel better about doing this. It is so strange that the only thing that calms him and he can focus on is books. He can sit and read for hours. Forget about anything else though. I used to let him play video games as a reward but it is too painful

for the rest of us to get him to stop playing.Thank you!KimFrom: and Nicky <andnicky@...>"kimela10@..." <kimela10@...>Sent: Thu, March 24, 2011 1:53:29 PMSubject:

MedsWe started our son on Meds last year after much consideration. We were first totally opposed to medicating but everyone we talked to said he would benefit & we did & we can't tell you how pleased we are with the results. His focus improved & the teachers shared statistics of his progress & how he's changed in the 4th quarter when we started Meds versus the first 3 quarters. He is now 9. Had no major behaviors before mostly focus issues. We see Dr Lee in s Creek & have him on the lowest dose of a drug called Concerta-18 mg.Hope this helps some way!NickySent from my iPhone

Guest guest

Hi Kim, I totally understand what you're saying about feeling that you're giving up. I think that I felt that I had failed because nothing else we had tried was working and my son was struggling in every aspect of life and miserable. I kept thinking "if only I try harder or we do something different" but we reached a point that we felt we had tried EVERYTHING else and medication was the last resort. It was a really difficult decision but once we started the medication and saw the result (a happier, more focused and calmer kid) I knew that we had made the right choice. Sometimes it takes trying a few different meds (we were lucky and hit the jackpot on the first one) but if you find the right one, it is so worth it. It is, of course, a choice that only your and your husband can make for your son so I'm only sharing our experience, not trying to influence you either way but I hope that you find something that will help your son and improve the quality of life for the whole family (;

Guest guest

Hi Kim,

I am a mental health provider who has struggled for more than 50 years very mild CP and essential tremors, the result of oxygen deprivation at birth. Consequently all my life I struggled with a terrible fogginess but a fear, too, of medication, in particular, stimulants, for fear they would increase my tremors. I have tried training myself with neurofeedback and successfully used it for my aspergers son when he was little but also used medication at the same time to help stabilize his anxiety and anger. Once he was stabilized we were ableto try other thinks such as biofeedback to help him reduce any side effects. Now at 18, he is only on one medication a day rather than 4 and can be more receptive to other interventions with a more engaged brain. That being said, me, his mom, finally gave in and tried Vyvanse at its lowest dose several weeks ago. I'll tell you the truth. I don't want to be dependent on medication but I wish I'd had the courage to take the medication years ago. It might have saved me a marriage and lots of personal heartache. I always advocate trying without if you can, but there is definitely a place for medication if you need it.

Best of luck to you,

Debra Doodkevitch LCSW, ACSW

The Brain Train Center

Las Vegas, Nevada

P.S. By the way, most interesting was that my tremors actually have been less on the medication. I think being more attentive has made me less anxious and that has made me more relaxed, rather than more jittery. Amazing, really.

Re: Re: Meds

Hi Kim,

I totally understand what you're saying about feeling that you're giving up. I think that I felt that I had failed because nothing else we had tried was working and my son was struggling in every aspect of life and miserable. I kept thinking "if only I try harder or we do something different" but we reached a point that we felt we had tried EVERYTHING else and medication was the last resort. It was a really difficult decision but once we started the medication and saw the result (a happier, more focused and calmer kid) I knew that we had made the right choice. Sometimes it takes trying a few different meds (we were lucky and hit the jackpot on the first one) but if you find the right one, it is so worth it.

It is, of course, a choice that only your and your husband can make for your son so I'm only sharing our experience, not trying to influence you either way but I hope that you find something that will help your son and improve the quality of life for the whole family (;

Meds

We started our son on Meds last year after much consideration. We were first totally opposed to medicating but everyone we talked to said he would benefit & we did & we can't tell you how pleased we are with the results. His focus improved & the teachers shared statistics of his progress & how he's changed in the 4th quarter when we started Meds versus the first 3 quarters. He is now 9. Had no major behaviors before mostly focus issues. We see Dr Lee in s Creek & have him on the lowest dose of a drug called Concerta-18 mg.

Hope this helps some way!

