RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think is d.Ana sent from her iPhoneOn 14 Mar 2011, at 08:54, Dr Avery <avery_dr@...> wrote:

An apical radiolucency (2mm) is noticed as an incidental radiographic finding associated with the apex of the mesiobuccal root of the lower right first molar. The tooth has been root filled but is 2mm short of the radiographic apex. There are no other clinical or radiographic findings and the patient is fit and well.What is the most appropriate course of action?A. Extract the tooth.B. Redo the root fillingC. Perform periapical surgery.D. Advise the patient of the situation and monitor clinically and radiographicallyE. Prescribe antibiotics then reviewLeeFrom: Rahaf Eid <rahafeid@...>Subject: Question" " < >Date: Sunday, 13 March, 2011, 20:44

Hi,

I have came across question in the past exams feedback..

Which condition is relieved by sleeping on 3-4 pillows?

Can you please help

Thanks

Rahaf

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

It must be D, since there are no other clinical or radiographic signs ...

It's probably healthy

From: Dr Avery <avery_dr@...> Sent: Mon, 14 March, 2011 8:54:06Subject: Re: Question

An apical radiolucency (2mm) is noticed as an incidental radiographic finding associated with the apex of the mesiobuccal root of the lower right first molar. The tooth has been root filled but is 2mm short of the radiographic apex. There are no other clinical or radiographic findings and the patient is fit and well.What is the most appropriate course of action?A. Extract the tooth.B. Redo the root fillingC. Perform periapical surgery.D. Advise the patient of the situation and monitor clinically and radiographicallyE. Prescribe antibiotics then reviewLee

Guest guest

Isn't it b.. Retreat? Coz it it most likely to be the bingeing or signs or RCT failure!!Sent from my iPhoneOn 14 Mar 2011, at 09:40, Tessy Al-Khalidi <hott_ice17@...> wrote:

It's probably healthy

From: Dr Avery <avery_dr@...> Sent: Mon, 14 March, 2011 8:54:06Subject: Re: Question

An apical radiolucency (2mm) is noticed as an incidental radiographic finding associated with the apex of the mesiobuccal root of the lower right first molar. The tooth has been root filled but is 2mm short of the radiographic apex. There are no other clinical or radiographic findings and the patient is fit and well.What is the most appropriate course of action?A. Extract the tooth.B. Redo the root fillingC. Perform periapical surgery.D. Advise the patient of the situation and monitor clinically and radiographicallyE. Prescribe antibiotics then reviewLee

Guest guest

its DFrom: Dr Avery <avery_dr@...> Sent: Mon, March 14, 2011 8:54:06 AMSubject: Re: Question

An apical radiolucency (2mm) is noticed as an incidental radiographic finding associated with the apex of the mesiobuccal root of the lower right first molar. The tooth has been root filled but is 2mm short of the radiographic apex. There are no other clinical or radiographic findings and the patient is fit and well.What is the most appropriate course of action?A. Extract the tooth.B. Redo the root fillingC. Perform periapical surgery.D. Advise the patient of the situation and monitor clinically and radiographicallyE. Prescribe antibiotics then reviewLeeFrom: Rahaf Eid <rahafeid@...>Subject: Question" " < >Date: Sunday, 13 March, 2011, 20:44

Hi,

Can you please help

Thanks

Rahaf

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

Not any radiolucency indicates failure ..

It could be healing of previous abscess by granulation tissue formation. So wait and monitor, dont retreat.

By the way this is a common mistake for dentists. whenever they see a radiolucency, they immediately go for retreatment, which is not always the wisest decision !!!

From: Rahaf Eid <rahafeid@...>" " < >Sent: Mon, 14 March, 2011 10:08:27Subject: Re: Question

Isn't it b.. Retreat? Coz it it most likely to be the bingeing or signs or RCT failure!!

Sent from my iPhone

On 14 Mar 2011, at 09:40, Tessy Al-Khalidi <hott_ice17@...> wrote:

It's probably healthy

Guest guest

Btw apical constriction is always 2 mm short of radiographic apex so it might be a normal filled root canalFrom: Tessy Al-Khalidi <hott_ice17@...> Sent: Mon, March 14, 2011 10:17:22 AMSubject: Re: Question

It could be healing of previous abscess by granulation tissue formation. So wait and monitor, dont retreat.

