RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

D seems the most likely answer.. keeping in mind the KISS rule option A is is too precise a diagnosis for unlocalized pain without

investigation option B is not a practical option as it is just prescribing answers without making a relative diagnosis option C again is too limiting a statement, you cant be sure if the pain is odontogenic or not option E is also coming to a conclusion without significant evidenceFrom: Marcela <marcesanchezf@...> Sent: Wed, 16 February, 2011 21:58:10Subject: Question

Could you please help me with this question:When a patient complains of severe pain that cannot be localized: a. The pain is most likely periradicular

in origin and likely to persist even when the necrotic pulp is removed. b. Treatment procedures should be delayed

and the condition managed with analgesic medications. c. The cause is most likely non-odontogenic

in origin d. Selective administration of local

anesthesia can lead to a definitive diagnosis e. The pulp of more than one tooth will be

involved and the pathosis produce a synergistic-hyperalgesia response within

the central nervous system (CNS).I'm sure I read the C statement somewhere but want to confirmThanks a lot.Marcela

Guest guest

thanx shivFrom: Shivika Shah <dr_shivika@...>Marcela <marcesanchezf@...>; " " < >Sent: Thu, February 17, 2011 6:42:17 AMSubject: Re: Re: Question

Actually after giving ORE, I think the questions r very precise and will atleast make u hv a definitive ans unless u hv no clue bout it.. Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone Re: Question Hi,It can be C, but the question is not clear enough.Are you sure about the answer?Rossana ------------------------------------

Guest guest

I think its C

From: dr pavan <drpavan82@...> Sent: Thu, 17 February, 2011 10:27:11Subject: Re: Question

i remember reading the answer as d...selective administration of LA wii localize the pain...same question is given in one of the pastest books or online...i remember studyin it...but not sure where....

regards

pavan

From: Marcela <marcesanchezf@...>Subject: Question Date: Thursday, 17 February, 2011, 3:28 AM

Could you please help me with this question:

When a patient complains of severe pain that cannot be localized:

a. The pain is most likely periradicular in origin and likely to persist even when the necrotic pulp is removed.

b. Treatment procedures should be delayed and the condition managed with analgesic medications.

c. The cause is most likely non-odontogenic in origin

d. Selective administration of local anesthesia can lead to a definitive diagnosis

e. The pulp of more than one tooth will be involved and the pathosis produce a synergistic-hyperalgesia response within the central nervous system (CNS).

I'm sure I read the C statement somewhere but want to confirm Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

What is KISS rule please?

ty

From: Mahhum Raza <mahhum@...> Sent: Thu, 17 February, 2011 11:46:28Subject: Re: Question

D seems the most likely answer..

keeping in mind the KISS rule

option A is is too precise a diagnosis for unlocalized pain without investigation

option B is not a practical option as it is just prescribing answers without making a relative diagnosis

option C again is too limiting a statement, you cant be sure if the pain is odontogenic or not

option E is also coming to a conclusion without significant evidence

From: Marcela <marcesanchezf@...> Sent: Wed, 16 February, 2011 21:58:10Subject: Question

a. The pain is most likely periradicular in origin and likely to persist even when the necrotic pulp is removed.

b. Treatment procedures should be delayed and the condition managed with analgesic medications.

d. Selective administration of local anesthesia can lead to a definitive diagnosis

e. The pulp of more than one tooth will be involved and the pathosis produce a synergistic-hyperalgesia response within the central nervous system (CNS).

I'm sure I read the C statement somewhere but want to confirm

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

i think it means ' Keep It Simple Stupid 'On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Hassan Al-mufty <hassanalmufty@...> wrote:

ty

Sent: Thu, 17 February, 2011 11:46:28Subject: Re: Question

D  seems the most likely answer.. 

option A is is too precise a diagnosis for unlocalized pain without investigation

option B is not a practical option as it is just prescribing answers without making a relative diagnosis 

option C again is too limiting a statement, you cant be sure if the pain is odontogenic or not

Sent: Wed, 16 February, 2011 21:58:10Subject: Question 

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

KISS rule is keep it simple and safe

From: Hassan Al-mufty <hassanalmufty@...>Subject: Re: Question Date: Thursday, 17 February, 2011, 6:38 PM

ty

From: Mahhum Raza <mahhum@...> Sent: Thu, 17 February, 2011 11:46:28Subject: Re: Question

option A is is too precise a diagnosis for unlocalized pain without investigation