Nicky

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

I get so frustrated when Mom's come to me and rant about my child taking medication. Once he finally went on his meds (he has tourettes as well) he was able to focus and adjust so much better. He is in college now and with the help of his psychiatrist was taken off all his meds. Now that he is older he can cope better and function. But that was his decision to make when he turned 18. He begged for help as a small child and was so happy when the meds worked. I think there is a place for medication and some kids do need it. It's great when you can find alternatives that work, but it's horrible to judge someone because they are taking

medication.DebbieFrom: "braintraincenter@..." <braintraincenter@...>Autism and Aspergers Treatment Sent: Thu, March 24, 2011 8:02:12 PMSubject: Re: Re: Meds

Hi Kim,

I am a mental health provider who has struggled for more than 50 years very mild CP and essential tremors, the result of oxygen deprivation at birth. Consequently all my life I struggled with a terrible fogginess but a fear, too, of medication, in particular, stimulants, for fear they would increase my tremors. I have tried training myself with neurofeedback and successfully used it for my aspergers son when he was little but also used medication at the same time to help stabilize his anxiety and anger. Once he was stabilized we were ableto try other thinks such as biofeedback to help him reduce any side effects. Now at 18, he is only on one medication a day rather than 4 and can be more receptive to other interventions with a more engaged brain. That being said, me, his mom, finally gave in and tried Vyvanse at its lowest dose several weeks ago. I'll tell you the truth. I don't want to be dependent on

medication but I wish I'd had the courage to take the medication years ago. It might have saved me a marriage and lots of personal heartache. I always advocate trying without if you can, but there is definitely a place for medication if you need it.

Best of luck to you,

Debra Doodkevitch LCSW, ACSW

The Brain Train Center

Las Vegas, Nevada

P.S. By the way, most interesting was that my tremors actually have been less on the medication. I think being more attentive has made me less anxious and that has made me more relaxed, rather than more jittery. Amazing, really.

Re: Re: Meds

Hi Kim,

I totally understand what you're saying about feeling that you're giving up. I think that I felt that I had failed because nothing else we had tried was working and my son was struggling in every aspect of life and miserable. I kept thinking "if only I try harder or we do something different" but we reached a point that we felt we had tried EVERYTHING else and medication was the last resort. It was a really difficult decision but once we started the medication and saw the result (a happier, more focused and calmer kid) I knew that we had made the right choice. Sometimes it takes trying a few different meds (we were lucky and hit the jackpot on the first one) but if you find the right one, it is so worth it.

It is, of course, a choice that only your and your husband can make for your son so I'm only sharing our experience, not trying to influence you either way but I hope that you find something that will help your son and improve the quality of life for the whole family (;

Meds

We started our son on Meds last year after much consideration. We were first totally opposed to medicating but everyone we talked to said he would benefit & we did & we can't tell you how pleased we are with the results. His focus improved & the teachers shared statistics of his progress & how he's changed in the 4th quarter when we started Meds versus the first 3 quarters. He is now 9. Had no major behaviors before mostly focus issues. We see Dr Lee in s Creek & have him on the lowest dose of a drug called Concerta-18 mg.

Hope this helps some way!

Nicky

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

I am of the mindset personally that while meds shouldn't be the end-all cure-all

to keeping kids " under control " , they can be useful in helping to bring about

positive change.

Our son was put on adhd meds in 1st grade, and I can tell you personally that

when he is not on his meds, he can not function in the classroom. We are having

him diagnosed right now for other problems- I feel very strongly that he has

Asperger's Syndrome in addition to the ADHD, but we have not gotten a diagnosis

yet. The pills certainly come with some side effects, and it is hit and miss-

he's been through every single known ADHD medication over the past 6 years.

We find that they work great at first, then after 4-5 months, the side effects

become greater with him, and we have to change. He's been on some that left him

sleeping for less than 5 hours a night- and totally wired when he was up. Others

have left him with almost no appetite (and he already was a VERY skinny, ribs

and spine showing kid). We even tried the " suggested " ADHD vitamin & supplement

" diet " with him for a year. The poor kid was swallowing like 9 pills every

morning. We never noticed a huge difference in him on the vitamins.

No one should ever tell you your child HAS to be medicated- it boils down to

doing what you feel is comfortable. If you are totally against meds, and don't

want to give them a chance, then it's going to be stressfull to try them, and he

can pick up on that.

If you are open to trying them, go into it armed with the information about the

medications. IE: What is this medication addressing? What are the typical side

effects? At what point do the side effects out weight the helpful benefits?

With I medicate him during the school year, and give him the summer off.

I know that while he can stress me right out, I can handle him. Unfortunatly,

his teachers can not devote the time to handling him like I can, so he's

school-year medicated.

Our youngest daughter is an Aspie with a secondary diagnosis of ADHD as well,

and is on Straterra. I don't see a difference, and I'm not sure the school does,

either. Maybe they do, not sure- they did request when we got the diagnosis and

school services that she start taking the prescribed meds, though. I kept her

off of them during the diagnosis process, so that they could see her as she is,

not changed by medication.

