RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I don't think is D and not sure about that "kiss" rule either.From: Dr Madiha Jamal <drmadihajamal@...>ore mutual support < >Sent: Thu, 17 February, 2011 22:27:41Subject: RE: Question

D is the definite answer...if we follow the kiss rule :) From: hassanalmufty@...Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 01:19:43 +0000Subject: Re: Question

I dont think its D neither. I go for BFrom: Zindagi Smiles <zindagismiles@...> Sent: Fri, 18 February, 2011 1:01:39Subject: Re: Question

i think its D. u ll get definite answer if u refer master dentistry 1. i read it thr. let me also knw aftr confrming.

From: Marcela <marcesanchezf@...>Subject: Question Date: Thursday, 17 February, 2011, 3:28 AM

Could you please help me with this question:

When a patient complains of severe pain that cannot be localized:

a. The pain is most likely periradicular in origin and likely to persist even when the necrotic pulp is removed.

b. Treatment procedures should be delayed and the condition managed with analgesic medications.

c. The cause is most likely non-odontogenic in origin

d. Selective administration of local anesthesia can lead to a definitive diagnosis

e. The pulp of more than one tooth will be involved and the pathosis produce a synergistic-hyperalgesia response within the central nervous system (CNS).

I'm sure I read the C statement somewhere but want to confirm

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

Hello guys,

please refer to pink book p. 426 , trigeminal neuralgia. it says that it may preceed with a prodromal period and difficult to arrive at a diagnosis. injection of LA can break pain cycles and be useful diagnostically.

So I think I need to change my mind and choose D as an answer.

Kind regards

Dahlia

From: Marcela <marcesanchezf@...>Subject: Question Date: Thursday, 17 February, 2011, 3:28 AM

a. The pain is most likely periradicular in origin and likely to persist even when the necrotic pulp is removed.

b. Treatment procedures should be delayed and the condition managed with analgesic medications.

d. Selective administration of local anesthesia can lead to a definitive diagnosis

e. The pulp of more than one tooth will be involved and the pathosis produce a synergistic-hyperalgesia response within the central nervous system (CNS).

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

That indicates the use of LA as a diagnostic aid for Trigeminal Neuralgia which is not the question here.In this case, as they mention that the "pain cannot be localized" would suggest the answer is C.Don't you think?MFrom: Dahlia Chafei <dahliachafei@...> Sent: Fri, 18 February, 2011 7:40:34Subject: Re: Question

Hello guys,

please refer to pink book p. 426 , trigeminal neuralgia. it says that it may preceed with a prodromal period and difficult to arrive at a diagnosis. injection of LA can break pain cycles and be useful diagnostically.

So I think I need to change my mind and choose D as an answer.

Kind regards

Dahlia

I'm sure I read the C statement somewhere but want to confirm Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

Marcela,

C could be the answer. I am not sure. But i meant that, the question describes a case of trigeminal neuralgia, since they say with non localized pain. That is why i was suggesting D as an answer, referring to the pink book, injection of LA can break pain cycles and be useful diagnostically.

That is only my opinion, but i am happy to know yours as well.

Dahlia

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

Thanks for giving your opinion. Discussions help us get to an answer.From: Dahlia Chafei <dahliachafei@...> Sent: Fri, 18 February, 2011 8:22:18Subject: Re: Question

Marcela,

C could be the answer. I am not sure. But i meant that, the question describes a case of trigeminal neuralgia, since they say with non localized pain. That is why i was suggesting D as an answer, referring to the pink book, injection of LA can break pain cycles and be useful diagnostically.

Dahlia

c. The cause is most likely non-odontogenic in origin d. Selective administration of local anesthesia can lead to a definitive diagnosis e. The pulp of more than one tooth will be involved and the pathosis produce a synergistic-hyperalgesia response within the central nervous system (CNS).