From: Marcela <marcesanchezf@...> Sent: Wed, 16 February, 2011 21:58:10Subject: Question

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

Thank you,

I had to reseach it first before asking about the meaning :)

Kiss for all,

HA

From: Nituna Agarwal <nituna.agarwal@...> Sent: Thu, 17 February, 2011 13:12:11Subject: Re: Question

i think it means ' Keep It Simple Stupid '

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Hassan Al-mufty <hassanalmufty@...> wrote:

ty

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

This is more comforting answer thank you dr pavan ... : ))

From: dr pavan <drpavan82@...> Sent: Thu, 17 February, 2011 13:13:26Subject: Re: Question

KISS rule is keep it simple and safe

From: Hassan Al-mufty <hassanalmufty@...>Subject: Re: Question Date: Thursday, 17 February, 2011, 6:38 PM

ty

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

ur most welcome hasan....all the best...ru appearing fa ore 1 this april

ty

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

Thank you all for your commentsFrom: dr pavan <drpavan82@...> Sent: Thu, 17 February, 2011 8:39:34Subject: Re: Question

ty

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

Yes, its long way to go though, many points need to be covered in such short time remaining, and you ORE1 as well?Sent from my iPhoneOn Feb 17, 2011, at 1:39 PM, dr pavan <drpavan82@...> wrote:

ty

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

yeah givin this april 6 n 7.....

ty

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

You will pass. Good luckSent from my iPhoneOn Feb 17, 2011, at 2:12 PM, dr pavan <drpavan82@...> wrote:

yeah givin this april 6 n 7.....

ty

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

thnx n wish u the same....ru apprearin this time in april...

ty

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

Yes, hope there won't be many EMQs!On Feb 17, 2011, at 2:26 PM, dr pavan <drpavan82@...> wrote:

thnx n wish u the same....ru apprearin this time in april...

ty

I'm sure I read the C statement somewhere but want to confirm Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

Hi guys,

I think the answer is B Treatment procedures should be delayed and the condition managed with analgesic medications.

This would be a cautious way of treatment better than giving a wrong diagnosis and treatment, that might end up after a few days to be wrong.

Kind regards

Dahlia

ty

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

From: Rossana Valtes <rvaltes@...>Subject: Re: Question Date: Thursday, 17 February, 2011, 19:15

I agree

Rossana

Guest guest

i will go with B actuallyFrom: dr pavan <drpavan82@...> Sent: Thu, February 17, 2011 10:27:11 AMSubject: Re: Question

i remember reading the answer as d...selective administration of LA wii localize the pain...same question is given in one of the pastest books or online...i remember studyin it...but not sure where....

regards

pavan

From: Marcela <marcesanchezf@...>Subject: Question Date: Thursday, 17 February, 2011, 3:28 AM

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

If I remember it right, this question is from PASTEST(online) and the answer is D...

From: Aqsa Fatima Burki <aqsaburki@...> Cc: Sent: Thursday, 17 February 2011, 20:39Subject: Re: Question

i will go with B actually

From: dr pavan <drpavan82@...> Sent: Thu, February 17, 2011 10:27:11 AMSubject: Re: Question

regards

pavan

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

i think its D. u ll get definite answer if u refer master dentistry 1. i read it thr. let me also knw aftr confrming.

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

I dont think its D neither. I go for BFrom: Zindagi Smiles <zindagismiles@...> Sent: Fri, 18 February, 2011 1:01:39Subject: Re: Question

i think its D. u ll get definite answer if u refer master dentistry 1. i read it thr. let me also knw aftr confrming.

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

D is the definite answer...if we follow the kiss rule :) From: hassanalmufty@...Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 01:19:43 +0000Subject: Re: Question

I dont think its D neither. I go for BFrom: Zindagi Smiles <zindagismiles@...> Sent: Fri, 18 February, 2011 1:01:39Subject: Re: Question

Thanks a lot.

Marcela

Guest guest

Would you mind to explain why and which book you can find it?Tks

Rossana

On 18 February 2011 03:27, Dr Madiha Jamal <drmadihajamal@...> wrote:

D is the definite answer...if we follow the kiss rule :) From: hassanalmufty@...

Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 01:19:43 +0000Subject: Re: Question

I dont think its D neither. I go for B

Sent: Fri, 18 February, 2011 1:01:39Subject: Re: Question

Date: Thursday, 17 February, 2011, 3:28 AM

Thanks a lot.

Marcela