Whatever your decision is, be informed, and be ready to stick to your guns. No

matter what you decide, you WILL find parents, busy bodies, relatives, friends,

co-workers, and more who will have their own beliefs that they want to push on

you. You can't satisfy everyone, so make sure you are doing what you can to

satisfy your child.

Good luck!

>

> Hi,

>

> My 8 year old son was just diagnosed with Aspergers in October of 2010. It

has

> truly been a learning experience. He has emotional ups and downs (mostly

> downs). He rages and has meltdowns on a daily basis. We always had minor

> problems with him focusing. About 3 weeks ago, our dog died and it coincided

> with the time change. Since that time, he has gotten so much worse with his

> ability to focus. He can't even stay on task to get dressed! He is not

having

> behavioral problems at school and he is not violent. He really is such a

> good-hearted little man. I just wondered how many of you have used

medications

> and what kinds? Do I work on the anxiety he seems to be under, the lack of

> focus or the trouble that he has falling asleep? Any experience or comment is

> appreciated!

>

> Kim

>

Guest guest

I couldn't agree more. If you medicate, or if you don't, everyone has something

to say on the topic. It should be a decision made within the home- not the

world.

>

I

> think there is a place for medication and some kids do need it. It's great

when

> you can find alternatives that work, but it's horrible to judge someone

because

> they are taking medication.

> Debbie

Guest guest

I very rarely post anything but do read all the emails when I have time. I have been on Doxy 300 mg for 6 weeks now along with Diflucan once daily and Nystatin 4 times daily. I haven't had crawlies in months. Pin pricks have stopped as well. 2 days into Doxy I felt some burning which I think is herxing. About 2 weeks into Doxy my joints have all been hurting as well as being nauseous and light headed at times. The Doxy did not stop the crawlies for me as that went away before I even went on it. However, it may have stopped the pin pricking. I do have Lyme and possibly had it for 20 years.

Guest guest

Wow Linds... good going! So happy for you. I think what I have going may be partly neurological on my feet, esp. since I do have Type 2 Diabetes. May not be bites at all. But I continue on my meds after a pretty bad few days... doing the same drugs you are doing, but stopped all for a few days, plus did not take my injection of Bicillin. Will resume all today. I'm just so darn happy to hear this Linds. So good to hear good news for a change.rom: "Linds J" <lj_mom11@...>bird mites Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 7:50:16 AMSubject: meds

I very rarely post anything but do read all the emails when I have time. I have been on Doxy 300 mg for 6 weeks now along with Diflucan once daily and Nystatin 4 times daily. I haven't had crawlies in months. Pin pricks have stopped as well. 2 days into Doxy I felt some burning which I think is herxing. About 2 weeks into Doxy my joints have all been hurting as well as being nauseous and light headed at times. The Doxy did not stop the crawlies for me as that went away before I even went on it. However, it may have stopped the pin pricking. I do have Lyme and possibly had it for 20 years.

Guest guest

Hi there

Thats realy good that doxy may have stopped pin pricking.

Do u think ur pin pricks were because of lyme infection n not mites?

My pin prick sensations have got worse recently

Today about thirty mostly big unpleasant sensations soles,of feet

Toes partic second n third toes in both feet

Even one on my arm,two on my legs

Last night they were bad too

Im extremely distressed

As got more agressive with treatment recently

Eg benzyol peroxide ten days all leg hands feet areas

Bathing feet with allsorts every night

And yet its got a lot worse

I am realy upset

Someone else said recently the more they did the worse it got

Do people get more pin pricks when they are herxing?

I recently bought two secondhand wardrobes to put my newly acquired

clothes,bedding into

Sprayed nylar inside

And yet so scared cant bring self to take things outa bin bags to put into

them!!!

I would be delighted mentaly if I knew the pinpricks were lyme or co infections

Because every time im bitten

The thought that its a mite is makin me deeply unhappy!!

------------------------------

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 07:50 PST Linds J wrote:

>I very rarely post anything but do read all the emails when I have time. I have

been on Doxy 300 mg for 6 weeks now along with Diflucan once daily and Nystatin

4 times daily. I haven't had crawlies in months. Pin pricks have stopped as

well. 2 days into Doxy I felt some burning which I think is herxing. About 2

weeks into Doxy my joints have all been hurting as well as being nauseous and

light headed at times. The Doxy did not stop the crawlies for me as that went

away before I even went on it. However, it may have stopped the pin pricking. I

do have Lyme and possibly had it for 20 years.