By the way this is a common mistake for dentists. whenever they see a radiolucency, they immediately go for retreatment, which is not always the wisest decision !!!

From: Rahaf Eid <rahafeid@...>" " < >Sent: Mon, 14 March, 2011 10:08:27Subject: Re: Question

Isn't it b.. Retreat? Coz it it most likely to be the bingeing or signs or RCT failure!!

Sent from my iPhone

It's probably healthy

Guest guest

can anyone give me measurements of all individual teeth?From: Tessy Al-Khalidi <hott_ice17@...> Sent: Mon, March 14, 2011 10:17:22 AMSubject: Re: Question

Sent from my iPhone

It's probably healthy

Guest guest

GERD( esophageal reflux)Sent from my iPadOn 14 Mar 2011, at 08:52, Dr Avery <avery_dr@...> wrote:

Everything that connect with a heart problem.LeeFrom: Rahaf Eid <rahafeid@...>Subject: Question" " < >Date: Sunday, 13 March, 2011, 20:44

Hi,

Can you please help

Thanks

Rahaf

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

the ans is D

From: afrin81 <afrin81@...>Subject: question Date: Monday, March 14, 2011, 10:32 PM

HI can any one help me with this questionThanksCigarette smoking is considered to be the most important factor next to microbial plaque in periodontal disease progression. Which of the following is the most important factor in the disease progression in smokers?A. Smokers have drier mouths than non-smokers B. Smokers have poorer oral hygiene than non-smokers. C. Nicotine will impair the chemotactic and phagocytic properties of PMNs. D. The gingival blood flow is reduced in smokers. E. Smokers alter the oral environment encouraging the growth of anaerobic bacteria

Guest guest

hi,i think its D plz correct if im wrong...seethalFrom: afrin81 <afrin81@...> Sent: Mon, 14 March, 2011 17:02:55Subject: question

HI

can any one help me with this question

Thanks

Cigarette smoking is considered to be the most important factor next to microbial

plaque in periodontal disease progression.

Which of the following is the most important factor in the disease progression in smokers?

A. Smokers have drier mouths than non-smokers

B. Smokers have poorer oral hygiene than non-smokers.

C. Nicotine will impair the chemotactic and phagocytic properties of PMNs.

D. The gingival blood flow is reduced in smokers.

E. Smokers alter the oral environment encouraging the growth of anaerobic

bacteria

Guest guest

hi its e refer master dentistry 2

From: Seethal Mark <seethalmark@...> Sent: Mon, 14 March, 2011 20:41:13Subject: Re: question

hi,

i think its D plz correct if im wrong...

seethal

From: afrin81 <afrin81@...> Sent: Mon, 14 March, 2011 17:02:55Subject: question

HI can any one help me with this questionThanksCigarette smoking is considered to be the most important factor next to microbial plaque in periodontal disease progression. Which of the following is the most important factor in the disease progression in smokers?A. Smokers have drier mouths than non-smokers B. Smokers have poorer oral hygiene than non-smokers. C. Nicotine will impair the chemotactic and phagocytic properties of PMNs. D. The gingival blood flow is reduced in smokers. E. Smokers alter the oral environment encouraging the growth of anaerobic bacteria

Guest guest

C & D From: arul praveen <arulpraveen@...>Subject: Re: question Date: Tuesday, 15 March, 2011, 2:15 AM

From: Seethal Mark <seethalmark@...> Sent: Mon, 14 March, 2011 20:41:13Subject: Re: question

hi,

seethal

Guest guest

i think its D..the question says ' imp factor in periodontal disease progression ' and in smokers the initial symptoms are masked by lack of bleeding...which is because of nicotine narrowing and clogging the blood vessels.

Found this article on google which explains it very well...

How Smoking Destroys Blood Circulatio

True or False? Following the fracture of any bone within the human body the average length of time for a non-smoker to form 1 cm of new bone is 69.6 days as compared with 89.4 days for smokers. True, but why?