Marcela

Guest guest

Thanks for giving your opinion. Discussions help us get to an answer.From: Dahlia Chafei <dahliachafei@...> Sent: Fri, 18 February, 2011 8:22:18Subject: Re: Question

Marcela,

Dahlia

c. The cause is most likely non-odontogenic in origin d. Selective administration of local anesthesia can lead to a definitive diagnosis e. The pulp of more than one tooth will be involved and the pathosis produce a synergistic-hyperalgesia response within the central nervous system (CNS).

Marcela

Guest guest

i go for d too,,,,,somewhere i happen to come across the fact that if the patient fails to localise the pain it can be helped by administration of local anaesthesia.....

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

I think local anaesthesia will definitely help us narrowing down the area where the pain is coming from. But if it comes from an specific tooth, LA wont help. We would need to be able to completely anaesthetise a singular tooth to make sure thats the root of the pain.What do you think?ThanksMFrom: Yasmeen Khan <yasmeenmkhan83@...> Sent: Fri, 18 February, 2011 8:45:27Subject: RE: Question

i go for d too,,,,,somewhere i happen to come across the fact that if the patient fails to localise the pain it can be helped by administration of local anaesthesia.....

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

Any reference for D answer or any other answer please? From: Dr Madiha Jamal <drmadihajamal@...>ore mutual support < >Sent: Fri, 18 February, 2011 3:27:41Subject: RE: Question

D is the definite answer...if we follow the kiss rule :) From: hassanalmufty@...Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 01:19:43 +0000Subject: Re: Question

I dont think its D neither. I go for BFrom: Zindagi Smiles <zindagismiles@...> Sent: Fri, 18 February, 2011 1:01:39Subject: Re: Question

i think its D. u ll get definite answer if u refer master dentistry 1. i read it thr. let me also knw aftr confrming.

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

I think it could be B. Selective administration of LA can not lead alone to definitive diagnosis. The pain can be non- odontogenic and odontogenic in origin. In the cases of acute pulpitis, patient has a referred pain and can not point the exact teeth as inflammotory process has not reached the proprioceptive fibers of the perio ligament.(tender to percussion) so first is the analgesia and wait until it is localized, if we are not 100% sure. blue book says irreversible treatment should not be embarked upon until the diagnosis is established.From: Dahlia Chafei <dahliachafei@...> Sent: Fri, 18 February, 2011 13:22:18Subject: Re: Question

Marcela,

Dahlia

Marcela

Guest guest

Hi guysNice to have disscussions!!I guess between c and d it is dc-is not becuase the pain that not very well localised-could be pulpitis...d is more suitable answer..maybe e..as well.May be i am wrong..(Lee

Marcela

Guest guest

Hi

If pt. is in severe pain then u cant just give analgesics & do nothing.U have to identify the cause & treat it if possible.Option D looks most appropriate traetment to localise the area or pain.

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

Hi guys, I think that selective administration to LA can lead to definitive diagnosis.This statement is actually true as remember taking it in dental school.I do remember though that it might be the last option you do if you can't localise the pain by other means.. Will try To check that and find reference if u canRegardsSent from my iPhoneOn 18 Feb 2011, at 18:14, Otgontsokhio Nyamsuren <otgontsokhio_nymsrn@...> wrote:

I think it could be B. Selective administration of LA can not lead alone to definitive diagnosis. The pain can be non- odontogenic and odontogenic in origin. In the cases of acute pulpitis, patient has a referred pain and can not point the exact teeth as inflammotory process has not reached the proprioceptive fibers of the perio ligament.(tender to percussion) so first is the analgesia and wait until it is localized, if we are not 100% sure. blue book says irreversible treatment should not be embarked upon until the diagnosis is established.From: Dahlia Chafei <dahliachafei@...> Sent: Fri, 18 February, 2011 13:22:18Subject: Re: Question

Marcela,

Dahlia

Marcela

Reply to sender |

Reply to group |

Reply via web post |

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic

(58)

Recent Activity:

New Members

New Links

New Files

Visit Your Group

Guest guest

hi guys..see if we think logically first aim isto diagnosre thn only comes treatment and D is the way diagnose such cases so i ll mark D.