Guest guest

Hi C! I don't know much about Lyme. Aa answers a lot for me. I wish I knew if it was all Lyme or mites too. I have days where I am fine and other days when I feel horrible. I have had weird symptoms for a big portion of my life. Doctors could never give me answers to anything. They'd medicate me and send me on my way. Now, all those symptoms make sense. Only my doctors told me I would know if I had Lyme as I would have a bulls eye rash and/or I would of gotten really sick right away. Obviously, they know nothing about it. I owe it all to this site especially Aa and for telling me it was Lyme or I may of never known. I hope the pin pricking or the crawling doesn't return but only time will tell. I live in constant worry now. My scalp is worrying me at the

moment. I'm wondering what it is. It does sound like you have Lyme but I totally understand the not having any money part as most everyone does so I know it may be impossible for you to see an LLMD. I also have a bad tummy and the Doxy has not bothered me. I do feel nauseous and light headed at times. Not sure if its the meds or not. I also have changed my diet and do not eat any sweets or gluten anything. I pretty much only eat meat and vegetables. I'm sorry you are having such a tough time. I pray it gets better for you. Sorry I'm not much help as I am still dealing with issues myself.

From: Sad Girl <wherearetheangels@...>bird mites Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 4:25 PMSubject: Re: meds

Hi thereThats realy good that doxy may have stopped pin pricking.Do u think ur pin pricks were because of lyme infection n not mites?My pin prick sensations have got worse recentlyToday about thirty mostly big unpleasant sensations soles,of feetToes partic second n third toes in both feetEven one on my arm,two on my legsLast night they were bad tooIm extremely distressedAs got more agressive with treatment recentlyEg benzyol peroxide ten days all leg hands feet areasBathing feet with allsorts every nightAnd yet its got a lot worseI am realy upsetSomeone else said recently the more they did the worse it gotDo people get more pin pricks when they are herxing?I recently bought two secondhand wardrobes to put my newly acquired clothes,bedding intoSprayed nylar insideAnd yet so scared cant bring self to take things outa bin bags to put into them!!!I would be delighted mentaly

if I knew the pinpricks were lyme or co infectionsBecause every time im bittenThe thought that its a mite is makin me deeply unhappy!!------------------------------On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 07:50 PST Linds J wrote:>I very rarely post anything but do read all the emails when I have time. I have been on Doxy 300 mg for 6 weeks now along with Diflucan once daily and Nystatin 4 times daily. I haven't had crawlies in months. Pin pricks have stopped as well. 2 days into Doxy I felt some burning which I think is herxing. About 2 weeks into Doxy my joints have all been hurting as well as being nauseous and light headed at times. The Doxy did not stop the crawlies for me as that went away before I even went on it. However, it may have stopped the pin pricking. I do have Lyme and possibly had it for 20 years.

Guest guest

It seems we are all in some stage of this... some of us have multiple infections we are trying to cope with besides the Lyme and Bartonella and Babesia... mycoplasma, Candida, etc. The list can go on and on, but it sure helps to hear how everyone else is coping with your stage, your personal struggles. It helps me enormously. How much of this is topical I'll probably never know... Bill seems to think it is a bug and I can't deny there are not bugs because most of us have found some of them. For me, I never found a bug, only fibers and maybe a bug wrapped in a fiber. But it sure is something that infests the house, whether it is a bug or not.Thanks for being there everyone.From: "Linds J" <lj_mom11@...>bird mites Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 3:24:01 PMSubject: Re: meds

Hi C! I don't know much about Lyme. Aa answers a lot for me. I wish I knew if it was all Lyme or mites too. I have days where I am fine and other days when I feel horrible. I have had weird symptoms for a big portion of my life. Doctors could never give me answers to anything. They'd medicate me and send me on my way. Now, all those symptoms make sense. Only my doctors told me I would know if I had Lyme as I would have a bulls eye rash and/or I would of gotten really sick right away. Obviously, they know nothing about it. I owe it all to this site especially Aa and for telling me it was Lyme or I may of never known. I hope the pin pricking or the crawling doesn't return but only time will tell. I live in constant worry now. My scalp is worrying me at the

moment. I'm wondering what it is. It does sound like you have Lyme but I totally understand the not having any money part as most everyone does so I know it may be impossible for you to see an LLMD. I also have a bad tummy and the Doxy has not bothered me. I do feel nauseous and light headed at times. Not sure if its the meds or not. I also have changed my diet and do not eat any sweets or gluten anything. I pretty much only eat meat and vegetables. I'm sorry you are having such a tough time. I pray it gets better for you. Sorry I'm not much help as I am still dealing with issues myself.