Here are a few more links to medical studies concluding that smoking makes the blood content and/or circulatory systems of smokers lousy tools for healing: Unfallchirurg 2002 Jan;105(1):76-81; Injury 2001 Jan;32(1):61-5; Ann Chir Gynaecol 1993;82(4):254-62; Clin Orthop 1999 Aug;(365):184-200; Tex Dent J 1994 Jun;111(6):21-3; Early Wrinkling - Br J Dermatol 2002 Apr;146(4):588-94; Hearing Loss - J Occup Environ Med 2000 Nov;42(11):1045-9

When we think of the damage being done to our body by smoking we tend to

focus on our lungs. It's natural to do so. We can hear the wheezing, feel the cough and actually sense the gradual deterioration occurring inside. But if we're going to worry or be concerned based upon the magnitude or size of the health risk we face, then our greatest concern should be on the damage smoking inflicts upon our body's blood flow systems. Yes, smoking related circulatory disease kills far more smokers than lung cancer and the damage started quickly and early.

Blood is a vehicle for delivering oxygen and nutrients to our body's tissues and organs. Without it they die. Our blood vessels (circulatory system) are the piping highways in which our blood flows. The inside of each healthy blood vessel is coated with a thin Teflon like layer of cells that ensure smooth blood flow. Carbon monoxide from

smoking or second-hand smoke damages this important layer of cells, allowing fats and plaque to stick to vessel walls. Nicotine then performs a double whammy of sorts.

First, each time new nicotine arrives in our brain it causes the body to activate its fight or flight

stress defenses. This in turn causes the immediate release of stored fats into the bloodstream, fats intended to be used to provide the instant energy needed to either fight or flee the saber tooth tiger. But there is no tiger The extra food we consumed during our big meals each day was converted to fat and stored. It was then pumped back into our bloodstream with each new puff of nicotine. It's how we were able to skip meals and what causes many of us to experience wild blood sugar swings when trying to quit. In fact, many of the symptoms of withdrawal

- like an inability to concentrate - are due to nicotine no longer feeding us while we continue to skip meals. We don't need to eat more food in order to avoid extreme blood sugar fluctuations when quitting. We need to learn to spread our normal

daily calorie intake out more evenly over the entire day. We need to learn to once again feed ourselves. The heavy blasts of stored fats released by nicotine stick to vessel walls damaged by toxic carbon monoxide. Sound bad? It gets worse. We've recently learned that nicotine itself, inside our vessels, somehow causes the growth of new blood vessels (vascularization) that then provides a rich supply of oxygen and nutrients to the fats and plaques that have stuck to damaged vessel walls. This internal nicotine vascularization (vessels within vessels) hardens a smoker's arteries and veins and further accelerates their narrowing and clogging. We

each have a rough sense of the damage we've done to our lungs but what degree of clogging has already occurred inside our blood vessels? How long do we have before our coronary arteries - that supply life giving oxygen and nutrients to our heart muscle - become 100% clogged? When it

happens it's called a heart attack

and the portion of the heart muscle that receives oxygen from a particular coronary artery will quickly suffocate and die. How long do we have before our carotid arteries - supplying life giving oxygen and nutrients to our brain - become 100% clogged? When it happens it's called a stroke and the portion of the brain serviced by the artery suffocates and dies. The damage being done isn't just to the vessels supplying blood to our heart and brain. It's occurring, to one degree or another, inside every vessel in a smoker's body. It affects everything from blood vessels associated with hearing, to the skin's blood supply that shows itself in wrinkles, early aging, hair loss and tooth loss. Below are links to images showing varying degrees of artery clogging, followed by links that aid in understanding our body's circulatory system. How close are your body's tissues and organs to losing their blood and oxygen supply? If curious, ask your physician to listen to your blood flow and tell you how it sounds, or to conduct other more detailed tests or exams.

What has smoking done to your arteries?

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:50 PM, VIJAITHA DAS <vijaitha_das@...> wrote:

C & D

From: arul praveen <arulpraveen@...>Subject: Re: question

Date: Tuesday, 15 March, 2011, 2:15 AM

Sent: Mon, 14 March, 2011 20:41:13Subject: Re: question 

hi,

seethal

Sent: Mon, 14 March, 2011 17:02:55Subject: question 

HI can any one help me with this questionThanksCigarette smoking is considered to be the most important factor next to microbial plaque in periodontal disease progression. Which of the following is the most important factor in the disease progression in smokers?