Marcela

Guest guest

i agree with zindage ....diagnosis comes first... From: zindagismiles@...Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 05:17:33 +0530Subject: Re: Question

hi guys..see if we think logically first aim isto diagnosre thn only comes treatment and D is the way diagnose such cases so i ll mark D.

Marcela

Guest guest

As far as I know, for taking the ORE any visa works. You just need to be allowed in the country and be able to be there on the dates of the exam.From: Zindagi Smiles <zindagismiles@...> Sent: Sat, 19 February, 2011 18:47:33Subject: Re: Question

Marcela

Guest guest

The bony lamella separating the maxillary sinus andthe teeth decreases in thickness from the upper canine(6.9 mm) to the 2nd molar (1.7 mm) and furtherincreases to the 3rd molar (2.8 mm).

P1 : 3.8mmP2 : 1.9mm

http://www.rjme.ro/RJME/resources/files/490408485489.pdf

pls correct me if wrong, tkx.

From: Aqsa Fatima Burki <aqsaburki@...> Sent: Thu, 24 February, 2011 10:58:40Subject: Re: Question

Can anyone tell me the distance of upper second and first premolar from the maxillary sinus?

Guest guest

Thank U so much! God bless uFrom: Vera Lucia <veradentaluk@...> Sent: Thu, February 24, 2011 11:25:29 AMSubject: Re: Re: Question

The bony lamella separating the maxillary sinus andthe teeth decreases in thickness from the upper canine(6.9 mm) to the 2nd molar (1.7 mm) and furtherincreases to the 3rd molar (2.8 mm).

From: Aqsa Fatima Burki <aqsaburki@...> Sent: Thu, 24 February, 2011 10:58:40Subject: Re: Question

Can anyone tell me the distance of upper second and first premolar from the maxillary sinus?

Guest guest

thanx a lot aqsa and vera ,,,,,,,,,,,,,From: Aqsa Fatima Burki <aqsaburki@...>Subject: Re: Re: Question Date: Thursday, 24 February, 2011, 11:42 AM

Thank U so much! God bless uFrom: Vera Lucia <veradentaluk@...> Sent: Thu, February 24, 2011 11:25:29 AMSubject: Re: Re: Question

Guest guest

COPD i thinkFrom: Rahaf Eid <rahafeid@...>" " < >Sent: Sun, March 13, 2011 8:44:54 PMSubject: Question

Hi,

I have came across question in the past exams feedback..

Which condition is relieved by sleeping on 3-4 pillows?

Can you please help

Thanks

Rahaf

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

I think it's orthopnoea..But not sureOn 13 Mar 2011, at 20:44, Rahaf Eid <rahafeid@...> wrote:

Hi,

Can you please help

Thanks

Rahaf

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

i think its obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)

From: Aqsa Fatima Burki <aqsaburki@...>Subject: Re: Question Date: Monday, 14 March, 2011, 2:40 AM

COPD i think

From: Rahaf Eid <rahafeid@...>" " < >Sent: Sun, March 13, 2011 8:44:54 PMSubject: Question

Hi,I have came across question in the past exams feedback..Which condition is relieved by sleeping on 3-4 pillows?Can you please helpThanksRahafSent from my iPhone

Guest guest

Everything that connect with a heart problem.LeeFrom: Rahaf Eid <rahafeid@...>Subject: Question" " < >Date: Sunday, 13 March, 2011, 20:44

Hi,

Can you please help

Thanks

Rahaf

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

An apical radiolucency (2mm) is noticed as an incidental radiographic finding associated with the apex of the mesiobuccal root of the lower right first molar. The tooth has been root filled but is 2mm short of the radiographic apex. There are no other clinical or radiographic findings and the patient is fit and well.What is the most appropriate course of action?A. Extract the tooth.B. Redo the root fillingC. Perform periapical surgery.D. Advise the patient of the situation and monitor clinically and radiographicallyE. Prescribe antibiotics then reviewLeeFrom: Rahaf Eid <rahafeid@...>Subject: Question" " < >Date: Sunday, 13 March, 2011, 20:44

Hi,

Can you please help

Thanks

Rahaf

Sent from my iPhone