From: Sad Girl <wherearetheangels@...>bird mites Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 4:25 PMSubject: Re: meds

Hi thereThats realy good that doxy may have stopped pin pricking.Do u think ur pin pricks were because of lyme infection n not mites?My pin prick sensations have got worse recentlyToday about thirty mostly big unpleasant sensations soles,of feetToes partic second n third toes in both feetEven one on my arm,two on my legsLast night they were bad tooIm extremely distressedAs got more agressive with treatment recentlyEg benzyol peroxide ten days all leg hands feet areasBathing feet with allsorts every nightAnd yet its got a lot worseI am realy upsetSomeone else said recently the more they did the worse it gotDo people get more pin pricks when they are herxing?I recently bought two secondhand wardrobes to put my newly acquired clothes,bedding intoSprayed nylar insideAnd yet so scared cant bring self to take things outa bin bags to put into them!!!I would be delighted mentaly

if I knew the pinpricks were lyme or co infectionsBecause every time im bittenThe thought that its a mite is makin me deeply unhappy!!------------------------------On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 07:50 PST Linds J wrote:>I very rarely post anything but do read all the emails when I have time. I have been on Doxy 300 mg for 6 weeks now along with Diflucan once daily and Nystatin 4 times daily. I haven't had crawlies in months. Pin pricks have stopped as well. 2 days into Doxy I felt some burning which I think is herxing. About 2 weeks into Doxy my joints have all been hurting as well as being nauseous and light headed at times. The Doxy did not stop the crawlies for me as that went away before I even went on it. However, it may have stopped the pin pricking. I do have Lyme and possibly had it for 20 years.

Guest guest

Hi Iike trees

How is everything , good I hope and pray .

The Lord is the healer . Pray hard to Him. He is a very present help in times

of trouble.

Blessed are thee pure in heart for they shall see God.

God bless you I.L.T : )

( Me too I am in the park writing this , then to go jog a mile or 2 )

Bill

ps:

Bible study :

LIST OF DIRECTIVE PROMISES (1st FROM JESUS HIMSELF)

ence.

Cast not away your confidence which has great recompense of reward

GOD IS LOVE

Mat 11:28 Come to Me, all those laboring and being burdened, and I will give you

rest.

Mat 11:29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, because I am meek and lowly

in heart, and you will find rest to your souls.

Mat 25:20-21 And coming up, the one who received five talents brought another

five talents near, saying, Lord, you delivered five talents to me. Behold I

gained another five talents above them. And his lord said to him, Well done,

good and faithful slave. You were faithful over a few things; I will set you

over many. Enter into the joy of your lord.

Tomrrows readings below this line

: ( save some for the future so you know you will be 'transformed' tomorrow

also .

Mat 25:34-35 Then the King will say to those on His right, Come, the blessed of

My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared tor you from the foundation of the

world. For I hungered, and you gave Me food to eat; I thirsted, and you gave Me

drink; I was a stranger, and you took Me in; 40) And answering, the King will

say to them, Truly I say to you, in so far as you did it to one of these, the

least of My brothers, you did it to Me.

1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave authority to become

children of God, to the ones believing into His name,

3:36 The one believing into the Son has everlasting life; but the one

disobeying the son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, the one who hears My word, and believes

the One who has sent Me, has everlasting life, and does not come into judgment,

but has passed out of death into life.

5:29 And they will come out, the ones having done good into a resurrection

of life; and the ones having practiced evil into a resurrection of judgment.

8:12 Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, I am the Light of the world.

The one following Me will in no way walk in the darkness, but will have the

light of life.

8:31-32 Then Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in Him, If you

continue in My logos,

you are truly My disciples. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set

you free.

10:9 I am the door. If anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and

will go in, and will go out, and will find pasture.

10:27-28 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And

I give eternal life to them, and they shall not perish to the age, never! And

not anyone shall pluck them out of My hand.

11:25 Jesus said to her, I am the Resurrection and the Life. The one

believing into Me, though he die, he shall live.

11:26 And everyone living and believing into Me shall not die to the age,

never! Do you believe this?

14:12 Indeed, I tell you truly, the one believing into Me, the works which

I do, that one shall do also, and greater than these he will do, because I go to

My Father.

14:15-16 If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will petition the

Father, and He will give you another Comforter, that He may remain with you to

the age.