A. Smokers have drier mouths than non-smokers B. Smokers have poorer oral hygiene than non-smokers. C. Nicotine will impair the chemotactic and phagocytic properties of PMNs. D. The gingival blood flow is reduced in smokers.

E. Smokers alter the oral environment encouraging the growth of anaerobic bacteria

Guest guest

Thank you guys for helping to answer the questionLeeFrom: Rahaf Eid <rahafeid@...>Subject: Question" " < >Date: Sunday, 13 March, 2011, 20:44

Hi,

Can you please help

Thanks

Rahaf

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

churchill - pg.202From: arul praveen <arulpraveen@...>Subject: Re: question Date: Tuesday, 15 March, 2011, 2:15 AM

hi,

seethal

Guest guest

I don't see why not - I'd cut them into pieces first.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 20, 2011, at 5:51 PM, Cat Lady wrote:

Just bought 6lbs of Bosc Pears at Costco, can I freeze them for smoothies without messing them up?

Guest guest

Yeppers, going to cut them into pieces first and the skin and seeds are good nutrition, so leaving that intact, and thank you

-- Re: question

I don't see why not - I'd cut them into pieces first.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 20, 2011, at 5:51 PM, Cat Lady wrote:

Just bought 6lbs of Bosc Pears at Costco, can I freeze them for smoothies without messing them up?

Guest guest

treat using standard conditions of infection control

From: Dahlia Chafei <dahliachafei@...>Subject: question Date: Friday, 25 March, 2011, 10:15

Dear all,

I came across this question and I am not sure about its answer.

how would you treat a person with TB, HIV, hepatitis , MRSA

send them to the hospital

use single use instruments

treat with sterile instruments

treat using standard condition for infection control

I would appreciate your answer

Thanks

Dahlia

Guest guest

thanks Pamod

From: Dahlia Chafei <dahliachafei@...>Subject: question Date: Friday, 25 March, 2011, 10:15

Dear all,

I came across this question and I am not sure about its answer.

Thanks

Dahlia

Guest guest

Hi,

I think that any patient must be treated on the same conditions.With cross-infection control policy under control, every patient and staff will be protected.

Any patient or staff member can be a potential transmitter.

Rossana

On 25 March 2011 17:15, Dahlia Chafei <dahliachafei@...> wrote:

Dear all,

I came across this question and I am not sure about its answer.

Thanks

Dahlia

Guest guest

it is C

From: Rossana Valtes <rvaltes@...> < >Sent: Thu, 19 May, 2011 3:07:49 PMSubject: Question

What antibiotic is used to manage a superinfected herpetic lip lesion?

a. Ciprofloxacin

b. Metronidazole

c. Cefuroxime

d. Metronidazole

Tks

Rossana

Guest guest

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 2:10 PM, Swati Sheokand <swati.sheokand@...> wrote:

hi analgesic best post operatively morphine

analgesic given 2 days after extraction paracetamol analgesic for years long pain  

analgesic for children paracetamol(in moderate dose under 16 years)plz correct if wrong

Guest guest

From: Swati Sheokand <swati.sheokand@...>" " < >Sent: Tue, 21 June, 2011 6:40:58 PMSubject: question

hi analgesic best post operatively -ibuprofen analgesic given 2 days after extraction-paracetamol analgesic for years long pain-morphine analgesic for children-ibuprofencorrect me if am wrong this is an emq and options are paracetamol, aspirine, ibuprofen, morphine...kindly help m little confused regards

Guest guest

thanks a lot but cant we use morphine in years long pain?as pink book says its used for chronic painFrom: shilpa shrivastava <shilpa.20shrivastava@...> Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:04 PMSubject: Re: question

hi analgesic best post operatively morphine

analgesic given 2 days after extraction paracetamol analgesic for years long pain

analgesic for children paracetamol(in moderate dose under 16 years)plz correct if wrong

Guest guest

As MST reparation or oramorph for chronic painMurtazaSent from my iPhoneOn 21 Jun 2011, at 22:32, Swati Sheokand <swati.sheokand@...> wrote:

thanks a lot but cant we use morphine in years long pain?as pink book says its used for chronic painFrom: shilpa shrivastava <shilpa.20shrivastava@...> Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:04 PMSubject: Re: question

hi analgesic best post operatively morphine

analgesic given 2 days after extraction paracetamol analgesic for years long pain