14:21 He that has My commandments and keeps them, it is that one who loves

Me; and the ne that loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I shall love him

and will reveal Myself to him.

14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My

word (logos), and My father shall love him. And We will come to him and will

make a dwelling place with him.

15:4 Remain in Me, and I in you. As the branch is not able to bear fruit

of itself, unless it remain in the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in

Me.

15:5 I am the Vine; you are the branches. The one abiding in Me, and I in

him, this one bears much fruit, because apart from Me you are not able to

execute, nothing.

15:7 If you remain in Me, and My Words (rhema) remain in you, whatever you

desire you will ask, and it shall happen to you.

15:10 If you keep My commandments you will continue in My love, as I have

kept my Fathers commandments and continue in His love.

15:13-14 Greater love than this has no one, that anyone should lay down his

soul for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

15:16 You have not chosen Me, but I chose you out and planted you, that you

should go and should bear fruit, and your fruit remain, that whatever you should

ask the Father in My name, He may give you.

Rev 3:10 Because you kept the Word (logos) of My patience, I also will keep you

out of the hour of trial which is going to come on all the habitable world in

order to try those dwelling on the earth.

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock: If anyone hears My voice and

opens the door, I will enter to him, and I will dine with him, and he with Me.

Rev 3:21 The one overcoming, I will give to him to sit with Me in My throne, as

I also overcame and sat with My Father in His throne.

Rev 21:7 The one overcoming will inherit all things, and I will be God to him,

and he will be the son to Me.

Rev 21:14 Blessed are the ones doing His commands, that their authority will be

over the Tree of Life, and by the gates they may enter into the city.

OTHER DIRECTIVE PROMISES

Rom 10:9 Because if you confess the Lord Jesus with your mouth, and believe in

your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Rom 10:11 For the Scripture says, Everyone believing on Him will not be put to

shame.

1 2:24 Then what you heard from the beginning, let it abide in you. If

what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you will abide both in the Son

and in the Father.

------------------------------On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 8:36 AM EST Sad Girl

wrote:>>,>Thanks for being here also

:-)>>>>------------------------------>On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 17:09 PST

Goldstein@... wrote:>>>It seems we are all in some stage of this...

some of us have multiple infections we are trying to cope with besides the Lyme

and Bartonella and Babesia... mycoplasma, Candida, etc. The list can go on and

on, but it sure helps to hear how everyone else is coping with your stage, your

personal struggles. It helps me enormously. How much of this is topical I'll

probably never know... Bill seems to think it is a bug and I can't deny there

are not bugs because most of us have found some of them. For me, I never found a

bug, only fibers and maybe a bug wrapped in a fiber. But it sure is something

that infests the house, whether it is a bug or not. >>>>>>Thanks for being there

everyone. >>>> Re: meds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hi there >>Thats realy good

that doxy may have stopped pin pricking. >>Do u think ur pin pricks were because

of lyme infection n not mites? >>My pin prick sensations have got worse recently

>>Today about thirty mostly big unpleasant

sensations soles,of feet >>Toes partic second n third toes in both feet >>Even

one on my arm,two on my legs >>Last night they were bad too >>Im extremely

distressed >>As got more agressive with treatment recently >>Eg benzyol peroxide

ten days all leg hands feet areas >>Bathing feet with allsorts every night >>And

yet its got a lot worse >>I am realy upset >>Someone else said recently the more

they did the worse it got >>Do people get more pin pricks when they are herxing?

>>I recently bought two secondhand wardrobes to put my newly acquired

clothes,bedding into >>Sprayed nylar inside >>And yet so scared cant bring self

to take things outa bin bags to put into them!!! >>I would be delighted mentaly

if I knew the pinpricks were lyme or co infections >>Because every time im

bitten >>The thought that its a mite is makin me deeply unhappy!!

>>>>------------------------------ >>On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 07:50 PST Linds J

wrote: >>>>I very rarely post anything but

do read all the emails when I have time. I have been on Doxy 300 mg for 6 weeks

now along with Diflucan once daily and Nystatin 4 times daily. I haven't had

crawlies in months. Pin pricks have stopped as well. 2 days into Doxy I felt

some burning which I think is herxing. About 2 weeks into Doxy my joints have

all been hurting as well as being nauseous and light headed at times. The Doxy

did not stop the crawlies for me as that went away before I even went on it.

However, it may have stopped the pin pricking. I do have Lyme and possibly had

it for 20 years. >>>>>>>>>>>